PDA

View Full Version : about players who quit early

COG_G3N3R4L
09-18-2011, 06:33 AM
will it be the same punishment like gears 2?
1500 xp penalty?
they should make it more than that and what about killing an employee if we're from europe, we'll not be able to play against americans? or am i wrong?

iDrama360
09-18-2011, 07:06 AM
i'm guessing you mean the Lambency achievement? It's an infection achievement so whoever kills someone who has it, they get it as well and loads of people have it already. You'll probably get it on your first kill online.

CharlieSpleen
09-18-2011, 11:19 AM
If you quit early the penalty is 4,500 xp and all your kills go to zero and 1 death is added to your total death count.

So if someone went 2 kills - 12 deaths and then decided to quit they would get a penalty of 4,500 xp and their k/d for that match would be 0 kills and 13 deaths.

the UPS guy
09-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Damn, that's harsh.

CodeNameNickG
09-18-2011, 11:33 AM
It should be.

Clearly Balkan
09-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Good to hear that. It should be even harsher.

AHal
09-18-2011, 12:28 PM
You also get all of your deaths counted but NO kills counted.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Damn, that's harsh.

I think it's great. Now ppl have to play or face serious statistical consequences. How it should be. Leaving in gears is overboard. Some ppl quit more then they play

Baroni 88
09-18-2011, 01:25 PM
What if you have choppy internet? I live on the perimeter of the at&t service and, every once in awhile, the internet might cut out. Because, personally, I don't ever want to leave a game but my internet doesn't want to cooperate. I really want to keep my disconnects at 0.

Don't get me wrong, I love how they are penalizing quitters in Gears 3. But I don't want to be one of those people because of an unstable internet connection

GSK123
09-18-2011, 01:28 PM
How about even more harsh -3000

Jiraytio
09-18-2011, 01:35 PM
No, you shouldn't make people who quit early pay. What happens if they have a crappy internet, or an emergency. It is not there fault. At least just make it 0 kills and 1 death and not lost exp.

Baroni 88
09-18-2011, 01:40 PM
No, you shouldn't make people who quit early pay. What happens if they have a crappy internet, or an emergency. It is not there fault. At least just make it 0 kills and 1 death and not lost exp.

Well, like I was saying, my internet is unpredictable. Most of the time it will stay connected but, once in awhile, it will disconnect. I want quitters to be penalized but I don't want to be hammered if my internet cuts out.

CharlieSpleen
09-18-2011, 02:07 PM
How about even more harsh -3000

the penalty is -4,500 xp kills drop to zero and 1 death is added to your death total for the match.

CharlieSpleen
09-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, like I was saying, my internet is unpredictable. Most of the time it will stay connected but, once in awhile, it will disconnect. I want quitters to be penalized but I don't want to be hammered if my internet cuts out.

Play public then.

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Why do people quit or quit early:
They are getting dominated
The MP match is too laggy
They are not pinging(gun less powerful+accurate) more than their opponent(gun is more powerful+accurate).
Their shotgun is shooting 3-4 seconds later after pulling the trigger
Their connection keeps shutting off
Someone is cheating, glitching.
They are tired of doing all the work while still losing the MATCH.
No one communicates
They had to go eat dinner
They have a clan match and didn't want to stay in the game they are in now(playing with randoms).
Someone keeps grabbing their fav. weapon.
Game invite(someone just sent and was expecting them).
Power went out.

I'm sure there's more

So many factors and reasons. You can't just say they quit because they are horrible(that just makes you single minded).

Smokeout Slawth
09-18-2011, 02:54 PM
They are not pinging(gun less powerful+accurate) more than their opponent(gun is more powerful+accurate).
No one communicates
They have a clan match and didn't want to stay in the game they are in now(playing with randoms).
Power went out.

I'm sure there's more

So many factors and reasons. You can't just say they quit because they are horrible(that just makes you single minded).
I agree except for grabbing their favorite weapon, thats just rediculous but most likely true. Still, there are so many reasons people quit and you have a good point. I do think people should be penalized, but people who don't deserve it for a couple of reason you listed shouldnt be playing ranked anyway because they know this will happen so it's really on them reguardless of their reason for quitting.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 03:30 PM

ok those situations you mentioned are small compared to the overwealming constant quitting in gears of war games for no other reason then people are either; losing, cant get the weapon before a teammate, or trying to save stats....those are the bulk of the reason. everyone else is colletaral damage...those people ruined it for others because it happens so often. Im PSYCHED that they are doing this.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 03:37 PM
No one communicates
Power went out.

