PDA

View Full Version : Epic dont touch my chainsaw!!!!!!!!!!!! (please read)

Pages : [1] 2

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Hello community of the gears of war forums.

I am here today to ask you a question. Is it so wrong that not everyone plays the same way you do? Is it so wrong that people use weapons that are in the game for a reason? Is it so wrong that not everyone runs around with a shotgun flipping around like ninjas? Why do you all feel it necessary that everyone in the game have the same playing style as you?

I enjoy that the chainsaw is actually effective because it adds variety to the game. Back in gears 1 i found it very frustrating how repetitive it got after about ten minutes of playing because the only effective weapon was the shotgun. In gears 2 however you have so much more at your disposal and the chainsaw as it is now is what keeps the two weapons balanced.

Be honest. How many times have really been killed by the chainsaw? If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Its 50/50 ratio. THAT IS BALANCE!!! This means as it is now the chainsaw and the shotgun are balanced. If you change it epic you will ruin the philosophy you had when you made gears 2. The cover system will be useless and it will be nothing but nonstop shotty kung-fu. DO NOT CHANGE THE SAW!!!!

One more thing before i go. The majority of players in the world aren't on these forums. The people on these forums are actually a very small crowd of people. The majority of gamers out there are happy with the way gears of war 2 plays. I am one of those gamers. Don't change the Chainsaw or i will be forced to sell the game just like i did with gears 1. I wont be able to stand the repetition. Title updates are meant to solve glitches like lag and host advantage and weapon sliding, not change the entire flow of the experience because that is changing what i payed for, i don't want that. All people who want pure shotgun battles should go play gears 1 because you will never be pleased with gears 2. EPIC LEAVE THE SAW ALONE!!!! Thank you for your time.

Nastee In Gears
02-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Seriously? 2.0

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Seriously? 2.0

Yes i am being serious when i say this.

BBQ:o
02-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Failed.

The shotgun takes skill that's why it's used -- the chainsaw doesn't.

Soon as the 2 piece is removed, GOW2 is gonna be soo good. There will be a fair balance between mid range combat + shotgunning.. but unfortunately, that chainsaw is still un balanced, but is also being fixed in TU3.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Failed.

Soon as the 2 piece is removed, GOW2 is gonna be soo good. There will be a fair balance between mid range combat + shotgunning.. but unfortunately, that chainsaw is still un balanced, but is also being fixed in TU3.

It will just be gears 1 all over again. Why do you guys want that?

severed360
02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
this isnt this first time i read a thread just like this, if you think you can become a BETTER player by sticking to your chainsaw skills, be my geust, if people want to cry about getting chainsawwed (and you dont like to hear them cry i assume by your thread?) then ignore them. but the shotgun is where you start to build skill and then you can start using other weapons aswell. chainsaw WONT GET YOU NOWEHERE except topping the scoreboard ONCE INAWHILE while facing newbs.

i love killing pople who are in the middle of a chainsaw, people who run around revving are holding up there NEWBIE TROHPY ... dont get me wrong through i love the chainsaw, what it does and what it represents.

StolenIE
02-26-2009, 01:28 AM
because gears 1 is fun and add meat shields an weapons makes gears 2 good too

02-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Chainsaw breaks progessive learning curves. A new player shouldn't be able to beat an old veteran, but unfortunately in GOW2, as soon as you start, your already almost professional--- but thanks to the shotgun, the game still takes some skill.

No learning curve, no progression, -- ****** game. Nothing is good without something to progress for. See my point? Not about 10 minutes of fun -- it's about a lasting experience.

UNREAL MiKEY
02-26-2009, 01:34 AM
You're somewhat right, though you are wrong too.

The game can be balanced by reducing the chainsaw also, actually the chainsaw is way too overpowered, someone with the chainsaw can run through 3-4 direct Gnasher blasts and score a kill, not right IMO.

The lancers damage needs to be increased to put rushers at bay, the thing is though that people will cry about that also, but it is necessary.

Gnasher melee needs to be drastically reduced so that it does only about 20% damage, although the bullet damage needs to be upped just a tiny bit.

Alot of things need to be balanced before it'll ever come close being the cover based shooter it is supposed be.

I hope TU3 works some magic and fixes these little annoyances.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Chainsaw breaks progessive learning curves. A new player shouldn't be able to beat an old veteran, but unfortunately in GOW2, as soon as you start, your already almost professional--- but thanks to the shotgun, the game still takes some skill.

No learning curve, no progression, -- ****** game. Nothing is good without something to progress for. See my point? Not about 10 minutes of fun -- it's about a lasting experience.

I'm just looking for a game that i can just hop on and have fun in. Not something i have to labor and toil over and devote hours to just to kill one guy. Thats stupid.

TheKhimera
02-26-2009, 01:38 AM
Failed.

nope the shotgun will still be inconsistent, it was strong in gears 1 but almost 99% of the time when you point blank someone, they would die...now in gears of war 2 because it is weaker, when you point blank someone 64% of the time they die, the other 36% is when they see you and two piece you or whip out their noobsaw

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:41 AM
nope the shotgun will still be inconsistent, it was strong in gears 1 but almost 99% of the time when you point blank someone, they would die...now in gears of war 2 because it is weaker, when you point blank someone 64% of the time they die, the other 36% is when they see you and two piece you or whip out their noobsaw

So would a good compromise be to fix the shot gun and leave the chainsaw alone. I can deal with that.

02-26-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm just looking for a game that i can just hop on and have fun in. Not something i have to labor and toil over and devote hours to just to kill one guy. Thats stupid.

You're to ignorant to understand. Don't play this game please, just do us a favor. Go back to playing the campaign where you can chainsaw whatever you want.

It's not about having instant gratification, that's so stupid. No wonder people want to make this game so newbie -- it's because they're terrible at the game and want to be good without putting any effort in. Lazy -- I don't like people like you because you're the people who ruin skillful games. Like GOW2 forexample, takes so little skill now, has an overpowered chainsaw for people like YOU.

suckmyoff
02-26-2009, 01:44 AM
No, something needs to be done about the chainsaw, nuff said. And I'm as much of a chainsaw whore as the next guy.

Eleo
02-26-2009, 01:44 AM
If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Its 50/50 ratio. THAT IS BALANCE!!!

But you're not looking at it from the perspective of the person you just chainsawed. Sure one of his other teammates might blast you later in the round but the victim of your chainsaw doesn't get any real benefits from that -- he's already been killed by you running at him with the B button. :mad:

It was balanced in Gears 1. You could get a chainsaw kill but only in the right situations. To me it makes sense; getting an instant kill with a starting weapon should be difficult to pull off.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:48 AM
You're to ignorant to understand. Don't play this game please, just do us a favor. Go back to playing the campaign where you can chainsaw whatever you want.

It's not about having instant gratification, that's so stupid. No wonder people want to make this game so newbie -- it's because they're terrible at the game and want to be good without putting any effort in. Lazy -- I don't like people like you because you're the people who ruin skillful games. Like GOW2 forexample, takes so little skill now, has an overpowered chainsaw for people like YOU.

Um sorry to point this out but, ITS A GAME!!!! You shouldn't have to devote your entire life to it in order to have fun nor should you take it so seriously. You really have no clue about what a game is. Its a thing that you can pick up and play and have fun, its a thing to waste time with. If your playing it hours on end trying to develop enough skill just to have fun then your life is just sad. Hate to be you, sorry.

Pimpic
02-26-2009, 01:51 AM
yea you have failed buddy. the chainsaw sucks you in from 10 feet out at times. and thats a big no no for me. and chainsaw me after i melee someone or getting chainsawed while someone is looking at the opposite direction of me. yea how does that make any sense. and to mention i hate chainsaw noobs

suckmyoff
02-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Um sorry to point this out but, ITS A GAME!!!! You shouldn't have to devote your entire life to it in order to have fun nor should you take it so seriously. You really have no clue about what a game is. Its a thing that you can pick up and play and have fun, its a thing to waste time with. If your playing it hours on end trying to develop enough skill just to have fun then your life is just sad. Hate to be you, sorry.

Um...that's why there's a mode called Horde.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:55 AM
yea you have failed buddy. the chainsaw sucks you in from 10 feet out at times. and thats a big no no for me. and chainsaw me after i melee someone or getting chainsawed while someone is looking at the opposite direction of me. yea how does that make any sense. and to mention i hate chainsaw noobs

um it makes sence because in real life if you where to hit me and i had a chiansaw it wouldnt magically jam my saw. Also i've never had any of that other stuff happen to me so i wouldnt know, or your lying.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Um...that's why there's a mode called Horde.

I don't want to play against bots. Their as stupid as you are and they are just as predictable too.

Trepidity
02-26-2009, 01:58 AM
So you would rather have a no skill boring chainsaw fest, than an exciting skillful shotgun fest? No thanks.

suckmyoff
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
I don't want to play against bots. Their as stupid as you are and they are just as predictable too.

Not as predictable as someone who just wants to chainsaw all the time using absolutely no effort at all emirite?

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 02:04 AM
So you would rather have a no skill boring chainsaw fest, than an exciting skillful shotgun fest? No thanks.

NO because the way gears works now there are alot of shotgunners and only a few chainsawers. Its likely to stay that way. So im happy and your happy.

GEO COG
02-26-2009, 02:05 AM
It's not that we don't like the weapons, it's how we are using them it's the people with 1367 chainsaw kills and 5 shotgun kills that's what were talking about right? Example:a guy kills you with the chainsaw,so what.Now if they run in reving their saw the whole game then that's a problem they want epic to somehow eliminate people doing it, but you just can't. Unless you take the saw out completly[spelling?] but that would make the people whine even more"wheres my instakill on the end of my gun?"thing do you know what i'm say sayin'?

Jherek
02-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Read my response to this in the other Thread you posted this in. The issue with the chainsaw right now is that it 1) doesn't lower as it's supposed to, and 2) vacuums people in from across the map. You are one of the only people who doesn't think these things need to be fixed. You paid to have an unstoppable, glitchy chainsaw? Guess what? It IS a glitch, and it will be fixed. You just said yourself that updates are meant to fix glitches.

Yes, running around with b held down is a much more fun and fulfilling experience. There should be absolutely no skill involved in this game, everyone should be on equal ground. Go and play pong then. I for one love getting a headshot with the sniper... hell, I love when someone else blows my head off with a sniper because it's so rare to see any variety or skill involved in this game at the moment. The chainsaw fests are getting REALLY old now.

Slim09
02-26-2009, 02:06 AM
chainsaw = noob.

if you have to make a thread about this, then you rely FAR too much on your B button. you know, if you pull the right trigger, bullets do come out of your gun.

GEO COG
02-26-2009, 02:07 AM
Not as predictable as someone who just wants to chainsaw all the time using absolutely no effort at all emirite?

Unless they get replaced by a cyclops bot,AMIRITE?;)

kaienshiba
02-26-2009, 02:08 AM

no one has to devote their life to anything to get beyond the chainsaw usage. you could give a five year old kid gears2 and say all you have to do is move like this and press the pretty red button and they would get kills.

why did you pay $70 for a game where you're just going to press one button? if i spend that much money on something i'm going to spend some time with it, after all i could have spent that money on something a little more lucrative, but i decided to buy a video game instead. why not get good?

so think about this, xbox live has plenty of arcade games that don't use many buttons and they're way cheaper. talk about wasting your life, at least I don't waste money on things that I'm not going to truly enjoy. and don't try to argue with that, because you can't.

you think going through the same boring animation over and over is fun? seriously? i play video games for fun only and there's NOTHING fun about spamming the melee button, and there's even less fun when you spam the melee button for easy kills. fun is something challenging, something that after i do it i think "that was cool". do you HONESTLY enjoy sticking to the same boring gun with the same cheap/boring melee all the time? it goes into the same two animations every time! do you **** yourself when it goes into a chainsaw duel just because it's something different and you'll actually have to work for a kill?

i just don't get the appeal. i hope they fix it so people that don't chainsaw all the time can make people like you wish they'd never bought the game.

iTz IrIsHx
02-26-2009, 02:13 AM
ok i hate chainsawers as much as the next guy but i haveta admit this guy does have a point, and hes just having fun so dont jump all over him just cuz he wants to screw around. i actually like when i have chainsaw whores on my team lol (vey rare) but they atleast get kills compared to most of the people that ***** bout chainsaw and then go around 2 piecing everyone which is even cheaper

Nolestrumpet
02-26-2009, 02:15 AM
No the OP is right. Why should we nerf a weapon that all you have to do is hold down the B button and move the control stick to get an instakill? Better yet, lets just keep its auto aim too.

