PDA

View Full Version : The Chainsaw Dodge

HuSKeY
03-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Now what I have noticed is that Epic have added a new application for the chainsaw for every game, but maybe they could add and new one for Gears of War 3 or maybe TU4, The chainsaw dodge.
Gears of War 1: The Chainsaw its self.
Gears of War 2: The Chainsaw Dual.
Gears of War 3 or maybe TU4: The chainsaw Dodge.
We all hate the chainsaw, it is overpowered at times. You can try to keep your distance from it but it can be hard at times considering that the enemy chainsaw user can be difficult to stun and you'll have more enemies shooting at you and slowing you down, we've all experienced that. So I have an idea. The chainsaw dual was a great idea, it stop to chainsaw users running at each other and seeing by luck who will win, but if you are holding another weapon besides the lancer, you have no defense against the chainsaw, so this is were my idea comes into play. If someone is running at you with the chainsaw the defender who is the one trying to dodge the attacker who is the one using the chainsaw, could have an icon pop up on there screen showing one of the four coloured buttons on the Xbox controller and when you press the button at the right time, you will roll away from the chainsaw or. It could be done as when the defender is being attacked by the attacker they will both be brought into a little segment were the camera will pan to the front of the defender if he is being attacked from the back and when the defender is being attacked from the front the camera for both the attacker and the defender will pan to the side of the defender while still showing the attacker and the same process will happen were the defender will have to press one of the coloured buttons to roll away from the attacker.

Those are my ideas but if you have any other ideas about the chainsaw dodge or if you even agree with the Chainsaw dodge idea let me know, Thanks.

Styromaniac
03-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry. I understand you want chainsaw dodging, but the way you explained how the whole thing would work out is confusing. You should revise your post so readers could give you a response without being confused. I'm sure the confusion is why nobody commented on it.

HuSKeY
03-22-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm sorry if you find the post confusing. I typed this out at the middle of the night so I'm a bit tired but I wanted to post this before going to bed. I will revise it tomorrow and thanks for telling me.

kami790
03-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I agree, the time you would have to dodge has to be extremely short though, or else it would be too easy to dodge. Would you just roll away from the attacker or would you be able to attack him after you dodge?

Invader Skooj
03-22-2009, 02:13 AM
I would stick to a roll.

Styromaniac
03-22-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm sorry if you find the post confusing. I typed this out at the middle of the night so I'm a bit tired but I wanted to post this before going to bed. I will revise it tomorrow and thanks for telling me.

Alright. I got it now. Maybe it was me not putting it all together right. Don't worry too much about the readability. Just turn the run-on sentences into smaller sentences or add other punctuation between all those words, then you should be fine after that.

Styromaniac
03-22-2009, 05:00 AM
In real life, nobody could be so oblivious to the fact that a loud revving chainsaw is coming for them from any direction, so I agree with you, HuSKey.

If that happened to me, my ears would pull my glasses against my nose where it rests and that's where I would feel it happening as a result. I know it's strange. It reminds me of a cat who's alerted by a slight audible change in its environment and turns its ears, but don't worry because my ears don't rotate, they moreso pull backward slightly. I know cat ears respond automatically, because I know what it's like. XD

Basically, what I just said is that I would know if the sound of death was coming from behind me in real life.

Cabooseli
03-22-2009, 05:51 PM
I like the idea but I don't think you should be able to dodge a chainsaw from behind. If they were able to get behind you and chainsaw then they deserve that kill. Also after dodging both players shouldn't be able to shoot or melee for a short time(maybe 2 seconds) afterwards. This would give the defender enough time to get to cover to avoid getting chainsawed or shot.

Animal chubs
03-22-2009, 06:31 PM
ok i dislike this idea but i have put some thought in countering the chainsaw, my main idea is using any light weapon to block the chainsaw, then button mash b to try to counter it. ( like a normal chainsaw duel) then after you win the duel you would just knock the enemy over.

Seckser
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
If you press (A) you roll. END OF THREADS

AcidGlow
03-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Chainsaw is meant to kill upclose but alot of ppl complain about it. I got killed with it but the only prob is shooting a revved up chainsawer doesn't UN-rev their chainsaw.

mx266
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
i think people should learn to simply roll away...but another cool idea would be to be able to just raise whatever weapon you have to block it and then just roll away...but that will never happen so just learn to roll away.

Revamp87
03-24-2009, 02:05 PM
sounds like you are taking a RE5 idea and applying it to Gears

itsbig chief
03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
If you press (A) you roll. END OF THREADS
Exactly, its always easy to roll and shoot to kill the would be chainsawer!