PDA

View Full Version : Make Something Unreal Phase 4 Submission Open

FPgundam
08-14-2009, 03:37 PM
The Intel Make Something Unreal site is now accepting Phase 4 entries. Phase 4 is the final public round of the contest and will prove to be exciting. New mods using the Unreal Engine will entering the contest and be playable for the first time. Epic Games will pick the final contestants for best mod and they will compete for the $ 1 milllion dollar prize and contract with Epic Games.

The submissions system has been upgraded and uploaded speeds have improved for Phase 4. Phase 4 also opened a few day early to allow users to submit entries this weekend.

http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/

banzato
08-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Good luck to all.

This will be really great to see. This contest is fantastic. :)

Ni-Q
08-18-2009, 04:05 AM
I have two point here:
1. The Make Something Unreal-website shows it as "Phase 3 has officially begun". I'd guess it should be phase 4 as to avoid confusion.

2. I'm wondering about this phrasing that keeps showing up in different places: " This is the final public round for contestants and the winners in Phase 4 get into the final judging round for the $1 million dollar prize and contract with Epic Games."

From what I've seen and heard, there will be no "$1 million dollar prize". The grand prize is $50,000 if the websites "Phase & Prizes" is to be believed. I thought the "$1 million contest" simply referred to it being a total of about $1 million in prizes?

Is this simply a strangely phrased sentence, or have I missed something?

Other than that, my compliments to a great competition :) It's a pure pleasure being a part of this. Keep it up!

m3fs
08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
gl and hf!!

banzato
08-22-2009, 09:39 PM
I want to upload my map for phase 4, but it says that "submissions for Phase 3 are closed". Is this an error? Because last week it was possible to enter in the submission page. Now I can´t.

Thanks.

CaptainSnarf
08-22-2009, 11:22 PM
I get the same error "submissions for Phase 3 are closed".

gargorias
08-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Well I reckon I need about another week after close date for phase 4 to get my level done.
:( Bummer, but I,m hopeful, it's a beauty!

CaptainSnarf
08-24-2009, 10:32 AM
The error "submissions for Phase 3 are closed" seems to be fixed now.

FPgundam
08-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for bringing the point up and I was able to look at it over the weekend then fix the issue.

stevelois
08-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I submit my map last Monday without any problem.

But, is there a list of submitted stuff so far ? There are so many great stuff to be submitted & I'm curious to see all of them :D

gargorias
08-28-2009, 04:14 AM
I submit my map last Monday without any problem.

But, is there a list of submitted stuff so far ? There are so many great stuff to be submitted & I'm curious to see all of them :D

:) All here (http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/phase4.aspx)

stevelois
08-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Coooooool, THX dude :D

crazyfingers
08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/phase4.aspx
I even see your map listed, good luck dude.
There really doesn't seem to be many maps in the competition. Do they screen some out, or is this all that's competing? If so that's kind of a shame :P As we speak i'm trying to get some schoolmates to put their maps in.

*Edit* woops, didn't see the second page. Well i answered it again in case you forget :P

Polyphobia
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Erm we uploaded our mod in time but it doesn't appear on the MSUC Phase 4 page, what went wrong there? :(
don't tell me i worjked throught the whole night for nothing

ah the name is Airbørn and i also got the download link from fileplanet

Successful entry!

Your entry has been successfully submitted. The URL below will be available to you shortly with downloads for your entry from FilePlanet. If the download servers do not appear, try again in a bit as our process is mirroring your file to all our servers. We will process your entry and it will be available on FilePlanet. Good luck in the contest!

Potens
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Erm we uploaded our mod in time but it doesn't appear on the MSUC Phase 4 page, what went wrong there? :(

Ohh it takes a couple of days for them to update the MSUC site. They tend to get a large number of entries on the last day.

Polyphobia
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
ok thanks for the info, my heart almost exploded when i saw it :D

www.airborn-game.com

foultzy
09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
They put them on the site manually and usually in batches of entries, so no worries.

I entered--not like I'm going to win anything though...http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8413/iconboon.gif

crazyfingers
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Gave your map a go polyphobia, saw it linked on polycount. I gotta say, it has by far the best graphic style I've seen in the entire competition, very original, and polished for a mod! Wouldn't be surprised to see you guys place in a few categories for the graphics alone.

Polyphobia
09-02-2009, 05:15 AM
thank you very much, we know that there is still plenty of things to do on the gameplay side :)
but now we have the base we can focus on something and not try to do everything at once

DarkSonny07
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM
good luck steve with your necris map in msuc 4! and too for all competitors lol !

FPgundam
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM

Actually helping people with technically difficulties is now more time consuming.
Updates will happen tomorrow striving for accuracy this time.

Polyphobia
09-03-2009, 03:55 AM
i totally understand that and thanks for the feedback, it was just in first moment a little shocking, that after the hard work we put into it didn't appear in the list, hope you understand that :)

BlvdNights
09-03-2009, 05:26 PM
I saw a few of the mods that got submitted the night of the deadline showed up today. A few of them, including my teams (Deadman's Tales) still haven't shown up. (Deadman's had some connection issues when getting uploaded.) Any update on those?

inb4 OMGWHERESMYMODRABBLERABBLERABBLE!! ;)

foultzy
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually helping people with technically difficulties is now more time consuming.
Updates will happen tomorrow striving for accuracy this time.

