PDA

View Full Version : Gears of SUPER Lag 2!!!

Arcanum
03-26-2009, 03:12 AM
What the hell is going on in every match, I live in Mexico, so this stupid region filter has ruined my gears experience, it finds matches with extreme lag, I can't explain how much and by looking to the profile of the host, he's always from Mexico, so there you have it, I played 6 consecutive matches with extreme lag, imagine if I quit?, -9000 points, stupid region filter, of course I didn't quit, but I waste more than a hour of my time just hidden in the map.

EPIC, you need to do something quickly or this game will be unplayable for us, of course there are matches with good connections but the majority of the times there's lag. You should have put a little bit of more thinking to these situation because GOW2 is the laggiest game in the history of video games. And no, I don't have lag in Halo 3 or COD4, neither games I owned from the other console.

bigpoppa213
03-26-2009, 03:15 AM
maybe you just need to get better internet

Phoenix27Kira
03-26-2009, 03:18 AM
saludos hermano, yo tambien vivo en mexico. Now, talking about that, i think im forced to loose somehow,i still get host sometimes and i really hate it, cause ISP's suck here, we can only play offhost. but when someone with terrible connection host he is forced to stay because of the penalization, and the team that does not have the host, its a sure match lost to them so WTF!?? if epic implemented this system based in penalization by quitting a match, the MUST have include a host selector to pick up the best host.

Phoenix27Kira
03-26-2009, 03:21 AM

thats impossible, theres nothing we can do about it, here the isps suck big ball$, and if we pray for a 2!! only 2!! Megaf+uck upload 512 kb/s thats the maximum we can reach, and the worst part, is that that service costs a lot, really a lot, so its horrible. i got myself a 800 kb down, 80!!!! kb up, and i still get host? f'uck that. BS.

Arcanum
03-26-2009, 03:40 AM

Better connection?? The internet company's here sucks and they are very expensive, is the system that is not right for some people or countries, for others, for example the USA that I think they don't have any lag.

The region filter implemented in Mexico sucks.

jairohhh
03-26-2009, 03:51 AM
sorry guys its ur connection ...thats not epics fault

Mr 88
03-26-2009, 04:05 AM
Before anyone else responds with something as ignorant as 'it's your connection', stop.

It's not, the region filter and cheater detection codes that have been added are slowing down everyone, just a little. Some, considerably more than others and this is not dependent on your internet connection.

DJWhizzkidd
03-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Before anyone else responds with something as ignorant as 'it's your connection', stop.

It's not, the region filter and cheater detection codes that have been added are slowing down everyone, just a little. Some, considerably more than others and this is not dependent on your internet connection.

no, it is their connection. Mexican hosts are notoriously bad.

seight
03-26-2009, 04:09 AM
The problem appears to be the poor ISPs in Mexico. I'm not trolling but we've all seen what happens when we join Mexico hosts, and here we have Mexicans themselves telling us how bad it is. What can you do about it really? Make it like it was before and then affect lots of other players too? At least this way the problem is contained.

Tricky D
03-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Epic have basically give a big "screw you!" to people in this game that have a bad connection. First of all, Gears is laggy as it is. Now, you have Region Filters that are RETARDED. I ALWAYS get matched up with Americans. Never any fellow Brits or Europeans. And when we get host, we get 0 exp for suspected cheating? WTF? If you want to penalize for quitting then choose the BEST HOST. IT IS ONLY LOGICAL. Who the **** thought that choosing a random host would be the best idea? It astounds me.

Mr A here has 2 Download and 512 Upload
Mr B here has 20 Download and 5 Upload.

But Epic's system decides Mr A is the host of this game, leaving other players playing under horrible lag. That is the problem with this game. NO HOST SELECTION.

DJWhizzkidd
03-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Epic have basically give a big "screw you!" to people in this game that have a bad connection. First of all, Gears is laggy as it is. Now, you have Region Filters that are RETARDED. I ALWAYS get matched up with Americans. Never any fellow Brits or Europeans. And when we get host, we get 0 exp for suspected cheating? WTF? If you want to penalize for quitting then choose the BEST HOST. IT IS ONLY LOGICAL. Who the **** thought that choosing a random host would be the best idea? It astounds me.

I live in England, and get matched with UK players all the time. I have been host and had Americans, Mexicans on my team. I never get 0XP.

If you are getting 0Xp when you are host, there is something wrong with your connection.

Arcanum
03-26-2009, 12:01 PM

But Epic's system decides Mr A is the host of this game, leaving other players playing under horrible lag. That is the problem with this game. NO HOST SELECTION.

That's right, but here in Mexico, if the 10 players all have bad connection, it doesn't matter who is host because lag will be present anyways and that's what is happening to us with the new region filter. This sucks.

