PDA

View Full Version : Give us an MP Demo!

KILL3R FURBY
07-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Who else here is tired of waiting for the final release? I say, when the game goes gold (any day now), put out a Gears 3 MP demo. It can be the same weapons/maps/skins as the beta, and it doesn't need any additions-it doesn't even need some in-game unlock. Just copypasta the beta, slap a different front-end on it, and let us tear each other apart! Please Epic, do it for the fans, we're dying here.

Post if you want it too, we need all the voices possible for Epic to see this.

EDIT: Before you post your comment without hindsight, I would like to refer you to my page 5 post. If you're not here to troll, you'll understand why.

Also, this is HYPOTHETICAL. Before you say it can't be done, or that it already was, I just want to see what you would prefer, HYPOTHETICALLY.

KBM bluejay
07-24-2011, 10:30 PM
they did, it was called the beta and lasted for around a month.

Jester89
07-24-2011, 10:33 PM
One thing you forgot to add, Horde Mode 2.0. That is what I want more than the stinking MP demo and I was part of the proud to play the beta.

KBM bluejay
07-24-2011, 10:35 PM
One thing you forgot to add, Horde Mode 2.0. That is what I want more than the stinking MP demo and I was part of the proud to play the beta.

what I'm suprised about is that epic doesn't have a campaign demo, it's just strange that they wouldn't have demos for their campaigns that's all.

oh yeah and beta was dull and boring, alot better then the previous gears games but nonetheless dull and boring.

KILL3R FURBY
07-24-2011, 10:41 PM

I thought it was fun but yeah, I had that idea a few days ago. Give us something like waves 1-10, with some trinket unlock at the end for the full game.

I don't know that any of this will happen. As it stands, Microsoft is the puppetmaster here. This could just be wishful thinking. But thank you for your input. If you would please, spread this around so it does gain momentum, in which ever direction this goes.

Jester89
07-24-2011, 10:42 PM
what I'm suprised about is that epic doesn't have a campaign demo, it's just strange that they wouldn't have demos for their campaigns that's all.

oh yeah and beta was dull and boring, alot better then the previous gears games but nonetheless dull and boring.

Thats cuz there was only 3 maps. But im sure the Horde mode demo will kick off better than the beta itself. As well as the reason for no Campaign demo is cuz experience will be spoiled. I prefer to be surprised by the campaign itself. I dont want to expect what will happen. I want it to happen by scaring me

E.P.I.C. Lizard
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Final production phases, nothing is coming out till Sept 20. Beta lasted a month, long enough to get a feel for what needed to be tweaked so there wasn't a repeat of gears 2. And it sure as hell wasn't boring!!!

KBM bluejay
07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Thats cuz there was only 3 maps. But im sure the Horde mode demo will kick off better than the beta itself. As well as the reason for no Campaign demo is cuz experience will be spoiled. I prefer to be surprised by the campaign itself. I dont want to expect what will happen. I want it to happen by scaring me

well they've already showed clips of the campaign anyway, I'm just saying they should maybe put that up as the demo instead.

Jester89
07-24-2011, 10:51 PM
well they've already showed clips of the campaign anyway, I'm just saying they should maybe put that up as the demo instead.

But see the problem with campaign demo is it doesnt help them fix the game. Horde demo sure does by telling them the cover doesnt work, or the lambent fired continously with no end. Things like that. Sure the campaign might fix errors but not much. Just like Jimmy Fallon found the glitch in the campaign lol

E.P.I.C. Lizard
07-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Nah, mp and campaign use same mechanics, no need to test them out.

Gnasher Masher
07-24-2011, 10:56 PM
all the severs have been moved to the full game, even with 10 billion supporters, it would never happen, sorry, welcome to the forums :D

itz LWM
07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I would like one, but it wont happen.

Puck
07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
They already gave us the beta. Besides, it is too close to launch now to start anything new. we're just going to have to be patient

Total Eclipse
07-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Wouldn't that defeat its purpose of our wait and excitement? :D

KBM bluejay
07-24-2011, 11:06 PM
But see the problem with campaign demo is it doesnt help them fix the game. Horde demo sure does by telling them the cover doesnt work, or the lambent fired continously with no end. Things like that. Sure the campaign might fix errors but not much. Just like Jimmy Fallon found the glitch in the campaign lol

Nah, mp and campaign use same mechanics, no need to test them out.

what are you saying about testing it for glitches?

I just want epic to release a campaign demo (like every other game company does) so I can enjoy the game before release, that's all.

I can see the reason why they wouldn't give us horde,beast, or MP demos but campaign demos are sort great for everygame and usually just make the game craved that much more.

