PDA

View Full Version : Gears 3 at MLG Raleigh EVENT NOW OVER! :D! Links for those who missed it!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

HandFuL oF sKy
08-26-2011, 09:39 PM
You just don't understand how competitive play works, not saying I do but I have a basic understanding.

Plus as you say it was an exhibition match which showcased two sides of the coin IMO.

I thought that Epic tried to showcase the other side of the coin but were shot down a lot by the NSAN3Z camping. You guys say you want this game to stay on the circuit but I think it's going to end up just like the first 2 games..to much camping and lancering and not enough action thus taking the interest down from Gears3 on MLG. I think Epic would have been better off showcasing this match with Team Epic against Team Epic to sell the game better.

GnasherIsGears
08-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Aww I missed the live stream.

Feel The Noise
08-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Can I at least get a PM??

Convicted Greed
08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Was really nice to see the tweaks on the maps! Great fixes! Nice try epic you went hard on the last match, not quiet good enough though. hahaha

Tesco Jeans
08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I thought that Epic tried to showcase the other side of the coin but were shot down a lot by the NSAN3Z camping. You guys say you want this game to stay on the circuit but I think it's going to end up just like the first 2 games..to much camping and lancering and not enough action thus taking the interest down from Gears3 on MLG. I think Epic would have been better off showcasing this match with Team Epic against Team Epic to sell the game better.
I didn't see that much camping to be honest and I know this was an exhibition match but it seemed fast paced, fun and entertaining. Gears 3 looks great.

Drudgie
08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I missed it. Is there a video where i can see it.

It will be uploaded in a couple of days or monday/tuesday

SKORGE
08-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Ya but seeing that the Epic team has been playing Gears 3 you'd think that they would have more experience.

The guys from Epic don't play competitively. The NSAN3Z's do. They play to win and have been playing competitively with each other for awhile. The Epic team has not. Don't forget, the Epic guys don't exactly have the time to sit and play Gears as much as someone who's a competitive gamer, does.

Drudgie
08-26-2011, 09:46 PM
The guys from Epic don't play competitively. The NSAN3Z's do. They play to win and have been playing competitively with each other for awhile. The Epic team has not. Don't forget, the Epic guys don't exactly have the time to sit and play Gears as much as someone who's a competitive gamer, does.

Competitive Gaming isn't really an occupation most of them still work full time jobs too..

Ghandi92
08-26-2011, 09:46 PM

They have been testing the game day in day out for the last year/

Skyllus vBi
08-26-2011, 09:47 PM

Eh, just a matter of them not going hard when testing with the QA team. As someone who works in QA, I can say they certainly have time to practice if they wanted to apply themselves in that way lol Just you'd be a bit of a douche if you're goin' hard at work against people who really couldn't care less.

Gnashermonster
08-26-2011, 09:47 PM
But we expect team epic to be pure EPIC, after all its there game right
(Not saying there bad players)

xTaStEx CoOkIeS
08-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Competitive Gaming isn't really an occupation most of them still work full time jobs too..

Some competitive gamers job is gaming.

Apachai
08-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Will this be on youtube or something for the people who missed it?

the_suicide_fox
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I like how the NSAN3Z say they will all use HB in the interview, then end up with 2 Lancers and 2 Hb's.

Also, wallbouncing will beat Lancer and HB stopping power, but not a Retro.

xXQBirdXx
I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but from what I saw, no one was using the Retro. My interpretation of this means that the gun is relatively useless, at least in competitive play. Anyone else notice this?

Inferno98
Epic should have rage quit.

Tesco Jeans
08-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Agreed. The Nsanez have been around playing competitively since Gears 1 so they know what they're doing and they play a certain amount of hours per day to train themselves to get better whereas Epic won't. I think the team did very well against actual MLG pros!

Drudgie
I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but from what I saw, no one was using the Retro. My interpretation of this means that the gun is relatively useless, at least in competitive play. Anyone else notice this?

Probably because it is useless at long range.