I'm sure there's more

Most of those reasons are arbitrary, we're talking about Gears of War 3 with dedicated servers, that removes 70% of those reasons, if their connection cuts out it's their fault they need to upgrade their net or just deal with it, it comes down to no ones fault but your own. As far as losing or feeling like they are doing all the work, then don't play alone or don't play competitive, I play ALL THE TIME in Gears of war alone and get terrible team mates, laggy games and I complain when I get killed but I NEVER leave the games due to any reasons you listed. People need to stop ruining the experience for everyone else based on silly excuses. You can't justify being a jackass with stupidity.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Most of those reasons are arbitrary, we're talking about Gears of War 3 with dedicated servers, that removes 70% of those reasons, if their connection cuts out it's their fault they need to upgrade their net or just deal with it, it comes down to no ones fault but your own. As far as losing or feeling like they are doing all the work, then don't play alone or don't play competitive, I play ALL THE TIME in Gears of war alone and get terrible team mates, laggy games and I complain when I get killed but I NEVER leave the games due to any reasons you listed. People need to stop ruining the experience for everyone else based on silly excuses. You can't justify being a jackass with stupidity.

Are you gonna pay for everyone with internet issues to resolve them? If not, then I suggest you stfu.

I believe that those penalties are more extreme than GOW2 penalties. Almost to the point where Online Play is only gonna be about boosting. If you take that away from players everytime they quit, we're gonna see more boosters and lagswitchers than ever before. IMHO, penalizing them to that severity is insane. WHAT IF one of those circumstances occur, let's say, I'm playing a quick match before I'm off to work, but it's dragging out so long that I just cannot afford to sit at my console any longer and I have to do what I have to do to pay bills, the same thing that bought my copy of this game in the first place... I'm gonna lose stats for THAT? Where's the love Epic?

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 03:58 PM

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/awsome/grand/full_of_win.jpg

Are you gonna pay for everyone with internet issues to resolve them? If not, then I suggest you stfu.

I believe that those penalties are more extreme than GOW2 penalties. Almost to the point where Online Play is only gonna be about boosting. If you take that away from players everytime they quit, we're gonna see more boosters and lagswitchers than ever before. IMHO, penalizing them to that severity is insane. WHAT IF one of those circumstances occur, let's say, I'm playing a quick match before I'm off to work, but it's dragging out so long that I just cannot afford to sit at my console any longer and I have to do what I have to do to pay bills, the same thing that bought my copy of this game in the first place... I'm gonna lose stats for THAT? Where's the love Epic?

no love for quitters ... stop trying to pass off quitting for ppl having internet issues. internet issues are few and far in between. the majority of the ppl that quit are losing, cant pick up weapons or trying to save thier KD

one of the members of my team has a 1.8 doanload speed and .3 upload ... worst intenet ever....i play with him everyday and he never lags out. and thats gears 2...and ppl almost ALWAYS call him host.

Baroni 88
09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Play public then.

Actually, that's a good recommendation. I play social all the time. Ill take your advice on that. I don't care about leaderboards anyway.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM

You realize most internet issues beyond just pure connection are usually because of the router someone uses or just outdated equipment, it all comes back to the owner not properly setting things up, you could easily call your ISP and get step by step instructions on how to fix issues for FREE, but if your talking about purely connection issues, you need to find a better ISP or spend more money, I spend 36.99 a month through comcast to get 24mb down and 5mb up, I never disconnect or lag out, I have all my xboxs wired via ethernet cables under my house and my laptops, ect run wireless, you just have to set things up properly in the first place to avoid internet issues.

The fact that your first sentence demands I should pay everyones internet bill should make me ignore you completely but I'm pretty sure to play on XBL you are supposed to be using broadband internet and if your getting 1mb down and .4mb up THAT IS NOT BROADBAND QUALITY.

As far as you taking a quick game before work, I work too buddy I get up for work everyday at 6:30 and am in the road by 6:50, it's called responsibility I don't play before work because I don't have time I wait until I get home, eat dinner, ect to enjoy video games. If you are getting a game in quickly you need to play a gametype with drop in drop out capabilities or one you know the maximum allotted times for each game so you know the maximum possible time you could be playing before the game is over.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:12 PM
no love for quitters ... stop trying to pass off quitting for ppl having internet issues. internet issues are few and far in between. the majority of the ppl that quit are losing, cant pick up weapons or trying to save thier KD

one of the members of my team has a 1.8 doanload speed and .3 upload ... worst intenet ever....i play with him everyday and he never lags out. and thats gears 2...and ppl almost ALWAYS call him host.

