PDA

View Full Version : No Beta Unlocks

MikeF
09-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Just got the game and am playing it.

I didn't get any of the unlocks from the Beta? even though I have the save file on my HDD

Is this not live yet?

IloveGearsandEpic
09-17-2011, 06:32 AM
I think your were meant to wait till TU1

Yuri Baird
09-17-2011, 06:34 AM
lol mike you were meant to wait until the 20th.... :D lmao

MikeF
09-17-2011, 07:35 AM
That was for the VG unlocks wasn't it?

not the Beta unlocks

crimson_omen
09-17-2011, 07:41 AM
yeah ....same here no beta unlocks .... i have gold gnasher skin and veteran gear archivement

but all beta unlocks are not works ... i changed the console and move from one harddrive to another ... thats de point i think .... damn

i have everything on my harddrive but the game dont check it :( that make me sad !!!

Hurricane171
09-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Pretty sure you'll get it with TU1, as it was never read you shouldn't have been cheated out of the skins.

Darleth
09-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Pretty sure you'll get it with TU1, as it was never read you shouldn't have been cheated out of the skins.

Now it would be great if someone would confirm something like that...
I wondered why I didn't get all my Skins from the beta..

I hope people will get their skins after TU1..

crimson_omen
09-17-2011, 08:45 AM
yeah i hope the skins will activate ...a friend of my have all unlocks he have "unlocked" in the beta
...it is very sadly for me because i "unlock" all in the beta

i hope it so much.... :(

Willeth
09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't have my beta unlocks either. I still have the player data on my hard drive, and I definitely unlocked everything. The only things I can think of that may affect this are:

The early access code I got for the beta was from the US (got one that was given out on Twitter), and I'm based in the UK.
I downloaded and played the beta on a different Xbox at one point, but afterwards went back and played on my system. Before the beta ended I checked the list on my system and everything still showed as unlocked.

It's definitely not a global problem either, as I was in a TDM game with someone earlier who was playing with Cole Train. All my other gold and chrome weapon skins unlocked as expected.

M Carmine
09-17-2011, 12:20 PM
That was for the VG unlocks wasn't it?

not the Beta unlocks

It was for both. You might not get your VG unlocks now because you played early.

Bossy
09-17-2011, 01:24 PM
tbh i have not heard a lot about not getting unlocks by playing it early and my pre-orders, like a lot of peoples i imagine will arrive a day early which means ill have to either sit and stare at the case or actually give into temptation and forfeit my unlocks.

that sucks ) :

B3NJEE
09-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Same problem here, got the game early here in the UK this morning and went straight in with my brother to do some co-op campaign. We both unlocked everything in the beta but only he got the unlocks upon pressing start. I've signed in and out on my own but nothing :(

crimson_omen
09-17-2011, 02:16 PM
a friend of my played early too .... he get all the stuff from the beta ... mmmmhhhh crazy

MikeF
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't care about my VG unlocks, but I want my beta unlocks that I am entitled too.

Strange how it is unlocking for some and not others

NiteChylde
09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
It was for both. You might not get your VG unlocks now because you played early.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. People should stop assuming and stick to what's known as facts.

You will find no official statement saying that people who play early won't get certain unlocks. I don't know who started this rumor, but very well done, I must say, as i spreads like a virus and even quicker then the Lambency achievement in GoW3. :p

Did anyone who got the game early take a look at the ingame event calendar? Epic warns us there could be minor hickups and problems before official release as they are still working on setting everything up.

Just wait for TU1 and if all the stuff still doesn't unlock afterwards, THEN you can start complaining.

The lancer king
09-17-2011, 03:45 PM
You should wait until tuesday when the proper release is.

Willeth
09-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again. People should stop assuming and stick to what's known as facts.

You will find no official statement saying that people who play early won't get certain unlocks. I don't know who started this rumor, but very well done, I must say, as i spreads like a virus and even quicker then the Lambency achievement in GoW3. :p

Did anyone who got the game early take a look at the ingame event calendar? Epic warns us there could be minor hickups and problems before official release as they are still working on setting everything up.

Just wait for TU1 and if all the stuff still doesn't unlock afterwards, THEN you can start complaining.
Joe Graf did post in a thread saying that those who play before TU1 won't get any gold guns but the Gnasher from VG, although the other guns will unlock through their other methods. That's the only mention of a TU affecting unlocks by Epic AFAIK.

Desert pengu1n
09-17-2011, 03:51 PM
because the TU isnt live yet

Murduhrous
09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Lol someone always manages to mess up on something.. lol

Undead Paradox
09-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm happy I don't have to deal with any shenanigans with this whole play-before-the-20th business. :p

Ferp
09-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Beta unlocks with TU1.

