PDA

View Full Version : Not a day goes by...

TEEJAYx611
01-09-2011, 01:09 PM
... Where I dont get abuse messages. Its so irritating, and I'm not doing anything wrong, just going about my usual day, I leave a game because I get two pieced then '' ______ sent you a message'' Oh yeah here we go.

''get owned'' run away scrub'' ''noob'' ''B*tch'' anything you can think of.

Earlier on I joined a social game , I was the only human player on my team, the other team is in a party of four. The host then proceeds to meleeing me down then celebrating by yes you guessed it, spinning his smoke grenade about in a frenzy. I'd had enough so I left. Then I get the usual message '' haha loser'' and the classic ''noob'' and ''get r...

And whats more infuriating is that these players genuinely think they're pro, and thats what annoys me most about gears, they're so hypocritical to think that by meleeing you on their host they're good and you're bad.

My point is that I want to be able to set these players to 'Avoided Players' and not have to play with them but it does nothing.

And whats worse is I get hate messages for silly other stuff.

''You cant kill without wallbouncing''
''You must have aimbot with that blindfire''

Ridiculous things like that, If i leave a game it's because I'm sick of being killed in annoying ways, but you can't reason with people that send hate messages.

One game I played there was loads of bots, and Tai soaked up my bullets then blindfired me with the gnasher so i left, the host then sends a sarky message saying ''byebye'' I said ''dont gloat your bot killed me not you''
He then said '' I won'' I happened to join that game again and kill him multiple times. he left. He sent me a message back '' Bad luck I won you lost.''
no reasoning.

Anyway I want to be able to actually avoid people that annoy me. Rant over.

Anybody else got any experiences they want to share?

ll ALEX76 ll
01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Why You even care ?

james288gto
01-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Can you not block messages or decline FR's from wollies

xstephh
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Can you not block messages or decline FR's from wollies

Yeah, you can always set your privacy settings to friends only for voice/text msgs if it's really that big of a deal.

IiliI PEL IiliI
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Gears mate....

Either deal with it...

...or get counselling lol

Small Chap
01-09-2011, 01:36 PM
in my opinion if you rage quit because of 'being killed in annoying ways' you deserve all the hate mail you get! either stick it out like a man, or dont complain when they send you hate mail. leave if its unplayably laggy and for no other reason, not because YOU allowed someone to 2 piece you, while missing them with your shots!

i rarely ever get 2 pieced anymore because i kill the person walking towards me swinging an arm with bullets. but when they kill me, it is mostly always my fault for missing. yeah its annoying, but i can accept it and go back and kill them. i dont leave, leaving my team a man down!

Cup
01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
"Get owned" and "Run away scrub" aren't abusive, they're funny and provocative. I send them all the time when I beat a stacked team who have host.

wuggle
01-09-2011, 01:43 PM
leaving games are bad.
leaving social games...
people think it is more acceptable.
Truth is, there is a bit more loose reasoning here, but...
dont leave games.

Sigmaah
01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
dont let it get to you

Black Winging
01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Only abuse messages I send are for irritating team mates (steal kills, don't revive, camp), glitchers, and when the other team tbags when they're winning but quit when they're losing. Anything else is a waste of time.

Don't let the messages get to you, it happens to everyone for different reasons.

Cam pwnz99
01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Well I do get pissed off if they Melee/2piece me then start to all teabag me and I don't get how they can actually think they are good. Once I tried to pull of a 4v1 (in guardian both leaders dead I was last alive) I wall bounce the first three then the last guy hit me with an elbow and teabags me until I bleed out. Im like wth? I almost pull of a 4v1 clutch and make a complete joke of your skill level and you think your good for meleeing me down LOL I don't quit, but it pisses me off to no end (also how whenever I kill someone I'm "host" and they quit if I'm kicking their ass)

@blackwinging I'll send messages for those things too

The Locust Horde
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Your lucky gears doesnt have a kick feature have you ever played gta online free mode when a kicking battle kicks off.
the ding aling never stops and on top of that you get the abusive messages.
At least with gears you mostly get your country players.

In other games you get put with whoever and whatever.

Just reply with something that will bug em or ignore them both do the trick.
<3

mcnally32
01-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Agree with the guy saying the only good reason for quitting is a laggy game. Leaving for getting two pieced? Thats a perfectly acceptable way to get killed. You might as well leave anytime you get killed in that case.

DeYankees1
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Only abuse messages I send are for irritating team mates (steal kills, don't revive, camp), glitchers, and when the other team tbags when they're winning but quit when they're losing. Anything else is a waste of time.

Don't let the messages get to you, it happens to everyone for different reasons.

That's when I exit the party and go Ape crazy on my teammate lol. But yea I don't send to the other team pointless and a waste of time.

that one guy
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I melee people down and tbag them all the time.Then they rage quit and I celebrate.
One less person on the other team.Advantage my team.
After the game I send them a good game.

Its not my job to ensure you have a pleasant experience.

TRELON
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Just block communications.

ozwalt
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
If you get a hate message off an opposing team player then you're doing something right.