PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to play custom maps in Warzone/Execution?

BrendanL
05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I really want to play some Warzone/Execution on custom maps but it seems that hardly anyone does. If enough people are interested, we could create a list of maps everyone should get (I'm guessing that 22 maps pack would be fine) and host them. If you're interested, add my gamertag Spish0 <- zero.

JUGGERNUT
05-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Live list play sucks man, you're better off hosting a game in player matches. Just pick any map and host it, then when you're in the lobby use the servertravel command in the console:

servertravel NAMEOFTHECUSTOMMAP

However people won't really know what the map name you've gone to is, it seems only Shooter and I have found how to display the custom map name, but we've both been too busy to create a main menu mod. If we knew about this right off the bat 4 years ago, I bet custom maps online would be played on a regular basis.

BrendanL
05-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah it sucks that custom maps aren't played online more often. And about the live list play, I remember reading that you could only host custom maps there and not in Player/Ranked. But I guess that person was wrong so I'll go change the first post.

BrendanL
05-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I guess nobody's interested. Oh well. I'll just play on the regular maps then.

Guardian_legend
05-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Im interested.

BrendanL
05-14-2011, 02:26 PM
That's 2. But I doubt anyone else is interested. The Gears PC community is dead enough as it is with just the original maps. I can barely get into Execution games (even though I prefer Warzone but nobody on PC plays it) and for some reason all the games have friendly fire on which I hate. There's a lot more people online on 360 so I'll most likely be playing that instead.

Guardian_legend
05-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Epic can make possible downloadable maps like ut has. When i host ut other can download maps from me. why gears can't has it, and why we cant change settings in configuration file, like max pocket rate.

TheS19Project
05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Epic can make possible downloadable maps like ut has. When i host ut other can download maps from me. why gears can't has it, and why we cant change settings in configuration file, like max pocket rate.

AllowHTTPDownload is set to false in the .INI file (Then again there wasn't really a need to have this enabled on the Xbox 360 in the first place) and People Can Fly never enabled it. Bad choice on their half. They could have even had it show the name of the custom map as the option is there so that baffles me also.