Now that I'm done kidding around....Are you serious? The chainsaw needs to be nerfed if not TAKEN OUT. Epic wants to create a tactical shooter and then they put a chainsaw on the end of the rifle? madness. Yes, you may get killed after using it. But that doesn't make it balanced for the poor soul that got chainsawed! Besides, you claim that its the same thing over if THE CHAINSAW is nerfed?!?!?! I think theres about another 10 weapons to use.....OP fails, and is a chainsaw noob.

Jherek
02-26-2009, 02:18 AM
You shouldn't have to devote your entire life to it in order to have fun nor should you take it so seriously

Did you really just say that having to learn to press TWO buttons instead of one would take your entire life to learn? Well, I think we can now close this Thread and say goodbye to a clearly valuable member of the MP experience.

I have fun by playing with a group of people who know how to be a team and play well together, not by getting cheap kills that take no skill at all over and over and over. It's not about taking it seriously... but how in god's name is holding B down fun? It's 100% more fun to get a headshot in a laggy match, to toss a frag and kill the entire team, to gib person after person with your shotgun, to torque someone in the ass and watch them continue trying to run away from it in futility - KABOOM.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 02:19 AM
ok i hate chainsawers as much as the next guy but i haveta admit this guy does have a point, and hes just having fun so dont jump all over him just cuz he wants to screw around. i actually like when i have chainsaw whores on my team lol (vey rare) but they atleast get kills compared to most of the people that ***** bout chainsaw and then go around 2 piecing everyone which is even cheaper

Thank you for your support. I agree completely.

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Seriously, are these chainsaw threads to be funny?

The chainsaw is not balanced. Is that the right term? Because it's an unfair weapon. It's basically like if they are revving it and i'm BEHIND them so it automatically turns them around to chainsaw me. It's bs. I only use hammerburst because i'm so resentful to the lancer/chainsaw. I can't stand being chainsawed because it's done so much. if it was always rarely, I wouldnt have ever got annoyed but it wasnt rarely, it is sometimes all the time. The same person will run around on Annex and KOTH, just with the chainsaw going, running everywhere, just to suck anyone in. It's pathetic. You'll shoot them right in the face with your shotty but because they pressed B FIRST, it sucks you in and they get you first. It's complete bs. and OP, you disgust me.

Jherek
02-26-2009, 02:22 AM
but they atleast get kills compared to most of the people that ***** bout chainsaw and then go around 2 piecing everyone which is even cheaper

Holy bloody ****ing hell. How in god's name is 2-piecing cheaper than chainsaw?

x vudu x
02-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Ok this must be a joke 1 how will it ruin the cover system if u get shot while running at someone u completely slow down..

Also u say there is a small group on the forums? and say ppl on live like the game well u tell me where to find those ppl because every person i talk to hates wut they've done they do like some new features just not the game play..

Im sorry to say but this is like a poor little nuby crying out because there making the chainsaw stoppable........

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 02:24 AM
The way you feel about someone two piecing you or owning you with their shotty, is how we feel about you chainsawing us, only 100 times worse. You have to understand that first, and then think about what you are asking here. The chainsaw needs to be tweaked because it's too overpowered. You have to see it our way if you expect us to see it your way.

Jherek
02-26-2009, 02:27 AM
The chainsaw would be completely valid if it worked as it was supposed to. You should have to be right up against a person for it to work, and it should lower as it was intended to when you're shot (please note, OP, that it even says this in the game itself, so the fact that it doesn't means it's a "glitch" and you agree that glitches should be fixed). Then, chainsaw kills would be fair.

kaienshiba
02-26-2009, 02:30 AM
The way you feel about someone two piecing you or owning you with their shotty, is how we feel about you chainsawing us, only 100 times worse. You have to understand that first, and then think about what you are asking here. The chainsaw needs to be tweaked because it's too overpowered. You have to see it our way if you expect us to see it your way.

exactly, the two piece can be stopped after it's started. but once the vacuum sucks you in it's all over.

people that think the two piece is cheaper are full of **** and honestly not worth listening to.

Jherek
02-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Thank you for your support. I agree completely.

How do you agree 100% when you said this in another Thread?: "Might i suggest, i dont know, 2 pieceing back? Its an overused tactic for a reason. Its effective. "

IPHXI ShermTank
02-26-2009, 02:45 AM
The chainsaw would be completely valid if it worked as it was supposed to. You should have to be right up against a person for it to work, and it should lower as it was intended to when you're shot (please note, OP, that it even says this in the game itself, so the fact that it doesn't means it's a "glitch" and you agree that glitches should be fixed). Then, chainsaw kills would be fair.

You mean Chainsaw kills would vanish? How many times in Gears 1 did you get chainsawed? Maybe 25, MAYBE? Couple that with the fact that the Lancer is a horribly underpowered gun, and you have absolutely no use for it. Everyone will spawn with the hammerburst after the update and the lancer might as well be replaced with the gorgon pistol.

The more i read these threads, the more i realize people just can't handle getting owned when they have the shotgun out. I think we should make it fair, but if we are going to make the chainsaw lower when you get so much as GRAZED by a stray bullet, then the shotgun should be lowered if you get grazed as well.

How is it fair to keep on shooting me through my bullets, but i can't even run at you through yours? Thats balanced? Are you serious? Thats like telling someone that if they press B they are banned. Thats pretty much the census on these forums. It is there for a reason. It isn't meant to look pretty like in Gears 1.

If you really think balance is 1 weapon being able to lower another, but NOT Vice Versa...you need to go back to school and re-edumacate yourself. (Purposely spelled wrong BTW) Cause there is no balance in that at all.

If you take the chainsaw and nerf it to uselessness like in Gears 1. I best be able to shoot you with 1/3 of a lancer clip and have you down to compensate for the fact that you can shoot me, lower my weapon, AND STUN ME all with 1 bullet. End of story!

Braden
02-26-2009, 02:50 AM
You have some good points, I think the chainsaw is a good weapon, with out the two metre suction (thats no exguration).

Once thats fixed and they make it easier to down someones chainsaw, then the chainsaw will be a decent weapon and a fair one aswell.

Jherek
02-26-2009, 03:10 AM
You mean Chainsaw kills would vanish? How many times in Gears 1 did you get chainsawed? Maybe 25, MAYBE?

You're right, it's much better to have a glitchy weapon that's unstoppable half the time as a result.

The more i read these threads, the more i realize people just can't handle getting owned when they have the shotgun out. I think we should make it fair, but if we are going to make the chainsaw lower when you get so much as GRAZED by a stray bullet, then the shotgun should be lowered if you get grazed as well.

"Getting owned." Yeah, it's totally a deserved kill, I'm totally getting "owned," when the person says "**** it" and hits the b button and automatically kills me. And if I take the lancer in with me so that I have a chance against this with a chainsaw duel? Well, unfortunately that part of the chainsaw is broken as well because I can pound of the friggin' B button like a couple of rabbits makin' love and it doesn't matter because it's dependant on A) host and B) cheating with a rapid-fire controller.

If you really think balance is 1 weapon being able to lower another, but NOT Vice Versa...you need to go back to school and re-edumacate yourself.

Chainsaw currently kills people even when you have lag. Shotgun + lag = 5 shots to the face and nothing happening. Shotgun require aiming, chainsaw does not. Chainsaw doesn't even require you to get that close half the time, which means easy kills. If you think shooting someone with the shotgun 20 times, or unloading a clips from the lancer into them, and them being invincible to it while they run at you with chainsaw revving and suck you in from feet away is balanced, then you need to re-edumacate yourself (lolz purposely misspelled, see what I did there lololookfwaokjealjgekwaj I'm hilarious?). It's bull that I can stay in cover and shoot from a distance and get punished for it because of a glitch.

J o s h i n g
02-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Its not that we have an issue with the saw necessarily, but rather the vortex that gives you free kills.

M is for Money
02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
1.) I'm just looking for a game that i can just hop on and have fun in. Not something i have to labor and toil over and devote hours to just to kill one guy. Thats stupid.

2.)um it makes sence because in real life if you where to hit me and i had a chiansaw it wouldnt magically jam my saw. Also i've never had any of that other stuff happen to me so i wouldnt know, or your lying.

3.)I don't want to play against bots. Their as stupid as you are and they are just as predictable too.

RE: 1.): Dude, every time you play the game you're going to get better eventually. That is also why they made Horde. A game where you can just hop on and play with four other players. The levels get harder as you progress and you can start and stop at any time you want. You can even choose which wave to start with.

RE: 2.): Nothing in this game would make sense in real life! Are you serious? You're right just because you got "hit" once that doesn't mean your chainsaw would stop revving in "real life." Well say you got shot with a shotgun in the arm. Your chainsaw is still revving but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE A FREAKING ARM AND YOU'RE BLEEDING TO DEATH! Real death, not oh darn I'll respawn anyway death. And yes because you haven't experienced what other people are saying they must be liars. Not that you just haven't noticed anything or that all your experiences don't reflect every single experience that could possibly come out of this game. Especially when you just "hop on" and "waist time."

RE:3.): FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THIS GAME THEN? Are you (a) just trying to waist time. (b) Are you hoping that you won't play against dumb bots and dumb people? (c) Do you like to only use a chainsaw attached to an automatic rifle and this was the only game that had it? (d) Are you secretly jealous that you aren't skilled at competitive games so you want them to be watered down so you don't have to try hard? OR last and not least, (e) do you not know why you are playing any game at all? And feel that because you bought so called game that they are ripping you off because other people who are trying to enjoy the whole franchise and like to get better come on forums like these and give their input. So that after they have understood how the game works, and know what is setting the game back, they feel like they want bugs and balance issues fixed to create a more challenging/consistant game.

Anyway, the last point I'd like to make to everyone is that I would like to say that even though the shot gun isn't as powerful as it is was in gears 1 it is more inconsitant due to the fact that each buck shot releases eight proportional rounds. One in each of the four corners of your aimer and four more practically touching creating a smaller square in the center of your aimer. Check in-game if you don't believe me. Plus the rounds spread out evenly over distance and time.

P.S.= Gears Of War 1>Gears Of War 2. Player speed and Shotgun rate of fire make it faster paced and difficult to hit your target. I feel like a still target when I try to strafe in Gears 2. Please Epic compare the strafes to yourselves and let us know if you feel there is any difference at all.

Good Effin Night.

x|Charlz|x
02-26-2009, 03:30 AM
@master dohboy

Are u ****ing retarted

Justin X
02-26-2009, 04:36 AM
I say: chainsaw = stealth, shotgun = duel, lancer bullets = downing. Worked great in GOW1 as well. BUT, if a chainsawer is spotted, and 2-4 shotgun blasts to the face doesn't stop him (much less blow him to bits), and he doesn't react to them, something is seriously WRONG here. We'll see after TU3 if it's lag or not. If it is, awesome, don't touch it. If not, nerf that fu**er! It even still says that getting hit lowers your bayonette on the loading screen! WTF!? Anyway, point is, I don't wanna be the victim nor victimee of someone diving backwards, shotgunning a guy FOR 30 SECONDS PLUS, just to get chainsawed by a VERY UNSTEALTHY PLAYER. Like I said, in GOW1, you were F***ed if you were spotted, but I still got wins if I could sneak up on my enemies, now it just feels cheap, you know? I hope so much that eliminating lag fixes this issue.

julianwelton
02-26-2009, 05:03 AM
I'm sorry, but the OP is an idiot. I assume what you're saying is that you would like the chainsaw to stay how it is, i.e. when you shoot someone who is revving the chainsaw and they don't get stunned? Well thats probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and has already been fixed in TU3 (so they say). I like how you said "I wont be able to stand the repetition" isn't chainsawing someone over and over repetition as well?

