PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people

Guns Are Toys
12-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm looking for some people to help with a game I'm currently developing. The team and game are in very early stages of development. So far we have me (Lead developer, and Leval Designer) and one other person (3d/2d artist and concept artist). We are planning on making a survival horrorish game set in a post nuclear Armageddon world.

EDIT: (New details)

Here are the basic details so far:

The game takes place after world war three, the world has been reduced to a waist land. The lands are ruled by gangs, thugs, creatures, and mutants created by the nuclear radiation. You're gang has been at war with another gang for quite some time, that is until one day they just disappear. You're group takes this as a victory and celebrates it's long awaited piece... that is until the same thing begins to happen to you're gang. Now you must unravel the mystery behind the mysterious disappearances and find out what really lies benith the waist lands.

That is the basic plot for the game. It will be a single player third person action/survival horror/mystery game. The game will be liner with a few areas to explore to find clues and other hidden secrets. Combat will mostly be melee with stuff like pipes and axes, and once in a while the player will come across a gun or two but they will have to use the ammo wisely.

That is what we have so far, the end result may be different from what is stated above.

We are looking for anyone with any skill leval, as long as you are over 13 and live in canada or usa. This is not a paying job at the moment, but depending on how things go that might change.

So, if you're interested in one of the positions listed bellow, post a replie or pm or send me an email me with you're email and example work if you want to.

We are currently looking for:
-Scripter/Programmer
-2D artist
-3D artist
-Concept artist
-Leval Designer

OrchidFace
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM
you might want to post a link to your work in the past so people can see your own skill level. People take projects like this more seriously when the leader can show they actually have worked hard and have the required skills to pull something like this off rather than just being starry eyed. After all, it seems everyone has their own ideas for a game design and skilled people generally don't want to invest their time in someone else's ideas unless the team or team leader have a lot to bring to the table (or are being paid).

Guns Are Toys
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't really have much to show at the moment, since I am kinda new to UDK. But I have experience with other engines such as Valve's source engine. I am also fully aware at what it will take to pull it off and it wont be a walk in the park. And yes I know it's hard for people to be interested in something which at the moment doesn't have much, but hopefully I can get a couple people at the moment to help get things rolling and hopefully draw in more people as things get going and we have more to show.

GRoss
12-21-2009, 01:53 AM
You might still show some of your work - a want-to-be project leader won't attract too much attention, if he has nothing to show. Perhaps you would like to get some work done by yourself and then showing it to others - this will show that you are serious and also have some skills

Good luck though!

Avocade
12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm interested I'd like to see some of what you guys have done or be able to talk with you more about it.

I'm a level designer I have been using the Unreal Editor since 2001.

Guns Are Toys
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm interested I'd like to see some of what you guys have done or be able to talk with you more about it.

I'm a level designer I have been using the Unreal Editor since 2001.

That's great, like I said, we are in early stages so not much to show, I'm waiting for my concept artist to finish some of our first concept art. Send me an email at: carterpatterson_5@hotmail.com If you wish to discuss further.

Rhinokio
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
they dont mean stuff to show on this project,, just anything to show that you know up from down. any monkey can come in here and try and recruit, but you draw the best help when people know you actualy know whats going on.

CupcakeMan
12-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm looking for some people to help with a game I'm currently developing. The team and game are in very early stages of development. So far we have me (Lead developer, and Leval Designer) and one other person (3d/2d artist and concept artist). We are planning on making a survival horrorish game set in a post nuclear Armageddon world.

We are looking for anyone with any skill leval, as long as you are over 13 and live in canada or usa. This is not a paying job at the moment, but depending on how things go that might change.

So, if you're interested in one of the positions listed bellow, post a replie or pm me with you're email and example work if you want to.

We are currently looking for:
-Someone to help with story
-Scripter/Programmer
-2D artist
-3D artist
-Concept artist
-Leval Designer

I can help with story for sure dude. Just tell me what you need.

OrchidFace
12-21-2009, 09:39 PM
they dont mean stuff to show on this project,, just anything to show that you know up from down. any monkey can come in here and try and recruit, but you draw the best help when people know you actualy know whats going on.

Exactly. People tend to get very inspired by AAA games and want to make a full scale 3d game before they know how to program their way out of a wet paper bag, or model a tooth pick.

CupcakeMan
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Exactly. People tend to get very inspired by AAA games and want to make a full scale 3d game before they know how to program their way out of a wet paper bag, or model a tooth pick.

coding a 3d game from scratch is very very hard. I myself went through it. Never again. I would much rather shell out some cash for something that is already done for me.

on the note of coding the game, we had physics, zombies, bloom shadowing, alot of shaders, height maps... == pain in the ass.

Guns Are Toys
12-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I can help with story for sure dude. Just tell me what you need.

Great, just send me an e-mail (carterpatterson_5@hotmail.com) and we can discuss further

I've added more details to the game on my first post now

Guns Are Toys
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
We're still looking for people, email me at carterpatterson_5@hotmail.com if you want more information or wish to help out.

Kasigawa
12-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Damn, i'd love to join, but i'm too busy with college work! I love the post apocalyptic theme. I agree with OrchisFace, i'd love to see some work. i'll provide emotional support! XD