MikeF
09-17-2011, 05:34 PM
You should wait until tuesday when the proper release is.

Why?

I have a legitimate copy of the game so why should I wait to play it.

MiniPistolTroika
09-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Just got the game and am playing it.

I didn't get any of the unlocks from the Beta? even though I have the save file on my HDD

Is this not live yet?

I got the game yesturday and i have everything

Willeth
09-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Beta unlocks with TU1.
Some people playing right now already have the beta unlocks, as do some people in this thread, and the TU isn't out yet. It's not unlocking for some people, but it looks like it should.

MikeF
09-17-2011, 06:11 PM
that's what is weird, why is it different for some

Yuri Baird
09-17-2011, 06:41 PM
im waiting so im not rushing like mike here :D

CrackaF3tt
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Saw a few people with Thrashball Cole and flamed weapons. I did not recieve my beta unlocks either. Its odd but I only cared for my other gold weapons. Anyone who has the game did you get the weapon skin unlock for the "Dirty Dirty Horde" Achievement in Gears 2?

AHal
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
You will automatically get the beta unlocks with TU1 if you don't have them now. Rod confirmed this. I don't have them either. Hooligunn, CEO of GCON, is also missing his.

Don't panic. TU1 fixes the beta unlocks. Like I said, Rod confirmed this. It's all good.

Willeth
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Great news. Do you remember where you saw it mentioned that TU1 would have the fix?

Darleth
09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Great news. Do you remember where you saw it mentioned that TU1 would have the fix?

bet on twitter or facebook.
Also I wonder: i didnt get Griffin though I had a Code..

Somebody knows if that one bugs a bit too?

AHal
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
The Title Update just went live and I can confirm that all beta and all veteran gear unlocks are working correctly.

Cheers

Willeth
09-17-2011, 10:42 PM
The Title Update just went live and I can confirm that all beta and all veteran gear unlocks are working correctly.

Cheers
Yeah, I got it as well and all my beta unlocks popped appropriately.

CrackaF3tt
09-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Sweet just got the update and got my gold retro. I thought I wasn't suppose to get it? Or was it the beta that unlocked it? Also the Dirty Dirty Horde Achievement unlock finally unlocked sweet!

AHal
09-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Sweet just got the update and got my gold retro. I thought I wasn't suppose to get it? Or was it the beta that unlocked it? Also the Dirty Dirty Horde Achievement unlock finally unlocked sweet!

If you unlocked it in the beta for retail or have the Veteran Gear achievement in Gears of War 2 you will have the Golden Retro.

crimson_omen
09-18-2011, 04:02 AM
You will automatically get the beta unlocks with TU1 if you don't have them now. Rod confirmed this. I don't have them either. Hooligunn, CEO of GCON, is also missing his.

Don't panic. TU1 fixes the beta unlocks. Like I said, Rod confirmed this. It's all good.

In the meantime, go finish that campaign! I played for 12 hours last night and did the campaign on hardcore start to finish. :)

thx alot .... that is the best news today ...and made my day .... hug you ... :)

Darleth
09-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Well, didnt had an update yet....

MikeF
09-18-2011, 04:39 AM
TU1 fixed all my unlocks for me, have them all now. It also corrupted my Save game so I have to start again

AHal
09-18-2011, 04:42 AM
TU1 fixed all my unlocks for me, have them all now. It also corrupted my Save game so I have to start again

You should be able to load the chapter you were on. It only corrupts your checkpoint, so just start on the particular chapter you were on. You don't have to start from the beginning.

Desert pengu1n
09-18-2011, 04:44 AM

Cheers
awesome, cant wait till tommorow to see if my game comes

crimson_omen
09-18-2011, 09:02 AM

an normal gameupdate ? like everytime ? or ingame ...?

bloodot
09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
.. probably 'German version' or regional issue, at least on both of my boxes I did not receive a TU to download when starting the game.

update: just checked again. 'nada' in Germany ... probably should have sticked with the PEGI version like usual ... man, that s***s. I just hope that I 'really' get my (I call them) missing golden weapons from my VG achievement for which I played my ass off during the last week.
Anyone around who played early, has the VG achievement and after the update has 'more' than just the golden Gnasher?

bloodot
09-18-2011, 09:26 AM
@Desert pengu1n: ... did you play early and only had the golden Gnasher before the update and now all four?

update: my mistake. Mixed him up with someone else.

crimson_omen
09-18-2011, 11:08 AM
from GearsVikingRod Fergusson few seconds ago on twitter

Update has been released so you should get your Beta flaming weapons
and it's now safe for Veteran Gears to play to get their gold weapons.

bloodot
09-18-2011, 11:15 AM
... still not available in Germany. Damn it.

james288gto
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
from GearsVikingRod Fergusson few seconds ago on twitter

Update has been released so you should get your Beta flaming weapons
and it's now safe for Veteran Gears to play to get their gold weapons.

