PDA

View Full Version : Skill shots that just don't seem to work

DEADMAN7978
02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
So far I have only really had two that really gave me fits. Graffitti.... for what ever reason I couldn't for the life me splatter someone against the wall by kicking them. I played all the way to the chapter/act where the demo played thru and then got this in my usual way. Seems like most walls don't work... and for what the bad guys make up for in stature they sure lack in the sack. I can't seem to hit a guy in the nuts with the sniper to save my ass. A few tims I have hit them directly in the crotch and all I get for it in return is a fountain of blood... ... ...from their crotch... .... ... and still no skill shot.

Anyone else with the same problems? Other skill shots seem not to work? Lets get a list going if there are more...

Coltzman777
02-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Graffiti works awesome you have to kick someone more than just one kick i ahve noticed grafitti is kind of boring compared to the other ones.

DEADMAN7978
02-28-2011, 10:46 AM
When it works it's great! Problem is I can beat a guy round like a hacky sack and nothing.... Just seemed like in my play thru's nothing happened more often than not no matter how far from the wall, how many kicks, or angle of approach.

Ares42
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
As already mentioned Graffiti only works if they die from the impact of hitting the wall, so it's sorta of a guessing game of how much you need to damage them first. As for the sniper crotch shot, I had some issues myself, but after enough tries of thumping and sniping people in air I finally got it. It's sorta sad how crappy the sniper is for points though, you either need thumping or some really good skills/luck to consistently get skill shots with it =/

DEADMAN7978
02-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I actually had decent luck point wise w/ the sniper. Charged shots are fun. I think its more or less a hit detection thing...and I am taking into account the amount of recognition targets already have. Lots of fun ways to die in this game.

ll ALEX76 ll
02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I can't get Lucky Shot for s**t :D
rest is easy

DEADMAN7978
02-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Not infront of the game right now...which one is that?

ll ALEX76 ll
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Lucky Shot - Kill an enemy with a cannonball that travelled over 100 metres without bouncing.

DEADMAN7978
02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Ha yeah.... I forsee problems with that one too. Haven't messed around with echoes or anarchy yet but I can't think of somewhere that would work in the campaign.

POLIO v
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
To get Graffiti, I just kick them against a wall, then just keep kicking them till it pops up:D

DEADMAN7978
02-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Hah! Awesome. Worst part is I did that till veins stuck out in my head and my teeth were showing... end result?.....me looking like an ass infront of my wife.

F3N1X
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Shishkebab can be a little annoying. Sometimes I clearly get 2 people on the drill with one shot and I don't get the skillshot.

Shadow Dancer
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
How on Stygia do you get the sniper crotch shot? Every single enemy I fire at immediately runs with their leg in front, and the best I can get is a hip shot. Any tips?

Maybe if I thump him first...

Ha! Got it!
Very helpful guide here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=296872

iParuhlyzed
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I Can't get Mercy or Gag Reflex..

I will shoot them directly in the Groin/Throat and not get them...

I'ts Sorta Frustrating.

DEADMAN7978
03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes the bad guys in this game aren't packin much worth bragging about.

ozwalt
03-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Sniper shot to the balls is easy, use the thumper (where you whip the ground) to get the enemy in the air then just zoom in and shoot, easy peasy.

n8lyons213
03-03-2011, 06:50 AM
I get a lot of headshots that fail to register! I can't seem to hit them in the balls or trip wire them when I try for it, always seems to happen on accident:/

Vancity Gnasher
03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
the only one I have yet to do out of the ones I have unlocked so far is the nade launcher one.

Where it has to go a 100yds w out bouncing? I didnt think it could shoot that far?

jaybot2003
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
You know i would think that 10 headshots on echos or campaigne for a trophy would be easy but i just not happening before the 1st dropbox, :D i must be a weak gamer, but any advice on a weapon or enviorment would be liked

LobotiCasta+ion
03-04-2011, 09:42 PM
You know i would think that 10 headshots on echos or campaigne for a trophy would be easy but i just not happening before the 1st dropbox, :D i must be a weak gamer, but any advice on a weapon or enviorment would be liked

You have to do it in the prologue. The very first part in the campaign.

essentre
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
I can't get Lucky Shot for s**t :D
rest is easy

I was having SUCH trouble with this until I read a post about it.

First, it's not nearly as far as you think it is. Second, just tap the button(RT) to fire off the cannon, don't hold it. You should fire with the site about 3/4 up your screen. If it hits someone you'll get it. Once I read what to do i literally got three different Lucky Shots in a row. Just find a group of enemies where you are elevated a bit (like up on stairs). I believe the easiest spot for me was Chapter 7, act 1 when the enemies are fighting each other. There's a few spots to easily get it in there.

Good luck!!

essentre
03-10-2011, 04:03 PM
How on Stygia do you get the sniper crotch shot? Every single enemy I fire at immediately runs with their leg in front, and the best I can get is a hip shot. Any tips?

Maybe if I thump him first...

Ha! Got it!
Very helpful guide here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=296872

What I did was just leash someone, kick them back and then shoot them. This way their crotch is facing you and they can't move. It took some trial and error though. I also rarely hit a guy in the balls with the PMC to get a mercy, must be a very small and particular hit zone.

DieGroundwalker
03-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Kick a Nom parasite on their head, then shoot them in the crotch - they can't dodge when the parasite is on their head.

essentre
03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Kick a Nom parasite on their head, then shoot them in the crotch - they can't dodge when the parasite is on their head.

Good call!

Snafu 0420
03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I can easily get graffitti & crotch shot for Mercy. I dont think i got fountain of blood yet.

radamanthyspl
03-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Lucky Shot - Kill an enemy with a cannonball that travelled over 100 metres without bouncing.

I believe I got it at the beginning of Act 5 - burnout paradise. First you fight some burnouts outside, then you enter a building and fight a bunch of them inside. Then there is a section where a gate opens and you leave the room and get to this long walkway. Burnouts start running from a far away, try shooting up high and if you manage to adjust the arc you should get the skillshot.

dorward1690
03-13-2011, 06:03 AM
only one i had trouble with was 'stinger' mostly cos i suck with the drill gun, the rest was o.k i get the mercy skillshot all the time!