PDA

View Full Version : Stop taking my kills!!!!!!!!!!!!

ObeySK
09-21-2011, 03:51 AM
why does everyone one in gears 2 & 3 take downed kills. In gears 1 barley anyone stole your kill. I worked my ass off to down some guy and your just gonna take it?! oh and the sawed off is op.NERF THAT *****

WastedTalent
09-21-2011, 03:54 AM
The way I see it, kills really don't matter. Should be more worried about your W/L ratio instead of your K/D ratio. What ever happened to playing to win?

And yes, the SO is really cheap.

TaoTang
09-21-2011, 04:02 AM
I kill what I kill, if you downed him it ain't my problem.

ObeySK
09-21-2011, 04:04 AM
I understand if you take my kill while its really intense. But I hate it when someone takes it while there is no one around or when im right in front of it.

II Rave
09-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Its about winning not killing, i wish people would stop worrying about k/d and worry more about the win, you could kill 20 & die once but if you loose the game your still a looser.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ObeySK
09-21-2011, 04:12 AM
I dont care about my k/d. It just irritates me that some guy can just walk up and take my ****

Smooth Outlaw
09-21-2011, 04:12 AM
Lol, here I think I will come into a thread talking about something other than the sawed off, but no, just another thread complaining about the sawed off being OP.

II Donell II
09-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Gears 1 there was hardly any killstealing because most kills were gibs and most people played Execution, which makes it hard to steal kills.

It's pretty annoying when people blatently steal kills when you can easily get it, but theres nothing you can do about it. Just accept it and carry on. I just let them die if they're bleeding out as a bit of revenge.

A bit of etiquette goes a long way.

And the Sawn Off is not OP. That's why 99% of the people who use them are baddies.

Clutch Cat4lyst
09-21-2011, 04:22 AM
It's not your kill until it's on the scoreboard

Monst
09-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Gears 1 there was hardly any killstealing because most kills were gibs and most people played Execution, which makes it hard to steal kills.

It's pretty annoying when people blatently steal kills when you can easily get it, but theres nothing you can do about it. Just accept it and carry on. I just let them die if they're bleeding out as a bit of revenge.

But theres self revive in this game :(

II Donell II
09-21-2011, 04:53 AM
But theres self revive in this game :(

Well, the enemy can finish them if you back off.

Or you could play Warzone.

Stewarto
09-21-2011, 04:55 AM
I have actually not seen any kill stealing at all yesterday, people were actually respectfull and left my downs.. probably helped I left their downs first but still.

squiddygamer
09-21-2011, 05:17 AM
It's not your kill until it's on the scoreboard

quoted for truth. not your kill unless you kill em. and it not like you dont get any points for it. but you should more be concentrating on your W/L ratio though

Jaggs
09-21-2011, 05:42 AM
Funny fact; My first ribbon was the Stop, thief! ribbon.

In the beta, which I played since week 1, I never got that ribbon.

iiblokush
09-21-2011, 05:46 AM
**** half the time i dont even get the chance to get my down its instantly fired upon.. and all this "not your kill til its on the scoreboard" are you kidding me what a joke kid..they would never have the opportunity to be KILLED unless it was for me downing them..scrubs straight up. I play to pop heads and wallbounce kids like you...not for W/L lol. :D

Hell Patrol
09-21-2011, 05:55 AM
they steal from you, you steal from them nuff said.

Richtophen
09-21-2011, 11:16 AM
First 4 hours of playing the game, I had a friend who actually got 34 of his kills stolen. No good reason to do it like there was a threat or danger to the team either.

C Murder 20
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
all of you saying oh whatever its not a big deal, alright play a game where you have 7 downs and 2 kills cause all your teammates are scrubs. play about 10 of those games and then lets see how you feel

WHO TH3 MAN
09-21-2011, 11:41 AM
all of you saying oh whatever its not a big deal, alright play a game where you have 7 downs and 2 kills cause all your teammates are scrubs. play about 10 of those games and then lets see how you feel

Yeah, **** pisses me off, they need to figure out a formula where if you get a certain amount of damage on a guy you get the kill when some clown comes and takes it. You have to play it on a match by match basis based on who your team is filled with, its apparent right away whether your playing with savages (pun intended) who will take everything, or respectful players who let you finish off your kill.

