PDA

View Full Version : Default character fails to load (Quick Match)

bws_jax7
09-21-2011, 04:10 PM
This happens very frequently, sometimes the character will load, sometimes it will not and I get placed as Drone or Marcus. Several of my friends have been experiencing this as well. Not a big deal, but I'd like some sort of continuity. Also it's only certain people. Some people get their default character, others don't.

Kriztofer
09-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Think it only happens if you join the game late, only seems to happen in quick matches

Epidemic
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Taken from another thread.

If the server doesn't load your character, then it does not exist. No one will see or hear you. If we defer loading to during a match, it would load very slowly, it could cause memory issues, and it would cause unacceptable hitches to gameplay for everyone else in the server.

It will load all your info at the next match.

-E

TG Mik3
09-21-2011, 05:39 PM
The same thing happened during the Beta, if you join the game late and no one else is playing as the character you have as your default, instead of stopping the game to load it they just default you to the base for each side and then load your choice at the beginning of the next game.

bws_jax7
09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
This still doesn't make sense, because I've played like 10 games in a row with the same people, and it still happens like every 3rd match.

Unyinz
09-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, this doesn't just happen when joining a new match. I've had it happen in between matches several times.

jayk359
09-21-2011, 10:54 PM
if they are on the disc why do they not load.