PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion On Live Price Increase?

CLEANSH0T
08-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Did you see this coming? Is it a big deal to you? Why do you think MS did this since they're competition is catching up and offering free online gaming? Do you think Sony will eventually fold and start charging for online gaming as well?

I personally don't like it. But, I'm obsessed with Gears so I have no choice but to pay. Kinda like my cigarettes.

Link (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6274698.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1)

xstephh
08-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I actually had no idea the price was increasing until seeing this thread, so thanks :)
And like you said, I'm not too pleased about it but what choice do I really have...I'd go crazy without being able to play Gears, and it's only 10 bucks more- could be worse I guess.

Drudgie
08-30-2010, 11:07 PM
It seems my european price isn't being changed and its the monthy plans only in the uk which is handy because i buy mine and activate it on the first of every new year

LobotiCasta+ion
08-30-2010, 11:35 PM
meh, it's only 10 more but its still dumb.

xL RE4PER
08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
I'll still buy it but its still a good f*** you from Microsoft to everyone who plays their crappy console. Forgive my diatribe but its unacceptable for me to have to pay at least 200 bucks on live, 300 bucks for the console, then 200 bucks replacing disc drives alone, then jack up the price? f*** you microsoft and the pale horse you rode in on

B41RD
08-31-2010, 02:20 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ wow lol thats a little excessive :D

JD aus
08-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Well it doesn't effect me so I'm all good brudha! But yes MS are rather greedy.

Tesco Jeans
08-31-2010, 11:26 AM
I'll still buy it but its still a good f*** you from Microsoft to everyone who plays their crappy console. Forgive my diatribe but its unacceptable for me to have to pay at least 200 bucks on live, 300 bucks for the console, then 200 bucks replacing disc drives alone, then jack up the price? f*** you microsoft and the pale horse you rode in on
Tone down the swearing sir, it will get you nowhere. :)

Well it doesn't effect me so I'm all good brudha! But yes MS are rather greedy.
This.

T00BSAWK
09-01-2010, 12:33 AM
I live in Canada and those are the prices here so it doesn't affect me at all. I still think M$ is a bunch of greedy bastards though.

DeMinish
09-01-2010, 12:41 AM
i STILL think the buyers are getting MORE than their moneys worth.

DenyThisFlesh
09-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Like I've said in other similar threads, the price had to go up at some point. They've added a ton of features and completely revamped the service without raising the price until now.

Nonoru
09-01-2010, 06:27 AM
I don't use any of the added content they brought to live.
Heck,i don't even use messenger.

So yeah i would have prefered microsoft to let peeps choose if they want to use said "added content" by paying for it.

Doesn't seems really fair.Especially when each player from country outside the US pay already more.

DIFFLOCK
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
My next LIVE subscription is going to be a 12 month one anyway - so no change in price for me...... Until such time as M$oft hike the annual prices too :( Year on year, the world sees price increases in all kinds of consumer items, but Microsoft doo seem to be a tad greedy.

Diff.

swbruni
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I just paid $39.00 for 1 year . Deal of the week ..

Tesco Jeans
09-02-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't use any of the added content they brought to live.
Heck,i don't even use messenger.

So yeah i would have prefered microsoft to let peeps choose if they want to use said "added content" by paying for it.

Doesn't seems really fair.Especially when each player from country outside the US pay already more.
This is a good idea. I don't use some of the features on there most of the time. I can go on my computer if I need to go on Facebook/Twitter and I can listen to music on there too.

Enforcer24
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
My opinion is that they raise the price because they added and are still adding a bunch of things that I don't use because I have a computer sitting next to me (i.e. facebook, hulu plus, espn, video clips from MSNBC, etc.) So I would be pissed if I didn't already have 2 years of LIVE left. But it is pretty screwed up.