PDA

View Full Version : file will not upload to FilePlanet

Sanch3z
05-03-2009, 08:44 PM
We are attempting to submit a file that is approx 726mb for the contest which is well under the limit of 2gb posted. Each attempted upload, about 10 attempts, has failed. That was between 2 different people, from different locations in the US.

Something may need to be fixed please.... The third member of my team will attempt an upload tomorrow. Small files seem to upload fine.

Flak
05-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll check into it Sanchez, thanks for letting us know.

BigDog
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I was the other person trying to upload the file that Sanch3z wrote about. In my case I didn't have anything written in the additional info box and the homepage url box was left blank.

pacerx
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
It worked for me this morning. ONS 2.0 is submitted now (I hope).

Here's the FilePlanet page: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/190000/199517.shtml

FPgundam
05-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm looking into it. Did a quick test at work and I sent a large +700 mb file but work connection is +5 MB pipe. I'm doing a second test at home. Even if it works
I know people have had problems in the past with the uploads. I'm not looking past it if you guys continue to have problems. If you guys can't send it in I'll will send FTP info.

pacerx
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm looking into it. Did a quick test at work and I sent a large +700 mb file but work connection is +5 MB pipe. I'm doing a second test at home. Even if it works
I know people have had problems in the past with the uploads. I'm not looking past it if you guys continue to have problems. If you guys can't send it in I'll will send FTP info.

As stated in my previous message, I was able to successfully upload the file that Sanch3z had trouble with but I don't see Onslaught 2.0 in the list of entries for Phase 3 on makesomethingunreal.com yet... but maybe that part just takes more time.

F.Y.I. I used Firefox and uploaded from a location that has 'commercial-grade' connectivity. It still took over 90 minutes and the upload speed seemed to be throttled on your end because it maxed out at around 150 KB/sec. Usually I get 1+ MB/sec when uploading to ftp sites.

Dozinator
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey did you guys get ONS 2.0 completed?:D

Man I hope so for it Rocks.

I just checked your link and see ONS 2.0 on Fileplanet

BigDog
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah Doz, we finished it all up. Check here for the official ONS 2.0 release thread... http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=677759

FPgundam
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I saw ONS in the system. It is not on the MSU site or approved. It will be approved and might make it on MSUC site tonight if i work late or tomorrow morning.

The downloads speeds are not very enthusiastic...:mad: I even gave a fit about it because it's bollocks and I work for FilePlanet. They should get a speed boost soon because even the DL are getting sluggish. :crossfingers:

HEGI
05-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I tried submitting the new haunted version a few times and it always failed.
I'll try uploading it to FP the usual way and pm'ed crowl. Hopefully that works now.

Would be nice if the upload system gets fixed for phase 4. Or at least allow mod authors to submit an alternative link.

Dozinator
05-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Woot ONS2.0 is on the MSU page.

FN UT3 PC ONS2.0 5v5 Ladder online. :D

http://www.fraggednation.com/standings/pc/unreal-tournament-3/UT3-PC--5v5-ONS2-1139