Also its probably going to be removed from competitive play anyway

Nothin2Flashy
I like the new HUD for execution and prob the same layout for warzone, now I don't need to hit back to see how many enemy's are still alive, I just look top left and can see both enemy and my team, really like that.

also, the new layout for trenches and Thrashball is great, really changes the 2 maps up and will prob fix any spawn issues.

oh, and last note, WOW is the lancer powerful xD it seems stronger than what I remember from beta, and thumbs up on the DBS news. :D seems like they may have fixed all the issues people were upset about with the DBNO problems.

Gnashermonster
Is it just me or do other players see the lancer as a noob weapon??

Tesco Jeans
08-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Will this be on youtube or something for the people who missed it?
MLG will upload it a few days after the event.

R4ining B100d
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM

Not necessarily, They Are not always On the game They do have other Things to do Aswell.

As for MLG Players are on it Most Of the time.

Drudgie
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Is it just me or do other players see the lancer as a noob weapon??

Its both ends of the scale.

A noob can use the lancer.
but a good player will master it (team crossfires/suppression ect..)

the_suicide_fox
08-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Probably because it is useless at long range.

Also its probably going to be removed from competitive play anyway

I don't think they were going to try a new weapon instead of familiars like Lancer and HB. Retro will likely prove useful at a competitive level once they get to using it some.

Gnashermonster
08-26-2011, 09:55 PM
TEAM EPIC wasnt sporting any new skins ;(

DeuCe
08-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Can someone kindly upload the whole stream if possible? Don't want to wait for MLG as they take a few days.

Krisco813
08-26-2011, 09:58 PM
TEAM EPIC wasnt sporting any new skins ;(

they were they had aaron griffin and sam i believe.

xPOORGUYx
08-26-2011, 09:59 PM
they were they had aaron griffin and sam i believe.

im pretty sure he means weapon skins

GEARxHEAD
08-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Can someone kindly upload the whole stream if possible? Don't want to wait for MLG as they take a few days.

Yea that's what I'm waiting for

Ghandi92
Not necessarily, They Are not always On the game They do have other Things to do Aswell.

As for MLG Players are on it Most Of the time.

Nice assumption bro

Please STFU.

Gnashermonster
Griffin and Sam are old news i wanted to see there NEW WEAPON SKIN :)

SKORGE
08-26-2011, 10:02 PM

True, but these guys are still competitive gamers. Unlike the majority of us, when these guys play, they play at a much higher level of gaming. While these guys may work jobs as well, when it comes to gaming, they rack of more points than Team Epic.

They have been testing the game day in day out for the last year/

Testing is much more different than playing competitively. The gist is the same, but at the end of the day, Team Epic are testers. They have to play in order to find out what works and what doesn't. Where as Team NSAN3Z play to win.

Eh, just a matter of them not going hard when testing with the QA team. As someone who works in QA, I can say they certainly have time to practice if they wanted to apply themselves in that way lol Just you'd be a bit of a douche if you're goin' hard at work against people who really couldn't care less.

Hahaha, true. Team Epic was great in the sense that these guys aren't out there trying to win tournaments and the like. They test games and for what its worth, they played pretty well. Also, they would want to show off the game as much as possible, no?

Nah. Just because you make a game, doesn't mean you'll be good at it. Thats why most devs aren't gods at the games they make. Because they spend most of their time making the game rather than playing it.

Agreed. The Nsanez have been around playing competitively since Gears 1 so they know what they're doing and they play a certain amount of hours per day to train themselves to get better whereas Epic won't. I think the team did very well against actual MLG pros!

Exactly.

They play Gears to win, where as Epic had a team that at the end of the day, doesn't go try-hard. The NSAN3Z guys play to get better, where as Epic was playing to show off thier game and enjoy it some more.

Christ, thats a lot of replies. :p

R4ining B100d
08-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice assumption bro

Please STFU.

Haha Quite Immature Are you not

Ghandi92
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Haha Quite Immature Are you not

Did you not see the level of stupidity when you read your post back?

How did you conclude that all MLG Gamers do nothing but play the game?

Unless of course your opinions evolve from stereotypes... Which if they do you're quite the hypocrite calling me immature are you not?

