PDA

View Full Version : Few Small Queries

Swordy
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

I'm brand new to UDK, but have a few years experience of games programming in C++ already. I think I read about the new release of UDK on Gamasutra a while back and earmarked it for future playing about, and now I'm starting.
I've only just picked it up really and have a few queries, so please bear with me if this any of these stupid questions!

Firstly, is there any sort of doxygen output that's available online? I see the source of UTGame in Development directory, but my life would be made easier if such a class directory existed.

Secondly, I notice that the documentation isn't quite there yet and relies on past stuff from UT2004/UT3. I've been looking around ModDB and have seen a "My First Mutator" tutorial that I'm following. Unfortunately, it is extending the UTWeap_Enforcer class, and I don't seem to have this. Has the Enforcer being discontinued or am I just being blind?

Thirdly, is Cook just another term for Build? What exact is it building?

Thanks for any help, sorry if that was dumb.

Taxxem
11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
No idea on the doxygen but judging by what I have seen there is nothing on it.

Apparently there is documentation but they are in the process of getting it properly working. If you go in the documentation forum someone mentioned something not working properly and they are trying to fix it.

Choose a different weapon and just make the mutator off of that if the enforcer isn't offered. I haven't looked to see. Check 3dbuzz.com and go under code for unrealscript. They give some help on changing weapons around of course they are using ut3 not udk.

Cook is not like build. Build is more like the "Make" button on UTfrontend. Cook is like pre-publish. There is some stuff on telling you what cook actually does I can't remember where I saw it but I think UTfrontend may have a answer there.

SneakyToB
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
To answer your first question there is a class listing on line although it's really for UT3 specifically, not UDK. So there are some classes in there that aren't in the UDK. But it should get you started at least.
http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/scriptref/

This other site has UDK-specific class listing but isn't as easy to read through as the link above:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Category:UDK-specific_classes

As for documentation, it is a little hard to find stuff specifically on the UDK but a lot of the UT3 stuff does apply. I think 3dbuzz.com is working on UDK video tutorials that will hopefully be released soon.

Swordy
11-11-2009, 02:51 PM
That's exactly what I was after, thanks guys :)