Nectie
03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
i feel you my brother, i have been lagging a lot yesterday i played with someone from cambodia and it was hell, theres not a lot of games in colombia i think but man...

te siento hermano jugar asi es imposible, todo lo que puedes hacer es prender la motosierra y caminar solo para darte cuenta que terminas en el spawn

xBytes
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
this is because JG region preference is actually a region failure and matches you with only hosts from the other side of the world, thus giving you massive lag

this is why there is massive lag

urMiNE90
03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
This is why they should add an option before searching for a game. Give you a choice of region or best connection. I have no problem with this. When I play I'm almost always host (after TU3) and if I'm not I get people from Norway, Denmark, Germany and England. All with great connections.

antspurs
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM

so true(10 char)

The Last Locust
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
gears 2 is lagging for me to but i live in england and my connection is ok not great. i have 2mbps up and 8mpbs down and i keep getting put into unplayable matches... Its really annoying i have to keep leaving and loose exp.

Id rather wait 15 mins and be put into an england match than 5 mins and a laggy match

antspurs
03-26-2009, 12:31 PM
my connection is amaing i have 20mb broadband i live in england. i never lag on any other games, but this game i do unless i am host

Gears Ninjah
03-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Hey I agree with that man.

Sure it may still lag, but I haven't heard from anyone that it's lagging more after TU3 than before TU3.

Progenitus
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Sure it may still lag, but I haven't heard from anyone that it's lagging more after TU3 than before TU3.

You must have been reading the forums then.

Gnut
03-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I have a 10 mg downlad and 3 mg up so I dont think when im host others lag much but then again Im usually not host at all. I guess if your playing in mexico your sol since the best connection you can buy is probably not good enough for you to host and the region filter is probably matching you up mainly with other mexican players. I think from their point of view they rather join a match that an american player is hosting (which I dont think would affect other players much since they are not hosting) instead of hosting it themselves.

Arcanum
03-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Hey, read again my first post of this thread, use a little bit of your brain and analyze the situation here and then post something logic.

Is not about better or worst connections, before TU3 we had a lot of good matches because a lot of the hosts were american people which was better than now, what I was trying to say so everyone can understand is that this region filter is affecting countries that have bad connections and EPIC need to do something about it.

THEMUSS
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
i'm from the uk exp 20 and never played with a mexican and only a handfull of unplayable games until TU3. since then i have only played with 2 uk and at least 5-6 mexican hosts with unplayable lag, hosts from hong kong, hosts from israil, italy france, states. What a joke.

i love this game so much but matching up with these hosts is a ****ing joke

Nightlytaz
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
This region filter sucks. Im from the uk and have a wicked connection 48 meg download yet all we ever seem to play is people from taiwan, bengldash and crap like that. For me this region filter has made it even worse than it was before.

CRYSiiS
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Jump the border!!!

No offense but it's not really EPIC's fault. Maybe Euro should be Eastern U.S. or just European filters but for us in the U.S. we no longer get foreign hosts, it's working well for us. It's not EPIC's fault that Mexico doesn't have good internet...

Vio
03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Yea I noticed that as well. I play with my uncle on xbox live a lot. He lives in mexico and I have to host most of the time in private matches cause the internet over there is extremely expensive. Whenever we play on ranked matches I have to host the party to lesson the spikes of lag that we sometimes get but it's not that bad until we start playing with more then 4 mexican players where the filter makes us all go to mexico and it lags a bit.

RHG
03-26-2009, 03:20 PM
What the hell is going on in every match, I live in Mexico, so this stupid region filter has ruined my gears experience, it finds matches with extreme lag, I can't explain how much and by looking to the profile of the host, he's always from Mexico, so there you have it, I played 6 consecutive matches with extreme lag, imagine if I quit?, -9000 points, stupid region filter, of course I didn't quit, but I waste more than a hour of my time just hidden in the map.

EPIC, you need to do something quickly or this game will be unplayable for us, of course there are matches with good connections but the majority of the times there's lag. You should have put a little bit of more thinking to these situation because GOW2 is the laggiest game in the history of video games. And no, I don't have lag in Halo 3 or COD4, neither games I owned from the other console.

Whoever you are playing with in Mexico have cheap internet connection. Yours might be good but not the other players in Mexico who are hosting.

I love region preference!!!!!!!!! :)

Dormiglione
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
This region filter sucks. Im from the uk and have a wicked connection 48 meg download yet all we ever seem to play is people from taiwan, bengldash and crap like that. For me this region filter has made it even worse than it was before.

same here, before TU3 i never had to fight against japanese or hong kong parties.

RHG
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
thats impossible, theres nothing we can do about it, here the isps suck big ball$, and if we pray for a 2!! only 2!! Megaf+uck upload 512 kb/s thats the maximum we can reach, and the worst part, is that that service costs a lot, really a lot, so its horrible. i got myself a 800 kb down, 80!!!! kb up, and i still get host? f'uck that. BS.