R4ining B100d
08-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I have to be... did you not see the level of stupidity when you read your post back?

How did you conclude that all MLG Gamers do nothing but play the game?

Unless of course your opinions evolve from stereotypes... Which if they do you're quite the hypocrite calling me immature are you not?

Haha Read It again I Said Mostly play games. Mostly and always are completely Two Different Things. So Really your the Hypocrite for taking a Hissy Fit.

Ghandi92
08-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Haha Read It again I Said Mostly play games. Mostly and always are completely Two Different Things. So Really your the Hypocrite for taking a Hissy Fit.

You're not making any coherent sense.

"As for MLG Players are on it Most Of the time."

That's what you said, not what you are claiming to have said in your third post.

Do you know what a hypocrite is?

Spazzumes
08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Stop insulting each other, there really is no reason for it.

Ghandi92
08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Stop insulting each other, there really is no reason for it.

I'll start on you if you're not careful lmao :D

R4ining B100d
08-26-2011, 10:25 PM
You're not making any coherent sense.

"As for MLG Players are on it Most Of the time."

That's what you said, not what you are claiming to have said in your third post.

Do you know what a hypocrite is?

Yes I Know I Said that Thats why they Have more skill because they are on it MOST Of the time and Of course I know what It Is.

Gear
08-26-2011, 10:34 PM
For those who missed the amazing show, go to http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/gears_of_war_3
When you are there, try to rewind it or fast forward it on a grey stream bar at the bottom. It starts at around 3:38:00

Enjoy!

Chesterton
08-26-2011, 10:40 PM
is there anywhere i can watch the matches? i missed the stream because of work

Zarix
08-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Damn, same here.

TroyMcClure
08-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey guys, I thought they did a great job tonight, considering the majority of our time is spent finding bugs so you guys don't have to :)

No matter what team you were rooting for, it was a damn entertaining evening, no one can dispute that! :D

MxcnPro12
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Coudltn see the whole thing but it was cool for the part I've seen. ;)

Gear
08-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Damn, same here.

Try this:

For those who missed the amazing show, go to http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/gears_of_war_3
When you are there, try to rewind it or fast forward it on a grey stream bar at the bottom. It starts at around 3:38:00

Enjoy!

Chesterton
08-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Try this:

Enjoy!

worked! thanks a lot!

Mr shWo
08-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, I thought they did a great job tonight, considering the majority of our time is spent finding bugs so you guys don't have to :)

No matter what team you were rooting for, it was a damn entertaining evening, no one can dispute that! :D

and the crowd ate it up, great success!

Gear
08-26-2011, 10:54 PM

You guys did really well considering the fact that NSAN3Z has been playing competitively for years and their teamfire is ridiculous.

the_suicide_fox
08-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Epic did a great job considering they were up against the top Gears pro team ever.

They may have some cake. :cool:

And I was quite entertained.

Genuine
08-26-2011, 11:01 PM

Starcraft 2, play 12 hours a day. gg

Tremont
08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Execution was the funnest match to watch.

SE4NNNN
08-26-2011, 11:04 PM
At 3:46:30 or so they talk about how the hammerburst headshot damage and active reload damage got nerfed :(

Chesterton
08-26-2011, 11:05 PM
At 3:46:30 or so they talk about how the hammerburst headshot damage and active reload damage got nerfed :(

yeah that made me sad too :(

Chesterton
08-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Also, what headsets were they using? they look really comfortable

the_suicide_fox
08-26-2011, 11:19 PM

This was actually changed during the last week of the beta. Actives' lower damage might be new.

Mr shWo
08-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Execution was the funnest match to watch.

i thought they were all really good

Salvy xxlx
08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Where is the video?

SE4NNNN
08-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Also, what headsets were they using? they look really comfortable

Astro A40's.

Chesterton
08-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Astro A40's.

holy balls those are expensive.

Chappe11e
08-26-2011, 11:47 PM

Expensive and comfortable.

Zarix
08-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Try this:

Enjoy!Thanks Bro!

Flak
08-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Fun times. I was so proud of our guys, they played awesome.