I'd also like to point out this doozy "If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Its 50/50 ratio. THAT IS BALANCE!!! This means as it is now the chainsaw and the shotgun are balanced", your personal stats have no bearing on whether the game is balanced or not. I know a guy that has almost a 3.0 K/D does that mean the game is imbalanced? I'll just say for you what you really wanted to say.

"Please Epic don't fix the chainsaw, all I know how to do is hold the B button and run at people, but if you fix it I won't be able to get bull*hit kills anymore". How about this, why don't you learn how to use another weapon i.e. Hammerburst, Lancer (Bullets), Torque, Snipe, Pistol, Shotgun, Flamethrower, Grenades. If you refuse to learn to use another weapon you could just stop playing Gears altogether, because I promise you no one will miss you.

sliderjr2
02-26-2009, 05:14 AM
I think the Chainsaw should be a last second desperation attempt to live... not a weapon people rely on to get kills. It's a shooter. If you want a melee game, go play oblivion.

Plus, gears 1 required more skill to chainsaw... games that get easier with time are not as fun. A good game gets more challenging with time.

Scaretheweans
02-26-2009, 05:22 AM

Because it was a more fun, better balanced and more addictive/skillful game. With less frustration and bugs

Hows that?

Fo Schizle
02-26-2009, 05:22 AM
LMAO.

They are fixing it so deal with it. It should never be so hard to lower, and it should have never had the vacuum powers that it does. They just screwed it up with the launch.

I have no problem with the chainsaw other than it is so freaking hard to lower. Once that's fixed, good luck getting me.

awesomeo
02-26-2009, 05:28 AM
we dont have a problem with the way people play, we have a problem with the way the game made certain things rigged as hell when they didnt need to be touched, ie, chainsaw, melee, smokes, i dont care if people smoke me then run in and fight me, but i do care when i get smoked and am 100% helpless on the ground. or when im shooting a person walking towards me with the chainsaw, and have enough room left there to down him, but i get vacuumed in instead

the chainsaw is to cheap in the same way the a bomb was. imagine how pissed THOSE guys were. all the US did was hit a button and sent it all into play.

monkeyinmyhead
02-26-2009, 05:45 AM
Fact is mate that noone enjoys blasting someone in vain as they stumble towards them with the chainsaw without feeling a thing, I dont have a problem with teh saw as such, its just that your run is ended by poor hit detection.

awesomeo
02-26-2009, 05:49 AM
fact is mate that noone enjoys blasting someone in vain as they stumble towards them with the chainsaw without feeling a thing, i dont have a problem with teh saw as such, its just that your run is ended by poor hit detection.

o **** zombies

Scaretheweans
02-26-2009, 06:19 AM
If they brought out a chainsaw game, where all you did was chainsaw each other and if you both did it at the same time you duelled, how popular do you think that would be?

It would get boring very quick. the problem a lot of us have is that we are trying to play the game properly, and those guys form that chainsaw game think they are great invading Gears of War 2 and just cheap killing everyone, now you simply could not do that In Gears 1.

I did use the chainsaw in Gears 1, it actually took skill to use, in a sneak attack form the back, or a guaranteed kill on the sniper you ran past everyone to get to while he was looking down his barrel.

In Gears 2 you can literally run at people wit the chainsaw revved, there is simply no skill in the use on that weapon in this game.

Its like having Halo 3 with a power sword that also blocks shots form guns as you run towards someone, it would be a noobish overpowered weapon.

The chainsaw worked fine on gears 1, we even used to joke that you had to make sure it was well oiled, because sometimes it would jam when you went for the kill and you’d get done.

I know one guys who used to run around revving the chainsaw on Gears 1, it was all he could do, and you’d watch him doing it and get slaughtered every time, he was a Gears 1 fan, but not a great player or as find of it as rest of us.

In Gears 2 he loves it and he gets so many kills, he thinks its greatest thing since sliced bread, problem is he can’t understand why none of us are playing with him every night like we used to LOL.

iSheedd
02-26-2009, 06:24 AM

Survival of the Fittest

monkeyinmyhead
02-26-2009, 06:32 AM
If they brought out a chainsaw game, where all you did was chainsaw each other and if you both did it at the same time you duelled, how popular do you think that would be?

It would get boring very quick. the problem a lot of us have is that we are trying to play the game properly, and those guys form that chainsaw game think they are great invading Gears of War 2 and just cheap killing everyone, now you simply could not do that In Gears 1.

I did use the chainsaw in Gears 1, it actually took skill to use, in a sneak attack form the back, or a guaranteed kill on the sniper you ran past everyone to get to while he was looking down his barrel.

In Gears 2 you can literally run at people wit the chainsaw revved, there is simply no skill in the use on that weapon in this game.

Its like having Halo 3 with a power sword that also blocks shots form guns as you run towards someone, it would be a noobish overpowered weapon.

The chainsaw worked fine on gears 1, we even used to joke that you had to make sure it was well oiled, because sometimes it would jam when you went for the kill and you’d get done.

I know one guys who used to run around revving the chainsaw on Gears 1, it was all he could do, and you’d watch him doing it and get slaughtered every time, he was a Gears 1 fan, but not a great player or as find of it as rest of us.

In Gears 2 he loves it and he gets so many kills, he thinks its greatest thing since sliced bread, problem is he can’t understand why none of us are playing with him every night like we used to LOL.

Well pu Sir, couldn't have said it better.

rage777
02-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Master Dohboy go play cod anyone can get a kill in that, epic have already acknowledged a problem with the chainsaw. the way it is now isn't intentional. the invincibilty wasn't supposed to be there.

i understasnd that you dont want to devote your life to a game nor do i, but thats why there games like cod out there leave the gears to hardcore gamers

RΛVMzilla
02-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Chainsaw = Naw.

Red_Rain
02-26-2009, 06:45 AM
after about ten minutes of playing because the only effective weapon was the shotgun

^^^
this statement is false therefore your argument is invalid

Scaretheweans
02-26-2009, 06:47 AM
He would not do well in CoD, yeah its easy to get kills, but its hard to get more kills than you get killed yourself, meaning you'd lose a lot. There is no noob style like that on CoD 4 or 5, the grenade laucher maybe, but they rarley do well overall in a game.

My K/D ratio in CoD 5 is 1.20 which is actually quite hard to get, same as it is in gears.

I dont wnat to devote my life to one game either, but in Gears 1 it was just so good, I couldnt choose against it each night I wnated to play a game, so I ended up on that all the time.

Gears 2 I cant bring my self to put it in the machine and when I do I take it out again just as quickly.

Not a fan at all.

II Donell II
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Food for thought.

A couple of weeks ago, me and an old clanmate were getting bored of being two-pieced and chainsawed. So we went into a game of Wingman and started running around the map (Security) with the Lancer going "l0l0l0l0l0l" not even attempting to get a kill without chainsawing.

We won. And other team's wern't bad either.

Sorry but the chainsaw is just as overpowered as the two-piece. You can run up to someone, take a point blank shot in the face, press the B button and get the kill. I've counted 5 shots with the shotgun from close range and then got vacuumed by a chainsaw.

Personally I like playing games that involve alot of skill. Thats why I loved Gears 1 so much.

Newbie in Gears 1 vs Gears 1 vet ... the newb wouldn't stand a chance.
Gears 2? If you know where the B button is, you can beast.

Snipershot94
02-26-2009, 06:51 AM
ok can i ask you the same thing? Master dohboy please dont touch your B button when and if i eever play you. Saves a lot of exposure to noobs

GcRayden
02-26-2009, 06:55 AM
EPIC LEAVE THE SAW ALONE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Not trying to flame or anything, thats just the first thing that came to mind when reading your post.

Maybe you should make a video? :p lol

GEO COG
02-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Don't look at it kids it's just another chainsaw thread

Scaretheweans
02-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Chainsaws are for kids who cant play shooters properly.

Also tru for those who use smokes excessively and frag tag spawns.

IMO

agree or disagree, thats just my thoughts

ELTANK0.1982
02-26-2009, 07:28 AM
i dont care, if the chainsaw is nerfed good, if not, whats more satisfying than shottying some noob who is running at you with his B button held down (usually again and again over the course of a game)

ELTANK0.1982
02-26-2009, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Not trying to flame or anything, thats just the first thing that came to mind when reading your post.

Maybe you should make a video? :p lol

awsome!
10char

Xearow
02-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I for one don't think chainsaw is that big of a deal. The only thing I wish they would do to it is make those straight on shotgun blasts where, on my screen at least, I miss no more than 2 bullets(if that... come on, he's running right at me) actually cause him to be stunned. I'm excited everytime a chainsaw guy gets stunned.

If they want to fix and unbalanced weapon then I think they should have a look at Torque Bow

eat Zeppelin
02-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Chainsawing is a lot like hooking up with a girl.......

Fallen
02-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Stop playing this game, you ruinin it for others chainsaw whore.

Its so much fun when me an another opponet are having an EPIC shotgun battle, wall bouncing shooting each other, but then its over when you chainsaw whores vacume me in from across the map and kill me.

Stop playing this game, you are bad at it, go play Cod4 if you want a game where you can press a button and get a kill(if you play on hardcore) and by any chance do you have the special edition controlller? Youi know, the one without and a,y, or x button, just a big B?

lern1079
02-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Well when you sell your game please sell it to someone that will use the shotty. One less chainsawing noob running around with the B button pressed is ok with me.

SirMaiN
02-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Epic FAIL OP!

Big D
02-26-2009, 08:15 AM
The OP has a point. Everyone has their own style of play. No one should be forced to play and certain way.

As of right now the Gnasher and Lancer are not equal, the Lancer is more powerful because of the Chainsaw glitch. Once EPIC fixes this stun problem then both weapons will be balanced 50/50.

SirMaiN
02-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Bomb that fcking cat!!!!!!

Carpathian
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I refuse to even use my lancer, even if it is solid gold. I wont stoop that low.

thisisepic
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
I would be happy with leaving the chainsaw alone and just bringing back the old shotgun fire rate. That would help tremendously.

DARKSIDEMACH2K3
02-26-2009, 08:33 AM
The only time chainsaw should be used is when flanking an opponent from the back in a "stealth" move...it is most useful here.

It's overused in territories...people just run up into the annex, hold b until it "sucks "someone in" since it's immune to shotty at close range, they get a kill, feel like a pro, then they get gib'd or sawed themself, they re-spawn, and repeat...

noobish and annoying

DARKSIDEMACH2K3
02-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I would be happy with leaving the chainsaw alone and just bringing back the old shotgun fire rate. That would help tremendously.

no it wouldn't, if you cant shoot them while they are comming at you no matter how fast your shotgun fires..whats the use?

thisisepic
02-26-2009, 08:39 AM
no it wouldn't, if you cant shoot them while they are comming at you no matter how fast your shotgun fires..whats the use?

I dunno 95% of the time when I can get two shots off on a guy with a revved saw it goes down.

I've never shot a guy 5 times only to be sawed.

aero405
02-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Please test this Epic. I had times last night that fell into similar situations where the chainsawer should have definitely dropped the lancer.
We've found the issue and are fixing for TU3. Thanks everyone for their dedication in helping to track the problem down.

Thanks,

Rod.

The chainsaw is currently glitched, allowing it stun immunity at close range. Epic plans to fix the glitch, at which point you will no longer be able to charge through damage with it and chainsaw will be "working as intended". Anyone who's been relying heavily on the chainsaw for kills will probably find it far less effective after the patch... Start learning now? :)

NeMeSiS446
02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
The chainsaw is currently glitched, allowing it stun immunity at close range. Epic plans to fix the glitch, at which point you will no longer be able to charge through damage with it and chainsaw will be "working as intended". Anyone who's been relying heavily on the chainsaw for kills will probably find it far less effective after the patch... Start learning now? :)

Agree.

Chainsaw is glitchy that's why you can run around getting monster kills.

