PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Days Collection - fan fiction short stories, letters, ect.

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 05:08 PM
cuz some meatball took Letters from Sera (which would have been a perfect name for my collection) I came up with another. :)

This is the Remember the Days collection.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz233/tfghost92/rtd.png?t=1288645426

ABOUT

The Remember the Days collection is just what it is, a collection of letters written by soldiers on Sera, whether it be COG, UIR, or Locust. The purpose of the letters is to see a different side of the soldier than just a man with a gun and a chainsaw.

With these, feel free to use your own imagination of what have may occured if something in one of the letters didn't touch base on an event. It's up to you to think whatever may have happened!

The Collection

The Brief Memoires of Ethan Fin (http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=749634) - the first Remember the Days story to be written. Read about a young soldiers heartbreaking past in this short memoire. written by gigasteam

Forever (http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=749830) - a letter written by a COG soldier during the Pendulum Wars. my second story. Written by gigasteam

Write one!

I would be greatful if anyone had a story they wanted to share. If it is pretty good and the general S&C team enjoys it, it may be put up here on the front page. :) Just make sure to PM me that your story is for this collection.

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Reserved for possible future need :)

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Reserved again :)

Wisdom Thumbs
11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Three reserved posts might be a lot, but I guess it's good practice with collections these days.

I have a thing with Indies. If I do one, it'll be a letter from an Indie soldier in the UIR.

Make sure to link to all the stories written for the collection.

Also make sure to check out Jay the Arbiter's "Soul Killers" collection, since that one is currently ongoing.

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Three reserved posts might be a lot, but I guess it's good practice with collections these days.

I have a thing with Indies. If I do one, it'll be a letter from an Indie soldier in the UIR.

Also make sure to check out Jay the Arbiter's "Soul Killers" collection, since that one is currently ongoing.

Ha. I dunno, I just thought that if this ends up getting big, I'll be greatful in the long run that i reserved them. :)

I just added the links to them all.

rusticangelic
11-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Ah this makes sense, I was about to suggest this in your previous post -Forever, it would be nice to have all these letters together.

I agree with Thumbs I highly recommend going through Jay's SK thread or even asking him for advice on it, as I know he has spent a long time doing his collection thread.

Pandut
11-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Interesting... I might try and write one if I have enough time.

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM

My Gear will kick your Indie's ass!

Sign me up!

Jonesybites
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh snap...I could post more of Baird's rhetorical memoirs from his journal, lol...I just need somebody to draw and post his "artwork" on the side, cause I don't have my desktop to scan it on...that, soe of y'all are alot better at pencil then I am.

Wisdom Thumbs
11-01-2010, 06:34 PM
I've wanted to draw Baird's artwork before. The man may not be a great artist, but I assume he's gotten fairly good at it what with his knowledge of everything and all. :p

Note that if I do any writing that isn't Necromanteion, it's going to be a Soul Killers short for Jay. That takes precedence over any 'Remember the Days' entry, at least for me.

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
^MS PAINT!

I hope you do Baird's memoirs, Jonesy. I know you of all people can nail that bastard right...

rusticangelic
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
would be amazing if Jonesy did Baird's memoires - but I think that belongs in a thread of its own!!

Jay the Arbiter
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
So the SK's collection's getting punted?

Bummer d00d. :(

TheRealBigBoss
11-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Good point. I thought there was some unspoken etiquette about how we do things round here? :confused:

rusticangelic
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Nah SKs all the way Jay!!:D

Jonesybites
11-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Didn't you get some entries? I thought you did...but shoot, give it some time, it took, what, six months?!, to get A Day In The Life, posted.

I know you of all people can nail that bastard right...

...you were hinting at something, weren't you!

Jay the Arbiter
11-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Didn't you get some entries? I thought you did...but shoot, give it some time, it took, what, six months?!, to get A Day In The Life, posted.

3 and a half - two of them being mine.

Oh come off it, six months?

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
wait wat

(10 wats)

Jonesybites
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
3 and a half - two of them being mine.

Oh come off it, six months?

Yea...Boss started it in, was it May, June? ...and then it was finalized in October...ok, five months, but still, the project was supposed to take three mos...

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Good point. I thought there was some unspoken etiquette about how we do things round here? :confused:

But I've done my job, I only await orders. Until then, I'll be in my barracks, ma'am. This was more of a "If it's on, I'll go for it." Just putting my name in now so I don't forget later on.

And Jonesy..... you know it..... hehehe....

Sgt. Grub k1ller
11-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I may try this, but no promises. Last time I tried a short, I fell inot a five month hole :mad:

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I may try this, but no promises. Last time I tried a short, I fell inot a five month hole :mad:

Yeah.

Funny thing is, you were working on a FULL fiction at the time and a SHORT ended you.

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah.

Funny thing is, you were working on a FULL fiction at the time and a SHORT ended you.

I find it funny how I wrote both Forever and Ethan Fin in 2 minutes...combined time...seriously. lol

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
:eek:

...... dude.....

Sgt. Grub k1ller
11-01-2010, 10:07 PM
2 min? God Damn! It takes me hours to write a page, and most of the chapters on my FF are 3+pages. I know, I write slow and big, but I find it easier to put it on paper first.

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 11:43 PM
:eek:

...... dude.....

I jumped onto Word, said "Gonna write something new." Wrote down an ending about him dying then thought "gonna make it a memoire." Wrote more random stuff down, saved it then put it up. All in 5 minutes lol

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
2 min? God Damn! It takes me hours to write a page, and most of the chapters on my FF are 3+pages. I know, I write slow and big, but I find it easier to put it on paper first.

you mean 3+ in Word?

Do you write big chapters? Well, it depends on the way your text sizeis in Word, ect.

Chapter 2 of World In Ruin is just under 10 pages long, with text size at 12 and not formatting of page length and width.

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Both of them?

gigasteam
11-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Both of them?

Pretty much. but seperate days. I wrote Forever today and took a little less time than Ethan Fin. This time I knew I had planned to make it a love letter and it ended up turning into a goodbeye letter. I wanted to find one that really made you feel sad (I prolly sound like a prick for saying this, but i actually got teary eyed when reading it over the first time lol)

SKORGE
11-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Hahaha, I laughed at the last bit... hehehe....

gigasteam
11-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Hahaha, I laughed at the last bit... hehehe....

Why you....I should have you arrested for discrimination against...peoples feelings!

SKORGE
11-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Why you....I should have you arrested for discrimination against...peoples feelings!

Feelings are for feeling.