PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we'll be allowed to port UT3 assets into bulletstorm?

HideInLight
05-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Since it's not allowed on the UDK.

Would make for a nice hybrid + I'm gonna miss all those custom content for created for UT3 :(

SonicBlade
05-20-2010, 09:11 PM
uh could be interesting but I don't see it happening. It wouldn't make sense, at least. What kind of assets? Maps? we don't even know Bulletstorm's gametypes yet (IF there'll be any different gametypes).

Mutators? They're kinda specifics to UT's mechanics also.

On the other hand, if Bulletstorm will support "mutators" of it's own, it will be really cool.

And why miss them? Don't throw away your UT3, dude. =P

azurescorch
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
No. UT3 assets are not allowed to be used outside of ut3. It's as simple as that really.

Punichan
06-06-2010, 04:38 AM
No. UT3 assets are not allowed to be used outside of ut3. It's as simple as that really.

but adding an editor for bulletstorm where players can make their own level could be pretty fun...

"make something Bulletstormy" or "bullet storm mods/mutilators"; such as zombie island of Dr.Ved (totally not related to Dr.Ned/Zed)...;)!!!!

azurescorch
06-06-2010, 06:19 AM
but adding an editor for bulletstorm where players can make their own level could be pretty fun...

"make something Bulletstormy" or "bullet storm mods/mutilators"; such as zombie island of Dr.Ved (totally not related to Dr.Ned/Zed)...;)!!!!

Oh god yes. I've just gotten into unreal editor lately and I'm working on a unreal3 warfare map with lots of help and feedback from the mapper Cr4zyB4st4rd. It's annoying mapping for unreal3 because 1, it's pretty dead and 2, it lacks all the sexy new features the newer version of the engine has. I'd buy bulletstorm just for the chance to make maps for it :D

Punichan
06-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Oh god yes. I've just gotten into unreal editor lately and I'm working on a unreal3 warfare map with lots of help and feedback from the mapper Cr4zyB4st4rd. It's annoying mapping for unreal3 because 1, it's pretty dead and 2, it lacks all the sexy new features the newer version of the engine has. I'd buy bulletstorm just for the chance to make maps for it :D

me2!!!~ map edit is fun, but I actually wanted to make mods, i plan to bring back shield function in to impacthammer, still retain the shock hammer... but learning U-script for someone like me who knows NOTHING about "programing"! like zepo! but I have SOOOOOO many things I wish to make... anyhow, I just hope I can learn Kismet in replacement for my lack of "program-ness"... So far, I can't use UT3E, something is wrong, i can't change size for my construction brush... and Nerb mode is not working, and when i subtract/add, it makes wierd triangle... so i went back to UT2K4, and start my UTE there (i should have done this 6 years ago!!!! What was I doing?!) anyhow, working on my first map, "DM-TheBox".... construction... Goodluck with yours too~

I just hope they would ship a editor for players to make their own fun level/campaign(meaning sires of levels!!~) so players can share them online to play!~ (talk about "REPLAY" value~ (i bet some jackass will put all the bosses in one arena and spawn the player in the center, and watch him/her (the player) get owned!~ ;)