PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 3 beta unlockes didnt unlock.

improveurgame
09-21-2011, 02:15 PM
hey guys, i bought gears 3 yesterday, and i noticed i didnt get my unlocks from the beta.
My friend told me a little while ago not to delete the gears of war 3 beta from my hard drive. luckily i didnt, i kept it on my hard drive. i did not clean my cache, i didnt delete it or even touch it.
So whats going on? anyone got any advice on maybe how to fix it?
Thanks.

dirkyd3rk
09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Everyones having this issue. 5 threads a day pop up about this and epic hasn't responded yet.

Dirac
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
When I first booted up the game, I didn't get my unlocks. What I did was:

From the main screen, press Start button to go to the Options menu
Select Storage Location
Select the storage device on which your beta save game is located. (In my case this was a memory card, not my hard drive.)
The game will force you back to logo screen. Press start

After that, all my beta unlocks popped up. I don't know if this will work for other people, but, I haven't seen it suggested anywhere so far. So, try it.

killerninja24
09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm having the same problem but the only difference is i got the golden retro lancer but none of the flaming camos or my cole train, has anyone else had this happen?

Raiga
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Select Storage Location
Select the storage device on which your beta save game is located. (In my case this was a memory card, not my hard drive.)

After that, all my beta unlocks popped up. I don't know if this will work for other people, but, I haven't seen it suggested anywhere so far. So, try it.

I just tried that and it didn't work. This is ridiculous BS. Thanks for the idea though.

improveurgame
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM

Select Storage Location

yea, i tried that already, didnt work, thanks though

improveurgame
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM

Select Storage Location

yea, i tried that already, didnt work, thanks though

Crazyelmo95
09-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I think i may know the problem, Anybody who bought Bulletstorm has had all their beta unlocks unlocked but anybody withouy BS didnt get them all ,I know as all my friends with BS (5) have unlocked everything and ones without (3) inc me have not unlocked them or have some of them but not all.
But some people got them anyway which is annoying

dirkyd3rk
09-22-2011, 03:27 PM
If you dont have the save file or changed xboxes its not gonna work. The end

AHal
09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I haven't had any issues; all of my beta unlocks are there and were there the first time I loaded up the game. I got the beta via an early access code and was not through Bulletstorm, so that can kill that rumor.

improveurgame
09-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I think i may know the problem, Anybody who bought Bulletstorm has had all their beta unlocks unlocked but anybody withouy BS didnt get them all ,I know as all my friends with BS (5) have unlocked everything and ones without (3) inc me have not unlocked them or have some of them but not all.
But some people got them anyway which is annoying
thats not always the case, i bought bulletstorm and i didnt get my stuff.

Alberttron
09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Im having same issue too funny part is i got flaming retro lancer and gold. I never even played the week for flaming retro i was on for flaming shotgun. i got no cole train, no beta medal, but retro stuff....ugh what a tease

CPD98
09-22-2011, 07:38 PM
this is happing to me too, i don't have my beta unlocks while my friends have them. i worked really hard to get cole train, golden retro lancer, and everything else.but i still have my beta tester. i hope Epic does something about this!

improveurgame
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
hmmm i must be amazing then because i didnt change xbox's, change harddrives, or anything like that and i didnt get it,
i got the golden retro though, but not anything else

T0PP HATT
09-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Everyones having this issue. 5 threads a day pop up about this and epic hasn't responded yet.

Yes they did!!!

Flak
Administrator

Gamer IDs

Q: I still have my Beta saved game file, but I did not get my unlocks when I played Gears of War 3.
A: Your Beta saved game files and Gears of War 3 saved game files should be in the same place. As soon as you save both files in the same storage area you should receive your unlocks.

Q: I’ve done that, but I still don’t seem to have my unlocks.
A: They will only be received by the account that unlocked them.

Q: I think I should have more unlocks.
A: As long as you have your saves in the same area and you are the one who achieved them, the unlocks you receive should be all of the ones that you acquired in the beta.

If you still don't have what you think you should have, please contact Microsoft Xbox Support by visiting the xbox.com web site at www.xbox.com/support or by phone at 1-800-4MYXBOX.

For other regions:

1) Go to www.Xbox.com
2) Select your language (this can be changed if needed by clicking “International” in upper left of the window)
3) Choose “Contact Support” from the “Support” menu item in the menu bar

You will see the number for your regional Xbox support center.

You can also contact them on Twitter at http://twitter.com/XboxSupport

UGunaL0S3
09-28-2011, 01:37 PM

As long as you have the file you should be fine, even if you swapped out your hard drive to put it in another xbox

grimevil
09-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Yes they did!!!

Flak
Administrator

Gamer IDs

Q: I still have my Beta saved game file, but I did not get my unlocks when I played Gears of War 3.
A: Your Beta saved game files and Gears of War 3 saved game files should be in the same place. As soon as you save both files in the same storage area you should receive your unlocks.

Q: I’ve done that, but I still don’t seem to have my unlocks.
A: They will only be received by the account that unlocked them.

Q: I think I should have more unlocks.
A: As long as you have your saves in the same area and you are the one who achieved them, the unlocks you receive should be all of the ones that you acquired in the beta.

If you still don't have what you think you should have, please contact Microsoft Xbox Support by visiting the xbox.com web site at www.xbox.com/support or by phone at 1-800-4MYXBOX.

For other regions:

1) Go to www.Xbox.com
2) Select your language (this can be changed if needed by clicking “International” in upper left of the window)
3) Choose “Contact Support” from the “Support” menu item in the menu bar

You will see the number for your regional Xbox support center.

You can also contact them on Twitter at http://twitter.com/XboxSupport

thats not much of a reply, thats more like an automated message system that was created to anger people. we want straight answers epic, no feeding around the bush. until then im probly going to go back and play halo because bungie cared enough to answer whenever there was a problem.

Natefam51
09-29-2011, 02:01 AM
All my beta unlocks came up, although I had no idea Epic intended to reset everyone's character levels. That said, my only issue now is I didn't get the Golden Wings...yet I got the weapons during launch week.

bigjimid
09-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll add to the topic by saying that I was in the Beta from week one from my pre-ordered Bulletstorm Epic Ed. I unlocked everything, and was so happy to be playing with Thrashball Cole rocking a Gold Retro Lancer.

Once I started up Gears 3 for the first time it loaded a bunch of stuff. When I checked what it loaded, it unlocked all 4 Flame Skins and the Beta Tester Medal, but not Thrashball Cole (Cole Train) or the Gold Retro Lancer skin. Took me a while to get those, and I'd like to have them.

The only thing I've tried is re-choosing the Storage Device from the main menu, but it didn't work. I'm wondering if copying or moving the Beta Player Data from the Beta folder into the Gears of War 3 folder would work? I hope the release an update that tells the game to look in the Gears of War 3 Beta folder.