PDA

View Full Version : EPIC FiX the RANKING SYSTEM

Ironhorse
07-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Would you all please fix the ranking system. So all of us Instagib CTF players could view accurate rankings. Custom rankings attribute in the game is not displaying accurate stats. Please fix it. I think its all custom servers stats and weapons jammed together; could you all break it down into more categories please. Such as InstaGib ranking DM ranking CTF ranking etc. etc.

azurescorch
07-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Epic has dropped updates for ut3 and have halted any plans for any new unreal games so don't expect them to do this.

Are custom_server stats still broken? I think they are. I haven't played on a pure server in well over a year. So yeah, they can't even be bothered to fix that.

Stats aren't important anyway. Just enjoy the game.

Pemphigus
07-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Epic has dropped updates for ut3 and have halted any plans for any new unreal games so don't expect them to do this.

Are custom_server stats still broken? I think they are. I haven't played on a pure server in well over a year. So yeah, they can't even be bothered to fix that.

The pug server work in pure stat ;) so I think you're wrong my dear scorch

demoniac
07-29-2010, 06:57 AM

Dodgejump and fast weapon switching counts as pure these days?

azurescorch
07-29-2010, 12:42 PM

No, it has custom mutators such as dodge jump and fast weapon switch. So it does not. If it did my hoverboard time would of gone up since last year by more than a few minutes.

Sly.
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Why should someone fix the ranking system? Except the fact that it shows you how much kills and deaths you have it's completly useless. You don't need it to know how good you are imo. Personally I don't need an update of it.

oldkawman1
07-30-2010, 08:35 AM
There are no custom stats, gone for at least a year. Everything is covered in pure stats now.

Here is a nice place to see stats,

http://ut3stats.beyondunreal.com/

Remember, rank is meaningless because game types are so different.

BlueCloud
07-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Epic fix this and Epic fix that. Not gonna happen.

Killing_Joke.jW
08-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Epic is not going to fix anything imo. The first day they remove the titan and fix some bugs i will return to this game

Pemphigus
08-03-2010, 06:59 AM
No, it has custom mutators such as dodge jump and fast weapon switch. So it does not. If it did my hoverboard time would of gone up since last year by more than a few minutes.

Last time i looked for a award in pug it counted in pure stat
I m sry for not agree m8 but i know it count in pure ;)

«MechikTåj»
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Epic is not going to fix anything imo. The first day they remove the titan and fix some bugs i will return to this game

Titan is already removable since it's only a mutator. If you mean remove it entirely from the game/servers, that's pretty selfish since plenty of us enjoy playing with it on.

hypno
08-03-2010, 09:36 PM
They completely abandoned this game, more than what I expected. What a sad ending for the Unreal series, the franchise that made them big.

Sly.
08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
They completely abandoned this game, more than what I expected. What a sad ending for the Unreal series, the franchise that made them big.

Indeed. First the "original" Unreal series now the UT series.. All of them were great games. :'(

But I think that there is a small chance that there will be a UT4 (I hope).
If you want you could compare this game with UT2003. It flopped and later UT2004 appeared. Maybe there will be a UT3.5 some day. Who knows... *sigh*
I hate this topic. It's making me sad.

I hope there won't be threads like this anymore. :(

JohnDoe641
08-04-2010, 12:41 AM
I really hope there's no UT4, they still haven't finished UT3.

I_LIVE
08-04-2010, 02:01 AM
you people do realize your requests on these forums are not doing anything. I see the same topics over and over.

Cr4zy
08-04-2010, 03:19 AM

Maybe its better to just start fresh then try and revive something thousands of players have already dismissed :>

JohnDoe641
08-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Maybe its better to just start fresh then try and revive something thousands of players have already dismissed :>
Starting fresh would mean a new IP. The UT series can only be "reinvented" so many times, and it's run out of reincarnations. Bullet Storm would have been my choice for a "new" UT style FPS'er but it's so far lacking for me. I'm having too much fun in Killing Floor and l4d to really care about anything else anymore. D:

Sly.
08-04-2010, 06:05 AM

UT2003 was an "unfinished" game as well. Later UT2004 was developed. Suddenly many people started to play and even like that game. As I said, you could compare this game with 2k3. That's why I think there is a small chance for an improved version of this game. I'd even buy an "UT3.5" -even if it looks almost the same. I just want the content they promised back then when it was called UT2007 and bugfixes. I'd really buy this game - this re-release. Imo this would be well spent money.

