PDA

View Full Version : Characters on the Walls?

Hitpawz
12-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Does anybody know if it's possible to put AI characters on ceilings and walls? I have spiders in my game and I really want to have them crawling on any angle surface and still be able to come after you.

ambershee
12-14-2009, 04:31 AM
You can use the spider physics type. You'll need to write an AI that takes this into account however.

Hitpawz
12-14-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm still at the getting familiar phase with the engine and learning some of the basics of map making plus exporting. I've yet to dive into characters but there's tons of information. Is there any available documentation on the spider physics type?

The good news for me is that I've been coding for game engines for a couple years now and have a ton of experience with OOP. Hopefully that translates well into the scripting language for this one. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, but I'll also have tons of answers hopefully too.

I'm REALLY digging this engine. After being on ones that are less than capable, this is a big step up for me.

ambershee
12-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't believe there's much in the way of documentation, since it's major implementation would be tucked away natively. SetPhysics() is the function you're largely looking for.