Thanks to the folks at MLG (Kasey, Adam, @Slasher and @MLGSundance) They made the night awesome.

Jotay, Alex, DJ and Richard - You guys are amazing and I'm so proud to work with you.

Quinn and Arctyc - I couldn't hear a freakin thing you were saying. I can't wait to see the replay.

HounDOOM
08-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Fun times. I was so proud of our guys, they played awesome.

Thanks to the folks at MLG (Kasey, Adam, @Slasher and @MLGSundance) They made the night awesome.

Jotay, Alex, DJ and Richard - You guys are amazing and I'm so proud to work with you.

Quinn and Arctyc - I couldn't hear a freakin thing you were saying. I can't wait to see the replay.

Well then maybe you can answer the question Quinn didn't get to finish his answer to :P

"Is there any possibility of a playlist being made that caters to competitive players?"

Flak
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
:rolleyes:

GRAE SKYZ
08-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Well then maybe you can answer the question Quinn didn't get to finish his answer to :P

"Is there any possibility of a playlist being made that caters to competitive players?"

Get outta here with that. :rolleyes:

SKORGE
08-27-2011, 12:35 AM

Woah, is that you Flak?

You seem low-key, almost.

HounDOOM
08-27-2011, 12:48 AM

: rolleyes :

EkremB11
08-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Game 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHej_TFRZHg

Game 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_f3MEs9hk&feature=watch_response

Plug
08-27-2011, 01:31 AM
So they're going to put up a video of it later?

edit: ^ nevermind

$5 an Hour
08-27-2011, 01:59 AM
I whish we could have seen an overhead of Thrashball.

barnabaas
08-27-2011, 02:02 AM
where's the 3rd match?

Silenoz666
08-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Awesome stuff. I appreciate Arctyc bringing up good questions and points through-out the videos. That man never fails to impress me.

Terra D Serph
08-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Hey is there any way to watch it after the fact? I missed it but I usually don't make it anyways. I checked the site and it wants me to pay for this shiz. .___. wtf

That and I tried skipping to a gears 3 part when I found the "stream" and it told me to put in a voucher.

Chappe11e
08-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Hey is there any way to watch it after the fact? I missed it but I usually don't make it anyways. I checked the site and it wants me to pay for this shiz. .___. wtf

That and I tried skipping to a gears 3 part when I found the "stream" and it told me to put in a voucher.

Game 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHej_TFRZHg

Game 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_f3MEs9hk&feature=watch_response

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Terra D Serph
08-27-2011, 05:28 AM
2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Oh sweet thanks :D

Terra D Serph
08-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Grr that was so tease-like. Fudge... now I want to break my Gears 2 disc so I don't have to deal with crappiness for the nest 3 weeks. .___.

GEARS OF WAR 3 !!!
08-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Just think hours ago gears of war 3 was being played ...... only if we could play it :( CANT WAIT !!!!! :D

Gear
08-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Here's the third video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk33JpWHYfs&feature=channel_video_title

OverKill
08-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Here's the third video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk33JpWHYfs&feature=channel_video_title

Quinn still owes us an answer for something......:rolleyes:

7V i c k
08-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Such a funny match. Th3 insan3z were just messing around it was hilarious with the mid game executions.

Drudgie
08-27-2011, 09:09 AM

Can't blame him.

Such a funny match. Th3 insan3z were just messing around it was hilarious with the mid game executions.

Yup xD

S.A.F
08-27-2011, 09:40 AM
was able to watch the stream last night and I enjoyed the gameplay and the look at the revamped maps...Epic didn't do too bad I was actually impressed. I can already see how annoying Trenches will be up top at the One Shot/Mulcher spawn, more than before.

OH NO MY POST COUNT IS 666

Shadow47
08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
I got the thing recorded and part one has just finished uploading for anyone that wants to watch it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2hfBOb9ys

TerrorTwilight
08-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Would this be archived on the MLG site? I want to watch it.

Edit: Just saw Shadows post. Thank you sir!

Edit 2: Trenches looks awesome now. Can't wait to see vid number 3 w/Execution!

