PDA

View Full Version : Character and Cloth

Archidemon
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
The essence of the problem is as follows:
is the main heroine of the game. In her suit has a skirt. To simplify the animation, the skirt was cut in order to use cloth simulation.

When I try to attach a skirt to the girl, nothing happens. In the game, the skirt does not appear. The socket is also not a solution.

iniside
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Been many times on forums. how to make player character cloth collide with player character skeletal mesh. So far no one knows..

Archidemon
02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Personally, I do not know where to find information on my case. I have a main character appears on the level through PlayerStart, and not through the Kismet and Matinee. I have seen here training material where you want to set the properties SkeletalMesh, standing on the level, rather than what is in the Content Browser.

syntaxerror22
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Nvidia has a phyx video tutorial series going for this very situation.

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/ue3_physx.html

check out the cloth one, the example is a skirt

Archidemon
02-12-2010, 03:04 AM
I repeat - I don't need to attach the cloth to the level of the character. I need cloth attach to the character automatically upon creation. Is there anything about this in UnrealScript?

syntaxerror22
02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Ok, I understand now, you are doing this on the player model, so you can still use sockets. You will have to attach the proper meshes to your sockets when you define the player mesh in your pawn class. I can't give any further specifics as I have not quite gotten to this point yet (don't have full assets)

Kelt'ar
02-19-2010, 10:24 PM
The essence of the problem is as follows:
is the main heroine of the game. In her suit has a skirt. To simplify the animation, the skirt was cut in order to use cloth simulation.

When I try to attach a skirt to the girl, nothing happens. In the game, the skirt does not appear. The socket is also not a solution.

Her Skirt doesn't show? YAY!

syntaxerror22
02-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Found some info here on socket code: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/SkeletalMeshSockets.html
its under the for programmers section

Looks like you can setup an attach when you spawn the player. I will mess with this tonite to see what class will need the line.

stuartb
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I would be really interested in the results of your test, since the mod I'm working on each character has cloth verts that need to collide with the player model upon spawning.

-cheers

Yorchverine
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=709921&highlight=cloth+collision&page=2

Theres a helpful setup with all the options you need for cloth to collide, in Xero´s post.
I tried it with a single skeletal mesh, no cloth as separate objects, but within the same mesh and works ok, now I just have to figure out the right settings and physical bodies because sometimes the legs get pass through the skirt...If anyone knows the best way to make this work please post..