One sentence of my post was about internet issues. I'm more opposed to the penalties because there are VAST reasons as to why a player quits. Maybe they should have it so that if you're losing and you quit, you get penalized. Just something, because this just isn't right. I'd have to put in work to earn 4500 XP. And if I have to get somewhere in a rush, I don't wanna have to do it all over just because I turned my console off in the middle of a match.

I faced that scenario alot, on Black Ops for example, or Madden 12 (got 20% DNF because this guy wanted to keep rushing in the 3rd and trying to stall the clock, i had 10 minutes before I had to BE AT work...)

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:14 PM
You realize most internet issues beyond just pure connection are usually because of the router someone uses or just outdated equipment, it all comes back to the owner not properly setting things up, you could easily call your ISP and get step by step instructions on how to fix issues for FREE, but if your talking about purely connection issues, you need to find a better ISP or spend more money, I spend 36.99 a month through comcast to get 24mb down and 5mb up, I never disconnect or lag out, I have all my xboxs wired via ethernet cables under my house and my laptops, ect run wireless, you just have to set things up properly in the first place to avoid internet issues.

The fact that your first sentence demands I should pay everyones internet bill should make me ignore you completely but I'm pretty sure to play on XBL you are supposed to be using broadband internet and if your getting 1mb down and .4mb up THAT IS NOT BROADBAND QUALITY.

As far as you taking a quick game before work, I work too buddy I get up for work everyday at 6:30 and am in the road by 6:50, it's called responsibility I don't play before work because I don't have time I wait until I get home, eat dinner, ect to enjoy video games. If you are getting a game in quickly you need to play a gametype with drop in drop out capabilities or one you know the maximum allotted times for each game so you know the maximum possible time you could be playing before the game is over.

I Should play what the hell I feel like playing, because I spent my hard earned money to do so. Who are you to judge? And once again, ONE sentence of my post was about internet issues. That's far from complaining, I was stating a opinion, sir.

I have Comcast, and as crappy as they can be (Mortal Kombat, Madden 12 lag has been confirmed for a majority of Comcast Internet Service Users), I reset my modem/router and I'm good to go, except on those 2 games I've mentioned. So once again, internet isn't my main concern. But for the ones who have that concern, if you aren't going to assist in paying their internet bills throughout this economic crisis called "The Obama-Drama", then kindly stfu about internet issues. kthnxbai.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 04:16 PM
One sentence of my post was about internet issues. I'm more opposed to the penalties because there are VAST reasons as to why a player quits. Maybe they should have it so that if you're losing and you quit, you get penalized. Just something, because this just isn't right. I'd have to put in work to earn 4500 XP. And if I have to get somewhere in a rush, I don't wanna have to do it all over just because I turned my console off in the middle of a match.

I faced that scenario alot, on Black Ops for example, or Madden 12 (got 20% DNF because this guy wanted to keep rushing in the 3rd and trying to stall the clock, i had 10 minutes before I had to BE AT work...)

if you have somewhere to go...you shouldnt start a game...if it is an emergency, well then obviously its more important then the game...either way thats a small percentage of why people leave.

if 1 person has an emergency and 100,000 quit for stats then you have to go with numbers...cant start making rules around the rare case that a random person has an emergency...youll earn the xp back if its that serious.

its a ranked match...ppl shouldnt be able to come and go as they please.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
I Should play what the hell I feel like playing, because I spent my hard earned money to do so. Who are you to judge? And once again, ONE sentence of my post was about internet issues. That's far from complaining, I was stating a opinion, sir.

EXACTLY I paid my hard earned money for the game, internet and xbox live, I start up my xbox put in gears of war, load up a match to see shaunownz on my team and then he says oh crap I have to go to work, bye! Guess what you just ruined my whole game experience for the next 15+ minutes, YOUR wasting my MONEY do you see where this argument doesn't work?

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:20 PM
EXACTLY I paid my hard earned money for the game, internet and xbox live, I start up my xbox put in gears of war, load up a match to see shaunownz on my team and then he says oh crap I have to go to work, bye! Guess what you just ruined my whole game experience for the next 15+ minutes, YOUR wasting my MONEY do you see where this argument doesn't work?

I would see your point if you saw mine. But until then, I'm Ray Charles to the bulls*it.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I would see your point if you saw mine. But until then, I'm Ray Charles to the bulls*it.

