PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions for the community

xxxTxxxRxxxExxx
11-19-2009, 02:43 PM
1. In your unbiased opinion, what really makes someone a "noob"? (BK, scrub, etc.)

2. Why are Hail and Stasis the most hated maps in the game? IMO the more unique, the better. And besides, learning the flow of these maps aren't even that difficult

3. When did it become cool to flame even positive threads?

Losthursday
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
1. I don't consider anyone a noob. But man this question is making me think you're a noob ;)

2. Hail and Stasis are awesome. I actually have learned to appreciate them lately because I don't play them that often.

3. Flaming positive threads is the bomb diggidy all the cool kids do it.

destroyer653
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
1. Not knowing how to play the game and a general lack of respect for other players.

Hail - Enviromental effects and it is the only map that isn't mirrored.
Stasis - You get behind cover and think you are safe, but you truly aren't.

3. No clue.

UnforgivingDemon
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
1. In your unbiased opinion, what really makes someone a "noob"? (BK, scrub, etc.)

2. Why are Hail and Stasis the most hated maps in the game? IMO the more unique, the better. And besides, learning the flow of these maps aren't even that difficult

1. I don't really know.

2. I love those maps too I also don't get why people hate them their my favorite maps.

3. Some people are trolls who trash talk just for the sake of trash talking.

MisterX
11-19-2009, 02:48 PM
1: you have a bunch of xx's and v's in your name followed by letters with | next to them in general GT's like this (exaggerated for correctness, you cant have one this long with a bunch of xx's/v's but you get the point)
Example (VvVXxR|LG47V5T4|RxXVvV)

2. I just dont like hail, period(I really dont know why, I just havent found a liking for that map) Statis is an awesome map and I dont know why people dont like it, probably the boom on the top and no where to run???)

3. Ever since people post the most repetitive s*it over and over cool story brah gg, shotgun threads, why am I cool threads this game sucks threads, trolls need new material, and all the cool kids do it

xxxTxxxRxxxExxx
11-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Hail - Enviromental effects and it is the only map that isn't mirrored.
Stasis - You get behind cover and think you are safe, but you truly aren't.

Environmental effects are on maps like Avalance and Flood too, even Security. Fuel Station isn't symetrical either. Neither is Subway

SpasmaticMidget
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM

1. I hate all thoses words and never call anyone any of them. But I would say the thing people do that I hate most is steal kills. Honestly, people who steal kills are the worst people at the game IMO.

2. I actually really like Hail, but Stasis... I just find it boring. It's not that it's a bad map, I just don't find it interesting.

3. You're telling me it's not cool? My whole belief system is shaken...

destroyer653
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Environmental effects are on maps like Avalance and Flood too, even Security. Fuel Station isn't symetrical either. Neither is Subway

Yeah, and I don't generally see avalanche picked. Security's ones are quite isolated. I have never played flood or fuel station. But from what I've heard, flood isn't well-liked.

Subway isn't mirrored :confused:?

XxMostLovedxX
11-19-2009, 02:56 PM
most hated[/COLOR] maps in the game? ?

Those are my fav maps!

Tag@gears
1. the virtual rrape

2. those are my 3rth and 4rth favorite maps.

3. flaming as in meaning in a attacking post or an offense post..
yet not the ones that lead to other questions..
i dunno

xxxTxxxRxxxExxx
Yeah, and I don't generally see avalanche picked. Security's ones are quite isolated. I have never played flood or fuel station. But from what I've heard, flood isn't well-liked.

Subway isn't mirrored :confused:?

Flood is a love/hate map. When players get owned, they hate it. When they win, they love it

No, Subway isn't.

w|a|d|e
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM

1. killing me with anything! haha jk, I don't call people n00bs, but I'd say if you ONLY melee people with a weapon, then you're pretty much a scrub...

2. I don't know why these are hated, I like them both. Well, except hail when it's laggy. Invisible hail sucks, lol

3. It didn't. Every forum on the internet has its assholes. Someone trying to sound smarter than the other or some geek that has no life trying to argue any point for the sake of arguing in an attempt to look somewhat important or relevant to something in their e-lives because in real life they probably suck at everything and are probably emo.

I like positive threads, positive people, and positive charges. Positively.