A CANADIAN
09-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I hate it too. In Gears 1 people played with etiquette. I liked that. In Gears 2 and 3 people take kills constantly. They want to improve their own K/D ratios. It still shows up in the score that I'm on top. So that is all that matters on some level, but don't tell me that K/D don't matter at all. It does. Everyone wants to have a great W/L and a great K/D. As it should be. I guess I'll let them have the 10 points and the kill. Like was said. If they start stealing kills, then I'm going to steal all of theirs. I will follow them if I have to and if they are down, they are down I'll let them die before killing the guy who killed them. Karma is a @$#@. I will be relentless.

I don't mind when it's in the middle of a firefight and other guys are near the enemy to revive or he's crawling behind cover or I'm a ways away. Fine, I get that. It's when it's a 1 vs 1 and nobody around and I down my enemy and some newb comes in and takes it with his lancer before I can do a finishing move or melee to finish. That is why I prefer to play with friends. IF they take my kills they will give me one back. Friends of mine still claim to not know when it's their down at times. I don't quite get that. Anyways..... STOP STEALING KILLS!! Get better at the game.

A CANADIAN
09-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, **** pisses me off, they need to figure out a formula where if you get a certain amount of damage on a guy you get the kill when some clown comes and takes it. This. Other war games have this. Won't mention names.

mems1224
09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
The way I see it, kills really don't matter. Should be more worried about your W/L ratio instead of your K/D ratio. What ever happened to playing to win?

And yes, the SO is really cheap.this

it is annoying though when you save someone, go for an execution and they steal it

Richtophen
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Stop saying worry about W/L too. I've only lost 3 or 4 matches (forget exactly) and 2 of this we're due to joining in win a round lost already and less than 10 respawns. W/L is over 10 already. Im not the best player, I just play with good people. And every time, the people stealing the kills are the random guys are our team who are getting carried and don't even go positive at the end anyways.

SemiHostile
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
why does everyone one in gears 2 & 3 take downed kills. In gears 1 barley anyone stole your kill. I worked my ass off to down some guy and your just gonna take it?! oh and the sawed off is op.NERF THAT *****

Its been a problem in all gears I've played, I've just come to expect it and care less. Its only noticeable with the latest installments because everyone worships their K/D.

Don't want to go into a flame war about it, but the sawed off doesn't need nerfing. It's a weapon that is still statistically used less often then the gnasher and still isn't the workhorse the gnasher is. So until the day that the sawed off actually rivals the gnasher, its fine in my book.

On a side note I do find it annoying sometimes.

xxPRECIZIONxy
09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Ye i agree. I was so pumped for Gears 3. Jumped on a quick tdm and my first 3 downs were taken. Pissed me right off

Pulletlamer
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Deal with it.

Who cares about your kills man. You get assists. Shut up and play.

Deminious
09-21-2011, 12:29 PM
(insert whining voice) :( OMG my K/D is low!!! My W/L is horrible.... :( Seriously people. Did you buy the game to shoot someone in the face or to stare at Freaking numbers......

I usually don't rant but i'm honestly sick of people whining about every little thing. Especially K/D-W/L... How HOW can you say your having fun when all your worried about the entire match that your K/D might drop cause some "noob" stole your kills..

You wanna play the game, then lets go shoot something... you wanna stare at numbers, go be an accountant...

ok i'm done ranting..

assainator117
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM
I use to care alot about kills in Gears 1 and 2 because they were so hard to get because of the lag. but now i don't mind if 2 of my kills are taken......BUT more then 2 and you better back off....

