PDA

View Full Version : PC FoV - No BS Inquiry/Request

SocratesPwnsU
02-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Because the Bulletstorm PR has attempted a no-BS approach I feel I can just say this straight up. Don't cockblock non-down-syndrome PC users by smashing the FoV to 55 (or even 75).

Only the CoD/Halo-was-my-first-and-is-TeH-[B]est-FPS-ever! Fanbois think this crap is normal.

Throw a dog a bone ffs and give people that actually know whats up the option to get that fov to around 100 or 110.

I don't really want or even feel the need to explain the common sense behind this. But ffs we have widescreen monitors and usually sit at a desk, don't hammer us with this consolitis crap. Please. and Thank you.

And for those that are offended at this or think its a cheat or have some rationale as to why this shouldn't/doesn't need to be in there, I hope you have an awesome family that will always be there for you and congratulate when you finally pass your GED test and land that dream job as a Mcdonalds manager.

pha
02-03-2011, 06:10 AM
My prediction: There will be persistent low FOV designed for televisions instead of monitors, and persistent mouse acceleration because free look is designed with 360 Controller's analog stick in mind.

Fartuess
02-03-2011, 07:34 AM
by FoV you mean field of view? If so then i have news for you. As far as i know you can change FoV using console command.

JUGGERNUT
02-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Hopefully they'll make sure the "behindview 1" command works as well just like in UT3.

Cr4zy
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
by FoV you mean field of view? If so then i have news for you. As far as i know you can change FoV using console command.

If the console is even enabled :p

And then its between a set limit.

darksin
02-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Gears can change FOV to what u like from console, hope BS the same...

JUGGERNUT
02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't like piracy, but I also don't like companies who cater to one audience over another. Though they did make a Duty Calls spoof, well, they're confident the game will sell good.

snaileri
02-23-2011, 12:32 PM
The FOV ruins the whole game for me, it's that bad.
Needs a patch ASAP.

capable heart
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
The correct way to handle FOV is to make the VERTICAL FOV stay the same, and then the Horizontal FOV can expand however much it needs to depending on the shape of the monitor. Typically Vertical FOV looks good at around 65 to 75 which is about 90 to 100 horizontal for widescreen games.

Unfortunately, this is not the default behavior for Unreal Engine camera actors. Unreal Engine games lock the horizontal FOV and then free adjust the vertical FOV depending on the screen shape.

Since Bulletstorm was built around that incorrect FOV method, it will be unlikely that the publisher will allow the devs to spend the time to support a whole other method.

For example, if you could adjust the FOV (and Unreal Engine games these days tend to encrypt the ini files to prevent people from adjusting the game) it would affect functions like iron sights. Aiming down the sights depends on the adjustment from one FOV to another, and if you mess with the FOV function it could break certain things in the game like ADS and cutscenes.

So even if they wanted to change it, there would be a lot of things to fix throughout the whole game design, not just the FOV command itself.

I wish they would but I doubt they consider the effort worth it.

You should go to the Widescreen Gaming Forum (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com) website, someone will have a fix for it eventually.