If you are playing with 800k/80k you should try to get a better connection.

Vio
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
same here, before TU3 i never had to fight against japanese or hong kong parties.

Tell me about those ****ers they cleaned my ass twice.

shiptoncraig
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I can see why you would be frustrated, but your connection shouldn't screw up other people's game who live in different areas/countries. It's not something Epic can resolve.

telefonmann
03-26-2009, 03:39 PM
i live in germany and im lagging like ****. why am i getting matched up with americans always? yesterday ive had some nice games.. but today only laggy crap games.

Dormiglione
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I can see why you would be frustrated, but your connection shouldn't screw up other people's game who live in different areas/countries. It's not something Epic can resolve.

but if they are not able to program a matchmaking system that works, then they should introduce back the System from gears1 with the connection bar. So i can decide if i like to join a red connection super laggy match or if i like to join a lag free white connection match.

Arcanum
03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
but if they are not able to program a matchmaking system that works, then they should introduce back the System from gears1 with the connection bar. So i can decide if i like to join a red connection super laggy match or if i like to join a lag free white connection match.

I agree with you man, that connection bar is way better than what we have now, EPIC is always trying to change, they like to experiment in different ways but instead of making it better, the lag is getting worse and worse.

Nightlytaz
03-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Well I think it should show us the connection strength before we join least that way we can choose our matches :)

Wompuskitty3
03-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Again, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing the same problem. Nearly 3/4s of all the public matches I've been in had noticeable lag. About a quarter of them had 2 or more second bullet lag. Whats the deal epic? And please don't say it's my connection I have Comcast Blast! which is 20mbs Download with Powerboost and 5mbs Upload.

DJWhizzkidd
03-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Epic have the ping threshold too high. 200Ms is not playable.

They need to lower it, so if there are no local games you wont get thrown into a match with someone from halfway round the world.

Dormiglione
03-27-2009, 03:18 AM
same here, since TU3 i get connected with Hongkong, Mexico, Brasil, Chile even Japan. Something goes terrible wrong. Would love to have the connection bar.

Cosmic
03-27-2009, 03:26 AM
I agree with you man, that connection bar is way better than what we have now, EPIC is always trying to change, they like to experiment in different ways but instead of making it better, the lag is getting worse and worse.

i really hated that hosting style.
I would be there for 2 hours with 3 of my friends in the game without anyone coming in. It is just so inconvenient and it isn't very efficient in the long run xD.

Gonzo345
03-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Epic has to change the regionfilter latency limitation 200ms to a lower number. Not ever you join in a match with 200ms or lower.

Yes, if you modify that number it can take more time to search a match, but I preffer waiting 5 minutes searching for a DECENT match not 20seconds searching for a laggy match that has a duration of 20 minutes minimum:mad: , and I can't leave because, if I leave, I'll lose EXP points.

Epic should active any option as, if the match has more than 200ms latency, EXIT TO THE MAIN MENU option at the Start button was active, with no EXP point left.

Glitches of Lag 2
03-27-2009, 04:26 AM
my connection is amaing i have 20mb broadband i live in england. i never lag on any other games, but this game i do unless i am host

That's because too many people have crappy connections and like the first gears game. You do need a good connection or you get lag with gears.

Gonzo345
03-27-2009, 04:28 AM
That's because too many people have crappy connections and like the first gears game. You do need a good connection or you get lag with gears.

No, this game SHOULD connect you to another people living in your country/region, that's the fault. I'm from Spain and even if I play with UK people, it's not laggy.

KillerKink
03-27-2009, 04:32 AM
Maybe EPIC can consider not using region filter for Mexico since their ISP bw limit does not allow them to host a proper match.

But sadly, I hope that if they remove the filter, Mexican should not get to host. I have played a couple of matches hosted by Mexican and the lag is so great that its unplayable.

Glitches of Lag 2
03-27-2009, 04:37 AM
No, this game SHOULD connect you to another people living in your country/region, that's the fault. I'm from Spain and even if I play with UK people, it's not laggy.