KILL3R FURBY
07-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Wouldn't that defeat its purpose of our wait and excitement? :D

Not necessarily. It'll give us something other than old beta videos to tide us over until the full thing.

Atomebendr
07-24-2011, 11:08 PM
If you waited this long you can wait another 2 months.

E.P.I.C. Lizard
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
They already gave us the beta. Besides, it is too close to launch now to start anything new. we're just going to have to be patient

this pretty much sums it up. Although I do see what you are talking about with the glitches bluejay.

Lambent Veteran
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I say just stop complaining and wait the fifty something days. :)

KILL3R FURBY
07-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Fair enough Lambent. If I had wanted to see this happen, I should've said something earlier. I'd still like to see it though. =)

KILL3R FURBY
07-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Well what about this: they give us something small, almost pointless, as a marketing promo, like Duty Calls? Just something interactive to keep us interested and pull in more buyers. It worked with Bulletstorm.

GearsGator
07-24-2011, 11:29 PM

End of discussion. lol.

KBM bluejay
07-24-2011, 11:36 PM
End of discussion. lol.

if only....

Terra D Serph
07-24-2011, 11:40 PM

My hand unsheathing my sword and slashing you to bits says otherwise.

Seriously though, I'm getting pissed at Gears 2 more every day. Thank god I have only 31 levels to go. Hopefully it won't be a painful 30 levels...

KBM bluejay
07-24-2011, 11:42 PM

Seriously though, I'm getting pissed at Gears 2 more every day. Thank god I have only 31 levels to go. Hopefully it won't be a painful 30 levels...

once you get to level 81 you're half way there, in fact it takes around 7 millions experience points I believe to get to level 100 so you'll probably not enjoy the experience :)

Luigi649
07-24-2011, 11:44 PM
well we had the beta and with so many corrupted saved games i can tell that failed. Since we had the beta you cant really go in fresh and i skipped about a week or 2 of the beta to play my better games.

rcs92
07-24-2011, 11:45 PM

this. x10000

mmartina
07-24-2011, 11:46 PM
it's only less then 2 months away you can wait a little longer

Tesco Jeans
07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
They already had a beta which lasted a month and they're hard at work making the final changes to the game based on our feedback from the Beta. They're in the final stages of production right now and which just under 2 months until the game's release, why would they release a MP demo?

Atomebendr
07-24-2011, 11:49 PM

My level 78 paladin twin saber with mage orogo crystal equipped says otherwise to your otherwise comment.

And dude, you're less than 1/3 of the way there.

Yeah.

GearsGator
07-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Those trying to get wings should stay optimistic. And worse comes to worse, just start playing Gears 3 without your wings for Gears 2. Unless there is some extremely rare/amazing item you get on Gears 3 by having the veteran gear achievement, etc. I say just have fun and play a bunch on special XP weekends. =)

DR3AMxCATCHER
07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I rather just go in fresh and remember the beta.

IloveGearsandEpic
07-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Whats the point now? WERE GETTING CLOSER!!! :D

E.Carmine
07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
How about they just start handing out g3-copies for three then? And each tenth copy comes with a family bucket of fried chicken.

/sarcasm

I love fried chicken :)

DeanOMiite
07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
While I would absolutely love to be playing Gears of War 3 right now, it's completely unrealistic to ask for. The release date is September 20th and there isn't anything we can do about it except be patient. "Because we want it" is unfortunately not a good enough reason for Epic to give this to us.

PureFunkayy
07-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Who else here is tired of waiting for the final release? I say, when the game goes gold (any day now), put out a Gears 3 MP demo. It can be the same weapons/maps/skins as the beta, and it doesn't need any additions-it doesn't even need some in-game unlock. Just copypasta the beta, slap a different front-end on it, and let us tear each other apart! Please Epic, do it for the fans, we're dying here.

Remember the Beta?

The Boltok Mage
07-25-2011, 11:27 AM
We had a beta! I'm more than grateful for that...

(Although, what would it REALLY hurt if they just left it open for us while they fix things? :p)

Khasim
07-25-2011, 11:30 AM
It's not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind it even if it only had one mode on one map and one character per race. It'd still be better than Gears 2.

TAO Devil
07-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I know! Wouldn't it be awesome if Gears 3 had some sort of Multiplayer beta or something??? :rolleyes:

The Boltok Mage
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
It's not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind it even if it only had one mode on one map and one character per race. It'd still be better than Gears 2.

holla that.

Drudgie
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Eh no......

antatemo
07-25-2011, 11:36 AM
i want the game not another beta/demo of it

Coleyman
07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Some people are never please, are they? :rolleyes:

wujachi
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM

less then 2 months, think positive ;)

CharlieSpleen
07-25-2011, 02:21 PM
The game is coming out soon. What would be the point of wasting money and manpower on creating a demo? We already had a beta.