Gears of war was set up to play 5 on 5 correct, but by your standards one match should be 3vs5 and the next 2v4, and so on if you don't punish people for ruining the game for others no one would have any fun.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:23 PM
if you have somewhere to go...you shouldnt start a game...if it is an emergency, well then obviously its more important then the game...either way thats a small percentage of why people leave.

if 1 person has an emergency and 100,000 quit for stats then you have to go with numbers...cant start making rules around the rare case that a random person has an emergency...youll earn the xp back if its that serious.

its a ranked match...ppl shouldnt be able to come and go as they please.
In the days of lag switching (and trust me, there will be more in Gears 3) you never quit?

There's not one person responding to this topic right now that can honestly say they've never quit a ranked match, doesn't matter the circumstances, we're not gonna get into that. My point is, stop being a hypocrite. The penalty is unfair and outrageous. Only way I would be able to cope with that, is if it's easy as hell to get XP online. (without boosting).

Jwithouttheua
09-18-2011, 04:24 PM
I mean, if people want to quit, let them. The match will still go on, and you can always look at how many disconnects they have and just laugh. I cannot wait to see all the ridiculous k/d's that have tons of disconnects. I understand if you have a few, that is fine, but watch the kids with hundreds. That truly will be funny

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:25 PM
In the days of lag switching (and trust me, there will be more in Gears 3) you never quit?

There's not one person responding to this topic right now that can honestly say they've never quit a ranked match, doesn't matter the circumstances, we're not gonna get into that. My point is, stop being a hypocrite. The penalty is unfair and outrageous. Only way I would be able to cope with that, is if it's easy as hell to get XP online. (without boosting).
Yes there will be lagswitching on a game where no player in the lobby is host :rolleyes: sorry but you're wrong. You can ping a server but that would just lag you out as well, you can't lag it to only benefit you.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Gears of war was set up to play 5 on 5 correct, but by your standards one match should be 3vs5 and the next 2v4, and so on if you don't punish people for ruining the game for others no one would have any fun.
Putting words into my mouth eh? I don't think it's a punishment. It's an excuse for more people to do the cheap crap and exploit just like in Gears 1 and 2. I've been playing since Day 1, and still play Gears 2. I tell you, the penalties are a joke and a major reason to cause boosting. Watch and see sir, watch and see.

Shockwave IIC
09-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I get the feeling it is more about the XP penalty than 0 Kills +1 Death.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes there will be lagswitching on a game where no player in the lobby is host :rolleyes: sorry but you're wrong. You can ping a server but that would just lag you out as well, you can't lag it to only benefit you.
Hmmm, no host? Do tell, my good sir, do tell. I need to get more info on this since you know so much. My head has been in the Algebra books and with annoying customers, so I wouldn't know.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 04:27 PM
there are VAST reasons as to why a player quits.

i challenge you to pop in your gears of war 1 disk...play it for an hour and tell me how many matches you finish...i have played gears 1 since 06 and the quitting was ridiculous...even now, ive been playing gears 1 for the last 4 days alot...i have not finished A SINGLE MATCH ... i repeat not a SINGLE MATCH without someone quitting.

these ppl do not have emergencies or things to do...they dont even have internet issues...they are mad that you lancer them down...or missed a headshot and actived them down, or picked up sniper before them,...

in gears 2 the xp penalty and the loss that was factored in not being able to save stats changed the quitting dramatically...(all of a sudden no more emergencies or intenet issues hmmm) still ppl found ways around it eg; quitting before the match starts, quitting on host if they are up 1-0 for the auto win...quitting when tied so they dont get a loss

they NEED strict rule on quitting because people ABUSE it...now if you are the FEW ppl that legitemately must go to work or leave for real reasons...im sorry, but your collateral damage because of the other morons in the community that abuse quitting out for every reason but a good one.

you are not the majority. the majority are trying to boost stats or are Raging...period.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I get the feeling it is more about the XP penalty than 0 Kills +1 Death.
With XP comes upgrade/unlockables etc, things to make it more fun. I've never been the kind to worry about my K/D spread, unless I'm with my clan mates, who always push harder in a match.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I refuse to argue. I proved my point, you proved yours. I tip my Stetson to you in a good war of words.
Now, the info on the Servers please?

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
hmmm, no host? Do tell, my good sir, do tell. I need to get more info on this since you know so much. My head has been in the algebra books and with annoying customers, so i wouldn't know.

dedicated servers = no host

Mr Biron
09-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I'll only be playing social and private games so a quitting penalty won't affect me.
The quitting penalty is the exact reason why I won't play ranked. If something comes up so I have to quit,or I lose connection for some reason,then I don't like being punished for it.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:34 PM
dedicated servers = no host -_- My question, in detail, when was this announced that there will be a dedicated server? For the most part, I pre-ordered my game and that's all. As you can see, from my miniscule amount of posts, that I haven't really been reading about all the specs of the game in and out.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:35 PM
I'll only be playing social and private games so a quitting penalty won't affect me.
The quitting penalty is the exact reason why I won't play ranked. If something comes up so I have to quit,or I lose connection for some reason,then I don't like being punished for it.