These forums are pretty cool, just a few DB's in the bunch...

Anyways, who's up for a round o'shots?!?! :)

T3h Jok3r
11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I never vote Stasis, but don't mind Hail. I don't like Stasis because of Boomshot / Torque / Frags all being in one round on a relatively small map. Don't get me wrong, I love playing a Private Match with Sniper where Boom/Mulcher spawns and smokes at grenade spawn, with frags at Torque/Sniper. I love the map layout, but it always seems like my teammates can't manage to prevent the other team from getting whatever power-weapon I'm not holding off.

destroyer653
11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Flood is a love/hate map. When players get owned, they hate it. When they win, they love it

No, Subway isn't.

I see.

Well, I never see subway picked either. Though, that could just be because of the glitches on that level.

Buttertoast
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
1: When someone ONLY melee,Even while getting shot at

2:I like hail,Stasis is alright

3:This is my first post...So i haven't flamed any threads yet

SpasmaticMidget
11-19-2009, 03:05 PM
1: When someone ONLY melee,Even while getting shot at

2:I like hail,Stasis is alright

3:This is my first post...So i haven't flamed any threads yet

Buttertoast.... Ed Edd and Eddy?

Buttertoast
11-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Buttertoast.... Ed Edd and Eddy?

Actually I didn't get it from that show,Me and a couple friends made a video a couple of years ago and i was a villain named buttertoast,So i've been using it as my online name ever since.

SpasmaticMidget
11-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Actually I didn't get it from that show,Me and a couple friends made a video a couple of years ago and i was a villain named buttertoast,So i've been using it as my online name ever since.

Oh. As soon as I saw your name I had flashbacks. I loved that show when I was a kid...

BATMAN
11-19-2009, 03:19 PM
1) when a person camps with grenades ALL THE TIME just to get kills.
2) both are great maps
3) some people are idiots and don't' know how to use constructive criticism

TerrorTwilight
11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
#2 - Stasis is awesome, and Hail could be awesome if it weren't for the uneven spawns...i.e. Locust get better access to Torque each round. I don't know why Stasis isn't played more often, my only gripe with it is the spawn area, it's too big and when it gets down to one guy left on a team, he can basically hide forever if he wanted too. But Hail needs some weapon swaps to make it better, same with Subway - COG gets Torque and Locust gets Mulcher...really?

KENKRANK
11-19-2009, 03:22 PM

1. A Newb is someone new to the game...

A Noob is someone who is experienced, but still prefers to use cheap tactics to get a kill cause they know they don't have what it takes to beat the other player...

Ex. When two players get into a Shotgun Battle with wall bouncing and side roll strafing, the noob will panic and not feel confident that he/she will win, so the Noob will press the (B)***h Button for help...

2. Players don't like Hail or Stasis because of the Darkness.

Hail and Stasis are two of my favorite maps. I cannot count how many out numbered Execution games I have pulled off due to confusing the enemy...

The two maps are great cause the best tactic for winning an out numbered round, is to get you enemy to split up looking for you... then pick them off one at a time...

3. Flamers need attention. Which leads me to your question from yesterday. Why did you get those infractions points. Because looking of how new of a forum member you are, and looking at your number of threads, and looking at the very poor quality and inadequacies of qualified discussionable material...

You probably received infraction points for spamming the forums with worthless topics...

RE:

To all of those who accuse me of having modded controller, see you online.

Posted by xxxTxxxRxxxExxx 11-18-09
^ A thread stating the above is completely unecessary.

Just some advice if you'd like to keep your stay here a little longer and avoid future infractions...

Van Hooligan X
11-19-2009, 03:25 PM
1. lancer
2. i like them both actually, just my other favs come up
3. sicne the forum went down hill

Leet Pwnz0r
11-19-2009, 03:56 PM
1. Someone who doesn't "get" the game, or someone who really shouldn't be playing the game, for example, in gears of war 2, if all you do is camp for grenades and you get no kills...

2. Hail is unique, not in a good way. It's the only map that you can get a boomshot,sniper and torque bow all in one round, which is just madness, not in a good way, it sucks if your team sucks. Don't get me started on the hail...

Stasis is fine but I prefer a lot more maps before it.

3.Ehm... Dunno i haven't really seen any "cool" person doing it.