View Full Version : ganers?

miladigs
11-17-2009, 04:35 AM
what ganers can be make with UDK?

3rd person is possible?

thanks.

saymoo
11-17-2009, 05:10 AM
UDK is the compiled ready to use Unreal engine3.
It's a development platform, for creating games (geared towards 3d).
Many games have been made on the Unreal Engines, (note: not udk):
Gears of War series, Splintercell series, Rainbow Six Vegas series, Unreal series, Unreal tournament series, Batman Arkham asylum, and many many more.
UDk, since it does not provide the sourcecode, should be able to mimic/utilize some or even in some cases all aspects of many of these games, for your own game project, using UnrealScript/Kismet, and tools provided. But for some aspects you need sourcecode, which is only available with the Full license of the Unreal Engine 3, which is not the UDK license, but a far more expensive one.

Depending on your project needs, you can achieve everything with the UDK provided features (aka, tools, Unrealscript)

So, yes, 3rd person is possible.

miladigs
11-17-2009, 06:12 AM
We want make a game like gear of war.is it possible with UDK?

and what is exactly diffrence between UDk and UNREAL ENGINE3?

please help.

Nawrot
11-17-2009, 06:30 AM
UDK has newest unreal engine 3 build, so its most advanced unreal out there.

new stuff in UDK: lightmass (new light system that creates great effects with less effort), fracture meshes (stuff you can blow up and shatters to 1200 pieces), liquid surfaces, crowd control

So yes you an make GOW like game, it is what unreal engine was created for and its best at.

batmang
11-17-2009, 06:31 AM
When are people going to learn how to use the forum search feature?

Benfica
11-17-2009, 07:30 AM
When are people going to learn how to use the forum search feature?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/announcement.php?f=370&a=1

[09] We look to our community to lead by example. If you are a veteran member here, please act like one. Use this opportunity to teach and guide newer members instead of attacking them. Answering someone's question by telling them to use the search function isn't very nice, and if the person isn't familiar with the forum software, not very useful. If you know the answer, share it! Also be aware that there is always new information coming out about our games, and some things may get repeated once in a while.
:)

miladigs
11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
so thanks my dear for answer.i hav eanother question:

1.what is MOD?wna who is moder?
2.why someones says making games in UDK is mod?
3.where is editor in UDk for scripting?

thanks a lot.

batmang
11-17-2009, 08:37 AM
:)

OH! Righto! Sorry about that! I forgot this place was furnished with lollipops and rainbows! My mistake. :p
</sarcastic apology>

Xero
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
so thanks my dear for answer.i hav eanother question:

1.what is MOD?wna who is moder?
2.why someones says making games in UDK is mod?
3.where is editor in UDk for scripting?

thanks a lot.

1. A Mod with the context of video games is generally a modification of a video game to change or add elements to create new features or gameplay. Basically anything a user/player adds to a game that was not intended for my the developers is a mod.

2. Generally you make games in UDK by extending code in UDK which a lot of the time is the similar code of used in UT3. So I can see why some may say that is like modding. However you can completely rewrite that UT code to suite your game however you like.

3. As far I know there isn't one but you can use any text editor like notepad to write your script and save it as *.uc.
I use Context.http://www.contexteditor.org/
I hear nfringe is good too bit it is no free for commercial use. http://www.pixelminegames.com/nFringe.aspx

BTW miladigs I can see that English is not your first language. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking.