PDA

View Full Version : Gears 3 Longshot

KhAoSiTy
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
How about this idea for the Gears 3 sniper....

Take an ordinary Gears 2 sniper but with a much better improved hit detection. When someone active reloads it and fires -it sounds and makes the same effects just like the gears 1 sniper (or at least something close to the original). Then when an enemy is within 20 ft -maby less? (not great in distance-wise but just imagine not very far and somewhat pretty close) anyways the sniper can active down when actived reloaded. Overall, I think this would satisfy the majority.Personally I loved the gears1 sniper.

Some of us like the active down and some of us hate it but it makes a lot of sense. The torque only needs one hit and your dead and their both considered power weapons.

please discuss

MegaShot419
10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
The active downs got annoying just because of the fact that people who sucked with the sniper went around using it like a shotgun.

In Gears 3, all the longshot needs is the return of the popshot and better hit detection.

GrumpyGinger
10-08-2009, 07:10 AM
agreed, active down from a set close distance,
regarded as a power weapon. most of the time.
the boltok has more stopping power at close range

AnimalNikki
10-11-2009, 01:37 PM
i swear sometimes i hit the head spot on and it doesnt even hit the baddie
my bf has had that too, perfectly lined up headshot, red, and it misses
its really weird
please dont post back sayin we are crap, we really arent

XxComaXxWhiteXx
10-11-2009, 04:19 PM
If EPIC would just put the EXACT Longshot in G3 that was in G1, I would be completely satasfied. Hit detection on the 2nd version truly is total crap.

gearskings24
10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
the sniper is fine just the way it is..no actives down..if you dont have the skillz to get head shot then dont bother picking it up..but it does need a better hit detection..as well as the shotgun...and for the torque and boomshot..how about less ammo...3 arrows for the torque and 2 for the boom

gearskings24
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM
better yet some maps without any power weapons

Dr. No-scope
10-11-2009, 07:39 PM
even better yet put a chainsaw on the longshot who gives a **** about pop shotting and hit detection when you've got a chainsaw.... btw this is called sarcasm

UrTimeSlipsAway
10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Make the sniper exactly like Gears1 but without the Active down, that got really annoying, Gears 2 sniper is too stiff.

Dr. No-scope
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
2-piece FTW