View Full Version : Chronicles of John Carmine Beta demo

GridlockShock
04-17-2009, 02:17 PM
the beta for the john carmine beta is now open

go to the link below for more info

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=664419

darksin
04-17-2009, 04:16 PM
finally the wait is over, thx all the long hard work man !!

u see lance and gears FPS are my 2 favorate mods from all the beginning...

epic should reward all of you....

Welis
04-23-2009, 07:48 AM
finally the wait is over, thx all the long hard work man !!

u see lance and gears FPS are my 2 favorate mods from all the beginning...

epic should reward all of you....

Where do you ontain Gears fps mod!? I've looked anywhere and couldn't find it. :o

And btw, really nice mod! I shall DL is soon as I get my GoW back to install. ^^

darksin
04-23-2009, 12:39 PM
this john chronicle is the FPS mod, gridlock worked a long time on this project...

Kantham
04-24-2009, 11:09 PM
You guys know you'd get 90% more ease by doing this for UT3, right? It use the same engine, only updated and more stable, complete access to Uscripting. Looking like a nice progress, but you're stuck with a tool that barely allows modding.

Not to mention that you'd get more views/downloads, and could also win MSUC prize for mods.

I'd consider a move, looks like a nice start.

TheFreeman
04-25-2009, 05:32 AM
I guess that's part of the challenge. Pushing this engine, so it can do more.

Taffer
04-30-2009, 12:48 AM
I've got to agree with Kantham on this one. As much as I would like this mod for Gears of War as it's the game that I have and love, he's 100% correct. This editor was simply not built for mods. Sure, it's "a challenge", but there's just so much more you could accomplish with UT3 that I think it'd be best for the mod to do so.

I stick with the Gears editor because I prefer mapping for the gameplay style of Gears, but if you're not tied down to the cover system and things like that in this game, then definitely move up to UT3.