PDA

View Full Version : Two big thank you's :)

Green Lantern
11-15-2009, 12:06 PM
I made this thread to say I've played this game's multiplayer for about 24 days according to the stats site, and this past weekend is right up there, if not the best, experience I've had on gears of war 2.

First - Thank you PURREonline for hosting a superb event. It was cool to meet some new people and play some good guardian games. Thank you Flak / Epic for providing some of those great prizes. Congrats to all the winners - Not to mention, all the happy hearts you've made giving out Golden HB/Lancer codes this week, Flak.

Second - The main reason I've experienced gears in a way better than ever before is the smokes do nothing but create smoke - its great. Now if I gather up some smoke grenades I can toss a few at a power weapon and pick it up with cover, w/o stunning myself. Not to mention the less sticky feel of the game. The only way to get sticky walk now is chainsawing somebody. The game play is so much more smooth. I understand it is only a weekend event ATM, but it would be awesome if it was made permanent. Overall this week has been pretty great, the tactical mode wasn't my favorite but triple exp has helped me gain some where between 20 - 35 levels so far. You deserve lots of credit for trying to find a balance the community will like.
Thanks a ton

evilchris2003
11-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Agree with this totally

Tag@gears
11-15-2009, 12:27 PM
yup!
this game has gotten much updates,dlc, and overall game refreshments. so big + from me as well.
and off course because of the split up in modes, thank you rod that was spot on.

I hope this also set a trend for gow3, in terms of refreshments dlc support.

Bert Reakers
11-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I clicked on this thinking you'd be thanking me for being such a great team-mate.
But what you say is definitely true.

Green Lantern
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
bump .

RedGearMan
11-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I made this thread to say I've played this game's multiplayer for about 24 days according to the stats site, and this past weekend is right up there, if not the best, experience I've had on gears of war 2.

First - Thank you PURREonline for hosting a superb event. It was cool to meet some new people and play some good guardian games. Thank you Flak / Epic for providing some of those great prizes. Congrats to all the winners - Not to mention, all the happy hearts you've made giving out Golden HB/Lancer codes this week, Flak.

Second - The main reason I've experienced gears in a way better than ever before is the smokes do nothing but create smoke - its great. Now if I gather up some smoke grenades I can toss a few at a power weapon and pick it up with cover, w/o stunning myself. Not to mention the less sticky feel of the game. The only way to get sticky walk now is chainsawing somebody. The game play is so much more smooth. I understand it is only a weekend event ATM, but it would be awesome if it was made permanent. Overall this week has been pretty great, the tactical mode wasn't my favorite but triple exp has helped me gain some where between 20 - 35 levels so far. You deserve lots of credit for trying to find a balance the community will like.
Thanks a tonI'd have to agree aswell.

Green Lantern
11-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Bump over complaint threads.

KENKRANK
11-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Awesome thread Green Lantern... ;)