Gear Of Silence
08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Much appreciated for the upload. I was able to catch the first match live, but had to leave thereafter.
Thanks!

CooL Criminal
08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Was ****ing awesome to watch, GoW2 competative was a little slow but GoW3 was great.

Shadow47
08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Would this be archived on the MLG site? I want to watch it.

Edit: Just saw Shadows post. Thank you sir!

Edit 2: Trenches looks awesome now. Can't wait to see vid number 3 w/Execution!

ya I got all 3 matches up now if you want to watch them :)

match #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2hfBOb9ys

match #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PenII-Hb5s

match #3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJQ2E-fFLAc

Vevion
08-28-2011, 03:33 AM

I <3 my Astros. :)

Have had them since '09. :D

xzelif
08-28-2011, 05:38 AM
don't mean to be rude but the stream quality was pretty poor

OverKill
08-28-2011, 08:45 PM

premium streams cost you cash, or else no HD

Skyllus vBi
08-28-2011, 11:56 PM

Are you judging off the Youtube vids? All of those are recompressed by whoever screencapped it and posted it. MLG's default quality isnt too bad.

NeroRevolver
08-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Are you judging off the Youtube vids? All of those are recompressed by whoever screencapped it and posted it. MLG's default quality isnt too bad.

The youtube links were very choppy.

The Thrashball and Old Town vid especially.

Trenches match was actually flawless.

Bugz
08-29-2011, 12:24 AM
I really didn't see what was so "MLG" about it. It was just a regular match.

NeroRevolver
08-29-2011, 12:28 AM
I really didn't see what was so "MLG" about it. It was just a regular match.

It was just a sponsored team against Epic.

Weapon spawns seem tournament legal.

GOWREAPER
08-29-2011, 12:33 AM
That was MLG? I don't know it seemed more like a ho hum normal game. The commentator's voice is TERRIBLE!

Nice changes from EPIC though. The game and level designers really added some nice touches to trenches and Trashball. Didn't see much different in old town though. That cave in trenches was an excellent idea.

Skyllus vBi
08-29-2011, 12:36 AM
That was MLG? I don't know it seemed more like a ho hum normal game. The commentator's voice is TERRIBLE!

Nice changes from EPIC though. The game and level designers really added some nice touches to trenches and Trashball. Didn't see much different in old town though. That cave in trenches was an excellent idea.

That's because it was a ho-hum normal game :) Just a showmatch to show off the game - nothing was on the line and they played with default swaps on map. Everyone was just playing to have fun and show what Gears has to offer. One of the commentators was an Epic designer and another was a pro player.

GOWREAPER
08-29-2011, 12:42 AM
That's because it was a ho-hum normal game :) Just a showmatch to show off the game - nothing was on the line and they played with default swaps on map. Everyone was just playing to have fun and show what Gears has to offer. One of the commentators was an Epic designer and another was a pro player.

I know that it was a show match to display the changes that would be in the final copy or at least very very close to that. Yes there was an EPIC commentator I watched it ;)

NeroRevolver
08-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I really want to become apart of a MLG related Gears unit.

Ive got the time to attend tryouts and everything like that.

It's just I have no way of going about doing so. I hate messaging people because I hate getting ignored.

PLUS I dont feel like Gamebattles is the way to go about getting into a NICE clan. Gamebattles isn't run well in my opinion.

Skyllus vBi
08-29-2011, 01:00 AM
I really want to become apart of a MLG related Gears unit.

Ive got the time to attend tryouts and everything like that.

It's just I have no way of going about doing so. I hate messaging people because I hate getting ignored.

PLUS I dont feel like Gamebattles is the way to go about getting into a NICE clan. Gamebattles isn't run well in my opinion.

Fully understand that. I think once the game is out I'm going to make a push here for a teambuilding thread so people can establish teams with other forumers.

It's sounding more and more like there will be some different formats next year, potentially something which is more of a "League Night" type setup. Would be a lot easier to get new people involved that way I think, just having one set night a week teams need to be on.

NeroRevolver
08-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Fully understand that. I think once the game is out I'm going to make a push here for a teambuilding thread so people can establish teams with other forumers.