Just put your pants back on and wait patiently like the rest of us. The forums help, you could play Gears 1 or 2, or do other stuff to occupy your time.

II EVOL ONE II
07-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Never happen but it always good to dream :) I would be EPIC but I think they've already done enough for us..

KILL3R FURBY
07-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Alright, the general consensus is boo-****ing-hoo, wait for the full thing. I get that. And I DO remember the beta. I got into it with Bulletstorm. But think of it this way:

If not for the fact that only a few of us (apparently) want more time with the game befre it comes out, then it (whatever IT is) could be a chance for people new to Gears to try the game before they make the decision to jump in. As it stands, the only real Newbie-friendly feature is the casual mode in mp, which goes away after 10 kills and countless deaths.

I get that you guys are saying no. It was just an idea that a few of my friends and I had. You guys don't need to be assholes about it.

TAO Devil
07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Alright, the general consensus is boo-****ing-hoo, wait for the full thing. I get that. And I DO remember the beta. I got into it with Bulletstorm. But think of it this way:

If not for the fact that only a few of us (apparently) want more time with the game befre it comes out, then it (whatever IT is) could be a chance for people new to Gears to try the game before they make the decision to jump in. As it stands, the only real Newbie-friendly feature is the casual mode in mp, which goes away after 10 kills and countless deaths.

I get that you guys are saying no. It was just an idea that a few of my friends and I had. You guys don't need to be assholes about it.
It can't be done. That's the message we are trying to portray.

KILL3R FURBY
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
It can't be done. That's the message we are trying to portray.

It can be done, it's just that everyone here (yes, contrary to popular belief, including myself) knows that it won't.

As you don't know me personally, let me sum this topic up: I had a bull**** wishful-thinking idea, which makes up 95% of the ideas that I do have. Does anyone care? No. Do I? No. Will they eventually be copied in some way, shape, or form, and implememted successfully? Absolutely. Will the copier get credit? Yes. Will the copier know that they were not the first ones to have that idea? Not necessarily.

There. That good enough?

TAO Devil
07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
It can be done, it's just that everyone here (yes, contrary to popular belief, including myself) knows that it won't.

As you don't know me personally, let me sum this topic up: I had a bull**** wishful-thinking idea, which makes up 95% of the ideas that I do have. Does anyone care? No. Do I? No. Will they eventually be copied in some way, shape, or form, and implememted successfully? Absolutely. Will the copier get credit? Yes. Will the copier know that they were not the first ones to have that idea? Not necessarily.

There. That good enough?
actually it can't.

The servers have already been set to the retail game and the beta files have all been deleted. The maps are being reworked for the retail game as are weapon alterations.

MS also would not allow it to re-open, and if they did, the certification process would probably take it until launch anyway.

xICooRsYIx
07-25-2011, 03:16 PM
No No No No No.

Let the anticipation eat at us a little longer :D

-xICooRsYIx

rebelboy
07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
what are you saying about testing it for glitches?

I just want epic to release a campaign demo (like every other game company does) so I can enjoy the game before release, that's all.

I can see the reason why they wouldn't give us horde,beast, or MP demos but campaign demos are sort great for everygame and usually just make the game craved that much more.I agree, they even had a demo for Bulletstorm.

Peeblo
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein!!! D:<

KILL3R FURBY
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
actually it can't.

The servers have already been set to the retail game and the beta files have all been deleted. The maps are being reworked for the retail game as are weapon alterations.

MS also would not allow it to re-open, and if they did, the certification process would probably take it until launch anyway.

At this point I'm talking about any sort of demo/small insignificant thing that they feel generous enough to put out. I couldn't care less about the mp aspect at this point. I'm just tired of watching the same Gears3 vids on youtube over and over, waiting for the game. I'd like to get my hands on some gameplay in between now and when the full thing comes out. I'd be satisfied just by playing a floor demo like at sdcc, once, but as I probably will never get the chance to go to that kind of event, I'm stuck here, *****ing to you people, who obviously don't care.

Craigums
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
it was called the beta?

KILL3R FURBY
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
@Craigums: again, let me refer you to my first page 5 post.

DeanOMiite
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM

There. That good enough?

