PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there working on real life like games?

SparkyUK
02-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Is there anyone working on anything that is more today themed? i.e max payne, gta, call of duty etc, basically nothing futuristic or fantasy when it comes to modeling etc..

Would be interested in helping a team with modeling n stuff if there is one.. reason being its my personal taste in games (even though i still love other games) but would be great on my CV for sending off to product design or whatever, you get the idea.

cheers :)

UPDATE: having some slight interest from some teams i notice there is some requests on work of mine, being new to modeling and other general game stuff and my background is mainly to do with sound, if its a game i seem very interested in i'll be up for spending some good time on some props aswell as some sound effects on request that havent been done for there game yet (so its possibly worth doing) - so if there is any games that fit my liking in progress or for near future development let me know, the northen ireland 1980 is definatly in my liking at the moment :D

Squiggers
02-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, to be honest mate, you could do with posting some of your work so we can see it. ;)

The project i'm working on is set in the mid 1980s, so its a bit more modern I guess. (Although now 30 years ago...)

Let me know if you're interested.

http://www.moddb.com/games/northern-ireland-pathfinder

SparkyUK
02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi mate, I've been meaning to post on that project - it looks really eye catching and especially the Deus Ex kind of RPG elements you mentioned on there.

I dont have any work posted as of yet I'm new to the forum, if you give me some props you need for the game that havent been done yet I'll have a go...

I guess the 30 year gap shouldnt be a problem, road signs, housing architecture etc is basically the same, id just retro them up a bit

is it a serious hardworking project?

PM me your msn if you have it and we'll go from there if you like

LennardF1989
02-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Take a throw here, we are looking for modellers: http://www.projectstealthgame.com. You can sign up in the "Join us" section of the forum, be sure to supply a portfolio. We also accept beginner modellers with a decent skill and the will to adjust their models according to recieved feedback.

Feel free to ask questions amoung your "Join Us"-topic regarding the team or game :)

SparkyUK
02-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Excellent art there Lennard, I'll keep that in mind im gunna check out some other groups and see which one i wanna focus on rather than jumping from one to another if you know what i mean, thanks for the interest! :)

SovietSandman
02-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey Sparky, I sent you a PM a zombie mmo, are you interested?

LennardF1989
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Excellent art there Lennard, I'll keep that in mind im gunna check out some other groups and see which one i wanna focus on rather than jumping from one to another if you know what i mean, thanks for the interest! :)
I would say "No, thank you!", but that is so cliche, so I won't :P