PDA

View Full Version : "Free FPS Animations"

NYAKOPHARR
06-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Here is a set of First Person Shooter Animations for you all. You will have to cut em up yourself but its free...Enjoy

http://www.4shared.com/file/1KM7vnpm/FPSC_Character_Anims.html

N3M3SIS
06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Nice did u make them ?

NYAKOPHARR
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
yea..sorry i didnt respond sooner but for some reason i couldnt log into my account all day yesterday, something about an Epic Hacker, i dunno

shuriken88
07-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Cool man, are these compatible with BIPED rigs from 3DS Max? Or is it only generic bones, or the UT3 skeleton?

thanks

Edit: NICE, just the file format I was hoping for. Can you tell me how to cut the animations up into seperate files though please? I've never had to do that before so Im completely in the dark right now.

Hmm, I take your a bit of a JUNGLIST then, judging by all the "amen" drumloops you've got on that site. Good man, good man

JmPrsh153
07-01-2011, 05:55 PM
hey how do i access this file because i cant import it and i cant open it either? btw do i have to have a model already in the scene before hand?

NYAKOPHARR
07-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Basically the animations are made with 3DX MAX 2010 so they are in fact BIPED. I did however managed to use them with CAT in 3DS MAX as well. but with any kind of model that has a skeleton you can use BIP animations on it

JmPrsh153
07-03-2011, 10:41 AM
na sorry i mean how do i bring them into 3ds max and on the scene etc.? is it a pair of arms doing different animations?

NYAKOPHARR
07-03-2011, 04:50 PM
its for an entire model already rigged....if you have made a model, rigged him and skinned him, then all you have to do is click on the "Motion" tab and add open the .BIP file.....or if youre using CAT then you can click on a single bone and add the .BIP file...Animating is the most fun but yet the most difficult part of modeling, but if you dont already have a full model skinned and rigged then theres no use in messing with animations

NYAKOPHARR
07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
However, you can just simply add a Biped skeleton to a scene and then add the .BIP file to it through "Motion" to test out and see how animations are running....But be aware that the BIPED mode within the CAT doesnt work at all so you will have to use the HUMAN input there....

shuriken88
07-03-2011, 06:52 PM
But how do you split the animation into seperated sequences? You said "you'll have to cut them up yourself". How do you do that?

NYAKOPHARR
07-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh, ok well....first i hope you know a little about Animation in 3DS MAX 2011 cause thats what im working in...Without actually looking in 3DS MAX though i will tell you that you have to load the animation in first...Next simply find the Start and Finish to each individual anim that you want, IE. anim walking forward start frame 0, ends frame 20...Next i use ActorX to export, simply use that to label you anims individually..I will try and make a video tut on this sometime soon but if you need any more questions hit me up or add me on Skype and ill run you thru it all..my skype ID is mrfantastiq..

shuriken88
07-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks man, I'll try this out tonight. I've got a driving lesson in a bit, then some crap I've got to take care of, but then I'll be good to get on 3DS Max for a while. I've not got a LOT of experience animating in Max, but I know how to use Mocap anims and BIP files etc. I've tried animating my own motions, but it just takes me too long and I get confused by the animation system sometimes, EG I dont know how to "unload" a BIP file if I decide I dont like it. Its just stuck there forever until I replace it with another. Basically I know the simple fundamentals like placing keyframes and loading anims, but thats about it. Thanks I'll defo watch the vid if you make one, but I dont have Skype man, just some old reliable Sony Ericsson with some MP3's on it LOL.