Darkemule
08-04-2010, 06:28 AM
UT2003 was an "unfinished" game as well. Later UT2004 was developed. Suddenly many people started to play and even like that game. As I said, you could compare this game with 2k3. That's why I think there is a small chance for an improved version of this game. I'd even buy an "UT3.5" -even if it looks almost the same. I just want the content they promised back then when it was called UT2007 and bugfixes. I'd really buy this game - this re-release. Imo this would be well spent money.

Well, UT2004 was released one year after UT2003 (obviusly..), now after ~3 years without news i'm amout to lose my hopes on this possibility. heh :/

Killing_Joke.jW
08-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Titan is already removable since it's only a mutator. If you mean remove it entirely from the game/servers, that's pretty selfish since plenty of us enjoy playing with it on.

i have no problem with this mutator as such but it has ruined the gameplay for a lot of players out there...

If they not drastically change the titan, UT3 will remain a dead game.

azurescorch
08-04-2010, 07:45 AM
But I think that there is a small chance that there will be a UT4 (I hope).

I hope so.

Single player FPS games can't hold my interest at all. Bots are predictable and after playing a game like this for so long I can actually tell that the AI in this and other games are just doing what they've been told to do before hand. They seem to do things in a very unnatural and boring way :(

Other multiplayer games just don't do it for me either. I played BattleField BadCompany2 for the first time in 2 or 3 months last night and it was pretty boring, while the COD series is all about spamming random grenades and camping. :confused: idk why these games are so popular.

Sly.
08-04-2010, 08:13 AM
I hope so.

Single player FPS games can't hold my interest at all. Bots are predictable and after playing a game like this for so long I can actually tell that the AI in this and other games are just doing what they've been told to do before hand. They seem to do things in a very unnatural and boring way :(

Other multiplayer games just don't do it for me either. I played BattleField BadCompany2 for the first time in 2 or 3 months last night and it was pretty boring, while the COD series is all about spamming random grenades and camping. :confused: idk why these games are so popular.

Me neither.

Maybe you should try out Unreal 1 (not UT99 - U1=/=UT99). It's a great single player game and has an awesome atmosphere, even today. The AI is not as predictable as in other games imo. They surprise you over and over. And you have the same weapons as in UT (only a little bit different in design and sounds). You move even faster than in UT2003/2004 and UT3. And you have the RazorJack there ;) A great weapon. I can only recommend this game if you didn't play it yet.

But sadly idk an alternative to Unreal Tournament :( Quake Live is (as you already said) a bad choice I think since there are many players who played Q3A and continue playing with QL.

UT was always the #1 multiplayer shooter for me (even if I didn't had internet when UT99 came out -the botmaches were great as well).

azurescorch
08-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Me neither.

Maybe you should try out Unreal 1 (not UT99 - U1=/=UT99). It's a great single player game and has an awesome atmosphere, even today. The AI is not as predictable as in other games imo. They surprise you over and over. And you have the same weapons as in UT (only a little bit different in design and sounds). You move even faster than in UT2003/2004 and UT3. And you have the RazorJack there ;) A great weapon. I can only recommend this game if you didn't play it yet.

But sadly idk an alternative to Unreal Tournament :( Quake Live is (as you already said) a bad choice I think since there are many players who played Q3A and continue playing with QL.

UT was always the #1 multiplayer shooter for me (even if I didn't had internet when UT99 came out -the botmaches were great as well).

I haven't played Unreal1, I really should though.

I enjoyed QuakeLive but I was vote kicked for being a newbie one too many times. :mad:

Skippy_Doe
08-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I haven't played Unreal1, I really should though.

I enjoyed QuakeLive but I was vote kicked for being a newbie one too many times. :mad:

Oh you really should play Unreal then. It is a quintessential FPS gaming experience.
There is also an expansion called Return to Na Pali.
If you get it from Steam I think it comes with.