This

I got mine after TU1, VG as well safe and sound EPIC

crimson_omen
09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
... still not available in Germany. Damn it.

same here .... :(

Rdysn5
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I got the game yesterday. The Gold Gnasher unlocked for me when I started the game for the first time. Earlier today there was another update which unlocked the other gold weapons for me. However the flaming weapon skins and Cole Train character, which I unlocked in the beta, have not unlocked for me. :( I'm not too bothered about the weapon skins, but I'm butthurt about missing out on Cole Train. I do have Adam Fenix and Commando Dom, but I really wanted to play as Cole Train online. I just know everyone will be playing that skin online. I played in the beta from the day it launched until the day it closed, unlocked all the weapon skins and Cole Train, but I have nothing to show for it :( There is no other way to get Cole Train.

AHal
09-18-2011, 12:15 PM
I got the game yesterday. The Gold Gnasher unlocked for me when I started the game for the first time. Earlier today there was another update which unlocked the other gold weapons for me. However the flaming weapon skins and Cole Train character, which I unlocked in the beta, have not unlocked for me. :( I'm not too bothered about the weapon skins, but I'm butthurt about missing out on Cole Train. I do have Adam Fenix and Commando Dom, but I really wanted to play as Cole Train online. I just know everyone will be playing that skin online. I played in the beta from the day it launched until the day it closed, unlocked all the weapon skins and Cole Train, but I have nothing to show for it :( There is no other way to get Cole Train.

Is your beta game save still on your hard drive? Go to System Settings>Memory>Hard Drive>Gears of War 3 Beta and confirm that your player data file is still there and is for your gamertag.

If it is, you should have gotten them with the title update.

crimson_omen
09-18-2011, 12:15 PM

exactly the same happend to me ... i hope the update comes later today or tommorow .... :(

and yes my beta savegame is still on my harddrive !!! ....i can make a photo there you can see my gamertag !!

pac2500
09-18-2011, 12:22 PM
.. probably 'German version' or regional issue, at least on both of my boxes I did not receive a TU to download when starting the game.

update: just checked again. 'nada' in Germany ... probably should have sticked with the PEGI version like usual ... man, that s***s. I just hope that I 'really' get my (I call them) missing golden weapons from my VG achievement for which I played my ass off during the last week.
Anyone around who played early, has the VG achievement and after the update has 'more' than just the golden Gnasher?

regional "issue"
I didnt got an updater either and have pegi version ;)

crimson_omen
09-18-2011, 01:37 PM
regional "issue"
I didnt got an updater either and have pegi version ;)

i got the "pegi" version too ....

Provocative
09-18-2011, 01:53 PM
That's your punishment for playing Gears 3 early justice has been served.

AHal
09-18-2011, 01:54 PM
That's your punishment for playing Gears 3 early justice has been served.

There is no punishment as nothing wrong was done.

The Title Update fixes all unlocks.

bloodot
09-18-2011, 02:39 PM
... punishment for playing early, not receiving the title update? Yeah, right.

AHal
09-18-2011, 02:40 PM
It is simply not live in Germany yet for an unknown reason. I'd imagine it will be up soon. It seems to be up everywhere else.

BLACKOUT in HDV
09-18-2011, 06:52 PM
It goes live around the worls at different times and different places. Don't fret it will be fixed.

bloodot
09-19-2011, 02:42 AM
... well, still no update.

xICooRsYIx
09-19-2011, 03:01 AM
if i dont get my beta unlocks i will be heated.

I got VIP access to the beta via twitter. That doesnt effect it correct?

-xICooRsIx

AHal
09-19-2011, 03:29 AM
if i dont get my beta unlocks i will be heated.

I got VIP access to the beta via twitter. That doesnt effect it correct?

-xICooRsIx

No, you're fine. As long as you have your beta player data save still on your hard drive there isn't an issue. The title update is live. Don't worry.

Ninja Twin
09-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Got the TU but no beta unlocks yet. I have the save file on my HDD. I hope this is getting fixed as its pretty disappointing.

crimson_omen
09-19-2011, 08:13 AM
no title update for us here in germany ??? not again ... only half things EPIC / MICROSOFT ..... this will be dissapointing .... when it is so ... :(

Wade2193
09-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Title Update popped up this morning when I got Gears 3, so it's live in the UK.

Darleth
09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Still no beta unlocks even after TU1.
Thanks Epic...

Oh and before somebody asks; yes, I still got my BETA Save File.

bloodot
09-20-2011, 03:05 AM
... historical unlocks are only checked once a day when the game starts. Even after TU1 installed. Give it a go 'today', TU1 went live for Germany yesterday, worked for me, got my golden weapons' skins 'today'. Worked even though I dared to play a local round of Horde 'early'.

