PDA

View Full Version : Do you play for the Story or for the fun?

!Clairebear!
11-10-2009, 03:20 PM
A lot of people are complaining about the tactical mode, and a lot of people are saying they love it.

Also, a lot of people are still talking about the story.

Which one do you play for more?

I, personally love the storyline and do not care how many minor faults there are because i'm easy going. (Although if Marcus/Dom/Baird/Cole/Anya dies in Gears 3 I will overdose. I MEAN IT.)

Threnody
11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I love both. I love both the whole Gears universe (storytelling in the games, books, developer diaries, etc) and I'm massively addicted to the multiplayer.

Also I will be genuinely sad if any of those characters you mentioned dies... including Hoffman. I'm very attached to all of them, so it'd be heartwrecking. Truth is, I have a feeling someone isn't gonna make it after Gears 3... :(

ManagedCorn
11-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I play Gears of War because of the the campaign that it offers, I don't like playing multiplayer but sometimes it's fun with friends.

Toxiic Lotus
11-17-2009, 02:56 AM
I play to win.

Shadow Dancer
11-17-2009, 03:41 AM
So story mode isn't fun?

Jonesybites
11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
There really isn't anything all that original with the storyline, so I doubt masses of people are bending over backwards to buy the game "just for the story." (not implying that the story is bad)

For me, and this is just my opinion, good graphics + decent gameplay + testosterone + guns & chainsaws + playing online +"shooting armored dinosaurs with orbital lasers", while staring at their a$$ (Gears, not Locusts) as they roadie run across my 42" screen = FUN! :D

T00BSAWK
11-18-2009, 01:37 AM
I love the story to this game. I find it heart pounding, intrigueing, and eerie in a good kind of way. I also love playing this game online. Though I don't do it much and I'm not the best player out there. I'm only rank 3 and I've had this game since Christmas. I know. Lol at me.