PDA

View Full Version : How long is Bulletstorm?

Lucra
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any idea about how long BULLETSTORM's single player game was going to be. I don't play multiplayer often and this game just looks like flat-out awesome and ridiculous all at the same time, but I don't want to buy it when it first comes out if the single player campaign is only 7 hours long.

Flak
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM
It depends how good you are ;)

We haven't released any info about that yet.

Lucra
01-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Hmmm........ I guess I will just have to wait and see then. I am very excited for this game as well as Gears of War 3, but nowadays it is becoming harder to trust new IP's in the gaming industry. It seems we have gotten to a point where a game is either brilliant or complete trash. I am actually earning a degree in "Simulation and Game Design" right now and with the way the industry is going it is becoming more difficult to stand out from the crowd with a new idea that doesn't get torn apart by the masses.

king-mark
01-10-2011, 02:01 AM
It depends how good you are ;)

half an hour then :cool:

-Raven-
01-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Good question Op...

half an hour then :cool:
Pfft newb. :p

king-mark
01-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Pfft newb. :p

yeah but thats when im juggling 2 chainsaws and playing on super ultra hard

LobotiCasta+ion
01-10-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm hoping for tons of Single player replayability

II Donell II
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm hoping for tons of Single player replayability

If there is, I'd promptly put down a pre-order.

The only reason I'm holding back on buying Bulletstorm at the moment is because I can't see myself playing it for long enough for it to be worth full price. Co-op stuff gets boring fast for me.

Spazzumes
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I heard it has a pretty meaty campaign, longer than most FPS, but I'm not exactly sure.

Fartuess
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
i heard in one of the older interviews that it'll be longer than CoD games. Nothing more.

I hope it'll be at least long like PC version of GoW. To have enought time to deeply immerse yourself in represented world :)

Carmine87
01-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah, this is something i would love to know.

Blade_hunter
01-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I hope it's around 10 h +

Nono
01-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Well it needs 9GB HDD free space, Batman AA, another UE3 game required approx 8.15GB, of course things like cut-scenes etc add to the size, but I'd guess it'll be a similar length.

AdrianChm
01-12-2011, 06:58 PM
O HAI.

I saw many people playing the game, and every single person had a different playthrough time. I know that some people may consider "it depends on the person" as a way to avoid the answer, but what can I do when it's really true?..

However, what I can tell you is this:

1. The game is of a very decent length. I have never met a person/tester who said it's too short (apart from people wanting more just because they loved the game and wanted it to never stop).

2. I believe that the game has extreme replayability. I know many people never finish games, even those they love, let alone play it again. But if you like Bulletstorm, I guarantee you that you're going to like playing it the second time. If I can recommend something, it would be: finish the Single Player, play a lot of ECHOES or ANARCHY, replay the Single Player. You will see how different your experience will be - and both times you'll have a lot of fun.

3. Playing on a harder difficulty level changes the way you play the game. It's not "I have less health, so I have to stay in cover longer" kind of deal. It's "I need to be better at this s***, I need to maximize my Skillshots, I need to play wiser" kind of deal. Just last month I have finished the game on the hardest difficulty mode for the very first time, and I was blown away by the experience.

However, DO NOT start with the highest difficulty on your first playthrough. I don't doubt your skills, I'm sure you can play Contra with TV turned off - BUT Bulletstorm really is different to other shooters, and you should use the first playthrough to understand why, and only then attempt the impossible :)

XOXO,
Adrian

Blade_hunter
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks for answering even if the answer doesn't respond to our question in an exact manner. At least there is something :D
Descent length so I can consider around 8+ hrs maybe ?
Since IMO that's a descent length ...

I want to ask something BTW since the developers responds :)

Is there some secret / alternate passages in this game ?

E10phoenix
01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
cant wait for this game to come out, just put my preorder down for it.
here's hoping the co op will be fun

Count_de_Money
01-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Descent length so I can consider around 8+ hrs maybe ?

Seems fine enough. :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-08-bulletstorm-were-misunderstood-interview?page=2

Adrian Chmielarz:It's a win-win situation for everybody, because as a gamer you squeeze out hundreds of hours out of Bulletstorm. While the single-player campaign is eight hours, 10 hours, 12 hours,

II Donell II
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM

Sold.

Thanks for that, exactly what I needed.

Drudgie
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
O HAI.

I saw many people playing the game, and every single person had a different playthrough time. I know that some people may consider "it depends on the person" as a way to avoid the answer, but what can I do when it's really true?..

However, what I can tell you is this:

1. The game is of a very decent length. I have never met a person/tester who said it's too short (apart from people wanting more just because they loved the game and wanted it to never stop).

2. I believe that the game has extreme replayability. I know many people never finish games, even those they love, let alone play it again. But if you like Bulletstorm, I guarantee you that you're going to like playing it the second time. If I can recommend something, it would be: finish the Single Player, play a lot of ECHOES or ANARCHY, replay the Single Player. You will see how different your experience will be - and both times you'll have a lot of fun.

3. Playing on a harder difficulty level changes the way you play the game. It's not "I have less health, so I have to stay in cover longer" kind of deal. It's "I need to be better at this s***, I need to maximize my Skillshots, I need to play wiser" kind of deal. Just last month I have finished the game on the hardest difficulty mode for the very first time, and I was blown away by the experience.

However, DO NOT start with the highest difficulty on your first playthrough. I don't doubt your skills, I'm sure you can play Contra with TV turned off - BUT Bulletstorm really is different to other shooters, and you should use the first playthrough to understand why, and only then attempt the impossible :)

XOXO,
Adrian

And that ladies and Gents is how to answer a question..

Gnashes
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
However, DO NOT start with the highest difficulty on your first playthrough. I don't doubt your skills, I'm sure you can play Contra with TV turned off - BUT Bulletstorm really is different to other shooters, and you should use the first playthrough to understand why, and only then attempt the impossible.

Phhht Contra is for babies. I can play Gears MP with my TV off.

Seriously, thanks for the response. I'll make Bulletstorm one of the few games I play through multiple times.

Carmine87
01-13-2011, 07:52 AM
I think the game will be long enough so you can experience the 135 skill points :)

Blade_hunter
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Seems fine enough. :)

This smells good ^^
Rare are the game who are like this good ol' Painkiller with a good and tasty SOF and UT sauce.

Harro
01-13-2011, 09:32 AM
If there is, I'd promptly put down a pre-order.

The only reason I'm holding back on buying Bulletstorm at the moment is because I can't see myself playing it for long enough for it to be worth full price. Co-op stuff gets boring fast for me.

If you had a game that might not live up to your fans expectation, wouldn't you do something else to entice them to buy it? Like, say, include a Beta to a highly anticipated game? ....

I'm sure it'll be great, though.

darksin
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Shorter than Singularity, i'm sure............

Ghostofdelta2
01-13-2011, 09:15 PM
If you had a game that might not live up to your fans expectation, wouldn't you do something else to entice them to buy it? Like, say, include a Beta to a highly anticipated game? ....

I'm sure it'll be great, though.

That makes sense, but a better reason would to be sell your new IP to get them to give it a chance.

A game/song/anything really can be great but if people don't hear about it and try it then it will never reach its potential in terms or sales and popularity