It's sounding more and more like there will be some different formats next year, potentially something which is more of a "League Night" type setup. Would be a lot easier to get new people involved that way I think, just having one set night a week teams need to be on.

I would fully support this.

I can attend Major in person events too. Im ready to become apart of the competitive scene.

So many loop holes are needed now a days to even get into a nice basic clan that its astonishing. Almost impossible to achieve sometimes, unless you know the person irl and they pull strings.

Almost like finding a job in todays society. Strange--

I really dont feel like being a free agent but you gotta start somewhere and Im willing to work my way up the ladder. Not to sound like Im high on my horse or anything, but I feel like I have the potential to be a great asset?

As Im sure a lot of others feel the same way.

A team gathering topic would be ideal during release.

Because honestly Im tired of playing by myself when no ones on.

I always want to fill in a team slot.

Skyllus vBi
08-29-2011, 01:22 AM

I can attend Major in person events too. Im ready to become apart of the competitive scene.

So many loop holes are needed now a days to even get into a nice basic clan that its astonishing. Almost impossible to achieve sometimes, unless you know the person irl and they pull strings.

I really dont feel like being a free agent but you gotta start somewhere and Im willing to work my way up the ladder. Not to sound like Im high on my horse or anything, but I feel like I have the potential to be a great asset?

Realistically, anyone who can fit a consistent practice schedule is a huge asset. That's the biggest barrier to competitive play, just getting a group that all plays at teh same times regularly.

NeroRevolver
08-29-2011, 01:28 AM
True, meaning realistically it would be better to always find people on the same coast and try to work around the same time zones.

THEN you the process of practicing and seeing if everyone gel's ensues.

A team who knows each others personalities is key in my opinion.

Drunken Ru55ian
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Great, they still havn't fixed the wallbouncing stopping power bug. ****ing hell, after all the grief I gave them about it as well.

Shweatypalms x
08-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Great, they still havn't fixed the wallbouncing stopping power bug. ****ing hell, after all the grief I gave them about it as well.

I'm glad they didn't "fix" that. It was never broken.

WalX
08-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Thx for da link ;)

Fyre
08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
great game ha! Epic had that :P

Drunken Ru55ian
08-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Sorry, It's not a glitch, that doesn't mean it doesn't need fixing. The Shotgun is overpowered enough as it is, when the exploitative little bastards can wallbounce around stopping power, all skill involved with using it goes out the window. Thanks EPIC, way to **** up another game for the people who play it like a real player, and give the n00bs an easier time.

Shweatypalms x
08-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Sorry, It's not a glitch, that doesn't mean it doesn't need fixing. The Shotgun is overpowered enough as it is, when the exploitative little bastards can wallbounce around stopping power, all skill involved with using it goes out the window. Thanks EPIC, way to **** up another game for the people who play it like a real player, and give the n00bs an easier time.

You are kidding me right? What is a "real player" anyway? One who sits and hides in one spot the entire time with a lancer hoping people will push them? Like honestly.

Buginoid
08-30-2011, 04:14 AM

Oh C'mon! Rifle players are real players and gnasher rushers aren't?

Gnasher rushing has been major part of the game since Gears 1. Why should they suddenly change that?

And Gears 3 gives many upgrades to rifleplayers anyway. Rifles are lot stronger now.

Drunken Ru55ian
08-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Just because somethings always been a part of a game, doesn't make it good. The matchmaking and connection has always been ****, that's not a good thing.

Hurricane171
08-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Just because somethings always been a part of a game, doesn't make it good. The matchmaking and connection has always been ****, that's not a good thing.

Yeah, well what exactly is wrong with it? The Gnasher has always been a huge part of gears, and a good player will counter with whatever they have. And dedicated servers will fix the connection issues.

Shweatypalms x
08-30-2011, 10:57 AM

Just because something's always been apart of a game doesn't make it bad either. The reason you can wallbounce through stopping power is for balancing reasons.

Drunken Ru55ian
08-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Balancing my arse, the rerason you can do that is so that those too retarded to flank can be noobs just like the smart ones who are using some skill.

