PDA

View Full Version : Buying Gears Console, what about my beta save info?

BrandonGTR
09-15-2011, 08:38 PM
The Beta info isn't transferable so how would I keep my weapon skins, Cole skin, and Beta medal?

I thought about playing Gears 3 on my old console to create a game save and then transfering that save to the Gears 3 console. Will that work or is there another way?

Nineteenth Hour
09-15-2011, 09:17 PM
your beta file should be transferable. can you show what the problem is?

you should be able to transfer the beta save onto a usb drive and move it to your new console. the only thing is that the beta is tied to the gamertag you used to play in the beta itself. i suggest recovering your gamertag onto your new console first, then transfer the beta files.

Yamahog
09-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I am planning to play on my old console then transfering to the new one.

Undead Paradox
09-15-2011, 10:36 PM
It is transferable. You can get a data transfer cable, which will run you about $20 new, but it's easiest. All you do is hook up your old HDD to the cable, then plug it in and transfer your data signed in as you. Either that, or a USB flash drive will also work. You will have to configure it though - going into your settings will take care of that, although I don't remember how to exactly.

UK_ICEMAN_UK
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
It is transferable. You can get a data transfer cable, which will run you about $20 new, but it's easiest. All you do is hook up your old HDD to the cable, then plug it in and transfer your data signed in as you. Either that, or a USB flash drive will also work. You will have to configure it though - going into your settings will take care of that, although I don't remember how to exactly.

No Data Transfer Cable has been launched yet from slim to slim, if you have an old style xbox then there are transfer cables available to purchase. If you have a slim aleady then you will need to "MOVE" not "COPY" your saved games and avatar/gamerpics unlockables to a USB drive.

You will also need to do a License Transfer awell, here is the link.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

AHal
09-17-2011, 04:39 AM
You don't need to do a license transfer to transfer the beta game save. It's like transferring your campaign game save in Gears 2, for example.

Use a USB stick (format it for Xbox 360 if not already done - does this in the dashboard when you plug it in), copy the player profile save (not the beta/title update) to the USB stick, then copy it to your knew console. No problem. No license transfer is needed as this is NOT a download it's simply a game save.

I Leath3rFace I
09-17-2011, 01:31 PM
You don't need to do a license transfer to transfer the beta game save. It's like transferring your campaign game save in Gears 2, for example.

Use a USB stick (format it for Xbox 360 if not already done - does this in the dashboard when you plug it in), copy the player profile save (not the beta/title update) to the USB stick, then copy it to your knew console. No problem. No license transfer is needed as this is NOT a download it's simply a game save.

thank you so much lol, this was worrying me and now i know the answer lol. thanks again m8.

CHEEZMO619
09-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I got screwed becasue the hdd went bad with ours (son and I) now we roll on the slim but all that work we put in is gone. Wish they could track by who downloaded with the code.

Nosphaer
09-18-2011, 02:55 AM
I am planning to play on my old console then transfering to the new one.

This.

Just do this and you'll be okay, dude.

Ivan The Great
09-18-2011, 05:32 AM
if its slim to slim why not move the hard drive out? and keep the bigger one for future?

Slug Retention
09-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I played the beta on a 360Slim and it had a Hard Drive Failure...It is at the Repair Center Right now...In the mean time I bought
another 360Slim. How will I get the beta stuff back?? Anybody??