PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Blindfire Tips?

l Vulgar l
07-10-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't know why, but for some reason I really suck at shotgun blindfiring in Gears 2. In Gears 1, I'm a beast even off-host and I completely wreck people. Got any tips on how to be good at it?

Izanami Okami
07-10-2009, 06:49 AM
new to the game? blindfires are aimed from the barrel now, not the center of the screen. oh and shotty effectiveness is completely dependant on connection, so may i suggest not even using the shotgun unless you have a good connection?

Chappe11e
07-10-2009, 06:50 AM
new to the game? blindfires are aimed from the barrel now, not the center of the screen. oh and shotty effectiveness is completely dependant on connection, so may i suggest not even using the shotgun unless you have a good connection?

What he said. 1,000th POST!!

XxDED PEEPOLExX
07-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Okami, has a good point. I can also suggest learning, and mastering Pop-shot. It's about the best way to use the gears 2 shotty combined with wallbouncing.

Izanami Okami
07-10-2009, 06:53 AM
What he said. 1,000th POST!!

congrats! now where did i put that confetti.........

Teriyaki Bearô
07-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't suggest using the Pop-shot, for some reason, it doesn't seem as effective as the blindfire or hard-aim in Gears 2.

-Teriyaki Bear

< Profess >
07-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Center them at 10ft +

At under 10ft, draw a bead from your gun to the center of your screen and line it up with what you're shooting. Also, the shots go lower when you are close, so aim up a little bit...

XxDED PEEPOLExX
07-10-2009, 06:56 AM
I wouldn't suggest using the Pop-shot, for some reason, it doesn't seem as effective as the blindfire or hard-aim in Gears 2.

-Teriyaki Bear

It's an acquired thing. I suck with blind-fire like CRAZY. I can only Pop-shot. But, yes, if it's laggy, just bust out the good ol' fashioned HB.

Chappe11e
07-10-2009, 06:57 AM
It's not pop-shotting anymore, it's more of a Quick Aim. True pop shotting doesn't work in gears 2. Bullet lag completely screws over the shotgun.

Thanks Izanami!

Teriyaki Bearô
07-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Or you could just buy a dot.

-Teriyaki Bear

XxDED PEEPOLExX
07-10-2009, 06:59 AM
It's not pop-shotting anymore, it's more of a Quick Aim. True pop shotting doesn't work in gears 2. Bullet lag completely screws over the shotgun.

Thanks Izanami!

It's always worked for me. Even in slight lag. If it's tooooo laggy then I just get my HB and down people in a second.

Reuben
07-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Look at your gun, Try to see where it is pointing at and shoot. You'll hit the target almost every time. Than practice doing it at a faster pace.

< Profess >
07-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Count to one if you are going to shoot with the aim up, you'll just get the hipfire spread otherwise, and there's no guarantees that it will not come out low like a hip shot either.

If you are going to hard aim, do it for opening surprise shots and on injured escapees.

Teriyaki Bearô
07-10-2009, 07:02 AM
The only thing I can say other than don't Pop-shot is to only try to blindfire at a close to medium range (at most).
At a farther range, take out your Lancer/HB, or start to take quick Hard-aims with your Shotgun.

-Teriyaki Bear

Chappe11e
07-10-2009, 07:03 AM
It's always worked for me. Even in slight lag. If it's tooooo laggy then I just get my HB and down people in a second.

Its never worked for me, but I always lag. I'm talking about pressing LT + RT at about the same time, the real popshooting.

Izanami Okami
07-10-2009, 07:04 AM

-Teriyaki Bear

yea i dont use pop shots that much either unless its from behind cover.

also when blindfiring try to keep out of melee range and try to maintain the spacing needed to do so( sometimes thats easier said than done though)

XxDED PEEPOLExX
07-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Its never worked for me, but I always lag. I'm talking about pressing LT + RT at about the same time, the real popshooting.

That's what I'm talking about too.

voodoocrescent
07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Count to one if you are going to shoot with the aim up, you'll just get the hipfire spread otherwise, and there's no guarantees that it will not come out low like a hip shot either.

If you are going to hard aim, do it for opening surprise shots and on injured escapees.

Do you mean that I need to aim (LT) for one sec before it will guarentee the shot will be more acurrate? If so this explains a lot to me

< Profess >
07-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Yup, that's right. That's why its better to hard aim or hipfire, popshots don't exist anymore.

voodoocrescent
07-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Yup, that's right. That's why its better to hard aim or hipfire, popshots don't exist anymore.

no wonder i keep missing lol

sp1tf1re
07-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I never blindfire/hipfire unless they are right up on me. In my experience it's almost always better to quick aim.

AntiCanti
07-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Hardaim for those who love to roll around mid-range.
Blindfire for close range unless the enemy is completely oblivious of your existence.

I almost never pop-shot. It has a bigger spread than blindfiring.

Gulk
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
only blindfire when they are within 8 metres, and if the game has bad lag dont use shotgun

Anthoron
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
i've stopped using the shotgun in favour of the noobsaw. at least when i press b things happen... just pressed RT with the shotgun when a guy was coming around the corner and my character poked his gun around the corner and sat there like a dick until the other guy 2 peiced me. then again, i don't play any thing but horde for a reason; the rest of it's too inconsistent to be fun.