PDA

View Full Version : The HAMMERBURST

Tool Junkie
02-28-2009, 12:13 AM
In gears 1 the Hburst shot 6 rounds in a burst and now in gears 2 it is semi automatic not a bad weopon I just wish they had both of these ideas put in the game. anyway my question is do you prefer the Gears 1 Hburst or the Gears 2 Hburst

MsDevilKitty
02-28-2009, 12:16 AM
i much more prefer the second one. i like how yu actually have to be able to aim it to use it now, unlike firing a burst or 2 and dropping them

Shadow Dancer
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
For me the old HB just became the Gorgon.

I like essentially being able to carry both...

Deicide73
02-28-2009, 01:41 AM
I like the second HB better for being more accurate. I just wish that the 2nd. HB had the same amount of ammo that the first one did.

-LockOut-
02-28-2009, 03:10 AM
2nd one by far cos u can down ppl much quicker even with shorter ammo. And the first hammerburst wasnt as good even though it was accurate so i wud hardly pick it up.

n00bie51
02-28-2009, 08:08 AM
When I heard that the Hammerburst was going to fire in single shots, it bothered me because it was called the Hammerburst for a reason. However, gameplay wise, I don't mind it and I prefer it over the Lancer in multiplayer.

BrendanL
02-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I prefer the Gears 1 Hammerburst but IF (big if) I go back to Gears 2, I would choose the Hammerburst over the Lancer.

TwobbelZ
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I like the original HB in Gears 1 for how it looked and its burst capability, but it felt a little unaccurate. The Gears 2 HB I think is much better, but a 20-23 shot magazine would have been nice, 17 can run out quick at a bad time.:eek:

Sgt Chubb
03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
For me the old HB just became the Gorgon.

I like essentially being able to carry both...

When I first saw the Gorgon, I actually said to myself "A handheld Hammerburst?"

I prefer the new one; I love semi-auto weapons in games.

warrengotstick
03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I use the hammerburst on gow2 and rarely did on gow but it wasn't a starting weapon so I don't know the full extent of the original hammerbust. I absolutely love the one in gow2, at first I couldn't keep consistent shots but now I can better.

VTK Exodus
03-02-2009, 05:31 AM
In gears 1 i would use the hammerburst on fuel depot or gridlock as a last resourt, or i was hosting and was bored. though it seemed to me as an overpowered weapon. no one took it seriously, so they would go at you without thinking if you had it most of the time. but melee does damage, and blindfiring actives with it was strong.

gears 2, since it is a startout weapon, i use it more.
i perfer it over the lancer (shoots someone down in a few shots if your good at aiming/ fast trigger finger, helps out with those 2 piecers that run up to you -stopping power works WOW-, and no chainsaw -personaly i hate the chainsaw....takes no skill-)

so id say i perfer the gears 2 hammerburst.
1. for its ease of access
2. for 7-8 shot downs
(i like shooting people down fast -.-)

mlv8103
03-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I love what they did to Hammerburst. It was irrelevant in the first game, and by making it beast, they actually provide a nice alternative to Lancer.

muddy
03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
In gears 1 the Hburst shot 6 rounds in a burst and now in gears 2 it is semi automatic not a bad weopon I just wish they had both of these ideas put in the game.

How do u expect to have a semi automatic burst rifle???

The man who invented that would get a massive cookie

BTW HB + shotgun 4 lyf nd the HB was better in the second one where it could outmatch the lancer for power:D

muddy
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
i perfer it over the lancer (shoots someone down in a few shots if your good at aiming/ fast trigger finger, helps out with those 2 piecers that run up to you -stopping power works WOW-, and no chainsaw -personaly i hate the chainsaw....takes no skill-)

AGREED
i also hate the lancer
visit the web page www.freewebs.com/ih8chainsaw

:confused:;):D

THE P1TMAN
03-02-2009, 12:21 PM
i love the gow2 hb.

i also think it suits the locust more, being slower fire and powerful (hammerburst/boltok) like the drones and how the gorgon its quicker like the kantus :D

DanielD
03-04-2009, 05:57 PM
The hammerburst in GOW 2 is godly. When my trigger finger finds that sweet spot in RT where it registers your shot I can empty a clip in 2 seconds

must be all that 'practice' I've had moving my right wrist so quickly

MrKill1234
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Man i love the GOW2 hammburst. One day i was like PO'D at the lancer for some reason so i decided to use the hammerburst and i love it soo much now that i might never use a lancer again.