Start learning how to shoot a gun, and to get your thumb off that B button.

xXTheLastGearXx
02-26-2009, 09:18 AM
The Chainsaw is BUGGED, it's not the way EPIC intended, therefor your topic is complete FAIL. It's being changed, end of story.

The chainsaw is a bayonet weapon meant to be used at CLOSE range, meaning a sneak attack or if someone rushes you trying to melee you, VROOOM!!

It's not a weapon meant for rushing other people with and running through all their bullets just to saw one person.

Moo
02-26-2009, 09:28 AM
The chainsaw is a bayonet weapon meant to be used at CLOSE range, meaning a sneak attack or if someone rushes you trying to melee you, VROOOM!!Thats just the thing people can melee through it even when its revving at full speed so if they change it it will hardly be used which means everybody just runs in with the shotgun again = Gears1

If you are getting chainsawed by somebody running around aimlessly with it revved all of the time thats your problem

Feel the chainsaw :D

kaienshiba
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Thats just the thing people can melee through it even when its revving at full speed so if they change it it will hardly be used which means everybody just runs in with the shotgun again = Gears1

If you are getting chainsawed by somebody running around aimlessly with it revved all of the time thats your problem

the thing about the guy who runs around revving it all the time is that he's usually not alone. this is especially annoying in territories. you'll be trying to break the hill and there's always the one guy that sits in there with his chainsaw revved. so while you're trying to have a shotgun battle he just walks up to you with his godsaw and kills you.

i rarely get killed by chainsaw when it's 1v1 unless i get stuck on a wall while i'm rolling away. it's always when the chainsaw guy is acting as the body guard for the better player that i get chainsawed the most.

x_DV_x_Wesker
02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Most of the scrubs in here calling the chainsaw cheap only think so because they get killed by it, they don't know the real reason the chainsaw is bull****. They are the same scrubs that say the awp is cheap on counter strike.

But you see, the chainsaw really is cheap, but its not at all noobish.

The chainsaw is glitched, it won't lower within a certain proximity if you are shooting at it, this makes certain game types terrible and unfun, like guardian.Theres no way to stop a whole team of chainsawers coming for your leader.

Its a low skill weapon right now, with high reward. Its no more noobish than using the MP5 in CS beta or the AWP before they took out quickscoping...I guess every game has its scrubs.

That being said I can't wait to see it fixed, then I'll be able to stop a close range chainsaw if I'm cornered, and it will take away any argument the scrubs have about calling it noobish ( Although I'm sure they will continue )

Guthwine
02-26-2009, 10:09 AM

Sorry, but it's never going to be just gears 1 again. Why do you really need the saw anyway? Just get the hammerburst for a couple games, get an active, and see how it does. It's never going to turn into just a shotgun battle again. I love the guys that don't use anything but the shotgun, they're so easy to pick off with the hammerburst. Basically you have to learn to use different tactics for different games/maps. Not just CHAINSAW!!!! or SHOTGUN!!!! Change it up

aaspect
02-26-2009, 10:17 AM

Because...it was an awesome game I played every night for almost 2 years? Unlike gears 2 I haven't played for 2 weeks now, waiting for TU3, giving a last chance.

x_DV_x_Wesker
02-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I think he means the chainsaw will be useless again like in gears 1, just like 95% of all the weapons on gears 1.

DARKSIDEMACH2K3
02-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Thats just the thing people can melee through it even when its revving at full speed so if they change it it will hardly be used which means everybody just runs in with the shotgun again = Gears1

This is why they took the ability to shoot directly out of roadie run...

that was a flaw in GOW1, roadie run and shoot...it was nearly impossible to defend...half the time i exploded and didn't even see the shotgun drawn

the game will be balanced this way....i hope

DARKSIDEMACH2K3
02-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Because...it was an awesome game I played every night for almost 2 years? Unlike gears 2 I haven't played for 2 weeks now, waiting for TU3, giving a last chance.

Which i don't understand at all...

The crabwalking was so out of hand in GOW1 and the roadie run/shotty imbalance. It ruined many games, as the jacked up chainsaw has in this game.

Snipershot94
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
"I don't want to spend my life on a game to hve fun....". Viva piñata I suggest. You want gears as a third person chainsawer and not shooter in my opinion

CRelic
02-26-2009, 10:34 AM
wow.... a chainsaw noob speaks out.. how embarrasing

FuriousMime
02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
why is it that everyone calls everyone a noob for any reason at any given time and most of the time for using the weapons and playing the game the way it was designed.

You're an idiot. You're not a noob simply because someone doesn't like the choice of death they choose to inflict on you.

If the shotty or HB was the only weapon their was you'd still find a way to say someone was a noob for using it. Even if it was the only weapon to choose from....intelligent!

I think the chainsaw does need to be tweaked so it is not invincible...but wow...calling somone a noob simply for using it...grow up

Kumori0
02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
The honest fact of the chainsaw is it is supposed to make you stunned while revving it if you take about 3 or so bullets.

Not jam it or anything that but the concept is you aren't braced for the bullets so they make you stumble but instead are prepared to cut through your opponent like a thanksgiving turkey. Which could also be used to explain why your controls change slightly when you rev the chainsaw up.

Now I'll be the first to admit if I get chainsawed by someone that used TACTICS to get in close to me I'll tell them they did a good job. BUT if someone can walk through enough bullets to easily kill them and get a free kill then how on earth can you possibly see that as balanced?

Is your version of balance having your chainsaw put a big red diamond with an S in it on your chest? Because 6+ gnasher shots just outside of chainsaw range should be enough to turn you into a hemorrhaging pile of meat easily. THAT is what they are fixing. It will still take more than 1 random bullet to stun you but it won't take 3 people shooting at you.

Young350
02-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Hello community of the gears of war forums...I am here today to ask you a question. Is it so wrong that not everyone plays the same way you do? ...In gears 2 however you have so much more at your disposal and the chainsaw as it is now is what keeps the two weapons balanced...

I know you're trying to be serious, but EPIC is only fixing whats broken about the saw. You're not suppose not suppose to be invincible when you rev the saw or have a vacuum effect. Play how you want, but you shouldn't expect bugs to stay in so you can still get kills.

Kantham
02-26-2009, 10:49 AM
I enjoy that the chainsaw is actually effective because it adds variety to the game.

Admit, you just can't get up on those Shotgun bastards. Much easier to just run at them holding the B button.

MattZTS
02-26-2009, 11:05 AM
the reason you (OP) have a 1 k/d ratio is becuase you chainsaw someone. Then their team mate who is right there takes you out. That is because the chainsaw takes to long to complete. It should only be used when needed. Like you see someone hiding behind a wall all alone not paying any attention. Run up chainsaw.

Evster
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
The chainsaw will still be there after the update. You just won't be able to charge and run through bullets like it should have been in the first place.

Scaretheweans
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah chainsaw needs to remain, its part of Gears of War, its just too overpoweered in gears 2.

If they can fix it then great, with that and smokes removed I may even play this game again?

DrD5
02-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I know you're trying to be serious, but EPIC is only fixing whats broken about the saw. You're not suppose to be invincible when you rev the saw or have a vacuum effect. Play how you want, but you shouldn't expect bugs to stay in so you can still get kills.

Exactly, it's comments like these that should be said right away instead of people calling people noobs and flaming and all that.

The chainsaw has problems it shouldn't and once they are fixed everything will be nice.

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I am here today to ask you a question. Is it so wrong that not everyone plays the same way you do? Is it so wrong that people use weapons that are in the game for a reason? Is it so wrong that not everyone runs around with a shotgun flipping around like ninjas? Why do you all feel it necessary that everyone in the game have the same playing style as you?

I don't have anything against the chainsaw, in fact I think chainsaw battles are one of the most thrilling additions to the game. Whenever I see someone get close to me with a lancer, I tend to get out my lancer too in case he tries to chainsaw me. However, its kinda difficult to whip out the lancer everytime someone tries to saw you...for example once in a 1v3 situation some guy was trying to chainsaw me. I had 2 other guys shooting me aswell. I wallbounced, killed the first guy and then the other guy came towards me with his chainsaw. I fired at him pointblank twice with shotty, and he ended up chainsawing me. I'm sorry but it is completely and utterly retarded when you shoot someone who has their chainsaw revved and it doesn't go down. It has happened to me so much and it shouldn't.

I enjoy that the chainsaw is actually effective because it adds variety to the game. in gears 1 i found it very frustrating how repetitive it got after about ten minutes of playing because the only effective weapon was the shotgun. In gears 2 however you have so much more at your disposal and the chainsaw as it is now is what keeps the two weapons balanced.

Please tell me you aren't being serious. This part of your post makes really little sense to me...true, Gears 1 had less variety but how does the chainsaw's unstopable bullet proof powers make Gears 2 have more ''variety'' sure, I think chainsaw battles add variety but the fact the chainsaw is almost unstoppable and suck their opponent in is not variety; its bull****. The two weapons are balanced in the sense they are both very unbalanced. The shotty simply isn't reactive enough and has too many ghost bullets and the chainsaw doesn't like to go down.

Be honest. How many times have really been killed by the chainsaw? At least 23283901283902840984902402 times.

If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. Horde much?

This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Um, ok then, so are you telling me you are cotent with dying after you get one kill every round? You are ok with getting 5 kills per game? Im sorry but the chainsaw is not the main focus of this game...and if thats all your do then it shows you can't really play the game. Sure, I have chainsawed but I think the total number of times I have ever chainsawed (bar achievment) has been 7 times, maybe 10 max. I tend to get at least 2 kills per round.

Its 50/50 ratio. THAT IS BALANCE!!! The ratio of how many kills you get and how many times you die isn't blanace. Its the incapability you show at playing the game. Sure, by all means use your chainsaw but running around holding the B button, or running up to an opponent with a gun and refuse to FIRE it and only press the B button means you are not that great at this game at all...

This means as it is now the chainsaw and the shotgun are balanced. No it doesn't, it means they are both inbalanced and need to be addressed. A shot gun and a chainsaw can never be equal purely for realistic reasons and strategic logic.

If you change it epic you will ruin the philosophy you had when you made gears 2. Epic didn't intend on making the saw unstoppable, but they intended to make it an intresting weapon. It isn't suppose to suck you in and this is being addressed by Epic.

The cover system will be useless and it will be nothing but nonstop shotty kung-fu.DO NOT CHANGE THE SAW!!!! If I'm not wrong but when in cover at a long range most people use the lancer/hammerburst. When you are in a 1V2 situation, it is wise to go for the shotty option.

One more thing before i go. The majority of players in the world aren't on these forums. The people on these forums are actually a very small crowd of people. The majority of gamers out there are happy with the way gears of war 2 plays. I am one of those gamers.

Not a single person on my friends list, bar the ones who added me on this forum, have said they are pleased with the way Gears 2 plays. In fact, all I have heard is dissapointment and sadness. I'm sure alot of other people can tell you they have a similar story. In fact, most of the people who added me to their FL on this website have complained ALOT about the chainsaw.

Don't change the Chainsaw or i will be forced to sell the game just like i did with gears 1. I wont be able to stand the repetition.
Unless you are mistaken, Gears of War is suppose to be a tactical shoot em up in the 3rd person view. It is not a tactical ''chain saw em up'' and never will be, and if you are going to sell your game just because Epic are going to add REALISTIC balance to the chainsaw then frankly you should never play shooting games ever again. Gears is a game of SKILL and yes some people are quite sneaky with the chainsaw but IMO your thread makes you look like a very silly person. If you really like saws and blade action that much, play a slash em up game like Dynasty Warriors or Devil May Cry.

Title updates are meant to solve glitches like lag and host advantage and weapon sliding, not change the entire flow of the experience because that is changing what i payed for, i don't want that. All people who want pure shotgun battles should go play gears 1 because you will never be pleased with gears 2. EPIC LEAVE THE SAW ALONE!!!! Thank you for your time.

