PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler OMG Griffin....

Purelife
09-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Haha! Did anyone else die laughing when Griffin called out Anya??? LOL!!!!! Had to be the funniest part of the game, almost on the same level Cole's classic speech in Gears 2. :D

Darkflame798
09-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Nowhere near the same level, it was highly disrespectful and i wanted Marcus to beat Griffin's face in, not only for that but for harrassing him, the gears, and not really giving a sh*t about no one BUT himself.

I hope we get a campaign chapter where we play as him dying. That would make me happy.

Purelife
09-22-2011, 04:58 AM
It was funny because Griffin's personality was the total opposite from what I expected, he really is gangsta. Thought he would be cool with the COG.

Darkflame798
09-22-2011, 05:09 AM
A disrespectful businessman is all i got from Griffin.
He just comes across as a self-righteous asshole to me.
Sorry to say that, but i did NOT like him, he was way, WAY to rude, now if he had have said something along the lines of "Hey Man, I'm sorry for what I said back there! I know i F*cked up, and would like to help you guys out" THEN i would be okay with Grif, but his rudeness made me hate him really REALLY badly.

Purelife
09-22-2011, 05:12 AM
....Damn :confused:

AHal
09-22-2011, 05:16 AM
A disrespectful businessman is all i got from Griffin.
He just comes across as a self-righteous asshole to me.
Sorry to say that, but i did NOT like him, he was way, WAY to rude, now if he had have said something along the lines of "Hey Man, I'm sorry for what I said back there! I know i F*cked up, and would like to help you guys out" THEN i would be okay with Grif, but his rudeness made me hate him really REALLY badly.

Lol, you're really hating on him over there. I personally thought it was quite comical listening to him talk. Sure, "disrespectful" if we were talking about a real life situation, but since its a video game, I thought it was hilarious and laughed my ass off at almost everything he said. Especially at the end: "We'll settle this another time - B*TCH!" and flips Marcus the finger.

So funny!

Threnody
09-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Griffin in campaign = kind of forgettable.
Griffin in multiplayer = effing awesome character to play as. His quotes are golden.

By the way, nothing can touch Cole's speech in Nexus from Gears 2. Nothing comes remotely near.

Wade2193
09-22-2011, 06:49 AM
I loved when he stuck his middle finger up at them when he left. Was hilarious, but yeah, he was an ass. Griffin related DLC is probable I think.

II Coffey II
09-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Lol, you're really hating on him over there. I personally thought it was quite comical listening to him talk. Sure, "disrespectful" if we were talking about a real life situation, but since its a video game, I thought it was hilarious and laughed my ass off at almost everything he said. Especially at the end: "We'll settle this another time - B*TCH!" and flips Marcus the finger.

So funny!

Yeah the finger bit at the end of the scene was funny. lol

AdamFenix
09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/Jamie-kun305/tuxpicom1316690729.jpg

Overclocker
09-22-2011, 07:47 AM
It's highly likely Griffin lost family and friends with the Hammer of Dawn strikes. One favour from Marcus (which Marcus only did to benefit himself) wouldn't take all that away. His hate and disrespect to the CoG is understandable IMO. I realise that it's not the Gears' fault directly, but they put a face to the government, therefore they get the hate.

AdamFenix
09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
It's highly likely Griffin lost family and friends with the Hammer of Dawn strikes. One favour from Marcus (which Marcus only did to benefit himself) wouldn't take all that away. His hate and disrespect to the CoG is understandable IMO. I realise that it's not the Gears' fault directly, but they put a face to the government, therefore they get the hate.

He lost his main source of income; that's all he cares about. Turning a profit and making money.

rusticangelic
09-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Interesting to see what kind of 'Tomorrow' would be available for the remnant of the Gears if the Stranded hate them so much, arguably are they not going to jump from one conflict right into the next??

Or am I getting way to depressive for my own good.

Volimar
09-22-2011, 08:35 AM
The real question is, who is fit to lead what's left of them now? Hoffman wouldn't want the job and other than Trescu, who a lot of people would not follow, the only name i can think of that would make any sort of sense would be Anya. I don't know Sera's position of female leaders in the government, but Anya has the pedigree, the organizational know how, and has worked closely with both Hoffman and Prescott for years. If she gets hitched to Marcus the war hero, then that would just cement her support among the Gears...

ACx7
09-22-2011, 09:35 AM
No. But I cheered when Marcus put him in his place. Lol.

TroyMcClure
09-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Did you guys notice in the cutscene with Griffin, all his gold plated weapons mounted on the wall behind his desk? :D

SIR BIGGLES 520
09-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Griffin is stranded, I think you are all forgetting that and I'm glad griffin's character stayed to the typical stranded persona of absolute hate for the COG.

SIR BIGGLES 520
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Did you guys notice in the cutscene with Griffin, all his gold plated weapons mounted on the wall behind his desk? :D
Yes!! I pointed that out to my brother while he was wacthing

Tcoco898
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
i didnt like griffin at all. i wanted marcus to beat his ass. I dont care if it's ice t's character. in the world of gears no onE ****s with the COG

Azo Galvat
09-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Griffin in multiplayer = effing awesome character to play as. His quotes are golden.