With a good connection you should be able to play with anyone around the world. At the end of the day why can't 10 people play an online game over the internet without any lag. When i host and i play with my american friends its fine no one crys about the connection. So my point is, if you have a crappy connection and you host a game with other people around the world they will have bad lag of you. That's half the problem. Epic need to put everyone in a lobby before the game starts and pick the best host out of the ten people all the time. If you have a crappy connection and never get host thats your problem. :rolleyes:

Gonzo345
03-27-2009, 04:51 AM
With a good connection you should be able to play with anyone around the world. At the end of the day why can't 10 people play an online game over the internet without any lag. When i host and i play with my american friends its fine no one crys about the connection. So my point is, if you have a crappy connection and you host a game with other people around the world they will have bad lag of you. That's half the problem. Epic need to put everyone in a lobby before the game starts and pick the best host out of the ten people all the time. If you have a crappy connection and never get host thats your problem. :rolleyes:

Huh, sorry man, but I get host more times that you could imagine :p

Yes, seriously, if I play with French people, no lag, with UK people, no lag, even if I play with European people there is no problem. Yes, in Spain we haven't got a veeeery good latency times, but it's "suficient".

If I play with USA people, all the cases, I play with laaaaaaaaag. There was only 1 match, the first since I updated the game to TU3, what I played with USA people and doesn't suffered lag, awesome.

I don't know the problem, the only think that I know is that everybody who plays this game, in the most cases, suffers lag.

Crappy connection it's a problem when you are the host. When you are a client, with 3-6KB/s upload, it's sufficient, that's what the game consumes of upstream bandwitch.

Dormiglione
03-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Epic has to change the regionfilter latency limitation 200ms to a lower number. Not ever you join in a match with 200ms or lower.

Yes, if you modify that number it can take more time to search a match, but I preffer waiting 5 minutes searching for a DECENT match not 20seconds searching for a laggy match that has a duration of 20 minutes minimum:mad: , and I can't leave because, if I leave, I'll lose EXP points.

Epic should active any option as, if the match has more than 200ms latency, EXIT TO THE MAIN MENU option at the Start button was active, with no EXP point left.

agree 100% with you. If the match has more than 2 seconds bullet lag i should be able to leave without a penalty.

DJWhizzkidd
03-27-2009, 05:22 AM
agree 100% with you. If the match has more than 2 seconds bullet lag i should be able to leave without a penalty.

You do realise that 200ms is in fact 0.2 seconds , not 2 seconds?

There are 1000ms in a second.

Now Epic says the ping limit is 200ms, yet I reguarly see bullet lag in excess of 2 seconds, sometimes up to 5 seconds.

Something is not working correctly or I completely mis-understand what latency is.

SHOGUN 47
03-27-2009, 05:35 AM
The game still lags for me, just not as bad as before.

Cosmic
03-27-2009, 05:39 AM
I'd sit in a lobby for an extra 3 minutes each game so that the server can run speed and latency tests on the party leaders in the match to find the best connection for all of those people

Glitches of Lag 2
03-27-2009, 05:46 AM
I think one thing we all agree on. We don't mind waiting in a lobby whilst the game picks the best host and that doesn't matter what country its from. I still leave the game if i get a laggy connection and i'm not being made to stay in a 30 min game! wasting my time playing crap. I don't care if i lose XP big deal EPIC. Try sorting this lag problem out before making us play crap!!!

carlmc25
03-27-2009, 06:08 AM
thankfully this only lagged once on me last night in 6 games, but usually I encounter a lot of lag. Host is so ridiculous, I was host once and had 19 kills inside 7 rounds on Ruins without breaking a sweat - a grenade blew up under my feet yet didn't kill me but killed two of my team mates. When this game doesn't lag it is SO brilliant, when it does lag it's so frustrating. Had one game with a lag switcher as well yesterday, the only one I've seen since the update.

seight
03-27-2009, 06:09 AM
They need to completely ignore trueskill, limit ping to 100, and allow a bit longer for the local search. I'd rather be crushed by a good player on a decent connection than play people of similar skill on a rubbish connection.

DJWhizzkidd
03-27-2009, 06:10 AM
They need to completely ignore trueskill, limit ping to 100, and allow a bit longer for the local search. I'd rather be crushed by a good player on a decent connection than play people of similar skill on a rubbish connection.

I would be happy if they did this.

Dormiglione
03-27-2009, 06:44 AM
agree 100% with that

Pinwino Malvado
03-27-2009, 07:33 AM

im from mexico and i have 20 megabytes download and 2.5 megabytes of upload but i think this speed its only in monterrey

Black RL
03-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Maybe you need to:

-Get rid of the wireless connection
-Get a better router (that's what I did9
-Get a full Mexican team
-Get better internet
-Disconnect all other things from the internet, just leave the box alone!

Good luck!

Dormiglione
03-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Maybe you need to:

-Get rid of the wireless connection
-Get a better router (that's what I did9
-Get a full Mexican team
-Get better internet
-Disconnect all other things from the internet, just leave the box alone!

Good luck!

But this does not prevent that i (european) are matched with people from Brazil, Chile, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico ....

Arcanum
03-29-2009, 05:02 PM
The system is so wrong because it gives host to the person with worst connection, the LAG is super horrible since TU3, worst than ever.

EPIC you need to do soemthing.