I agree that TU's are suppose to solve problems and personally I don't think they have solved that many problems. They got rid of a valuable glitch, the weapon slide, and left in ridiculous glitch's like 3 people glitch on wingman. Epic, IMO, have done very major harm to the game after the updates i.e not being able to SHOOT out of a roadie run but being able to chainsaw. You know when people say '' Gears of war 2 is for people who were **** at gears of war 1''? well, I think you may be one of those people. Sorry, but I can't take a thread like this seriously. EVER.

sammanu13
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
wow welcome noob... theres using a weapon then theres abusing its invincibility

Your Devastator
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
lol damn FuFu...lol.....agreed though

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
This is why they took the ability to shoot directly out of roadie run...

that was a flaw in GOW1, roadie run and shoot...it was nearly impossible to defend...half the time i exploded and didn't even see the shotgun drawn

the game will be balanced this way....i hope

PHAIL.

The chainsaw is NOT the main focus of Gears of War 2 and the fact they got rid of being able to shoot straight out of a roadie is completely unrealistic and doesn't make sense. How is it one can meleé AND chainsaw yet not be able to shoot? And if you kept getting blasting into bits then you just needed to learn to MOVE OUT OF THE WAY and not stand still when someone is running towards you!

The chainsaw was simply a perk to Gears of War. It was what made it different from other shooters. That doesn't mean it was the main weapon though. I am all for use of the chainsaw as a last resort, in a 1 V 1 situation, in a situation when you think someone else may chainsaw you or in a sneaky tactical way. However, running in and pressing your B button does not show any skill at all. This game is a SHOOT EM UP for Gods sake! Not a SAW EM UP! Get it right! Sheesh...

Gimli
02-26-2009, 11:59 AM

Well, if it is a just a game, why have you joined a forum to keep your favourite weapon? No you are assuming that there is no fun in developing skills and getting good. That is what some people find fun. You're so narrow minded that it makes me sick.

Khasim
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
This thread is sentenced to fail pretty much like a "GOD DOESN'T EXIST!!!111111111" thread on a catholics' forum.

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Well, if it is a just a game, why have you joined a forum to keep your favourite weapon? No you are assuming that there is no fun in developing skills and getting good. That is what some people find fun. You're so narrow minded that it makes me sick.

What he said.

PwnZone10
02-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Master Dohboy the online MP isn't supposed to always be fun because its a game like Madden online or what not. If you lose you don't have fun well some people still do but that's besides the point.

Online MP puts your current playing skill on the line and yes I don't mind the chainsaw they just need to make it so when you are hit while revving it you get "stunned" like you normally do in horde/campaign

If this would happen it would stop a lot of the annoyance of the chainsaw and add more of a tactical experience with it because you will know..."ok instead of shotgun I am gonna saw this scrub because he is alone"

I am one of those scrubs that runs alone sometimes and I pay for it not because of someone getting the upper hand but because of a person running at me with a chainsaw and they do not get stunned after I shoot them.

Blame Lag or chainsaw bug who knows...I do hope EPIC knows and will fix it to the best of their ability

JIMJOHNJOE
02-26-2009, 12:02 PM

I totally agree, i think the game is fine and shouldnt be changed, the only thing that needs changing is lag and glitches.
And besides, if you want gears1 back then why dont you just go play gears1?

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I totally agree, i think the game is fine and shouldnt be changed, the only thing that needs changing is lag and glitches.
And besides, if you want gears1 back then why dont you just go play gears1?

Why don't YOU just go chop some wood? that should keep you entertained.

Gerbur
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey, where is the OP?

Haven't seen him since page 6.

And yes, the Lancer sucks right now, Hammerburst is the way to go.

madbenji89
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
i have nothing bad actaully to say about the chainsaw but to behonest i dont really use it that much because i prefer the hammerburst because i like the extra zoom that u get on it. and i feel that its more powerfull and most of time running up with a chainsaw is a good way to get urself killed well in my experiance it is. the only time i really use it is in horde :)

EX0T1C
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
n00b and you claim it's fun well it's not fun for the other guy but it is for you because instant kill rather then use some skill, I'm not saying to devote your damn life use a little effort because the chainsaw takes 2% of effort to use which is holding the b button

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
n00b and you claim it's fun well it's not fun for the other guy but it is for you because instant kill rather then use some skill, I'm not saying to devote your damn life use a little effort because the chainsaw takes 2% of effort to use which is holding the b button

what he said.

Your Devastator
02-26-2009, 12:12 PM
what he said.

what she said

G0W
02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
chainsaw= sucks u in= retarded, U just want a easy kill, don't be lazy and get one, plus as of now it should be knocked down by a few bullets, because its happen to me, and ya this is a small chunk of players on these forums, but people I chat with want it changed to.

Gimli
02-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Also, games should test your reactions, your wits and most importantly be fun for all parties. The Chainsaw tests neither of these skills. The Chainsaw is briefly satisfying for the Chainsawer, but a killjoy for the victim.

GH Vicarious
02-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Then go play Halo. You want a game with instant gratification and zero practice, go play Halo. For the rest of us that remember the good ol' days with shotgun battles and a chainsaw that was stoppable we'd better hope that TU3 fixes the majority of our problems, or we're in for a long spring of chainsawing and two piecing. So to every single person that wants the chainsaw to stay the way it is, go practice, go play the original Gears and maybe you'll understand why we want it back, why we want the epic shotgun battles and intense sniper fights. We were once noobs too. Then we practiced, and got good.

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Also, games should test your reactions, your wits and most importantly be fun for all parties. The Chainsaw tests neither of these skills. The Chainsaw is briefly satisfying for the Chainsawer, but a killjoy for the victim.

I'm not gonna lie, I do LOVE the sneaky chainsaw here and there...but yes I agree a game should test your reactions and skills as a player. Sure some people are casual but even casual player's know that chainsawing is very unskillful! The B button sucks balls in this game.

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
We were once noobs too. Then we practiced, and got good.

Hell yeah, I used to chainsaw none stop and pistold whip! And deep inside I knew it was really noobie...lol. :p

topblood
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
put it this way. people use chainsaw cuz its a certain kill while if you use shotgun your chances of kiilling someone is minimal cuz of lag.

i rather kill someone will a chainsaw then trying to 2piece someone and lose cuz he is host.

FuriousMime
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I think it's hilarious to see how frustrated over competitive gamers get over noob behavior. IT'S A GAME CALM DOWN!!! I hope all you crabby self acclaimed gear greats die a thousand chainsaw deaths daily! Just so I can hear more complaining and immature trash talking.

Who cares about having fun with friends, my only reason for playing is to hear your complaining.

Gimli
02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Who cares about having fun with friends, my only reason for playing is to hear your complaining.

He leads a lonely life...

FuriousMime
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
He leads a lonely life...

you're great at picking up on sarcasm! I just call you a noob so I can be like everyone else that thinks games are all about how great I can be so I can call someone a noob for having fun!

I xSmithy I
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
256 chainsaw deaths, my k/d would be about 1.67 with out chainsaws. It's 1.34 at the moment

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I think it's hilarious to see how frustrated over competitive gamers get over noob behavior. IT'S A GAME CALM DOWN!!! I hope all you crabby self acclaimed gear greats die a thousand chainsaw deaths daily! Just so I can hear more complaining and immature trash talking.

Exactly, its a game, its suppose to be fun. Anyone who has fun pressing the B button over and over has downs.

gears2betterthan1
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Sorry you don't understand what a game is. A game like Mariocart or tetris is a game you can just pick up and play and have fun. Games like Gears, Halo, Rainbow etc. are games you can pick up and play but you are going to get beat. Thats what they are made for, they are skill fun based games. You dont' have to "devote your entire life" you just gotta take the time to learn the basics. And if you don't get the basics then its not YOUR type of game you are lazy. If you can't stick out 1 or 2 weeks of getting beat at something in order to get good at it then you should buy a Wii(no offense wii owners).

xtrutechniquex
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Who wants toast?

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
(no offense wii owners).
I hate wii...****ty unreactive sensor bar...lol

aero405
02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Who wants toast?

I had an egg bagel this morning, they're really the best.

Your Devastator
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I had an egg bagel this morning, they're really the best.

i had toast and an pouched egg with hot Pace salsa. tasty. with a banana, oj, milk, strawberry shake. :D

oh and yeah, get over the chainsaw's future loss of Godness

SeanM123
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Tbh, I didnt mind getting chainsawed in Gears Of War 1, cause that took some skill cause the Bayonet would lower if shot.

But in Gears 2 there is no lowering. And when I get sawed I feel like breaking the disk.
But I know that as soon as the saw goes back to how it was in Gears 1 I wont give a damm about getting saed. :) Just atm when you shoot people 3 times and they run through you like nothing its annoying.

DawnsEclips
02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I think this guy is right...everyone is so quick to complain when they get killed by Chainsaws. Only problem is has is lag, there is nothing wrong with it otherwise If you get killed by someone with a chainsaw, they're not the ones that suck, Its you.

aaspect
02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Which i don't understand at all...

The crabwalking was so out of hand in GOW1 and the roadie run/shotty imbalance. It ruined many games, as the jacked up chainsaw has in this game.

True! But yet it was awesome...bugs, glitches you can avoid them if you play with the right people. Gameplay issues? Nothing to do, you're ****ed.
ps:I almost never played ranked matches in the first one, I hold no interest in ranks, and it would be the same with gears 2 if it had player matches.

I think this guy is right...everyone is so quick to complain when they get killed by Chainsaws. Only problem is has is lag, there is nothing wrong with it otherwise If you get killed by someone with a chainsaw, they're not the ones that suck, Its you.

No it's them . See, we can do this forever. The truth is the chainsaw is broken, that's why they are fixing it, even if they tend to fix working stuff, this one sucks you in while being invincible due to permanent lag issues, ****ed up.

iGuNxSKiLLz
02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Failed.

So true. The reason why people hate that chainsaw is cause all of a sudden you get sucked in from the back and chopped in half by some kid who has no skill other than pressing a single button. Shotgun battles take skill and timing its nice to have those.

DawnsEclips
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
So true. The reason why people hate that chainsaw is cause all of a sudden you get sucked in from the back and chopped in half by some kid who has no skill other than pressing a single button. Shotgun battles take skill and timing its nice to have those.

Its called getting flanked. Maybe you shouldn't be running around with your shotgun whiped out all the time, The goal of the game is no to have shotgun battles, there are other weapons.

OMG bann shotgun The reason why people hate that shotgunners is cause all of a sudden you get shot from the back and blown to pieces by some kid who has no skill other than pressing a single trigger

No it's them . See, we can do this forever. The truth is the chainsaw is broken, that's why they are fixing it, even if they tend to fix working stuff, this one sucks you in while being invincible due to permanent lag issues, ****ed up.

you said it yourself, lag...no lag no problems.

x FuFu Reida
02-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Lag is a major problems, but their are other probems that kinda go hand in hand with lag and create like this giant black gooey blob of lag!

Thrax
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
So let me get this right? Someone kills the "pros" with their chainsaw it makes the person getting the kill a noob? Maybe you need to look at yourself when somebody chainsaws the **** out of you...

Also, first post!

SxAxW
02-26-2009, 01:41 PM

I enjoy that the chainsaw is actually effective because it adds variety to the game. Back in gears 1 i found it very frustrating how repetitive it got after about ten minutes of playing because the only effective weapon was the shotgun. In gears 2 however you have so much more at your disposal and the chainsaw as it is now is what keeps the two weapons balanced.

Be honest. How many times have really been killed by the chainsaw? If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Its 50/50 ratio. THAT IS BALANCE!!! This means as it is now the chainsaw and the shotgun are balanced. If you change it epic you will ruin the philosophy you had when you made gears 2. The cover system will be useless and it will be nothing but nonstop shotty kung-fu. DO NOT CHANGE THE SAW!!!!