Spec
09-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I HATE this. Its so much more relevent in gears 3 than it was in Gears 2. It might be all the newbies to the series that don't respect the downing system. =\

Deminious
09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
but now i don't mind if 2 of my kills are taken......BUT more then 2 and you better back off....

I am going to follow you around and kill your downs for the next 3 weeks :D

(not really, just trying to be funny now that i got that rant out) :)

Deminious
09-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I HATE this. Its so much more relevent in gears 3 than it was in Gears 2. It might be all the newbies to the series that don't respect the downing system. =\ .... it's a battle. The point is to kill the other team. By any means possible. And everyone was a "newbie". Even you. I'm pretty sure you probably did the same thing.

Also, on this. Alot of people seem to forget that other people might be shooting at the same target as you. And just because your bullet actually downed them, their shots damaged it too. So it's fair game.

fame_mother
09-21-2011, 12:48 PM

Be a Team Player you still get the points, and the sawed off is a double shotgun, are you expecting confetti from it?:eek:

Dom Beast
09-21-2011, 12:53 PM
There's a difference between being a team player and someone being a douche. Especially when it's the last kill of the round.

Deminious
09-21-2011, 12:56 PM
There's a difference between being a team player and someone being a douche. Especially when it's the last kill of the round.

This is the ONLY legit arguement to this that i see. Last kill stealing is a DB thing to do. But thats it lol.

ZiggyFenix
09-21-2011, 12:59 PM
I always just take one of theirs in return, makes a nice feeling for me. It also pisses them off and i just say "Shouldn't of stole my kill *****"

Ouijabored
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
I had a player yesterday that was blatantly doing it to all of our team. So much so that once when I had downed the last opposing player and was about to perform an execution, they ran up and blasted them with the DBS. I just had to laugh at his noobism in the end.

VanDam08
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
People need to stop complaining about stolen kills. Just play the game and try not to die. Thats all. And if you havent figured out how to kill SOS user by now an your a vet gear then you need to play some more and be ashamed of yourself.

Prometherion M
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+does+everybody+steal+my+kills+in+gears+of+w ar+3!!

^^

Lionkilla
09-21-2011, 02:48 PM
only bads kill steal on purpose. I love when they are stealing kills, but not getting any on their own. it's funny how bad some people are. to the s/o kid, gnasher is just as good, if not better than s/o lol.

III HOOP III
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
i used to get pissed about it. you are right in gears 1 it was rare to get one taken. now i dont even care anymore even though i dont steal em back. i just want to win now.

Shockwave IIC
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow?!! People are really getting wound up about this? When I have a good game (Which granted is not that frequently, about 1 in 3 or 4) I almost always have a higher Down count than Kill.

choc d
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
People always have and always will steal your kills on gears.There is nothing you can do so just try and accept it,or get more gears buddies and have a full 5 man team.

arctura
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow. Several people in this thread clearly steal kills and can't get any for themselves.

SALTY CHORIZO
09-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't care if people take my kills, because I'm going to take theirs when the opportunity presents itself. Besides, it's a team game and the objective is to win. Just for fun though, I would like to see some sort of kill-steal statistic. It would be fun to see which of my friends is the guiltiest of doing this.

Zaeldren
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
If you're playing a gametype where they can self-revive, it isn't your kill until they're dead.

Now if you down someone, then raise your ally and he takes the kill, yeah, that's a dick move.

SALTY CHORIZO
09-21-2011, 04:32 PM
.... it's a battle. The point is to kill the other team. By any means possible. And everyone was a "newbie". Even you. I'm pretty sure you probably did the same thing.

Also, on this. Alot of people seem to forget that other people might be shooting at the same target as you. And just because your bullet actually downed them, their shots damaged it too. So it's fair game.

Great point!

Unreal Havoc
09-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I worked my ass off to down some guy and your just gonna take it?!

Way too many times have I seen someone down a guy then get gibbed before finishing him off allowing the downed guy to get a revive.

Sorry man, but my main focus is on my WLR, not my KDR. If I have a chance to take someone out I'm just gonna go ahead and take it.