HounDOOM
08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Balancing my arse, the rerason you can do that is so that those too retarded to flank can be noobs just like the smart ones who are using some skill.

5 players
usually 3-4 chokepoints/map

Do the math. Automatically assuming a "flank" would be the "retarded" move.

Or maybe you forgot the part where this is a cover shooter. Cover doesn't just exist for people to plop down on and sit there for as long as possible. Cover exists to help players advance from one section of the map to another.

A player sitting on one piece of cover over the course of a round is definitely making a much more "retarded" use of cover than someone who uses it to advance from one section of the map to another.

G3NOCIDAL
08-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Why do people continuously refer to themselves as either "gnasher user" or "rifle user"...i dont understand that state of mind, you're suppose to use what ever weapon gives you the advantage based on how close you are to the enemy. Who tries to lancer someone down at pointblank range? Who would try to down some one with a shotty from cross map (with the exception of the TU6 shotty)?.

Chappe11e
09-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Why do people continuously refer to themselves as either "gnasher user" or "rifle user"...i dont understand that state of mind, you're suppose to use what ever weapon gives you the advantage based on how close you are to the enemy. Who tries to lancer someone down at pointblank range? Who would try to down some one with a shotty from cross map (with the exception of the TU6 shotty)?.

It's a percentages type of thing. Saying that one is a Lancer user means that they keep their distance and try to maximize the potential usefulness of their Lancer. That's not saying that they don't use their shotgun when they need to, it's just saying that they would prefer not to use it as much as a Lancer.

Timmy Skorcher
09-02-2011, 05:37 PM

Wow.. somebody that makes perfect sense good post.

Asmo
09-03-2011, 02:48 PM

I'm going to tell you what I've told everyone that's a Free Agent. Simply team with your friends, it the easiest way to have chemistry & keep fighting to a minimum.

Then have atleast one player that will take over the leader position for calling out initial strats & learn the game on a team level together.

B3AR
09-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Real players wallbounce kiddo. Majority of decent players wallbounce. I think you rage about it because you can't pull it off. Rifles can put wallbouncers down easily. Trust me. If you're a good wallbouncer, you can counter a good wallbouncer (even with a rifle). I've done it plenty of times in the beta with the HAMMY. THE HAMMY... NOT THE RETRO, THE HAMMY. My advice. Adapt. Learn to wallbounce decently, then learning how to counter it will come naturally. And btw, this isn't the Halo forums. So be nice...

razrbak312
09-04-2011, 08:15 PM

Look at my signature dude, I'm with you. I hate wallbouncing. If hating people that manipulate the games core mechanics is wrong, I don't want to be right. I don't need to wallbounce at all. I blast away every wallbouncer that comes to me, whether I down them with my hammerburst or just shotgun them, either way I don't let them touch me.

z3n Anub1s
09-05-2011, 09:04 AM

You type of people are the main reason I avoid this forum altogether... It's pretty clear for everyone to see that if Epic followed your ideas of what this game would be like, it would be constantly in cover, hard-aiming with your Lancer... You have 300 more kills with Lancer than you do the Gnasher... How is your idea even feasible? Slows down the game, makes it boring, if wallbouncing didn't exist Lancers would be stupid at anything but close range. You would just have people like you all over the place waiting at choke points... Just learn to aim, it's not hard to shoot them as they move... Lol... Stopping power works just fine if you can aim, they can hardly rush forward with it, duh.

I also laughed pretty hard at the "real player" statement, anyone who doesn't use the game to it's full potential, using what you've been given to win, is either an idiot or doesn't know how to, therefore receiving the title of "noob". You can decide which you are.

razrbak312
09-05-2011, 12:40 PM
You type of people are the main reason I avoid this forum altogether... It's pretty clear for everyone to see that if Epic followed your ideas of what this game would be like, it would be constantly in cover, hard-aiming with your Lancer... You have 300 more kills with Lancer than you do the Gnasher... How is your idea even feasible? Slows down the game, makes it boring, if wallbouncing didn't exist Lancers would be stupid at anything but close range. You would just have people like you all over the place waiting at choke points... Just learn to aim, it's not hard to shoot them as they move... Lol... Stopping power works just fine if you can aim, they can hardly rush forward with it, duh.