One more thing before i go. The majority of players in the world aren't on these forums. The people on these forums are actually a very small crowd of people. The majority of gamers out there are happy with the way gears of war 2 plays. I am one of those gamers. Don't change the Chainsaw or i will be forced to sell the game just like i did with gears 1. I wont be able to stand the repetition. Title updates are meant to solve glitches like lag and host advantage and weapon sliding, not change the entire flow of the experience because that is changing what i payed for, i don't want that. All people who want pure shotgun battles should go play gears 1 because you will never be pleased with gears 2. EPIC LEAVE THE SAW ALONE!!!! Thank you for your time.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE CHAINSAW AND THE SHOTGUN ARE BALANCED. NOT ONLY DOES THE LANCER HAVE THE ADVANTAGE FROM A DISTANCE, BUT ITS BALANCED WITH THE SHOTGUN AT CLOSE RANGE BECAUSE OF THE CHAINSAW. I DON'T SEE THAT AS BALANCE. DO YOU? Chainsaw should get stunned when shot at with a shotgun.

GenoSCide
02-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Their is nothing wrong with the chainsaw. The only issue I have run into is that I would shoot a sawer point blank if the face and absolutly no stopping power on them. Only some guns do but the shotgun as far as I know does not stop them or slow them.

Fix that and it's all good.

Thrax
02-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Chainsaw Duels 69
Wins 35
Losses 26
Ties 8

Chainsaw Kills 463

:D

Konga
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM

I'll be honest. I die at least 4 times a match by the chainsaw. The weapon wouldn't be so damn annoying if you actually got stunned when I shot you like you're supposed to. And why don't you try using shotty kung-fu? It's not that easy, especially in Gears 2.

Thrax
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I challenge you to a chainsaw duel. FOR HONOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbonekilby
02-26-2009, 02:09 PM
i think that there is a medium on this issue, lately i have been seeing some crap (and i have done it too since its been done to me) where you shoot someone whith a close range weapon and they charge on throught with the chainsaw and kill you. the effect that gears 1 had needs to be brought back (you get shot you drop the saw). why isnt this in effect. I think that anyone who says shotgun battles take "skill" is retarded. this game was created to be realistic (read the note in the game booklet on why it was created) so why arent there more long range strategic battles? cause everyone runs in and uses the damn shotgun like morons, how is that realistic?

CarbonKILL
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry but I want to play a game that requires skill are you reallly that lazy? When i get on a game I'm playing to get better and be truly skillful it's not fair to good players to make it easy to get kills. I'm gonna take a shot here and say your waiting for a game to come out where you don't have to move OR aim when someone shows up on your screen you just press a button and they automaticlly die! right?

Hindesite
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
It is SO EASY to avoid being chainsawed by someone who you see coming.

All of you shotgun-weilding players claim to have such superior skill, yet you whine, whine, and whine, time and time again over getting killed by the chainsaw. If you're so skilled, why can't you avoid the chainsaws?! It's so easy, just roll away. It works every time.

Learn to play and stop attributing your deaths by chainsaw to an imbalanced system and just finally admit you're not as skilled as you think you are. If you were, you'd realize how easy it is to avoid chainsaw deaths. End of story.

Ski Bum
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
The chainsaw is supposed to be used in certain situations. That is what it's meant for. Not to run around revving it hoping the vacuum will suck somebody in. That's why the chainsaw wasn't a problem in Gears 1. The chainsaw must be and will be fixed. Tell me this isn't a problem, I was playing a match on Day One yesterday and the one of the rounds ended in less than 30 seconds. This is because every kid on both teams except for me ran at each other with chainsaws. I saw like 8 chainsaw kills fly up on the board at once. That is abuse of the chainsaw.

XpoopinyofaceXz
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
ur stupid dude...another pointless thread. ur prolly a noob that only sticks to ur chainsaw. another thing if u chainsaw ur setting urself up for a shotgun to the head u tart. thats y u die so quickly. thats y ppl use the shotgun.

Maester of War
02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Chainsaw is overpowered and requires little to no skill (hold B). Gears should not be a noob game, it should be the professional shooter that its predecessor aspired to be. If I wanted to play casual games, I'd play my Wii.

Avenger
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Chainsaw is overpowered and requires little to no skill (hold B). Gears should not be a noob game, it should be the professional shooter that its predecessor aspired to be. If I wanted to play casual games, I'd play my Wii.

Yea, but how do you think Epic will make more money? Making it an ultra noob friendly game, or a game that actually has a learning curve and a large skill gap?

Zawardo
02-26-2009, 02:54 PM
hello community of the gears of war forums.

Be honest. How many times have really been killed by the chainsaw? If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Its 50/50 ratio. That is balance!!! This means as it is now the chainsaw and the shotgun are balanced. If you change it epic you will ruin the philosophy you had when you made gears 2. The cover system will be useless and it will be nothing but nonstop shotty kung-fu. Do not change the saw!!!!

One more thing before i go. The majority of players in the world aren't on these forums. The people on these forums are actually a very small crowd of people. The majority of gamers out there are happy with the way gears of war 2 plays. I am one of those gamers. Don't change the chainsaw or i will be forced to sell the game just like i did with gears 1. I wont be able to stand the repetition. Title updates are meant to solve glitches like lag and host advantage and weapon sliding, not change the entire flow of the experience because that is changing what i payed for, i don't want that. All people who want pure shotgun battles should go play gears 1 because you will never be pleased with gears 2. Epic leave the saw alone!!!! Thank you for your time.

rofl......

Disrupt & Combust
02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Lol you fail so hard.

PrinceOfAllSaiyans
02-26-2009, 03:01 PM
haha, EPIC FAIL. go buy a wii kid, i think ull find the gameplay of that console more suited to ur linear needs....

twcblackhand6970
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
the only thing they are changing is the fact that you don't get stunned all the time when you get shot like you are supposed to. it's still going to be extremely noob to hold the B button and run around or hide behind a corner and vacuum someone though. :D

tbonekilby
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
its cute how everyone thinks shotguns are actually realistic in this game, its adorable you are all so cute!

oOausarOo
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
The problem is balance. This isn't an issue about forcing everyone to play the same style.

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Chainsawing is a lot like hooking up with a girl.......

hows that? lol explain, i'm curious.

Simbacca
02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
It is SO EASY to avoid being chainsawed by someone who you see coming.

All of you shotgun-weilding players claim to have such superior skill, yet you whine, whine, and whine, time and time again over getting killed by the chainsaw. If you're so skilled, why can't you avoid the chainsaws?! It's so easy, just roll away. It works every time.

Learn to play and stop attributing your deaths by chainsaw to an imbalanced system and just finally admit you're not as skilled as you think you are. If you were, you'd realize how easy it is to avoid chainsaw deaths. End of story.

QFT. I hardly ever get chainsawed anymore and I'm certainly not what most would consider a great player. The bug with the chainsaw needs to be fixed cause, after all, patches are about fixing bugs. (the bug i'm talking about is the tested and proven error that it takes more bullets from any gun to get the chainsaw to lower at close range than it does with the same weapon at mid-range) But like I said, even with this bug in place as it is now, I hardly ever get chainsawed anymore (except when swarmed and outnumbered from all sides). Roll back, shoot, roll back, shoot, roll back, shoot, chainsawer is down.

GBarrs
02-26-2009, 03:14 PM
it's wrong for people walking around like retarded chainsaw masacre rip-off's with no reprocution for it in a game that's supposed to be a tactical cover -based shooter

PrinceOfAllSaiyans
02-26-2009, 03:21 PM
u shouldnt have to dive out of the way, u have a fking shotgun afterall. sure i can avoid a chainsawer by shooting, then rolling, rinse, and repeating. but fk that. if i shoot u in the face while ur chasing me with a chainsaw, tell me u wouldnt drop that mutha? anyway, its a hit detection issue and its already fixed for tu3...

p.s. wtf do u mean chainsawing is like hooking up with a woman? lol

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 03:22 PM
p.s. wtf do u mean chainsawing is like hooking up with a woman? lol

I know, i quoted that cuz i want to know what he meant too lol maybe he thinks its easy. haha

GBarrs
02-26-2009, 03:25 PM
chainsaws get rid of wood just like women can help you get rid of your "wood"

DragonEmperor
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Failed.

I tend to disagree, wall bouncing takes skill, using a shotgun while wall bouncing takes skill, using a shotgun period does not.

In Gears of War I Got bored of using the Gnasher so I started using my lancer and its chainsaw capability... all I did was literally run circles around people and down them, and then finish them off, or if they start reloading or jam reload... Chainsaw for a quick finish, people got pissed off at me saying it takes no skill yet... if they were as skilled as they said they were, killing a guy with a Lancer/Chainsaw wouldn't be so hard/impossible then would it?

I would sometimes shotgun dual these people just to prove I am good with it... raped them with it and they started swearing saying I got lucky and other things cry babies yell out when they lose.

Call me a noob all you want but I bought Gears of War and I could play it anyway I wanted to so if I had fun playing with a Lancer, Longshot and Pistol than so be it, just remember that no weapon is a "noob weapon", however I would not suggest running around people shooting your lancer because it does not work very well, however if they run at you and try to two-piece... standing there and shooting them works most of the time.
-------------------------------

Lol wow...

TwoSecondShottyLag
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Another "wah i suck at gears if war don't take away my only source of kill income" thread.

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM

Ohhhhhh CLEVER!! hahaha

BAZ89
02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
the chainsaw will still be effective, but don't u think that if someone shoots u in the face just before Ur about to chainsaw them u should drop the saw? i do and so do EPIC and that's why there changing it in the TU3 it doesnt mean u wont be able to use it just that "when getting shot whilst reving the chainsaw lowers it"

PrinceOfAllSaiyans
02-26-2009, 03:44 PM

pmsl, very nice.....also perhaps a chainsaw is like a woman in the way that if u keep either lubricated well enough, they can last forever? o that's just terrible lol.

THE G0DCHILD
02-26-2009, 03:47 PM
the chainsaw isnt really getting nerfed just fixed, i mean i don't think Epic wanted the Chainsaw weilder to take a shotgun to the chest and still be able to come at you, chainsaw takes zero skill at all the way its set up right now, I know a guy who abuse the chainsaw alot its the only way he gets kills cause he just runs up to me I shoot him with the shotgun, he can still run at me and i get chainsawed.

DragonEmperor
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
pmsl, very nice.....also perhaps a chainsaw is like a woman in the way that if u keep either lubricated well enough, they can last forever? o that's just terrible lol.
Oh my gosh...... I thought you were going to say something about the Vacuum effect... (Caused by lag)

HoloDek Kittery
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
My question is WHY? What satisfaction do you get from chainsawing a player then dying? A baby could do it. I will never understand the idiots who will walk up behind two enemies and chainsaw one, then die, when in the same amount of time they could kill one with the shotty then use SKILL to beat the other.

You essentially give up your chance to do better and develop skill as a player when you chainsaw.

BUT.. if youre cool with losing in life then chainsaw awayyyy

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh my gosh...... I thought you were going to say something about the Vacuum effect... (Caused by lag)

lol you guys are bad..

If Epic permits us, there so HAS TO BE A THREAD of these sayings. "A chainsaw is like a woman because..."

or like.... Smoke grenades are like..... blue balls because they irritate everyone. Well sorry OP i think i'm about to get this thread closed or just mine removed. Oh well....

DspartaN
02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Play CoD. It's a much easier game.

Zivmovic
02-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Psht, what a n00b :p

oOausarOo
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
The 3rd patch has chainsaw noobs everywhere shaking in fear.

HaydenH
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM

The game can be balanced by reducing the chainsaw also, actually the chainsaw is way too overpowered, someone with the chainsaw can run through 3-4 direct Gnasher blasts and score a kill, not right IMO.

The lancers damage needs to be increased to put rushers at bay, the thing is though that people will cry about that also, but it is necessary.

Gnasher melee needs to be drastically reduced so that it does only about 20% damage, although the bullet damage needs to be upped just a tiny bit.

Alot of things need to be balanced before it'll ever come close being the cover based shooter it is supposed be.

You must not be hitting them, two direct shots can down a person. It works fine, the thing stalls when you get a decently aimed shot on it.

If you see someone with a lancer, retreat, don't run at them hoping to get lucky with your shotgun.