I think...

Leo(T.C.K.)
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
There are still loads of bugs in the same, as I briefly mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=184123

However I still like the game, despite these things. To me UT3 was an improvement over UT2004, I don't like the graphic style too much, but I outright hated UT2004 cartoony style (which looks like 90s comics-cartoons era characters, mentioned by a friend who watched lots of Linkara reviews of comics and that famous 90s kid moments of that), so that is better to me as well. Also I still play it on low FPS (some custom maps are even 0.1 FPS for me, badly optimised, like some of the maps in HOLP2 and some in HOLP 3 or something) in a laptop with intergrated graphic card. :D
It is mostly the indoor maps which I have problems with though regarding very low FPS.

Sly.
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Linkara is awesome and Nostalgia Critics as well! :D Did you know that there is a WoW comic? LMAO!

On the one hand you're right with 2k4 cartoony style. But on the other hand if you take a look at the first UT and it's concept art I think that UT was supposed to look like this. UT3 has this Gears-style .. That's something I don't like. In this case I prefer a comic style (maybe not as extreme as in 2k4).
Take this picture as an example: UT99 Iron Guard holding red flag (http://wallpapers-diq.org/wallpapers/18/Unreal_Tournament%2C_Capture_The_Flag.jpg)
Imo that looks great and if they are going to make a new UT they should try to stick a bit more to this style (also, I can't recognize this Iron Guard armor in UT3 anymore - the design changed a loooot O_o)

Leo(T.C.K.)
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah I know that concept art, although it is very different from UT2004 concept art after all..
Well UT took originally a departure from the classic stuff in Unreal into more "plastic" looking guns (look at pulsegun or flakcannon) and cyberpunk themes. Not sure if I liked that at first place, but hey it's not bad anyway.

bclagge
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
If they not drastically change the titan, UT3 will remain a dead game.

UT3 is going to remain dead regardless. Titan was the final nail in the coffin for some people, but the game was on it's way out the door anyway.

hypno
08-04-2010, 10:40 PM
titanpack was a huge waste of time, instead of doing new maps and new mods the game should have been polished in basic features such as demoplayback, spectator mode and so on. I'll never understand it, ever.

Killing_Joke.jW
08-05-2010, 04:18 AM
UT3 is going to remain dead regardless. Titan was the final nail in the coffin for some people, but the game was on it's way out the door anyway.

Its not only the fault of EPIC, also the community has his responsability in killing UT3 by always complain/whining about minor stuff and demanding more and more.

Also this game was already dead when launching it !! making this game available for noobs with no skill needed. making a game with no skill learning curve makes a boring game from the start.
They made it tooooooooooo eassssyyyy for beginners from the start. That and the titan mutator created for uber NOOBS....

i installed it yesterday evening back and played a round in floodgate ...with the titan mutator --> now i know why i did not missed it for 3 months now.

Pemphigus
08-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Its not only the fault of EPIC, also the community has his responsability in killing UT3 by always complain/whining about minor stuff and demanding more and more.

Also this game was already dead when launching it !! making this game available for noobs with no skill needed. making a game with no skill learning curve makes a boring game from the start.
They made it tooooooooooo eassssyyyy for beginners from the start. That and the titan mutator created for uber NOOBS....

i installed it yesterday evening back and played a round in floodgate ...with the titan mutator --> now i know why i did not missed it for 3 months now.

lol try to go on a no-titan server ;) i know that i had to change mod in pub server to continue to have fun (not always :p )

azurescorch
08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
making this game available for noobs with no skill needed. making a game with no skill learning curve makes a boring game from the start.

The hell you talking about? There is clearly a learning curve.

I've convinced 4 people to buy this game and NONE OF THEM continued to play it after a few hours because it takes time to learn this game and every player they came across (even the ones that are terrible even by my standards) obliterated them. They gave up because it wasn't fun to be constantly beaten while never coming across anyone at even remotely the same skill level.
And please don't tell me all it needed was a match making system like QuakeLive. I've been vote-kicked from QL match-made servers for being a "n00b" (god forbid I don't know how to strafe jump correctly on a game I've played less than a few hours).