I think Tao is just trying to let you know that it won't happen, even if you already know that it won't. And forgive me if this sounds sarcastic, I'm certainly not trying to get snappy with you or anything, but I think that every single player on these forums would be stoked if they heard the game was going to release early or if there was going to be a Beta 2.0 so we could all get some more time in with an absolutely amazing game, but at the same time everybody also knows that it won't happen so nobody runs with an idea like this and, like myself, just say "no way, we might as well not even think about it or discuss it." To me it's kinda like saying, "Man, I wish Christmas was tomorrow!" or "Why can't my vacation be THIS week instead of next week!" even though no amount of wishful thinking will that happen.

Also...forgive me if I'm mistaken but...are you miffed at the possibility that somebody else might have this idea and get credit for it? There have actually been several threads already of people asking for the beta to be extended or reopened or something like that so...this is not the first of those :)

Again...I'm not trying to degrade you or tease, and I apologize if that is the tone that comes across...as my signature says I am trying to be the "champion of civility" here, meaning that while I disagree with your stance I would like any discussion we have on it to be civil and a simple exchange of ideas :)

TAO Devil
07-25-2011, 03:23 PM
At this point I'm talking about any sort of demo/small insignificant thing that they feel generous enough to put out. I couldn't care less about the mp aspect at this point. I'm just tired of watching the same Gears3 vids on youtube over and over, waiting for the game. I'd like to get my hands on some gameplay in between now and when the full thing comes out. I'd be satisfied just by playing a floor demo like at sdcc, once, but as I probably will never get the chance to go to that kind of event, I'm stuck here, *****ing to you people, who obviously don't care.
same problem. A demo, MP or Horde or Beast or Campaign, would have to be created and then given to MS to authorize.

The other issue, is that Epic is probably not too thrilled with putting out more demo's since the beta was hacked and info was leaked.

GOWKratosCole
07-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I just want something to GOW3 to play! just a 5min campaign clip that's all. something that we've seen so it won't give anything away. We all saw the e3 clip so let's have that little bit.

ZURGI
07-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I would love to have a demo again, but it seems everyone had enough of it? or something?

PadraigWalsh
07-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't mind either way. I would love to see an MP or Campaign demo before it hits stores on September 20, but if it doesn't I won't be too fussed. :)

KILL3R FURBY
07-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I think Tao is just trying to let you know that it won't happen, even if you already know that it won't. And forgive me if this sounds sarcastic, I'm certainly not trying to get snappy with you or anything, but I think that every single player on these forums would be stoked if they heard the game was going to release early or if there was going to be a Beta 2.0 so we could all get some more time in with an absolutely amazing game, but at the same time everybody also knows that it won't happen so nobody runs with an idea like this and, like myself, just say "no way, we might as well not even think about it or discuss it." To me it's kinda like saying, "Man, I wish Christmas was tomorrow!" or "Why can't my vacation be THIS week instead of next week!" even though no amount of wishful thinking will that happen.

Also...forgive me if I'm mistaken but...are you miffed at the possibility that somebody else might have this idea and get credit for it? There have actually been several threads already of people asking for the beta to be extended or reopened or something like that so...this is not the first of those :)

Again...I'm not trying to degrade you or tease, and I apologize if that is the tone that comes across...as my signature says I am trying to be the "champion of civility" here, meaning that while I disagree with your stance I would like any discussion we have on it to be civil and a simple exchange of ideas :)

I thank you for your civility. No, I was not necessarily implying that I'm the first to have THIS idea. Indeed, I know for a fact that I'm not. I just started ranting on the whole idea topic in general. As I am above average in intelligence (I'm not trying to brag, everyone tells me it's true), I have no difficulty inventing things. But it never fails, less than 2 weeks after I initially have the idea, it is already on infomercials, with an overpriced selling point and a 1800 number and everything.

Sorry, that's the other thing about me: if you get me started, I rant.

But enough of that; I just would like to see people's hypothetical opinions, regardless of the practicality of the question. Apparently I didn't make that clear enough in the main post.

TAO Devil
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I thank you for your civility. No, I was not necessarily implying that I'm the first to have THIS idea. Indeed, I know for a fact that I'm not. I just started ranting on the whole idea topic in general. As I am above average in intelligence (I'm not trying to brag, everyone tells me it's true), I have no difficulty inventing things. But it never fails, less than 2 weeks after I initially have the idea, it is already on infomercials, with an overpriced selling point and a 1800 number and everything.

But enough of that; I just would like to see people's hypothetical opinions, regardless of the practicality of the question. Apparently I didn't make that clear enough in the main post.
Hypothetically? I was planning a major heist with another forum member to break into Epic Studios JUST to play one round of MP. Plan fell apart because I'm broke and his mom has a curfew on him.

Flame Theron
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't really matter to me anymore, I traded in my old 360 and now have a reservation towards a Gears 3 console. Hope it's worth it.

