PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Lack of Locust?

Zaulik
09-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Am I the only one that got bored of seeing Palace Guards? I know they are bad ass but where were the Bolters and cyclops, etc? I saw a few Grenediers, a fair amount of therons. I don't remember seeing a single locust miner either?

Also, not a single normal Berserker in campaign? I kept waiting to see it happen, but no :(

And Kantus, i just don't feel like there was enough of them :p

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not. I love the game to death, I just wish there were more variety of enemies over all. I feel like after the savage locust part, (which was like Act 2?) All i fought was Palace guards. And I felt like all the really exciting fights were from a higher view point. Like after your barge crashes outside Anvil Gate, you stand on the platform over looking the battlefield and just shoot down at everything for like 15min. I would have much preferred to be on ground level with them and feel that sense of approaching danger as the locust loomed in on me. But instead i felt like I was on the side lines. :p

Zaulik
09-21-2011, 02:38 AM
No one? I really wanna know if I'm the only one who feels this way :eek:

Imm0rtalEssence
09-21-2011, 03:10 AM
i get where ur coming from. I felt that there were too many palace guards for my liking as well. Like you though im not complaining cause i also love the game. But keep in mind they're queen myrrahs guards so thats why u see more of them as opposed to
savage locust and what not

KloHunt3r
09-21-2011, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I know before the game came out I was disappointed to hear that Queen's Guards weren't playable characters. But after playing through the campaign, I honestly don't care to see another one.

Also:

THERE'S NO MORE PALACE, WHY ARE THEY CALLED PALACE GUARDS?

Zaulik
09-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I know before the game came out I was disappointed to hear that Queen's Guards weren't playable characters. But after playing through the campaign, I honestly don't care to see another one.

Also:

THERE'S NO MORE PALACE, WHY ARE THEY CALLED PALACE GUARDS?

lol, I think Delta calls them the Queens guard in campaign. Not sure though.

VGD Carmine
09-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Yea, the whole thing was nothing but Lambent and Palace Guards. Definitely needed more Locust

AdamantiumPride
09-21-2011, 06:04 AM
i kinda got tired of fighting all of the queens guard during the last act.

culver69
09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
The only beserker I can recall is the glowing one that you had to shot in the stomach.

TEARO
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I kinda agree with you.. I find it much more fun to fight Locust than Lambent.. Them damn drudges..

rusticangelic
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
well we did keep saying that we wanted to see more of the Palace Guards...

So we got 'em

Plus how frustrating was those armoured Kanti every time I encountered them I had no frags..

Sanjeev
09-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Like nashty said, it probably pertains to the fiction, which I really love.

If it fits within the fiction, I prefer that route, instead of squeezing it in just for the sake of gameplay.

Same reason I loved the fact that boomers and the other boss locust were just mixed in seamlessly with the other Locust forces, instead of being a big deal.

lewisnic1
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah I agree.... where the hell are the Cyclops???
Are they even anywhere on the game?????

JessLL
09-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Plus how frustrating was those armoured Kanti every time I encountered them I had no frags..

Oh my god, I feel your pain.

VeNoM[2.0]
09-22-2011, 03:09 PM
all i saw in the dead lands were the default savage grenadier carrying or equipped with every wepaon.didn't see and miner,spotter,or hunter.

Zaulik
09-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah I agree.... where the hell are the Cyclops???
Are they even anywhere on the game?????

They're in horde, that's it. :(

Jaggs
09-22-2011, 04:48 PM
You do encounter the odd snipers etc...

What I do find weird, SPOILER ALERT, is that you do see a lot of different kinds of Locust in the ending cutscene, like Spotters and Drones. Also, in one of the later Acts, you will find a dead drone while there are only Palace Guards around those parts...

I also found it a bit of a bummer that there were only palace guards, savages and Lambent.