You said you replayed it last night on floodgate, remember warfare is only one fraction of this game and maybe (at least now) the least skilled. I'd of left this game months ago if all I played was public warfare. But I play other game types with players I've met and keep in contact with via irc. ;)

oldkawman1
08-05-2010, 08:44 AM
titanpack was a huge waste of time, instead of doing new maps and new mods the game should have been polished in basic features such as demoplayback, spectator mode and so on. I'll never understand it, ever.

+1

Exactly! They wasted their time perhaps ruined the UT franchise with that titan mod because they had no clue to what most of the community wanted. They had a bug list made by the community which explained in detail and showed examples of the bugs. Instead if fixing them, they created titan. It's no wonder so many players exited at that time.

Skippy_Doe
08-05-2010, 09:00 AM

I still chuckle when I see the name of my UT3 DVD
"RC_7"

Killing_Joke.jW
08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
The hell you talking about? There is clearly a learning curve.

I've convinced 4 people to buy this game and NONE OF THEM continued to play it after a few hours because it takes time to learn this game and every player they came across (even the ones that are terrible even by my standards) obliterated them. They gave up because it wasn't fun to be constantly beaten while never coming across anyone at even remotely the same skill level.
And please don't tell me all it needed was a match making system like QuakeLive. I've been vote-kicked from QL match-made servers for being a "n00b" (god forbid I don't know how to strafe jump correctly on a game I've played less than a few hours).

You said you replayed it last night on floodgate, remember warfare is only one fraction of this game and maybe (at least now) the least skilled. I'd of left this game months ago if all I played was public warfare. But I play other game types with players I've met and keep in contact with via irc. ;)

come on azure, they (epic) admitted themselves that they created this game to be more open for beginners. And did not anything for the more competitve players. Instead they gave us the titan!!

Benfica
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
The Titan element itself is a mutator that comes disabled by default. Who would expect that the community can't understand what "optional" means?

azurescorch
08-05-2010, 01:12 PM
come on azure, they (epic) admitted themselves that they created this game to be more open for beginners. And did not anything for the more competitve players. Instead they gave us the titan!!

I'll agree with you on the titan part. But even if they watered down the competitive side from release there was still a HUGE learning curve for people who have never played quake3/QL or Unreal Tournament before.

100GPing100
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
You're all right, for example, the game needed to be expanded to new players, so the community would be even bigger, bt that would mean that there would be more n00bs in the game, so that is why you can choose to play online or offline. Play online if you are experienced, and play offline if you are unexpirienced. Then on offline you have more than the 3 more used difficulties (easy, normal and hard), i think you have like 10 or so, so for n00bs or experienced, they could all play offline, and n00bs that would go and play online the first time they opened the game, they would die many times, and the experienced ones .. why are they complaining?!? they get score! Then the n00bs would start playing offline, so they could practice. Do you think that the gae would only be made for players that had played UT or Unreal before, and so that had experience(?), that way, only old people would play this game, and then these old people would have more to do in their lives than spendind the hole day playing Games!, they would leave the game and the game would not be played by anyone, because n00bs wouldn't have a chance to learn anything if the only thing they could do were die!!

Another thing that is right is the Titan Mutator, you're right, that it isn't that good, and seems that it has been made for n00bs, but ho cares, IT IS A MUTATOR, WICH MEANS YOU CAN DISABLE IT!!!

Also, if you don't know, this game has been ruined because of the XBox, Epic removed and modified more than half of the game just because it needed to fit in the XBox's HDD, so instead of complayning about Epic not making a good job, complain about their decision in making it a game for more than one plataform!

Also UT3 is a game were you can make stuff, so why not making mutators that fix these problems, like some that already exist, instead of asking for everything? You have lucky in Epic getting some ideas from the community, before making this game, most of games developers don't do it, so stop wasting time saying they made a game for n00bs, because you don't want a game that only has some veterans playing, that eventually will stop playing at all, if someone wanted to play this game, that someone would need to start playing the old UT's, so he could have a chance wining in this UT?

Instead of making fun of n00bs, help them, because that way they will be experienced players faster, meaning that n00bs will start to desapear!

