PDA

View Full Version : Two player game (co-op) with unreal script

allsamude
01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

I have followed the tutorial in http://theball.toltecstudios.com/tutorialudk.htm and come up with MyPawn.uc and MyPlayerController.uc, which both are called in MyGameInfo.uc. With this i managed to create my first player.

What i dont know is how to create another player with his own controller in unreal script, so that both players with separate controllers are in same viewport. Much like Little big planet co-op. Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance :)

sueds
01-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm also interested but I didn't found anything. Any official link is welcome.

Blaaguuu
01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't think you are going to find any tutorials on the subject. I haven't really seen it done yet, but as I recall there was some very crude split-screen support in UT3, even on the PC version. I don't know if there are still remnants of the code in the UDK version, but if there is, it might help a little. Otherwise, you are probabyl going ot have to start from scratch in getting the game to recognize two different local playercontrollers, with two different input controls. I'm sure that is possible, but probably not a walk in the park.

allsamude
01-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Regarding the adding of players, is there a way of adding more players without using debugcreateplayer console comand (which i cant make it work in UDK editor - play from here, dunnu why)