PDA

View Full Version : UT2004 gets framedrops after some minutes of play (10FPS OMG)

borgqueenx
01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
After not more then 5 minutes of play, UT2004 gets serious framedrops. Usally 30~40FPS, to 7~12FPS. When i bought this PC i had about 50FPS.

I have a 2ghz dual core processor from intel.
A Nvidia 8600M GT Video Card with 512mb video memory.
4GB RAM.
Super fast internet connection.

Here is what i tried to get rid of this problem:

Try playing offline and playing with less players online - FAIL.
Scanning my whole PC of virusses, malware and other **** - FAIL.
Checking CPU heat for a cause of the problem - FAIL.
Checking active processes that eat up CPU during play - FAIL, no proces that eats CPU that much.
Checking CPU - SUCCESS, the whole CPU is filled with....nothing? after not more then 5 minutes of play.
Updating all drivers of the whole damn notebook - FAIL.
Throwing the mouse around the room - FAIL.
Giving UT2004 a high priority in task manager - FAIL.
Disabling HID's in device manager - FAIL.
Calling Acer for warrenty repair - FAIL, they are stalling time so they dont have to repair my notebook.

More solutions i can try?

meowcat
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Are you playing 'vanilla' UT2k4 (no mod or mutators)? A few mods (BW, OoH for instance) have very large memory requirements. Have you checked your UT2004.log file to see if a lot of script warnings are being written?

Have you upgraded OSs recently? is your Hard Drive doing a lot of swapping?

borgqueenx
01-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Are you playing 'vanilla' UT2k4 (no mod or mutators)? A few mods (BW, OoH for instance) have very large memory requirements. Have you checked your UT2004.log file to see if a lot of script warnings are being written?

Have you upgraded OSs recently? is your Hard Drive doing a lot of swapping?

i play at servers that require mutators yes. but also in offline play, with standard deathmatch maps with no mutators, is making my pc get huge framedrops.

in ut2004 log i found this:

Log: (Karma:) Excessive Joint Error. Destroying RagDoll.
and about 100 antiTCC warnings.

Warning: AntiTCCSecurity AS-AmazingEggRace-WithEggs-v2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O30970O:0078) Accessed None 'O86270O'

No, i never did any OS upgrades or downgrades.

Nope my hard drive only acts weird the first minute i boot the notebook. i hear alot scratching. then it returns to normal and everything's fine(that means i dont hear that weird sound anymore)

wildman
01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Try reinstalling the game sometimes that helps. Clear Cache folder.

borgqueenx
01-12-2010, 10:00 AM
nope wont work. tried it 3 times.

Infernus.
01-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Get used to it, I played with it for a long time on my old pc :p

wildman
01-13-2010, 03:21 AM
What operating system are you using??? vista or windows 7????

wildman
01-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Because i notice since i upgraded to windows 7 it runs a lot better.:D:)

borgqueenx
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
im using windows vista. my notebook is being picked up tommorow by acer. i hope it will be fine after repairs.