Lionkilla
09-21-2011, 04:39 PM
yeah right havoc, we know you are a baddie. k/s is for noobs like you that can't aim and down someone on their own

DeanOMiite
09-21-2011, 04:43 PM
A thread where kill stealing AND "the sawed off is overpowered!" in the OP! YYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

It looks like that's just how it's gonna be in Gears 3 man. Frankly I've had a ton of kills taken from me and my response is just to take kills from everyone else. And in my opinion, if everybody else is doing it, then let's rock.

Unreal Havoc
09-21-2011, 04:47 PM
yeah right havoc, we know you are a baddie. k/s is for noobs like you that can't aim and down someone on their own

Still thinking about yourself rather than your team then I take it?

Oh yeah, I bet you're one of those kids who's so hell bent on keeping that perfect KDR that he'll ragequit any match where someone gets the drop on him. Been crying about any Sawn Off Shotguns lately too I wonder? :D

On a lighter note, why do all the hard work when I can get whiny little MLG tryhard scrubs like yourself to do it for me?

I look forward to your attempt at a rebuttal. I'll no doubt have a right laugh reading it.

cae37
09-21-2011, 04:53 PM
I really don't mind much if people steal my kills or not since I still get the points for it. I do get annoyed at it sometimes though, like when you down someone write in front of you and a teammate on some random part of the map decides to steal the kill. It's only annoying when it's outright obvious they stole the kill, but even then it's not something that I'll rage about.

Cpl Crosseyes
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM
At worst it's annoying if blatant but never worth raging over. If you truly did all the work for the down and your teammate took the kill you should still get like what... 150 points? While if someone just finishes a down that they contributed nothing to they get like 10 points? The K/D ratio in games isn't worth much compared to the point/death ratio really.

Epidemic
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm more worried about bots stealing my kills. Almost any time I down someone and a bot is nearby he immediately stops what he's doing and makes a bee-line to steal my kills.

TAO Devil
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
If you don't kill them, it's not your kill. And if you DO kill them, they can't take it, now can they?

Punk Grenadier
09-21-2011, 05:04 PM
It's annoying. I miss the honor that was in Gears 1. Now I don't bother executing unless I'm playing with people I know because randoms steal the kills.

C Murder 20
09-21-2011, 05:04 PM
all of you ***s are the reason this game is gonna turn into a noob fest.... are you joking? you do all the work to down someone and are trying to decide how to execute this downed foe when all of a sudden troll ass teammate shoots him while youre running up to curb stomp, execute, etc. yeah thats real cool and stuff. gtfo of here with that bs. get your own kills not mine

HitmanKG
09-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I agree but I learned not to care sometimes when you work hard you want the kill but hey just do what everyone is doing and kill anyone in sight :)

Epidemic
09-21-2011, 05:07 PM
If I ever play with you TAO I'm going to follow you around everywhere and every time you down someone I'm gonna kill them before you can, because it's not your kill if I get to it first.

Maggot133
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
That's true

ben1bob
09-21-2011, 05:19 PM
casuals = kill stealers

people steal kills to pad their k/d. simple as peas.

you can't even go "hey, you might not know but it's considered impolite in the Gears games to take someone's downed player as a kill unless there are other opponents round who could pick that downed player up" cos nobody talks on their mics. so ignorance on their part may be a very good excuse but we'll never know in the Gears of Silence. never ever. ever.

the kill steals that always make me "laugh" the most are when you've downed someone and someone standing there will boomshot or SOS kills your downed player. they want the kill and 10 points soooooooooo much they'll waste a shot from a power weapon.

i say "laugh" because really i'm just facially expressing "why?" at that point. open mouth, eyes widened, straightened back, small extension of arms, open palms. then someone runs up to me with a SOS and gibs me...

actually, that's one way to guarantee you get to keep all your kills. use the SOS!

ben1bob
09-21-2011, 05:20 PM
If I ever play with you TAO I'm going to follow you around everywhere and every time you down someone I'm gonna kill them before you can, because it's not your kill if I get to it first.