I think it's all of you who have to change YOUR playing style, if you're chainsawed over and over again, you're doing something wrong.

mcnoiserdc
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
All I see in this forum is people crying about the chainsaw. The chainsaw only works at a very close range, if you are skilled, you won't let a "noob" get close enough to chainsaw you. And yes shotty all the time as this game is in multiplayer is leaving a big part of the game behind. Then epic should release a shooty wars game for you guys that all you know is rush to two piece or shotgun the others.

sSuPeRbAd
02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
GoW1 MP + GoW2 starting HB = electirc sex

OT: ppl hate the chainsaw now because its impossible to stop a chainsaw revving unless youre host.

Ski Bum
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM

True Statement.

Kantham
02-26-2009, 04:54 PM

More like TU3 has "chainsaw noobs" going to play another game because their weapon has been nerfed.

PE3 Na5tY
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Sweet i cant wait to watch a kid run at me with a chainsaw so i can blow him away with my shotty then he will be like (and this is purposely spelled wrong.) "WTF M4N I R PRE55ED B ON UR ASS AND LKE TOALLY SHOULD CHIANSAWED YOU U R HACKERZ" i cant wait for this TU :)

The Cool Chill
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok I just had to say something about this:

ShermTank this is your signature thingy isnt it?

"Welcome to Gears of War 2. Where we play NOTHING like Gears 1 and that's the way we like it!"

So, this really ticks me off, I'm a Gears1 fan so y should I get screwed over because you couldnt get used to Gears1? Why should the entire game be changed because of people like you who probably sold Gears1 because they couldn't use the "B" button. And who is "WE" anyway, people who play the same mainstream game all the time like Halo or COD, cause unfortunately Gears2 is now mainstream thanks to audiences like you who couldn't get used to the skill and speed in Gears1.

Well Gears2 would be balanced if Epic brought back the flinch for both meleeing and chainsaw. One shot to someone using the "B" button and they flinch, easy, it worked in Gears1 whenever I chainsawed someone in Gears1 I had to be sneaky, I had to earn my kill, but in Gears2 you dont need to earn a kill cause you can run thru 3 or 4 shots and still chainsaw your target. And with melees there isnt even a flinch no matter how many times you shot a target thats meleeing.

Slothy
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL can't touch this!

GrungeDemon
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM

I agree 100% with you. They also need to get rid of the chainsaw vacuum though, seriously people can suck other people in well they are 20 ft away with the lancer so yeah the vacuum needs to go.

Nice sig by the way.:D

the colonel
02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Actually every weapon in gears 1 was effective, you just had to have a little bit of skill to use them.

ProveN
02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
if your bad at the game dont play it.
dont get pissed at us becuase you need a weapon that requires 1 button press and has auto aim.
the chainsaw was fun when it was hard to use it
i laugh my ass off when i get chainsawed or see someone else getting chainsawed in gears 1.
in gears 2 its just gay, homo, and absoluty a ***** move.

BBMN
02-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Is it so wrong that not everyone runs around with a shotgun flipping around like ninjas?

I don't... and a lot of other folks don't either.

Why do you all feel it necessary that everyone in the game have the same playing style as you?

Who are you talking to?

Back in gears 1 i found it very frustrating how repetitive it got after about ten minutes of playing because the only effective weapon was the shotgun.

I'm a veteran of Gears 1. I rarely used the shotgun. And I am pretty damn good. The lancer was just fine in 1. I was, and still am complete monster with it. If you sucked with it, then you just weren't that good.

The statement you made is just wrong, plain and simple. The sniper was off the chart deadly in the original. And if you got good at the Torque like I did, you could crush entire teams.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SAW!!!!

CAPS WILL NOT CHANGE THE INEVITABLE!!!1!!1

The original saw was balanced. This one is not. Sorry that you sucked with it in the original.

Bizkitdoh
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM

put very well.

IDK about shotgun melee nerfing, maybe 3 hits for ALL guns IMO.
due to the speed up of the stun the 3 hits could be better.

other than taht i agree with everything else.
lancer is mixed because it has SO MANY bullets in 1 clip.
but if any damadge increase make it VERY little.

nothing to match hammerburst.

IxI B3RSERK IxI
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes i am being serious when i say this.

Wow go die n00b. Epic, Please ban this nubsauce

tbonekilby
02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow go die n00b. Epic, Please ban this nubsauce

haha noobsauce is great i like it on my teryaki

hey Mario
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
hey, you guys ever seen his montage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1W-N6iO4Z0

idk what do you guys think about it?

pop! goes the weasel lol :D

undrgroundskat3r
02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
um it makes sence because in real life if you where to hit me and i had a chiansaw it wouldnt magically jam my saw. Also i've never had any of that other stuff happen to me so i wouldnt know, or your lying.

it doesn't jam the chainsaw it stuns your guy and im pretty sure in real life if u got hit with a shotgun u would be dead!

E5 x illie
02-26-2009, 06:40 PM

Have you tried shooting once in a while?

kaienshiba
02-26-2009, 06:42 PM
lol at the montage all the chainsawing/spawn killing/botched shots.

so this guy is saying people who get good at a game have no life, yet he's so proud at being bad he takes time out of his awesome life to make heavily edited montages of mediocre game play. you must be proud.

Forgewolf
02-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I think they need to reduce shotgun's range and decrease chainsaw's power and it'll still be balanced, cause I'm tired of getting downed, by a damn shotgun from great distances, its lame! I use the Shotgun of course, but if a team pisses me off enough cause they use chainsaw tactic over and over again, I join them, turn the game around and have the most kills. I told my team mates, I'm on a mission to make everyone hate the chainsaw and discourage from using it. I bet the Lancer is even MLG certified, bet they have to use Hammerburst.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
For all of you people saying that i suck at this game check out my montage. i know how to do more than chainsaw. I just like using it.

Mellow B, AFK
02-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Sikk montage, bro!

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Sikk montage, bro!

Thanks man. :)

Avenger
02-26-2009, 07:15 PM
For all of you people saying that i suck at this game check out my montage. i know how to do more than chainsaw. I just like using it.

I lol'd and stopped watching when you dropped your shotgun for a torque.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM

Wow your just sad.

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 07:28 PM

haha yeah, who does that?

djericutz1
02-26-2009, 07:35 PM
I saw your montage, it's good. Just don't agree with you about the chainsaw and what is up with that last song on the montage? Way too slow and boring. Does not mix

BBMN
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
"Epic dont touch my chainsaw!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Needs more exclamation points. Like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XenoXniper
02-26-2009, 08:27 PM

Hey, im a gears 1 veteran, and i played the ass out of it, for years, i was one of those roadie running, shotgun ninjas... then gears 2 came out, it was a shock... but the chainsaw in gears 2 is very very annoying, and when i say this i say it in a good way. I am a legit rank 3, i was a rank 4 for along while before the sea of lagswitchers. I used the chainsaw when i was rank 1, and when i was rank 4.

Its only annoying because people cant adapt that the chainsaw plays a bigger part, ALOT bigger. As you say it is balanced now.

I totally agree with you man, as you said this community on these forums is really small, but im one person out of these people who agree 100%.

Deathtacular
02-26-2009, 08:35 PM
You say that it adds variety but do you realize that it detracts from the amount of skilled players in the online experience. I'd rather play with a bunch of skilled players who can kill me the way I kill them rather then having a bunch of noobs running around holding B. It's as easy as that.

The chainsaw still will kill people, but it will make so that everyone has a chance to survive. Remember that not everyone uses the Lancer for the Chainsaw. There are players who actually do use the BULLETS in the gun to kill others rather then the cheap insta-kill of the chainsaw. People also use the Hammerburst to pick off players. The Chainsaw is hard to down even with the Hammerburst, expecially at a close range. This way, one shot will stop you with no matter what gun, and it makes sense! Gears 1 made sense. Sure players used their shotguns but there were players who were good with the Lancer fire and were able to down people charging at them.

You just want the chainsaw to remain the same because you yourself have a hard time getting kills with anything else, so it's something for you to be concerned about....

"Oh boy, I have to learn how to actually aim and fire the Lancer?"
Yes.

F34R AXON
02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
The chainsaw is a noob weapon. On an extreamly laggy game (5 sec bullet lag) i can go 22 and 14 with it (annex). All i did that game was press B. That proves its a noob weapon, and a noob should not be able to kill a skilled player very often.

The shotgun takes skill, wall-bouncing takes skill, you would be doing it too if you could, but you cant, maybe its cuz you always just chainsaw and never get any better, or you just suck at shooters.

HaydenH
02-26-2009, 08:39 PM

I do that all the time...

You know what I do when I do this? Stay out of situations where the shotgun would be the most useful weapon, meaning I make people rush me and **** them up with the lancer or hammerburst. That or I just chainsaw the, if they get close enough.

Master Dohboy
02-26-2009, 08:55 PM
"Epic dont touch my chainsaw!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Needs more exclamation points. Like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill keep that in mind. ;)

muddeprived
02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
You say that it adds variety but do you realize that it detracts from the amount of skilled players in the online experience. I'd rather play with a bunch of skilled players who can kill me the way I kill them rather then having a bunch of noobs running around holding B. It's as easy as that.

The chainsaw still will kill people, but it will make so that everyone has a chance to survive. Remember that not everyone uses the Lancer for the Chainsaw. There are players who actually do use the BULLETS in the gun to kill others rather then the cheap insta-kill of the chainsaw. People also use the Hammerburst to pick off players. The Chainsaw is hard to down even with the Hammerburst, expecially at a close range. This way, one shot will stop you with no matter what gun, and it makes sense! Gears 1 made sense. Sure players used their shotguns but there were players who were good with the Lancer fire and were able to down people charging at them.

You just want the chainsaw to remain the same because you yourself have a hard time getting kills with anything else, so it's something for you to be concerned about....

"Oh boy, I have to learn how to actually aim and fire the Lancer?"
Yes.

That my friend, in bold, is your problem. You dislike the chainsaw because you let people get too close to you. If you are saying reducing the chainsaw effectiveness gives everyone has a chance to survive then you gotta be fair with all the other power weapons, like the sniper rifle and shotgun up close. Those kill you in one shot, just like the chainsaw does.

shagaboopon
02-26-2009, 08:59 PM
The chainsaw is a noob weapon. On an extreamly laggy game (5 sec bullet lag) i can go 22 and 14 with it (annex). All i did that game was press B. That proves its a noob weapon, and a noob should not be able to kill a skilled player very often.

The shotgun takes skill, wall-bouncing takes skill, you would be doing it too if you could, but you cant, maybe its cuz you always just chainsaw and never get any better, or you just suck at shooters.

A typical shotgun players response on this forum. If the chainsaw is so amazingly overpowered then you'd use it as a primary weapon all the time. You're just a little miffed because you've been chopped one two many times trying to cheaply 2 piece people.

I agree they should fix the glitch so it lowers the saw when you're shot but the rest of the elitist crap about the shotgun is getting old. Try running round a map with b held on the chainsaw sometime and let me know when you get more kills than you do with the shotgun, then lets talk about weapon balancing seriously.

NeMeSiS446
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
That my friend, in bold, is your problem. You dislike the chainsaw because you let people get too close to you. If you are saying reducing the chainsaw effectiveness gives everyone has a chance to survive then you gotta be fair with all the other power weapons, like the sniper rifle and shotgun up close. Those kill you in one shot, just like the chainsaw does.

Are you from the GameFAQ forums?

PE3 Na5tY
02-26-2009, 09:01 PM

Good point. but think about this. The chainsaw kill is a animation so you hold down the b button walk to the person getting shot 5-7 times still walking and then boom saw the kid in half thats a BUG and they will FIX IT so that the game is FAIR. Stop trying to protect the bug on the chainsaw its so stupid learn to get good then talk

Slim09
02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
just because someone thinks the chainsaw is over powered doesn't mean they are a "shotgun whore"

if the chainsaw wasn't broken, they wouldn't be fixing it in TU3.

muddeprived
02-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Good point. but think about this. The chainsaw kill is a animation so you hold down the b button walk to the person getting shot 5-7 times still walking and then boom saw the kid in half thats a BUG and they will FIX IT so that the game is FAIR. Stop trying to protect the bug on the chainsaw its so stupid learn to get good then talk

People still walk up to me after i'm putting 3/4 clip into their head and still shotgun me to pieces. Same thing. In real life, you would DIE in one shot to the head. This is a video game. It's not gonna be 100% accurate or how we want it. The chainsaw is powerful. The shotgun is powerful. The sniper rifle is powerful. The hammer of dawn is way more powerful. We just gotta adapt to this. The chainsaw is so easy to counter: just get AWAY. I've had many chainsawers run after me and all i did was keep diving away till i came around a corner and then i revved my saw and dueled them to a win. There's always a solution to a headache besides popping pills, or in this case modifying the game, for the fix.

julianwelton
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh my god twenty pages, really? This thread is stupid, the OP is stupid why is this thread still open? Why are there so many people defending a bug? If you can't admit that its bull*hit when someone aims and shoots you from 5-10 feet away 3-7 times, and you don't get downed, killed, or stunned then you are stupid.