Darleth
09-20-2011, 06:26 PM
... historical unlocks are only checked once a day when the game starts. Even after TU1 installed. Give it a go 'today', TU1 went live for Germany yesterday, worked for me, got my golden weapons' skins 'today'. Worked even though I dared to play a local round of Horde 'early'.

1 Day later: still no Unlocks. So yeah, thanks again epic

MiniPistolTroika
09-20-2011, 06:31 PM
I still have everything :)

FxkJon
09-20-2011, 07:35 PM
I deleted the beta off of my hard drive a while ago (for storage purposes), and I am not receiving any sort of recognition that I ever played the beta at all. Because of the deletion, will I not get any of my unlocks from the beta?

Gibson
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Also I am freaking sick of people say "that's what you get for playing early."

I BOUGHT THE GAME AT 10 AM PST TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH! That is NOT EARLY. That is the global release date.

And yet for some reason I didn't get the VG unlocks. I got only the golden shotty. Not the other 5 golden weapons.

Hopefully they release a fix for it. Because TU1 did nothing

AlchemySolGod
09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I got my VG but not beta unlocks. I have my TU1 update and my beta save. I'm a little mad I didn't get it from the start. These problems shouldn't be happening imo.

Captain Sabo
09-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I didn't unlock them right away either, or my friend.

On the main menu press start for options, then scroll down to "storage location" then choose wherever your data was saved to (even if there is only one option) then they should unlock, worked for both of us.

AlchemySolGod
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM

On the main menu press start for options, then scroll down to "storage location" then choose wherever your data was saved to (even if there is only one option) then they should unlock, worked for both of us.

didnt work for me, tried everything that people said you should do. And nothing

veyl
09-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I would really like to see an official confirmation on what's going on here. I also took part in the Gears beta and had many unlocked items, now they're all gone and not a word from Epic about the issue. Any mods paying attention to this? Is there going to be any kind of give back for those of us that have lost all that time spent playing the beta? Did I basically buy Bulletstorm for nothing? (the game wasn't that great, fun for awhile, but not great.)

How about some info.

Kuronishen
09-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Tried all of the above fixes, absolutely nothing.

My flaming gnasher is still missing.

Dooberry
09-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Guys,

Try in the game, selecting the datastore as your hdd (or alternate save location) manually. i had the same problem and this fixed it.

Cheers,

Darleth
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Guys,

Try in the game, selecting the datastore as your hdd (or alternate save location) manually. i had the same problem and this fixed it.

Cheers,

What is this supposed to fix?
Its complete bull****. I got my Beta and my beta savefile both on my HDD, and it STILL DOESN'T WORK.
Epic just failed horribly and now they aren't even giving out information about it...

TheRealDeFo
09-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Not sure if this helps Epic, but I do not have any of my Beta unlocks and I should have all of them.

My son plays on the same xbox as me. He signed on before me, and he has some, probably all (not sure if all because I don't know how much of the Beta he played) of the unlocks.

Maybe there is something to this?

Bronxsy
09-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I was unaware we needed to keep the Beta files and I was forced to format my Hard Drive a while ago. If I had of known that then I would of DEFINITELY backed them up!

In my opinion, I can't believe that a gaming company like EPIC Games would rely on the user to save unlock information. If it's not saved on their own servers somewhere so we can all get our unlocks eventually then I highly doubt I will be participating in another EPIC Games beta... :(

reddevil18
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I was unaware we needed to keep the Beta files and I was forced to format my Hard Drive a while ago. If I had of known that then I would of DEFINITELY backed them up!

In my opinion, I can't believe that a gaming company like EPIC Games would rely on the user to save unlock information. If it's not saved on their own servers somewhere so we can all get our unlocks eventually then I highly doubt I will be participating in another EPIC Games beta... :(

Same here, my xbox got the RROD so i couldnt keep that information even if i wanted (replaced a prem xbox with a slim) so couldnt get on the hard drive so gave it away.

Thazgol
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I am likewise having this issue. I transferred my hard drive to my new Xbox and have yet to receive my beta unlocks. I've transferred my license, reselected my HDD...everything.

Soldier N
09-22-2011, 12:01 AM
I am also experiencing the same problems. I can't access any of my Beta unlocks.

After reading through this forum, I realized that the problem might be my Beta save file on my HDD. Apparently that file has become corrupted for some reason. I would like to know if there is a way to recover my data, and/or have access to my Beta unlocks.

I spent a lot of time trying to unlock the Cole Train, and now I have no idea who to feed all of this whole grain to. :(

Astral Wench
09-22-2011, 05:31 AM

This helped me. Thanks!