PDA

View Full Version : My maps gone?

oO Creative Oo
02-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I've been working on a map for about three months now (It's almost done) and I went to change a few things in it and every time I Add, remove or move any mesh it crashes :eek:. And I was wondering if theres anything I can do to fix it. Thanks.

GreySkull
02-09-2010, 04:39 PM
If you open a map-file on it's own (ie: anything other than the persistent level), are you able to edit and save that without it crashing?

oO Creative Oo
02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
If you open a map-file on it's own (ie: anything other than the persistent level), are you able to edit and save that without it crashing?

Yes. it's just the map I'm working on right now that's crashing.

Deadbolt543
02-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I've had this happen to me before. One day i just opened my editor and every time i tried to load my project, it would crash. 100% of the time. My last ditch effort before i completely freaked out was to reinstall the editor. And it completely worked.

Something went wrong with one of the packages that my map was using, loading that package, crashed the editor. Not sure how the corruption occurred. I know its a nuisance but if you can try to reinstall your editor (and i mean completely uninstall and reinstall gears, then try to reopen your map file) you might have the same positive result i had.

GreySkull
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Not sure if you understood my point.

Your [mapname_P] should be the master file, with other map file levels associated with it. If you've got everything in a single level, and that crashes when you edit it, you're probably not going to be able to recover the data unless you can figure out what's causing the 'bad'.

I could be wrong.

EDIT:

Or DeadBolt is probably wiser than me :)

oO Creative Oo
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Okay thanks for the help everyone.