PDA

View Full Version : Gears 3's aiming?

bobdabuilda v3
04-13-2010, 11:28 PM
It's been announced that EPIC will "embrace the shotgun" in Gears 3. When I hear that, I think of Gears 1. So...

Will Gears 3 offer Gears 1's aiming (shoot at the middle of the screen) or will Gears 3 keep Gears 2's aiming (shoot where the gun is pointing).

I am, of course, refering to blindfiring.

Wisdom Thumbs
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
It appears they'll be shooting from the end of the gun to the reticule. Before that, a lot of the time the bullets would just come from the camera (they might have fixed it for Gears 2 in a TU).

bobdabuilda v3
04-13-2010, 11:32 PM
It appears they'll be shooting from the end of the gun to the reticule. Before that, a lot of the time the bullets would just come from the camera (they might have fixed it for Gears 2 in a TU).

so gears 3 will have gears 2's aiming?

D3PRIV3D
04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
so gears 3 will have gears 2's aiming?

Not sure if I'd consider it Gears 2 aiming, more of a realistic aiming...But I suppose so, yes.

Black Winging
04-13-2010, 11:39 PM
All the time I've been playing Gears 2 I have been aiming down and to the left. So far it's worked so I don't really care.

Sh0ttyBoi
04-13-2010, 11:40 PM
It needs to be Gears 1 aiming for sure. It's causing the blindfire of the weapons to be super unreliable.

Spazzumes
04-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they are going to stick with them coming out from your gun. Coming from the center of the screen just gave way to some odd occurances that you shouldn't see in a 2011 game.

ogre 4
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
i say keep it the way it is now everyone is used to it by now and if they change it ppl will just get pissed. just like when they changed gears 2 everyone got pissed.

xDemonBrotherx
04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
I have always aimed with the center of the screen for blindfires in Gears 2 and it works for me. I honestly did not notice a difference.

E.Carmine
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I have always aimed with the center of the screen for blindfires in Gears 2 and it works for me. I honestly did not notice a difference.
Me too. I think it's pretty precise?!
They should rather fix that you sometimes can't hit somebody when he's in cover, even if he's fully visible. They should do it like for the campaign. If you can hit him, it damages him.
Above all: They will do their best, I think, to make it as accurate as in Gears1 but as realistic as in gears2. After all its going again to be it's own kind of aiming. And propably that's good.

Minja
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
It needs to be Gears 1 aiming for sure. It's causing the blindfire of the weapons to be super unreliable.

What part of that do you not understand?

Sulfuric
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
It should function like Gears 2. Blindfires are supposed to be unreliable, and bullets should come out of your gun.

There is a difference between realism and physics realism. Locust = unrealistic, but awesome.
Bullets coming from the center of your screen = not physics realistic, and therefor not awesome.