KILL3R FURBY
07-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Hypothetically? I was planning a major heist with another forum member to break into Epic Studios JUST to play one round of MP. Plan fell apart because I'm broke and his mom has a curfew on him.

Hahahahahahaha

+1 man.

Thanks for cheering me up.

GordonOfFreeman
07-25-2011, 03:37 PM
I believe that was called... a beta?

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a demo from the campaign, preferably the E3 level with the Lambent Leviathan. That, or a Beast/Horde demo that does 3 waves.

Kmack11
07-25-2011, 03:38 PM

You've only been here for a month and have 1,400 posts. You are so annoying, the beta was amazing. Sure it lacked extra maps and gametypes, but it was a lot more fun than any other shooter out right now. How do I block this kid? I'm getting sick of looking at his posts. He's obviously not a core Gears fan, when he asks for a Prestige system for the ranking.

On Topic: I really wouldn't like to play the beta again. I'd rather them do a Horde beta, would be awesome and loads of fun.

ColeTrain420
07-25-2011, 03:39 PM
the campaign demo the part they keep showing on the ship or horde 2.o waves 1-10 on only one map (OverPass) and i would be good till the full game comes out, just one of the two horde or campaign

diddlyumpcious4
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
You've only been here for a month and have 1,400 posts.

This says everything. I've been here 3 times longer and don't even have 1/3 of that.

Lil hECt0R0
07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I think it would be better to be able to play a campaign demo instead of a multiplayer demo since most of us already tried out the multiplayer.

Professor Chaos
07-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Umm we got an incredible month long beta that even got us in-game content. People getting burned out on a demo=less game longevity. Be patient.

DeanOMiite
07-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Well...I guess if we're taking practicality out of the equation...you bet your a$$ I want to play some more GoW3! But I guess one thing about ME is that I can't just put practicality aside and given that we did have the beta, given the logistical hurdles Epic would have to jump over and the fact that (as Tao said) the beta was hacked and the game was leaked, I just know that it's impossible, so it's hard to dive any further into the topic, ya know? I want to be able to fly, but I'm not waking up tomorrow morning with wings on my back lol

At the same time though, as much as waiting sucks, I'm pretty happy that I won't have had a taste of everything before the game comes out. I mean...if there was a horde demo out right now, I'd be playing it, but at the same time I'm not clamoring for it because I want some stuff to be new when the game releases. That's the same reason I don't want to try beast mode until the game comes out...I want it to be new. And that's also why I'm glad that the beta only had a few maps in it.

Imagine that the beta was everything GoW3 was going to be...MP, beast, horde 2.0, even part of the campaign. Most of us would have played the crap out of it, to a point where, once September 20th comes around, we'll pop in the games and be like "ummm...I've already played this." The game would feel old the second it's out of the package.

So...I guess if you're looking to discuss this topic and get beyond a response of "forget it, it won't happen" then...I guess this is the best I can do haha

Mr shWo
07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
results of polls like this is why the forums cant be taken too seriously, smh

M Carmine
07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Final production phases, nothing is coming out till Sept 20. Beta lasted a month, long enough to get a feel for what needed to be tweaked so there wasn't a repeat of gears 2. And it sure as hell wasn't boring!!!

This .

IMM0R74L
07-25-2011, 06:22 PM
only reason why i voted yes is becuase the beta was entirely fun.

i only raged a little whereas in gears 2 its constant :P

my xbox live friend has the leaked copy but he says its not the same

EDIT: Before you post your comment without hindsight, I would like to refer you to my page 5 post. If you're not here to troll, you'll understand why.

Also, this is HYPOTHETICAL. Before you say it can't be done, or that it already was, I just want to see what you would prefer, HYPOTHETICALLY.

SKORGE
07-25-2011, 06:27 PM

The casual play-list will, I believe, stick around until you get to level ten or so. With that said, it has aim-assist among other things. Meaning, a new player will be ready if not already wanting to get into the full game by level eight or nine.

Having the beta come back would be pointless, no matter how you look at it. Its less than a month away at the least. What would be the point in Epic tarnishing the hype with the beta coming out once more? It would be a bad business move and an awful move in general. I'd rather the full game than a beta. With the full game, at least people won't be burned out come the full game. That's why the beta lasted four weeks, roughly one month and not two or three.

No matter how much you love Gears, you WILL be burned out if all we get to do until the 20th is play a restricted and limited version of the game.

Leigon21
07-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd rather have a horde demo. I just want to play some gears 3 now.

A Lanky Cog
07-25-2011, 07:59 PM
No, one it'll just be time consuming for Epic and 2 even though I'd say I would rather have it now than wait, all-in-all I would definitely wait :)