I also laughed pretty hard at the "real player" statement, anyone who doesn't use the game to it's full potential, using what you've been given to win, is either an idiot or doesn't know how to, therefore receiving the title of "noob". You can decide which you are.

You should continue to avoid this forum

rykard
09-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey everyone. I'm a little late getting on here but I hope everyone enjoyed the match. I know myself, the rest of Team Epic, and Th3 Nsan3z both had a blast. Now lets see if we can drum up some excitement for a grudge match!

Osok
09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey everyone. I'm a little late getting on here but I hope everyone enjoyed the match. I know myself, the rest of Team Epic, and Th3 Nsan3z both had a blast. Now lets see if we can drum up some excitement for a grudge match!

It was def pretty entertaining. That was my first time watching a full MLG type match and who doesn't love some friendly competition. Feel free to invite me to the next one....I'm no good so stick me on the other team to help team epic get their first win. :eek:

Skyllus vBi
09-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Should seriously try to make an MLG vs Epic match an annual thing :)

Outlawx
09-09-2011, 12:38 PM
You should continue to avoid this forum

Why? He's right about everything. Wallbouncing is easy and it can be just as easy to stop a player doing it. It IS a game mechanic. Not a manipulation. Epic themselves have stated that it's intentional and separates the players. You have to understand that this is Gears of War, and it has a different style than other games. Mid-Long range weapons are just as good now if not better at certain situations. It's all balanced. You just have to adapt to survive or get left behind. Honestly, you are just as right about wallbouncing being "noob" as everyone else is about saying that people who don't do it are. Everyone has a different preference. Stop trying to praise of how the game should play, and just play it. If you say you're as good as you are, then there is no reason to complain.

Anyway, the MLG Raileigh Event was pretty exciting. Wish they had more matches to showcase. Team Epic was getting heated! Definitely a great way to showcase Gears 3 to the MLG community.

z3n Anub1s
09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Should seriously try to make an MLG vs Epic match a monthly thing :)

Fixed.

GetB vs Epic.
zYn vs Epic.
Th3 Nsan3z vs Epic.
Legacy vs Epic.

Weeeeeeeeee, lets go.

Team Epic after a few events Top 16. xD

lLeoN
09-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Very exciting and enjoyable watch! I cant wait till gears is on the circuit so we all can have a blast playing matches against each other. I wanna see an Epic team at every event ;)

541garbage
09-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Real players wallbounce kiddo. Majority of decent players wallbounce. I think you rage about it because you can't pull it off. Rifles can put wallbouncers down easily. Trust me. If you're a good wallbouncer, you can counter a good wallbouncer (even with a rifle). I've done it plenty of times in the beta with the HAMMY. THE HAMMY... NOT THE RETRO, THE HAMMY. My advice. Adapt. Learn to wallbounce decently, then learning how to counter it will come naturally. And btw, this isn't the Halo forums. So be nice...

This. I'm a noob, but "Skilled" players wall bounce..... And are very nice most of the time.:rolleyes:

RozayJ
09-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Actually Wallbounce doesn't mean You're good.I Strafe & barely Wallbounce.Anyways nobody expected a Win from Epic and if they did there is something wrong with them.

TroyMcClure
09-16-2011, 12:07 AM
RAAM n Noodles will be at the Midnight Launch at the East Raleigh Gamestop on Newbern Ave. Stop in and say hi! :D

OverKill
09-16-2011, 02:44 AM
RAAM n Noodles will be at the Midnight Launch at the East Raleigh Gamestop on Newbern Ave. Stop in and say hi! :D

cool

is anyone making the trip to Toronto this weekend?

i got the chance to meet Lee Perry and Cliff during events for Gears 2 and it's always nice to chat with the dev team

side note: i still like watching these MLG exhibition matches

Pandorasaurus
10-01-2011, 10:46 AM
RAAM n Noodles might be the best gamertag haha