that would be hilarious :)

Punk Grenadier
09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
all of you ***s are the reason this game is gonna turn into a noob fest.... are you joking? you do all the work to down someone and are trying to decide how to execute this downed foe when all of a sudden troll ass teammate shoots him while youre running up to curb stomp, execute, etc. yeah thats real cool and stuff. gtfo of here with that bs. get your own kills not mine

Damn straight.

scudmaster
09-21-2011, 05:33 PM
this doesent bother me and it shouldent bother you. it clearly does seeing as you went through the trouble of posting this thread. but seriously? if that realy effects how much fun your having in the game you need to reavaluate why youre playing.

kekkosweden
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
yes!
seriously, i was playing with randoms and downed some guy in a 1v1 gnasher battle, then suddently some guy in my team HAS to throw 2 ****ing frags at him just to get the kill.
i just want to curb stomp people, it's the most satisfying way of doing anything.
but i have learned to stay away from team members using s/o and retro, because those are the cod kiddies on the gears train on their way to another pathetic call of duty.
**** THEM ALL!!

Visari
09-21-2011, 05:39 PM
I love all the people saying "You shouldn't care about kdr, etc." Who ever said it was about kdr? 6000 kills with the weapons is going to take a lot longer with dickheads taking your kills. I don't mind if I'm firing at the enemy and so too is a team member, I down him and he keeps firing and gets the kill. When I down an enemy and I'm going to perform an excution, etc. and some penis runs up and takes the kill, then I'm pissed!

A CANADIAN
09-21-2011, 06:01 PM

LOL. That's assuming he can get a down on his own. He is one of "them" after all. :)

Makes me mad just thinking about it. I really don't want to turn into one of them. My K/D would skyrocket. Is it worth it? I still believe in the honour of Gears 1. Not the system the scrubs use in Gears 2 and 3.

Humandirty
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Why does everyone assume this about k/d?? Seems to me the problem is if your going for medals and achievment.

xKiLL ZoNEx
09-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Get used to it. I have the same problem. Either join them or group up with a full party of non kill stealers.

Lionkilla
09-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Still thinking about yourself rather than your team then I take it?

Oh yeah, I bet you're one of those kids who's so hell bent on keeping that perfect KDR that he'll ragequit any match where someone gets the drop on him. Been crying about any Sawn Off Shotguns lately too I wonder? :D

On a lighter note, why do all the hard work when I can get whiny little MLG tryhard scrubs like yourself to do it for me?

I look forward to your attempt at a rebuttal. I'll no doubt have a right laugh reading it.

I've never d/ced from any match, regardless if it was a random team vs a stacked team, or if it was a laggy match (gears 2) ect. I'm lvl 100 in gears 2, and have 600 sos kills in gears 3. Talk out of your ass more, it doesn't change the fact that you are a kill stealer because you are bad. go eat a cheese burger fatty

meatheadcog
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
kill stealing does not bother me at all

i never steal other player's kills except for two reasons

1. in the middle of a frantic 3 on 3 shotgun battle or something, **** etiquette just make sure your team wins and don't let them stand back up again
2. if at the end of the round one of my team mates starts taking the piss eg smoke tag, i steal their kill every time

one more thing

a lot of the time, people who accuse others of kill stealing are actually worse than those who steal kills

i once hit an enemy with torque, then a team mate downed him with shotgun split second later, then he exploded

it was obvious what happened, yet the idiot still threw a hissy fit and moaned i stole their kill

Gueri11a
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
I've decided that in this game I'm going to be absolutely merciless with downed enemies and take any I see, because it seems that even if he's the last guy left and I've put every bullet in to down him, every one of my teammates is still going for that kill.

Turk McGurk
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
It has been said in this thread before:

You should be worried about winning and your W/L ratio instead of your K/D.