^this. But, I still love Ranked. :'(

Jwithouttheua
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Sorry to post back-to-back, but slaughter is right. Do not make excuses about something that is completely irrelevant. Gow3 has dedicated servers, if your Internet is trash, (let me take this time to apologize) don't play. That simple. The people who quit out "usually" are the trash kids who get bodied and feel that they bodied the other person. I will be the first to admit that gears 2 isn't the beast we all know and love, but blame tu6 and don't quit out. Man up, take the loss like a man, and like I said early, just look at the disconnects and laugh. I wish they had disconnects due to Internet issues and disconnects due to cry-baby quit outs.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:37 PM
-_- My question, in detail, when was this announced that there will be a dedicated server? For the most part, I pre-ordered my game and that's all. As you can see, from my miniscule amount of posts, that I haven't really been reading about all the specs of the game in and out.
There will be multiple dedicated servers across multiple continents depending on where you live which host the multiplayer games for the players, so no individual players xbox is the "server" which would make it not possible to lagswitch anymore, every multiplayer game that's had lagswitching has been p2p (peer to peer) that's why it's possible, basically one person in every p2p game has host and their xbox/internet connection acts as the host that receives and sends data to EPICS ( what ever companies) data collection server I'm guessing?

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry to post back-to-back, but slaughter is right. Do not make excuses about something that is completely irrelevant. Gow3 has dedicated servers, if your Internet is trash, (let me take this time to apologize) don't play. That simple. The people who quit out "usually" are the trash kids who get bodied and feel that they bodied the other person. I will be the first to admit that gears 2 isn't the beast we all know and love, but blame tu6 and don't quit out. Man up, take the loss like a man, and like I said early, just look at the disconnects and laugh. I wish they had disconnects due to Internet issues and disconnects due to cry-baby quit outs.
Had I known this game had Dedicated Servers from the start when I read this topic, I would probably have never replied. Which is why I asked for confirmation because I didn't know.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:41 PM
There will be multiple dedicated servers across multiple continents depending on where you live which host the multiplayer games for the players, so no individual players xbox is the "server" which would make it not possible to lagswitch anymore, every multiplayer game that's had lagswitching has been p2p (peer to peer) that's why it's possible, basically one person in every p2p game has host and their xbox/internet connection acts as the host that receives and sends data to EPICS ( what ever companies) data collection server I'm guessing?

Send me a friend invite on XBL. I'll be seeing more from you Tuesday morning, if you're not working or anything. And I'll be starting a new clan/group so we can talk more about that over a game of Madden 12, if you're D.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Send me a friend invite on XBL. I'll be seeing more from you Tuesday morning, if you're not working or anything. And I'll be starting a new clan/group so we can talk more about that over a game of Madden 12, if you're D.
Sure, I'm not trying to be a jerk while I'm talking on here, just trying to get my point across so everyone understands.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Sure, I'm not trying to be a jerk while I'm talking on here, just trying to get my point across so everyone understands.
Same here, so it's completely understandable. GT is nVo InfamouzOne

TaoTang
09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Also with 3 rounds in Warzone/Execution at least the games will go by fast so that it will discourage quitting.

Slaughterize
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Same here, so it's completely understandable. GT is nVo InfamouzOne
On the left hand side of the forums under your avatar I can click your gamer ID and add you from there : D.

ShaunOwnz
09-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Anyone want to wrap up these Horde Achievements on Gears 2? GT on Profile.

Jwithouttheua
09-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Fair enough, I will apologize. What is really annoying is hearing people complain about exp. That is easily remedied by playing well. Losing 4500 exp just means you have to put up 1500 ppm for 3 matches(not too hard) don't play if you have time constraints, I never play before work. I drink a glass of tea. The penalty of your deaths counting and not your kill is by far worse. That is what people should be complaining about, but once again that is an easy remedy....just play well.

Black Winging
09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Also with 3 rounds in Warzone/Execution at least the games will go by fast so that it will discourage quitting.