Ho, and sice to see you again Benfica :D

Benfica
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Ho, and sice to see you again Benfica :D
Hey there!

JohnDoe641
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
The Titan element itself is a mutator that comes disabled by default. Who would expect that the community can't understand what "optional" means?
It's probably the same people who are asking when the next patch will be released.

DrUnKenSTeiN
08-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Since i started to play players had a tendency to fill the epic servers . There is no non-titan official epic server atm and disabling the titan at the other epic server isnt an option too. Filling another server is too hard (as as said we tried it before n didn't work ) . I fail to see the options left , at least for the titan haters like me .

It is an option only for offline games . UT offline for me its only when i try new maps with no bots so i can learn trick jumps , good routes , defense or choke points etc .

azurescorch
08-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Since i started to play players had a tendency to fill the epic servers . There is no non-titan official epic server atm and disabling the titan at the other epic server isnt an option too. Filling another server is too hard (as as said we tried it before n didn't work ) . I fail to see the options left , at least for the titan haters like me .

It is an option only for offline games . UT offline for me its only when i try new maps with no bots so i can learn trick jumps , good routes , defense or choke points etc .

+1

I really don't see the point of adding more. I've already stated everything I can about the population problem and how going "to a non-titan server" is no longer an option. Either people aren't reading the posts where I've mentioned these things, or they're purposely ignoring the information they have read.

Benfica
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
+1

I really don't see the point of adding more. I've already stated everything I can about the population problem and how going "to a non-titan server" is no longer an option. Either people aren't reading the posts where I've mentioned these things, or they're purposely ignoring the information they have read.
That may be an excellent addition to Drunken's point but has absolutely nothing to do with mine. What I'm trying to say is that there was no way for Epic to guess. It's easy to realize now what you are describing, the same way it's easy to know the right lottery numbers after betting

What's more, I hope I don't need to get into details on why there was no disadvantage on making maps included in the Titan pack. Mappers are not code specialists, therefore often the alternative to making maps is not writing and fixing code, it's doing absolutely nothing.

Killing_Joke.jW
08-06-2010, 05:46 AM
i want to make clear that i am not against the UT francise ( i played for more then 10 years ONLY UT, but only against those stpud money hungry sharks called MIDGAY pushing a game to us that is not ready. Also i'm against those whiners who also completely ruined this game by always asking and complaining for MORE, AND MORE,..
Those spoiled egocentric bastards also ruined the game.

We knew that this game was not finished but we also did not let EPIC create a proper patch or fix. It was always ...MORE, WE WANT MORE..AND WE DO NOT WANT TO WAIT ..we are in this light not better then EPIC or midway...

This post probably results in a perm ban..so be it....but these are my two cents...

A note to EPIC--> please do not release a UT game (if you do) which is not finished and do not turn into egocentric money hungry bastards too..!!

Felt good speaking my mind...:)

azurescorch
08-06-2010, 06:57 AM
That may be an excellent addition to Drunken's point but has absolutely nothing to do with mine. What I'm trying to say is that there was no way for Epic to guess. It's easy to realize now what you are describing, the same way it's easy to know the right lottery numbers after betting

What's more, I hope I don't need to get into details on why there was no disadvantage on making maps included in the Titan pack. Mappers are not code specialists, therefore often the alternative to making maps is not writing and fixing code, it's doing absolutely nothing.

Yes but what I'm saying is that "Go and play on a non-titan server, it's just a mutator" is a stupid suggestion that I keep reading over and over again on this forum.
Yes it's disabled by default. But it's also enabled on the majority of servers I find, including Epic's.
Saying one should play without the mutator is as good as saying play it offline.

And no, you don't need to go into the details on why there was no disadvantage on making maps. That's pretty obvious (mappers=Artists/Designers. Not coders in most cases).

Random54
08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes but what I'm saying is that "Go and play on a non-titan server, it's just a mutator" is a stupid suggestion that I keep reading over and over again on this forum.
Yes it's disabled by default. But it's also enabled on the majority of servers I find, including Epic's.
Saying one should play without the mutator is as good as saying play it offline.

