PDA

View Full Version : some basic question about UDK

unforgiven8419
11-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Hi everybody,
i want to know, what type of game i can make with UDK?
can i create 3rd person shooter, is unreal script enough for a complete game?
does UDK have time scaling for physics and animation? and more, Time reverse?
does UDK support full features of Physx?

thank you for your response.

Solid Snake
11-08-2009, 04:48 AM
i want to know, what type of game i can make with UDK?Almost any game really. Notable exceptions are probably ones like MMOGs simply due to the lack of network infrastructure designed for those sorts of games.

can i create 3rd person shooter, is unreal script enough for a complete game?Yes. Unrealscript controls a lot of what the engine does, particularly the game play logic. Gameplay code is not how something renders onto the screen. Gameplay code is not how something is played back through your speakers. Gameplay code is not how data gets transfered between servers. Gameplay code defines what gets rendered on the screen, gameplay code defines what and when sound is played ... and so forth. Unrealscript lets you do this.

does UDK have time scaling for physics and animation? and more, Time reverse?Unfortunately time really only moves forward or pauses. While its possible to implement time reversal, it does take quite a lot of work. I think Angel Mapper might know more about this.

does UDK support full features of Physx?As far as I know, it does. But other people will have more information on that.

Red Phoenix
11-08-2009, 05:28 AM
good question, i was gonna ask the same thing

i'm hoping the UDK scripting system is enough to get a third person game like Batman Arkham Asylum going

Bifuu
11-08-2009, 11:17 AM
good question, i was gonna ask the same thing

i'm hoping the UDK scripting system is enough to get a third person game like Batman Arkham Asylum going

Considering your working with the same tools used to make Batman: AA im pretty sure you can make a game similar to it haha