I've seen people quit in 1 round games on Gears 1.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 04:51 PM
I've seen people quit in 1 round games on Gears 1.

yea definately. Ive seen ppl quit before matches start on gears 2. in gears 1 there are TONS of montagers that quit as soon as they see they spawn in a place they cannot obtain the sniper. the quitting is outrageous in gears. this needs to be the way things are.

Desert pengu1n
09-18-2011, 04:51 PM
i like the harsh penalty

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
i like the harsh penalty

IMO the harsher the better.

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
That list was referred to Gears 2 quitters (Gears 3 Sept 20th)
I don't have the game early so I can't justify quitters on there.

Brah, I don't care about my stats.

I'll quit whenever I feel like it. Gears is not a dominating part of my life. Yes, you should head to rank matches if you don't plan on quitting. However, emergencies or connection problems do come up. Who's to say the Servers will be enough to have everyone pinging good? Servers can have difficulties too. I'm sure not everyone will be pinging as good.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 05:02 PM

I'll quit whenever I feel like it. Gears is not a dominating part of my life. Yes, you should head to rank matches if you don't plan on quitting. However, emergencies or connection problems do come up. Who's to say the Servers will be enough to have everyone pinging good? Servers can have difficulties too. I'm sure not everyone will be pinging as good.

cool quit when you feel like it...since you dont care you shouldnt care about the xp you lose and taking on all your deaths plus a suicide and no kills

no one care s if you quit when you feel like it...we just care that you take a harsh penalty for doing it.

deezneezy412
09-18-2011, 05:02 PM
i like it but don't u get booted for inactivity? and is it the same? b/c if there gettin there ass kicked they might just set the controller down.... but i reather have someone quit then someone just stand in the spawn

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 05:04 PM
cool quit when you feel like it...since you dont care you shouldnt care about the xp you lose and taking on all your deaths plus a suicide and no kills

no one care s if you quit when you feel like it...we just care that you take a harsh penalty for doing it.

"no one care s if you quit"

What is this topic for then?

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 05:10 PM
"i like it but don't u get booted for inactivity? and is it the same? b/c if there gettin there ass kicked they might just set the controller down.... but i reather have someone quit then someone just stand in the spawn "

There's no penalty when you get booted?

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 05:15 PM
"no one care s if you quit"

What is this topic for then?

dont paraphrase and try and look smart. noone cares if you quit, its THE PENALTY we care about. get the whole sentence...not half. quit all you want...when you have 900 disc an 0.2 kd and a horrendous negative WL ratio and you cant get past level 25 because of the minus xp...it wont matter to anyone but you...and if it dont matter to you ... thats fine with me.... doesnt change the fact that the penalty will make OTHERS stick it out or pay.

Hash_Ninja
09-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I thought the -1500 pt. deduction in GoW2 was fine.

NFI
09-18-2011, 05:19 PM

Excellent point. I think people are missing what you are trying to say here.

deezneezy412
09-18-2011, 05:21 PM
"i like it but don't u get booted for inactivity? and is it the same? b/c if there gettin there ass kicked they might just set the controller down.... but i reather have someone quit then someone just stand in the spawn "

There's no penalty when you get booted? thats what i was asking

Jwithouttheua
09-18-2011, 05:22 PM

And yet you are on a gears forum... Interesting. You couldn't care less, so let me ask you, what do you play for? The thrill of getting Jessica chobodied?

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 05:32 PM
And yet you are on a gears forum... Interesting. You couldn't care less, so let me ask you, what do you play for? The thrill of getting Jessica chobodied?

I'm here because I'm a fan of the game. I play because I love the franchise.

I don't play to show that I'm better than you or another(I play for fun). I sometimes play competitively but, it has nothing to do with my stats. It's just numbers which may even be inaccurate at times. It all comes down to who is behind the controller when you play against them. My friend who plays the game more than me could get on my account and dominate all of you while having bad stats. It doesn't matter!

No, I don't care about my stats because you can't do anything with them. Will it give me extra maps free?
Will it give me a job? Will it pay my bills? Point proven

Poster_Boy
09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
If I have somewhere better to be, or something comes up, no matter how harsh the penalty is, I'm still going to quit lol. They could reset all of my stats, and my rank for quitting, and I still wouldn't care. I play the game because I enjoy the game-play, not for stats, or rank.

I suppose this harsh of a penalty will help to keep this people who quit to save said stats from doing so, so often.

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 05:40 PM
If I have somewhere better to be, or something comes up, no matter how harsh the penalty is, I'm still going to quit lol. They could reset all of my stats, and my rank for quitting, and I still wouldn't care. I play the game because I enjoy the game-play, not for stats, or rank.

I suppose this harsh of a penalty will help to keep this people who quit to save said stats from doing so, so often.