Is the Best Mod Level one done yet, cause I see mine in one category though not in this particular category's listings. Not rushing you or anything, it's just that that category was really my intent from the start above all and I'm hoping I can at least get an honorable mention from that, haha.

HEGI
09-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Is the Best Mod Level one done yet, cause I see mine in one category though not in this particular category's listings. Not rushing you or anything, it's just that that category was really my intent from the start above all and I'm hoping I can at least get an honorable mention from that, haha.

I'am sure not all entries have been added yet, Haunted is also missing in that category and our seperate best graphics in map entry isn't listed aswell. Last time they made sure all entries are in place before giving it to the jury, don't think it will be different here.
Just takes some time to go through all the submissions.

ethern1ty
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Same upload problem with DefendUnrealTerritories mod (errors after upload) :( Thks for helping you :D.

foultzy
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I'am sure not all entries have been added yet, Haunted is also missing in that category and our seperate best graphics in map entry isn't listed aswell. Last time they made sure all entries are in place before giving it to the jury, don't think it will be different here.
Just takes some time to go through all the submissions.

Yeah, I figured, though it's up now...Look at that massive list of entries though!

Ivanov
09-05-2009, 10:00 AM
One small thing is bugging me for a while. After reading ESPRB ratings I'm afraid that a scene from my "Assault" (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=699197) machinima containing (according to ESRB) "themes of nudity" can be viewed as Adults Only content. It's nothing too realistic and offensive however and it works more only for story and eye-candy. :)

So, is it AO content (see link) and if it is - are there penalties for it?

Scubamonkey
09-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Hello to all you fellow MSU contest mod makers... and good luck with phase four!

I submitted Millagun UT2D (for the first time) and UT2D-Killing Time again for phase four but there was some issues with the Millagun submission as the submission listing points to the wrong download page on File Planet.

I emailed my contact from the previous phases (and believe it is the same person and email as before AKA FPGundam and have PM'ed - here are the details if you did not get the original email) but so far it is still not working properly. As I stated in the email the night of the deadline:

“Thank you for your time, and sorry for the inconvenience. I tried several times to upload my submission through the website interface but had problems as it continued to time out after a short time. I did however successfully submit the map (.ut3 file) by itself before the deadline for phase 4. I later figured out how to upload directly to file planet…” and shortly thereafter had "the entire zipped install including install notes and built in shortcut at this file planet address:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/200000/204617.shtml

My earlier submission with just the map file is at this location:

http://www.fileplanet.com/204574/200000/fileinfo/Millagun-UT2D

I was hoping someone on your end could point the MSUC submission to the correct page for me. Unfortunately I was unable to make the file self extracting as I had done for phase 3, but everything is up and appears to be working properly.”

So - once again, please update the Millagun download page to the one containing the entire install of 422 MBs (not just the map of 110 MBs) as people have already begun downloading at both sites. This is the correct page for the install:

http://www.fileplanet.com/204617/200000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-3---Millagun-UT2D

Thank you very much.

-Philip Allen Donahue

ethern1ty
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Gl 4 all competitors :D

LittleMOM
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Good Luck to all in the Phase 4 :)

ethern1ty
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi,
do you know when finalist will be anounced?

Kev_Boy
10-05-2009, 02:58 PM
When Epic starts caring about this contest? ...

Phopojijo
10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Uh... they played and judged probably over 1000 mods at this point... they care.

Kev_Boy
10-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Then why are we being informed so little about it on the forums?

It's like silence... then a post for submission opening, again silence... then maybe a post that submissions have closed. Then a long string of silence... and a few months later a thread about the winners appears.

I absolutely undeniably indisputably appreciate Epic for this Make Something Unreal Contest but I can't help but feel the feedback is a little careless.

HEGI
10-07-2009, 05:43 AM
There are a couple of conventions this month and i would guess P4 winners will be announced at one of them.

What's wrong with just posting the major events in the contest ?
The only thing i'am missing is a bit of feedback on the winners. But that will hopefully happen for the grand finals.

crowl
10-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone, email notifications to all the finalists have been distributed.

If your team leader did NOT receive an email, please PM me and we'll make sure your team is provided ftp instructions for the next deadline.

Thanks to everyone who entered!

hcm2009
10-30-2009, 10:17 PM
The Intel Make Something Unreal site is now accepting Phase 4 entries. Phase 4 is the final public round of the contest and will prove to be exciting. New mods using the Unreal Engine will entering the contest and be playable for the first time. Epic Games will pick the final contestants for best mod and they will compete for the $ 1 milllion dollar prize and contract with Epic Games.

The submissions system has been upgraded and uploaded speeds have improved for Phase 4. Phase 4 also opened a few day early to allow users to submit entries this weekend.

http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/

Such a very amazing link!