PDA

View Full Version : For all those who have played LAN Gears 2

COG cannon fodder
06-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Is the sniper hit detection much better? Or is it the same. I feel that sometimes i make those fast shots and still it dosen't register. Yet going slower it sometimes registers

w|a|d|e
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Play multiplayer on "local" with bots on casual. Try some headshots. It's exactly the same as LAN (as far as hit detection goes). LAN is pretty intense if your friends know what's going on :)

LordofDoom
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Play multiplayer on "local" with bots on casual. Try some headshots. It's exactly the same as LAN (as far as hit detection goes). LAN is pretty intense if your friends know what's going on :)

Host with bots =/= off host with 4-10 xboxes going together.

Last time I played LAN was pre-TU3, but the hit detection for sniping off host was pretty bad, even on lan. Post-TU3 it seems like it was improved on a lot though (going off the MLG columbus stream).

Skyllus vBi
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Host with bots =/= off host with 4-10 xboxes going together.

Last time I played LAN was pre-TU3, but the hit detection for sniping off host was pretty bad, even on lan. Post-TU3 it seems like it was improved on a lot though (going off the MLG columbus stream).

You still get robbed when there are sharp angles involved. Ali had one shot where he looked straight down from the tower on River into water and the reticule was clearly on his head and it didnt give him a headshot. You can see it on the VoD of AmazYn vs Fearless.

*shrug*

Anne IFrank
06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I play on LAN a lot, and it's better, but sometimes when it's one of those crazy angles it doesn't get the headshot. I think that comes down to hitboxes though, not sure.

vBLACKGUARDv
06-22-2009, 04:33 PM
I play on LAN a lot, and it's better, but sometimes when it's one of those crazy angles it doesn't get the headshot. I think that comes down to hitboxes though, not sure.

You play on LAN all the time Matt, yeah okay. = P

Latency has a lot to do with supposedly "unregistered headshots", but a lot of it comes down to the fact that the active decides whether or not you get the dome pop, basically, if you want a pretty consistent headshot you have to active.