Too bad there's no Like Button for this ^^^

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Too bad there's no Like Button for this ^^^

this stuff is going over your guys heads. people want to know that stats in the game represent legit stats for ranked matches...the only way to gauge that is to have penalties for people quitting and letting everything count regardless of people leaving. so if you have something to do... go ahead and quit. its not you that everyone is concerned about...its the guy that gets one death and quits because he doesnt want to tarnish his KD...or the host that drops when he sees the team hes playing because he doesnt want a loss...get it? unfortunately ppl leaving because they have a good reason are collateral damage to what the penalties where put in place for. the boosters.

do i think quitting regardless is annoying .. yea... ive never had to quit and im married and work two jobs...im never late for work and I rarely take days off.

MATUREX
09-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Well, the servers should stop most of the quitting. I can't justify those who quit early because of their K/D.

IDeadWork
09-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I can't justify those who quit early because of their K/D.

i understand...but thats the reason why most people quit ... stats.

kekkosweden
09-18-2011, 06:33 PM
so, i pay 30 dollars a month for a ****ty wireless network thats 1 up and 2 down, and thats the only internet im gonna get unless i spend THOUSANDS on building connection pipes to my house.
no, i cant get another isp because the one i have is the only one that can send internet over antennas, i swear to god it sometimes lags when the trees move from the wind.

and to add on the pile of ****, it sometimes wont work properly and i have to restart the router, which disconnects me.
i live in sweden btw and i don't care about my k/d or w/l, as long as the game stays entertaining. which it doesn't if i lose 4,500 xp everytime my internet ****s itself

the UPS guy
09-18-2011, 07:10 PM
You should be able to quit/get disconnected from one game a week without being penalized :B

AKminman
09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
With servers, there should be no legit reason to quit. In Gears 2, sometimes the LAG was SO HORRIBLE that I understand why ppl quit.

Swedish Dante
09-18-2011, 08:21 PM
God! I love the new rules! :D

Jwithouttheua
09-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Obviously stats do not play for you and you can play "bad" and have good stats, but you cannot have legit good stats and consistently play bad. It is not the most accurate depiction of a player's skill because you can have quit out stats but when you are sporting a 0.6 k/d and have played a ton of matches, you are clearly doing something wrong. Stats are not everything but you cannot just completely dismiss them unless they are glitched. Have fun going negative every match.

soap face
09-19-2011, 12:34 AM
If you quit early the penalty is 4,500 xp and all your kills go to zero and 1 death is added to your total death count.

So if someone went 2 kills - 12 deaths and then decided to quit they would get a penalty of 4,500 xp and their k/d for that match would be 0 kills and 13 deaths.

Haha, burn.
I love how they do that, now people will have to take it. :D

Moonbase0ne
09-19-2011, 01:15 AM
I don't mind the penalty at all. I also donot care about my stats or k/d. I play to either kill time or to help my team win. And when I'm killing time and just messing around, I play social.

I only quit when I have to, not when I'm playing a bad match. Heck, make it a compounded EXP point deduction and Neg death stat.

The excuse of your Internet sucks or your baby migh need burbing or your doorbell might ring, how often when you play does this really happen? And, if it happens that often, play Social, where no one cares if you quit 100 games in a row. If your going to start a game in Ranked, atleast make sure youll be able to finish it before you have to run off to work.

And if your only available Internet service sucks that much, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe, play more Social where it doesn't really matter. I think most people playing ranked with randoms(something I rarely, if ever do) would like to be teamed up with people who don't loose their connection or repeatedly quit for whatever reason

lTK 420l
09-19-2011, 02:37 AM
What if you have choppy internet? I live on the perimeter of the at&t service and, every once in awhile, the internet might cut out. Because, personally, I don't ever want to leave a game but my internet doesn't want to cooperate. I really want to keep my disconnects at 0.

Don't get me wrong, I love how they are penalizing quitters in Gears 3. But I don't want to be one of those people because of an unstable internet connection

soryy bro at&t sucks

IDeadWork
09-19-2011, 02:48 AM
i find it funny that people come in here with under-handed excuses as to why this rule should not be.

I absolutely love this rule, im glad epic is recognizing this is a problem

i remember these two kids with similar names flash and dash but spelled dif back in tu5(when ppl quit for stats b/c games didnt count) they would leave if they got a SINGLE death...they both had 12.5 and 13.5 KD ratios and they were completely garbage at the game...if they saw certain players they knew would give them an issue...they would instantly quit before the match even started. basically they spent more time obsessing over how ppl precieved them in the game then they did actually developing some sort of skill in the game. its pathetic.

not to mention all the try hards that drop thier host and quit early and disrupt the game ... its annoying and gives these nerds the sense of winnig when they lose. i want them to feel the loss. face the loss.