And no, you don't need to go into the details on why there was no disadvantage on making maps. That's pretty obvious (mappers=Artists/Designers. Not coders in most cases).

So if I get this right. You're complaining that the majority of servers (if not all) with people on them are running a certain mutator. That would make this mutator very popular. Your conclusion is that epic made a mistake by adding a mutator to the game that turned out to be hugely popular (relatively speaking).

Makes total sense.

On the other hand. If you think that these servers are popular, in spite of the titan mutator, and would be even more popular without it. Then why not try renting your own server and setting it up without the mutator. If you're right then you should have lots of people to play with.

The nice thing about paying for your own server is that you get to set it up the way you like. Right now it seems most people who like carz like titans.

As to all the other stuff about how bad UT3 is. For the one time fee of $60 I've had thousands of hours of enjoyment. Ya it's not as polished as I'd like and ya its got its issues, but it's still better than anything else out there imo.

Thanks Epic :)

Bubbaxm2
08-06-2010, 07:07 PM
As to all the other stuff about how bad UT3 is. For the one time fee of $60 I've had thousands of hours of enjoyment. Ya it's not as polished as I'd like and ya its got its issues, but it's still better than anything else out there imo.

Yeah what he said!

100GPing100
08-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Well said Ramdom54 ;)

if all the people that complaing of the game not being perfect, just make a Game's company and make the perfect game, ho and don't forget that you will need to follow some rules of your sponsors, because they also want to have influence in the game ;)

korben44
08-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I third that, Random54. A true UT scholar!

Random54
08-06-2010, 08:48 PM
lol korben got into the wine early :)

Unit8472
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
The game is dead, epic doesn't care anymore about ut3, you could try playing ut99 it's far more polished than ut3 and has yet a bigger community, or ut2004.
Quake Live isn't a bad ideea too, but it's far to different.

azurescorch
08-06-2010, 09:20 PM
So if I get this right. You're complaining that the majority of servers (if not all) with people on them are running a certain mutator. That would make this mutator very popular. Your conclusion is that epic made a mistake by adding a mutator to the game that turned out to be hugely popular (relatively speaking).

Makes total sense.

On the other hand. If you think that these servers are popular, in spite of the titan mutator, and would be even more popular without it. Then why not try renting your own server and setting it up without the mutator. If you're right then you should have lots of people to play with.

The nice thing about paying for your own server is that you get to set it up the way you like. Right now it seems most people who like carz like titans.

I'm so so so bored of repeating myself over these topics. I have already explained why the titan server is the most populated one, explaining how it came to be most played, explained how Raptor Server's down fall had a part in this and blah blah ****ing blah I really can't be bothered replying to each individual any more.

Random54
08-06-2010, 09:22 PM
The game is dead, epic doesn't care anymore about ut3, you could try playing ut99 it's far more polished than ut3 and has yet a bigger community, or ut2004.

I'm going to do my best answering without feeding the troll too much :)

In UT3 I can find some one to play with virtually any time I want to play. Using xfire and/or IRC can help in this.

UT99 is a good game too if:
-You feel like playing a game where you can only find games through IRC
-You want to try and learn a game where even the worst players are experts, where everyone has a huge egos, and where new players are made to feel completely unwelcome.

So for competitive players UT99 is a good alternative to UT3. It's extremely polished with game play similar to UT3s. Personally I like what wall dodging does to UT3 game play and the more modern feel.

If you like UT2k4 you're probably not going to like UT3 much as these games play very differently. 2k4 isn't for me but UT3 was never for 2k4 players.

Epic doesn't care about any of the games you mentioned so that's not a valid argument to change from ut3 to any of the others.

Play the game that makes you happy. UT3 continues to be that game for me so I'll stick with it.

azurescorch
08-06-2010, 09:24 PM

That's not a bad idea to be honest. The main problem is they play quite different and of course have a learning curve, which wouldn't be too much of a problem but when playing against people who have over 6 years of experience it's quite tricky ;)
I actually found QuakeLive easier to pick up than ut99 or ut04.

azurescorch
08-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm going to do my best answering without feeding the troll too much :)

I hope that's not a comment aimed at me as I'm not actually trying to troll. -.-;

Random54
08-06-2010, 09:32 PM
I hope that's not a comment aimed at me as I'm not actually trying to troll. -.-;

Nope. I know you're not trolling, just giving your opinion. It was aimed at Unit8472. He was obviously trolling.