By the way, nothing can touch Cole's speech in Nexus from Gears 2. Nothing comes remotely near.

This.

Honestly, at the end of that little segment, I would have just shot the guy in the face and taken all the imulsion I just worked my ass of to get.

But hey, I can take solace in the fact that his precious fortune has pretty much evaporated.

zeDuffMan
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
The problem with Griffin is that his character is completely inconsequential. Whether he was an ass or not, the same thing would have happened and nothing in the story would have changed. It's like he was put there so they can have some celebrity backing in the form of Ice-T, and he dictated what kind of character he would play. In the end he comes over as totally unbelievable as an arsehole, and totally forced for no reason whatsoever.

Dizzy Dukes
09-22-2011, 12:43 PM
The problem with Griffin is that his character is completely inconsequential. Whether he was an ass or not, the same thing would have happened and nothing in the story would have changed. It's like he was put there so they can have some celebrity backing in the form of Ice-T, and he dictated what kind of character he would play. In the end he comes over as totally unbelievable as an arsehole, and totally forced for no reason whatsoever.

Exactly. He was a completely pointless character. The only point in him was Epic trying to get
someone famous to voice him.

IMO the women stranded leader with the scarred up face was a far more important character.

Shockwave IIC
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I didn't like Griffin's character much either and when Marcus got in his face I was fully expecting him to break Griffin's nose with his forehead.

VeNoM[2.0]
09-22-2011, 01:29 PM
why does griffin character exactly kinda relates to ICE-T?
OG
Loves gold
rich
sitting in a office like scarface
badass OG attitude

just missing a hot stranded female next to him.

Purelife
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Love all the comments :) I agree with some of you, I too thought Griffin was a douche, like I said before, total opposite of what I thought he would be, but I also believed it was a nice change in the game to see someone like him. A corporate hustler in the post-apocalyptic world of Sera, pretty cool if you asked me, and I felt Ice-T did great in making that kind of character believable.

Kalypso
09-22-2011, 01:46 PM

HA, yes, left-hand side. I thought he was going to share but he didn't. Greedy a** :D.

ARMOURED KING
09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah I can't say I was a fan of Griffin. However I will admit him giving the finger was pretty funny.

AHal
09-22-2011, 02:03 PM

Certainly did!

Falcon2223
09-22-2011, 09:49 PM

Dont know if you noticed, but that speech is in gears 3 too. At the part where you get to pick up the hat for Cole there is a button right next to it that has an advertisement for the cereal, and if you press it A LOT then it starts saying the nexus speech from gears 2 in Cole's voice

xMalcolmx
09-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Dont know if you noticed, but that speech is in gears 3 too. At the part where you get to pick up the hat for Cole there is a button right next to it that has an advertisement for the cereal, and if you press it A LOT then it starts saying the nexus speech from gears 2 in Cole's voice

Really? I have to try that again.

I think it was ment for griffen to be an ass. The middle finger in the end had me rolling.

Scorian
09-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I loved when he stuck his middle finger up at them when he left. Was hilarious, but yeah, he was an ass. Griffin related DLC is probable I think.

When he got on the lift i expected something to attack the lift and kill him with it. i was disappointed when it didn't happen.

X3R0 9
09-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Griffin reminded me of Ice-T in the early 90s (gangsta). Griffin and Ice-T were perfect for that role. Stranded wanting his money, sends COG to get his imulsion, and runs when the crap hits the fan.

Holy Gear
09-22-2011, 11:43 PM
i like the part where he gets on the kart. puts his hand up...and sticks his middle finger out....was BEAST.

Homicidal Toaster
09-23-2011, 01:51 AM
There is a secret achievement called respect for the dead. I think it has to do with all the ash people in Char. Maybe if you get it, when you meet Griffin he isn't such a asshole because you aren't disturbing graves. I was a douche and disintegrated everyone I saw. Lol.

clopin
09-23-2011, 02:13 AM
There is a secret achievement called respect for the dead. I think it has to do with all the ash people in Char. Maybe if you get it, when you meet Griffin he isn't such a asshole because you aren't disturbing graves. I was a douche and disintegrated everyone I saw. Lol.

Nope, just gets you free weapons.

Ivan The Great
09-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Griffins just a Original Gangster, hustling everyday, and the COG act as the police

Threnody
09-23-2011, 11:46 AM
I did. And I also noticed Griffin's cane and thought it looked familiar. I thought I had seen something like that in Checkout... ;)

Seriously? Haha. I'm gonna have to try that out next time.

Gears_of_war_3
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Exactly. He was a completely pointless character. The only point in him was Epic trying to get
someone famous to voice him.

IMO the women stranded leader with the scarred up face was a far more important character.
epic wasn't trying to do **** ice-t wanted to be in the game.

mems1224
09-23-2011, 11:56 AM
griffen was awesome love what he said to anya. it was hilarious