PDA

View Full Version : My simple UDK project (Updated ASAP)

fladur
02-24-2010, 12:55 AM
157 View in 24 hours!!! Thanks everyone
Sorry couldn't include the video you will have to use the link

This is some really basic footage of a simple game I’m building with UDK. There’s a lot of work to be done. I need to finish the level design (actually you are not seen any level design in the level, just a BSP brush, but there WILL be design) and the config screen needs to be implemented.

http://vimeo.com/9690473

I started creating a simple UDK based game called PlanetShift (I know the name sucks xD), the game is a simple Third Person Shooter, where you simply have to get to the end of the level. The concept is quite simple and is not intended to be a fully featured game, but it’s more a personal “put it all together” learning experience.

Read the story at my my blog (http://fladurs.co.cc/blog/unreal-development-kit/planetshift-early-state/) or at the Vimeo Page (http://vimeo.com/9690473)

Forgetful
02-24-2010, 01:23 AM
It would be cool to see any concept sketches or models you have.

mafiadude1
02-24-2010, 07:45 AM
looks awesome!
the third person cam can be a bit lower though :P

Snufkin
02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeh the Camera needs to be lower i think...

LeECO
02-24-2010, 09:04 AM
great work !!! i love the 3rd view and your character. Did u use max to rig your character? Now i dont know how to replace the default robot in UDK and add my character. What things i have to do to add my own character in?

McTavish
02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Thats a UDK supplied model

fladur
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
First of all, thanks for your feedback, ill take the camera down a little when I arrive home. The next video will have a better camera, basic level layout more matinee and some crounds xD. Your ideas are always welcome

great work !!! i love the 3rd view and your character. Did u use max to rig your character? Now i dont know how to replace the default robot in UDK and add my character. What things i have to do to add my own character in?

About the model is one of the two default characters in UDK (I like this one more than the human, plus the robots are gonna be the enemies) when I arrive home I'll send you a pm with the code to replace the default robot in UTPawn (you are using it right?)

fladur
02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
It would be cool to see any concept sketches or models you have.

Sorry, i'm a programmer so my sketches sucks xD

riowahab
02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Sorry couldn't include the video you will have to use the link

This is some really basic footage of a simple game I’m building with UDK. There’s a lot of work to be done. I need to finish the level design (actually you are not seen any level design in the level, just a BSP brush, but there WILL be design) and the config screen needs to be implemented.

http://vimeo.com/9690473

I started creating a simple UDK based game called PlanetShift (I know the name sucks xD), the game is a simple Third Person Shooter, where you simply have to get to the end of the level. The concept is quite simple and is not intended to be a fully featured game, but it’s more a personal “put it all together” learning experience.

Read the story at my my blog (http://fladurs.co.cc/blog/unreal-development-kit/planetshift-early-state/) or at the Vimeo Page (http://vimeo.com/9690473)

how u made the custom UI,and animatic UIScene?
maybe u can share here,,

fladur
02-24-2010, 08:08 PM
how u made the custom UI,and animatic UIScene?
maybe u can share here,,

Writing a tutorial about it as make this post =P

riowahab
02-24-2010, 10:52 PM

NICE!

I'm waiting. Thanks a lot.

riowahab
04-25-2010, 05:33 PM

I'm still waiting for the tutorial :D

Blade[UG]
04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Ever figure anything out, riowahab, or just beg people to show you how to do it?

riowahab
04-26-2010, 02:05 AM
;27272704']Ever figure anything out, riowahab, or just beg people to show you how to do it?

I'm not asking to you Blade[UG], anything bother you?

I'm not a programmer, so is that wrong if I asking for help here?

Denny
04-26-2010, 03:39 AM
Although Blade might be harsh with what he said I totally agree with him. You can learn a lot by trying yourself, sitting here asking people for tutorials instead of experimenting yourself is extremely counter-productive. Considering what you've managed to create in the WIP thread I bet you'd be able to figure this out. ;)

Blade[UG]
04-27-2010, 02:53 AM
My apologies for the harsh tone, I'm sorry.

But there are plenty of documents in the Documentation link on top, as to how to build UIScenes, how to animate UIScenes .. also, there are plenty of examples you can go through, the UT stuff, Dungeon Defense Demo, Whizzle, I don't know how much any of the other released UDK stuff can be taken apart, I haven't tried to get into any of that really. On the other hand, if you continue waiting on that tutorial to come up, the May release will be out, with the new Flash based UI hopefully in, and by the June release, UIScene will probably be gone.

riowahab
04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Although Blade might be harsh with what he said I totally agree with him. You can learn a lot by trying yourself, sitting here asking people for tutorials instead of experimenting yourself is extremely counter-productive. Considering what you've managed to create in the WIP thread I bet you'd be able to figure this out. ;)

Ya, I really want to learn by myself, I just need a bit of guide, a
Like a student and teacher, because as I mention, I'm not a programmer, I just know 1 simple language, HTML. :D

;27274836']My apologies for the harsh tone, I'm sorry.

But there are plenty of documents in the Documentation link on top, as to how to build UIScenes, how to animate UIScenes .. also, there are plenty of examples you can go through, the UT stuff, Dungeon Defense Demo, Whizzle, I don't know how much any of the other released UDK stuff can be taken apart, I haven't tried to get into any of that really. On the other hand, if you continue waiting on that tutorial to come up, the May release will be out, with the new Flash based UI hopefully in, and by the June release, UIScene will probably be gone.

it's ok, no problemo,

I know there is a Documentation link on top, but I cannot understand it.
I prefer some video tutorial, or more detail on the writing.
:)

I think the easiest way doing animated UIScene is by using a video .bik and put it as UIScene.
LOL