If you are really really hellbent on your kd, then roll in with a team. I'm sure that the stolen kills will be less frequent and when they do happen, they will be completely on accident. Heat of the moment kinda thing.

Gueri11a
09-21-2011, 06:39 PM
It has been said in this thread before:

You should be worried about winning and your W/L ratio instead of your K/D.

If you are really really hellbent on your kd, then roll in with a team. I'm sure that the stolen kills will be less frequent and when they do happen, they will be completely on accident. Heat of the moment kinda thing.

It's not my K/D I care about, it's getting ribbons and awards. And that becomes a lot harder if you've got some knob running about B bashing.

Matt S
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I have the same problem. I get a penalty if I dont complete a match, why not same for stealing a kill?

I wish they would take the KD ratio out, pissed me off, and does not promote team but self

Turk McGurk
09-21-2011, 06:46 PM
It's not my K/D I care about, it's getting ribbons and awards. And that becomes a lot harder if you've got some knob running about B bashing.

If you're getting killed by the nub running around smashing B, then I think you need to step your game up. I mean that in the nicest way possible haha. I'm not pro, I'd say im average. So don't come back bashing my stats because thats not the point.

Taking your kill after you down someone is really simple. It comes down to a couple more bullets. Of course its a while away, or you run out of ammo then its a different story.

Just my take on it.

Gueri11a
09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
If you're getting killed by the nub running around smashing B, then I think you need to step your game up. I mean that in the nicest way possible haha. I'm not pro, I'd say im average. So don't come back bashing my stats because thats not the point.

Taking your kill after you down someone is really simple. It comes down to a couple more bullets. Of course its a while away, or you run out of ammo then its a different story.

Just my take on it.

I didn't mean bashing me, I have no problem with the melee in this game and I never have. I mean bashing, or kicking, all of my downs. And sometimes it's just not possible to stop someone taking it.

Turk McGurk
09-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I didn't mean bashing me, I have no problem with the melee in this game and I never have. I mean bashing, or kicking, all of my downs. And sometimes it's just not possible to stop someone taking it.

Yeah I realized that half way through typing my response haha. I addressed the real problem in the end of response.

GroovePunk
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Its about winning not killing, i wish people would stop worrying about k/d and worry more about the win, you could kill 20 & die once but if you loose the game your still a looser.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk Actually that sounds like you would be on a horrible team, what if your always on the worst possible team?

Unreal Havoc
09-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Talk out of your ass more, it doesn't change the fact that you are a kill stealer because you are bad.

Got evidence to back that up? Of course you haven't. Opinions don't equal fact.

Now who's talking out of their ass? :D

And lol at 600 Sawn Off Shotgun kills. Because it's really hard to cover camp with a Sawn Off Shotgun and pick bots off without the need to aim whatsoever. :D

Everytime you open your mouth you let the world know that little bit more each time that you Sir are a complete idiot. Please, for the sake of everyone elses entertainment, keep talking.

Come back when you're a team player and understand the difference between kill stealing and making sure your team wins the match. Which will probably be when you reach adulthood in about 10 years most likely judging by your immaturity.

SIR BIGGLES 520
09-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Down=Down and Kill=kill. The only time a Down=kill is if anybody your playing with goes by the unwritten honor code. Which is not a whole lot of people

Unreal Havoc
09-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Down=Down and Kill=kill. The only time a Down=kill is if anybody your playing with goes by the unwritten honor code. Which is not a whole lot of people

I think your sig from Cliffy B sums it up just about perfectly.

I know. You'd think it's like a teamgame or something.

SIR BIGGLES 520
09-22-2011, 03:22 AM
I think your sig from Cliffy B sums it up just about perfectly.
I wish I could find that thread again lol it was a good one

GRAE SKYZ
09-22-2011, 03:38 AM
Hey, goodluck with this, buddy!

IWillFight4Food
09-22-2011, 03:40 AM
I understand why you are mad, but the points are all that matters. So as long as it is your down you will still get points.

And the SO can be OP at times, but for the most part it is a balanced weapon.