PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late for a small thanks-gibbing request?

x Shadow x
11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
So I've notice that resent XP events mostly favor horde players but not people who play Multiplayer. Last week I was read an Idea Cher had about multiplayer, remove the melee stun and original shotgun ammo count, which got me thinking. Since many of us don't like TU6 shotgun what if for the event EPIC would let us use original shotgun. during the event they could collect info and see what Gears players want and not just assume.

that one guy
11-20-2010, 09:52 AM
So I've notice that resent XP events mostly favor horde players but not people who play Multiplayer. Last week I was read an Idea Cher had about multiplayer, remove the melee stun and original shotgun ammo count, which got me thinking. Since many of us don't like TU6 shotgun what if for the event EPIC would let us use original shotgun. during the event they could collect info and see what Gears players want and not just assume.

If the TU6 shotgun is to your dis-liking you could always just stop using it.

x Shadow x
11-20-2010, 09:56 AM
If the TU6 shotgun is to your dis-liking you could always just stop using it.

If you wanna get a lot of kills and actually win you need shotgun.

that one guy
11-20-2010, 09:59 AM
If you wanna get a lot of kills and actually win you need shotgun.

With the hundreds of posts to change the shotgun and nothing happening do you think anything will change.

TU6 Gnasher is here to stay

x Shadow x
11-20-2010, 10:07 AM
With the hundreds of posts to change the shotgun and nothing happening do you think anything will change.

Dude you got a point seriously! we all seen that thread with the poll about shotgun range. it went up few months after TU6 came out. That thread has a lot of votes and still no change.
TU6 shotgun is the same for Gears 3 from what I heard. hopefully the Beta will open EPIC's eyes

that one guy
11-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Dude you got a point seriously! we all seen that thread with the poll about shotgun range. it went up few months after TU6 came out. That thread has a lot of votes and still no change.
TU6 shotgun is the same for Gears 3 from what I heard. hopefully the Beta will open EPIC's eyes

With the DBS coming in Gears 3 the gnasher will have to have a good range to make it useful.They may reduce the range some but don't expect a huge change.

Coleyman
11-20-2010, 10:25 AM

It's here to stay, but with the amount of community outcry for it to be changed, EPIC should ideally be doing something about it. Especially considering there is now another ~12 months until we get GoW3.

Sully
11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
So I've notice that resent XP events mostly favor horde players but not people who play Multiplayer.

Huh? The last two Horde events have been AWFUL for gaining XP. Both the 31x Halloween event and the current 10x Thanksgiving event made horde waves long and extremely tedious. The novelty of the event in Horde lasted about 5 minutes.

I Love U Jesus
11-20-2010, 01:43 PM
The devs have already responded that the tu6 shotgun can't be temporarily modified without a title update, which isn't going to happen.

The tu6 shotgun is staying because of a mixture of their desires and the desires of the community, even if a lot of that community disagrees, and because it's basically extra beta testing for the Gears 3 gnasher.

Small Chap
11-20-2010, 02:07 PM
The devs have already responded that the tu6 shotgun can't be temporarily modified without a title update, which isn't going to happen.

The tu6 shotgun is staying because of a mixture of their desires and the desires of the community, even if a lot of that community disagrees, and because it's basically extra beta testing for the Gears 3 gnasher.

which is all well and good, and im sure the gnasher in gears 3 will be about this range to compensate for the dbs. and in that case, this is a perfect beta for that. and im sure that game will be balanced with rifles as well.

however this is gears of war 2, we dont have a dbs, and this isnt a beta. the game is not ballanced! they didnt screw with gears 1 a year before gears 2 came out to test stuff. admittedly it would probably have helped gears 2 at launch, but gears 3 has its own beta for that. why cant we have the gears 2 we want now, rather than using it as a testing ground for a different game that will have completely different mechanics and will have a completely different balance between weapons!!!