DD Flap Slap
09-19-2011, 04:01 AM
May be a stupid question but is this penalty just if you quit from a Ranked game or does it occur in Social aswell?

eVo suicide
09-19-2011, 04:06 AM
Just ranked ^

ben1bob
09-19-2011, 04:37 AM
If you quit early the penalty is 4,500 xp and all your kills go to zero and 1 death is added to your total death count. So if someone went 2 kills - 12 deaths and then decided to quit they would get a penalty of 4,500 xp and their k/d for that match would be 0 kills and 13 deaths. that's pretty good that the penalty is so harsh. in that case they really need to make sure Ranked is 99% dedicated servers.

ALIENWAR3
09-19-2011, 05:16 AM
So what happens then, If you pull the Internet cable ? Can they penalty you for that, considering you lost connection ?

kurtfhouse
09-19-2011, 05:42 AM
I think the penalties are fine. I've quit games usually because I'm teleporting around the map, moving in slow motion or dont have a gun etc.. With dedicated servers this shouldn't be an issue so there shouldnt be any need to quit.

I just hope its not like the beta where I got booted from the lobby 3 times on the trot by the game and given -13500 xp before I even played a game. I played social after that for 2 weeks but it seemed to be fixed for week 3.

HounDOOM
09-19-2011, 05:49 AM
I don't get why people with bad connections are upset over it. I'm sorry, but if you go into ranked matches knowing you could disconnect at literally any point in time then you deserve a massive penalty. Social exists for a reason, go play it if you think you're going to DC. I know that sounds kinda assholeish, but so does chancing the fun of 9 other players for your own.

squiddygamer
09-19-2011, 07:42 AM

ok ok

we will get the gnasher and knee cap em :P

IDeadWork
09-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't get why people with bad connections are upset over it. I'm sorry, but if you go into ranked matches knowing you could disconnect at literally any point in time then you deserve a massive penalty. Social exists for a reason, go play it if you think you're going to DC. I know that sounds kinda assholeish, but so does chancing the fun of 9 other players for your own.

Most ppl that are saying this are using it as some sort of hypothetical reasoning. For the most part they just don't want to get penalized for quitting. Probably because they do it so often.

There are ppl on this forum that are bigtime quitters. Don't let them fool u

xXxHYPN0TIQxXx
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I got the Lambency achievement in my 2nd online match:D

Blades of Grave
09-19-2011, 09:08 PM

Agreed. Can't stand rage quitters.

Lion Zest
09-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm so glad, tired of people quitting on my team or the opposing team because their K/D is all that matters to them

Blades of Grave
09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm so glad, tired of people quitting on my team or the opposing team because their K/D is all that matters to them

Exactly. Even with the the addition of the easily noticeable K/D ratio, I still stand by my old, admittedly simple saying from Gears 1 and 2; "Objective > Life".

Xx JUKE xX
09-19-2011, 09:47 PM
The quit penalty is far to reasonable... Should be more drastic honestly. Now that bad connections and year 2000 netcode are non-issues, quit penalties should be instated for every match. Although, for the fact that some matches may be hosted when servers are down, I think that the penalty should be revoked whenever they are. This game plays pretty much the same as Gears 2, at least when the servers are down, so there's no way I'm staying in a match just to put up with BS I dealt with for years on Gears 2. I could care less if there is a penalty or not, having fun > staying in a laggy match.

On that note, I had 0 quits throughout the beta, even when the servers were down, it was still a little playable, plus I was just enjoying the new game. I plan to do the same when I pickup the game, but I'm sure as hell not going to hesitate for my impressive non-quitting record when the game is laggy and one guy in particular is dominating.

Hate on G
09-19-2011, 11:37 PM

Then public is for you, where no xp will be lossed for quitting

Lionkilla
09-20-2011, 02:01 AM
It should be harsh, i'm sick of playing computers because you kids quit when you get killed

SoCalDave
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Agreed. Can't stand rage quitters.

I used to see it all of the time in Streetfighter IV Online....hilarious , especially with hate mail attached to it:p

SoCalDave
09-21-2011, 12:49 PM
ok ok

we will get the gnasher and knee cap em :P

In one my first matches I accidentally backed out of a game trying to send a message to a friend ...when I started up the next match I was hammered with a loss of points etc......lesson learned:)