Going into the forums for X and recommending people all give it up in favor of Y because you deem it better is a classic tactic for trolls. Works for pretty much anything: games, politics, religion, cars, fast food restaurant, anything.

azurescorch
08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Nope. I know you're not trolling, just giving your opinion. It was aimed at Unit8472. He was obviously trolling. Going into the forums for X and recommending people all give it up in favor of Y because you deem it better is a classic tactic for trolls.

Ah ok. It's just that I do tend to argue a lot on these forums when it comes to spawnkilling, titans, etc. And it appears that people in the past have seen this as trolling :confused:. Thanks for confirming you wasn't talking about me :)

edit: Though I wouldn't consider Unit8472 as troll either tbh. The game is pretty dead now and there are more players on those other games.

«MechikTåj»
08-07-2010, 02:08 AM
The game is three years old and people are STILL complaining it's dead? FFS. Give up the ghost. Move on. Stop trolling us just because we still like a game that you don't. (Yes, saying a game is dead on its official forums is trolling). And wtf is up with people insisting on promulgating their "I'm tired of this game so I'm gonna move on to another one cuz it's teh betterz" crap? Do you really think we care? That we're gonna let that affect our own decision of what games we WANT to play? "Oh okey you hatez teh gaem I like but I follow u anyway cuz ur cool for not liking it." Give me a break. If you don't like the game that plenty of us still do, even with its issues, after all this time, STFU and GTFO.

Sadly though, I don't foresee a large influx of new players to UT3. (Save for the Steam free weekends that we're long overdue for. :D) I believe this is due to, among other things, the general mainstream sentiment towards games. It being the -easy and quick, yet short lived satisfaction so we can move on- (spend money) to the next "it" product.

Leo(T.C.K.)
08-07-2010, 11:27 AM
The game is three years old and people are STILL complaining it's dead? FFS. Give up the ghost. Move on. Stop trolling us just because we still like a game that you don't. (Yes, saying a game is dead on its official forums is trolling). And wtf is up with people insisting on promulgating their "I'm tired of this game so I'm gonna move on to another one cuz it's teh betterz" crap? Do you really think we care? That we're gonna let that affect our own decision of what games we WANT to play? "Oh okey you hatez teh gaem I like but I follow u anyway cuz ur cool for not liking it." Give me a break. If you don't like the game that plenty of us still do, even with its issues, after all this time, STFU and GTFO.

Sadly though, I don't foresee a large influx of new players to UT3. (Save for the Steam free weekends that we're long overdue for. :D) I believe this is due to, among other things, the general mainstream sentiment towards games. It being the -easy and quick, yet short lived satisfaction so we can move on- (spend money) to the next "it" product.

Exactly....shrugs I can still play old DOS games and have fun with them after all those years or I still play original Unreal. I always return to some game I liked once...

But you know, everyone is like...I want new graphics, new stuff, new that and that...but they all forget about the fun the game offer, they play boring realistic simulators or games that is more like movie than a game and makes you interact almost with nothing. That's how it has became, well lately the graphics are stagnating in games and those people cannot even acknowledge that. I know a guy who used to play DOS games in late 90s still and now all he wants is new graphics and technology and runs Linux and hates "recycled" technology like Unreal engine.
I mean seriously....

Also of course he blames consoles for this and the multi platformness, ok sure sometimes it can do something visible to the final product, but tbh I am not sure if UT2007 the way it was meant to be would be more fun. Yes it was more colorful and less desaturated from what I saw, but the gameplay was still based on UT2004 I believe. Well okay I admit I don't like jumping much in UT3, would make it a tad higher, I think UT3 demo allowed to jump a little bit higher...

Pemphigus
08-07-2010, 12:16 PM

+1 There's still pp playing and enjoying ut3 :)

coolcat22
08-07-2010, 02:22 PM
met too and i read the bullsh1t! that ppl type here yoo stop the trolling