PDA

View Full Version : Documentation for creating menus (UIScene + Kismet)

codeycody
05-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi,

I've been looking around for documentation in order to make a decent menu system, INCLUDING changing the game resolution and changing the player nick.

Is there any available? I find that there is a REAL LACK of information regarding this area.

I have already seen the 2 videos from 3D Buzz and the Mastering Unreal Volume II (2009), and it has not helped me. (3D Buzz goes into too little detail and Mastering Unreal Vol. II is outdated!)

Any help would be REALLY appreciated. Especially since we have a deadline coming up.

Thank you very much

geodav
05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
i doubt you'll find anyone willing, as Epic is binning UIscenes and adding Scaleform

Ayalaskin
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, just wait some time, the scaleform will come.
I hope they also add a function to save files, like fwrite and fread, the current scheme is messy.

rednaz
05-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Mastering Unreal Vol. II is outdated!

Just FYI, as soon as something gets released it becomes outdated. Hell, in some cases *cough* Mastering Unreal Vol. III *cough* an item becomes outdated even before release.

eAlex79
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Use f.e. console commands for the resolution, you can call those from your ui scene.. 'setres 1024x768x32f" for example. It's all here in the forum.

And if you don't know how your player is named I doubt you made a new game. :D Sorry I had to say this.

Edit: Oh it's an old thread anyways I guess..

codeycody
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks Alex, where exactly can I find the list of these commands (such as setres)? I'm sorry if it's obvious but the information is a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure where exactly to look.

Oh yes and it is a new game, it's just that I'm not the programmer, although I can program a bit.

Also, it's not an old thread if it's about 3 days old :p

But thanks anyways.

to the others, thanks for your replies, but I can't really wait till Epic add ScaleForm...so if you have any information that I can see now I'd really appreciate it! The thing is I don't know where to look.

eAlex79
05-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh yes american date format is reversed to what we use around here, so I thought it's from February..

Take a look at the search box and search for what you need to know, here in the Forum and in the Documentation. If you are not the programmer then I'd suggest talk to your programmer about how to name your Player...