NeMeSiS446
02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Oh my god twenty pages, really? This thread is stupid, the OP is stupid why is this thread still open? Why are there so many people defending a bug? If you can't admit that its bull*hit when someone aims and shoots you from 5-10 feet away 3-7 times, and you don't get downed, killed, or stunned then you are stupid.

Same thing with the weapon slide, and the tons of threads that "MLG USEZ WEPON SLIDE LOLZ"

Slim09
02-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Same thing with the weapon slide, and the tons of threads that "MLG USEZ WEPON SLIDE LOLZ"

lol yeah i know. like MLG is the video gaming bible. MLG is a joke.

NeMeSiS446
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
lol yeah i know. like MLG is the video gaming bible. MLG is a joke.

[prepares for MLG fanboys text assault]

Slim09
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
[prepares for MLG fanboys text assault]

lol yeah i know.

"but MLG blah blah blah"

Por2gee123
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I disagree
its not fair for them to change the game so much just that N00bs can get kills.

Slim09
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I disagree
its not fair for them to change the game so much just that N00bs can get kills.

i would agree or disagree if i knew what you meant.

muddeprived
02-26-2009, 09:29 PM

worthless post, and you are stupid for calling people stupid. keep the name calling to yourself.

NeMeSiS446
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
worthless post, and you are stupid for calling people stupid. keep the name calling to yourself.

Actually, your posts are worthless, the chainsaw has a bug, and is being fixed, so there is no need to keep defending this.

You MUST be from the GameFAQ forums?

muddeprived
02-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Actually, your posts are worthless, the chainsaw has a bug, and is being fixed, so there is no need to keep defending this.

You MUST be from the GameFAQ forums?

nice comeback kiddo. you could at least say something other than what i just said.

gamefaq forums? who gives a rat's nut about gamefaq forums?

Deathtacular
02-26-2009, 09:50 PM

I wasn't saying I had a problem, I still kill chainsawing noobs no problem. It IS an issue if a player, not me, has to deal with three or even four chainsawers running at him at once when he is using his hammerburst. It's a chainsaw orgy that can't be stopped. That's the only issue I have, when 3 or 4 close in on you with their chainsaws, you CAN'T live. And Don't forget that the Sniper and Shotgun both require skill to get the one shot kill.

shagaboopon
02-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I wasn't saying I had a problem, I still kill chainsawing noobs no problem. It IS an issue if a player, not me, has to deal with three or even four chainsawers running at him at once when he is using his hammerburst. It's a chainsaw orgy that can't be stopped. That's the only issue I have, when 3 or 4 close in on you with their chainsaws, you CAN'T live. And Don't forget that the Sniper and Shotgun both require skill to get the one shot kill.

Why would 4 people be rushing you with the chainsaw, you'd have to have been a loner, had the rest of your team die or been stupid enough to run into 2 teams dueling on Wingman. In all those scenarios you should quite rightly be heavily favoured to die.

zNick
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
read the first post and honestly dude, they changed the shot gunners way of play why can't they change your to?

julianwelton
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
worthless post, and you are stupid for calling people stupid. keep the name calling to yourself. Its not stupid its just fact. The chainsaw has a bug that damages the gameplay of Gears 2, and for anyone to defend something that makes the game unfun for the majority of the community (not to mention its a BUG) is stupid.

Here is my first post to the OP's original post.

I'm sorry, but the OP is an idiot. I assume what you're saying is that you would like the chainsaw to stay how it is, i.e. when you shoot someone who is revving the chainsaw and they don't get stunned? Well thats probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and has already been fixed in TU3 (so they say). I like how you said "I wont be able to stand the repetition" isn't chainsawing someone over and over repetition as well?

I'd also like to point out this doozy "If you look at my kill to death ratio you will find that i actually have a 1.06. This is a very low score and i do use the chainsaw. So basically what this means is that everytime i use the saw i get a kill then i die. Its 50/50 ratio. THAT IS BALANCE!!! This means as it is now the chainsaw and the shotgun are balanced", your personal stats have no bearing on whether the game is balanced or not. I know a guy that has almost a 3.0 K/D does that mean the game is imbalanced? I'll just say for you what you really wanted to say.

"Please Epic don't fix the chainsaw, all I know how to do is hold the B button and run at people, but if you fix it I won't be able to get bull*hit kills anymore". How about this, why don't you learn how to use another weapon i.e. Hammerburst, Lancer (Bullets), Torque, Snipe, Pistol, Shotgun, Flamethrower, Grenades. If you refuse to learn to use another weapon you could just stop playing Gears altogether, because I promise you no one will miss you.

Those ridiculously stupid parts in bold are quotes from the OP, who obviously just doesn't want to learn to use another weapon, and can only get kills with the chainsaw.

SavagePrisoner
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM

no, it will be Gears 2, but better.

julianwelton
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Same thing with the weapon slide, and the tons of threads that "MLG USEZ WEPON SLIDE LOLZ" I'd say the same thing to them. Weapon slide undermines the gameplay, because instead of having to work together to get power weapons one guy can go in there against five enemies and come out with the power weapon.

julianwelton
02-26-2009, 10:43 PM
no, it will be Gears 2, but better. I think a lot of people would want it to be Gears 1. Gears 1 sold very well, and remained in the number one spot of most played games on XBL for almost two years. I'm not saying I want it to go back to the way Gears 1 was, but I do want my weapons to function properly again.

Thrax
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Plenty of times I have tried to go all Rambo and chainsaw the **** out of an opponent but he takes me out with the shotgun from mid-range. If you aren't good enough with the shotgun to kill a chainsaw wielding maniac, maybe you should use the chainsaw too?

muddeprived
02-26-2009, 11:23 PM

if you got 3 or 4 guys coming at you, you are more likely gonna die regardless od what weapon they have. thats called swarming the enemy and its very difficult to counter. if they fix whatever you guys say is broken, you will still get sawed by one of the three or four rushing you.

CanOGears
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
The chainsaw is cool i agree but, honestly is not the way you play, it the way you can escape it now you shoot roll back, shoot ro-- CHAINSAWWWW.
if thats how epic meant gears to be played, then im going to stop playing.

Snnapz
02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Most people who play games want to work towards something. If I am not working towards anything then why the hell should I bother?? I dont really play for fun, I play to get better so I can beat that four stack in a 1v1. The chainsaw completely eliminates that factor from the game, giving a no stack the opportunity to kill a high skilled player.

blacksabbath4ever
02-27-2009, 12:09 AM
You are a noooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Jherek
02-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Plenty of times I have tried to go all Rambo and chainsaw the **** out of an opponent but he takes me out with the shotgun from mid-range. If you aren't good enough with the shotgun to kill a chainsaw wielding maniac, maybe you should use the chainsaw too?

Yes, if you have host or a better connection then it's very possible. But those scenarios are rare.

Someone posted a Youtube link on here that I have to find... basically someone went up to a guy on Stasis whose back was turned and hit him in the back of the head with a shotgun, point blank. It didn't blow his head of like it should have. He shot again, was a bit off but still hit and considering the first shot, should have certainly downed the guy. The guy revs his chainsaw while his back is still turned to the shotgunner and does an automatic 360 and kills him. Things like this happen frequently. EDIT - here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjJLIBNfZqk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdHmWyw3Ek#t=0m23s

He's a bit far away, but in a local match that would have downed the other person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdHmWyw3Ek#t=0m46s

If nothing like this has ever happened to you, you mustn't actually play the game online.

And in response to "just use your chainsaw too." I've tried this. Sometimes the chainsaw duel won't register despite it looking like it should have - there's an example of this in the video as well. A result of lag. I can have it revving and it appears to be "aimed" right at the other guy, but he simply chainsaws me instead of entering a duel. There was also an entire Thread dedicated to proving that the rate at which you tap B doesn't mean a thing.. it's dependant on connection. But even if it does, people cheat by using modified controllers. It's also just flat-out a poor tactic and leaves you exposed... if things worked properly, there would be no need to "just use your chainsaw too."

They're fixing the issue with the chainsaw not lowering, and improving lag in the next TU3, so....

The 88
02-27-2009, 12:47 AM

Saddest most pathetic post ever on this forum?

What do you guys think?

My vote is yes.

Wow man, I can't believe anyone actually feels this way. There are ISSUES with the chainsaw due to lag, that's why NECESSARY changes are being made. If you actually look at the sales charts for games and the Live activity chart, you'll see that GOW 2 is not doing well at all. This speaks VOLUMES for the community. The people who come to the forums are actually players who care enough to have their opinion heard. Sadly, most will simply sell their copy of the game or just not play it again.

GOW 1 sat at the top of the Live activity list for ages and sold consistently for quite some time! I just had a look at the UK chart and GOW 2 isn't even in the top 15 and that's after 4 months of release, it's not good... The choice to make this game different to GOW 1 was a bad idea and I KNOW Epic know this now.

muddeprived
02-27-2009, 02:50 AM
Saddest most pathetic post ever on this forum?

What do you guys think?

My vote is yes.

Wow man, I can't believe anyone actually feels this way. There are ISSUES with the chainsaw due to lag, that's why NECESSARY changes are being made. If you actually look at the sales charts for games and the Live activity chart, you'll see that GOW 2 is not doing well at all. This speaks VOLUMES for the community. The people who come to the forums are actually players who care enough to have their opinion heard. Sadly, most will simply sell their copy of the game or just not play it again.

GOW 1 sat at the top of the Live activity list for ages and sold consistently for quite some time! I just had a look at the UK chart and GOW 2 isn't even in the top 15 and that's after 4 months of release, it's not good... The choice to make this game different to GOW 1 was a bad idea and I KNOW Epic know this now.

I disagree with you. Not everyone thinks they way you do. The member posted his opinion and briefly explained why and you shoot him down for expressing what he feels? how would you feel if someone shot down your comments? Ease up man. I agree with the post completely so don't think the world revolves around only one opinion.

You can't always expect a sequel to match the original. GOW1 was on top because it was a new game that had new stuff in it and was exciting to play because of it's rareness. Not many games were like gow1. Now gow2 came out with some changes to keep things interesting but the hype is dying down, not cuz of the game, but because hype doesn't always last forever. Yeah the lag issue is affecting a whole bunch of stuff in gow2 but i wouldn't say that's the key reason why gow2 isn't as successful. Not everyone has LIVE or high speed internet so a majority of them are enjoying the game lag-free and playing it without any updates and not complaining like most of the people on this board do. Some of us jumped into the Gears world by playing gow2 first. Most of us who did this don't have much if any issues with the game because it's all new to us. Those of you who played gow1 first and then hit up gow2 are disappointed because epic did not make IDENTICAL games. You guys don't like change or cannot accept it for some reason. I played gow2 before gow1 and i love the 2nd than the first. The lag issue doesn't bother me and this so-called chainsaw bug is not an issue either. We started out with the chainsaw this way so that's how we think it should work. You guys started with the old chainsaw from gow1 and expected it to be exactly the same in gow2 but unfortunately that was not the case and you guys are making it out to be the end of the world. I don't mean to talk about another game, but we had homing capabilities with the rocket launcher in halo and then the next game removed that. The homing ability was a badass option that should've stayed in the game but they took it out. Did we all complain about it in the next game? no. Did we demand bungie to fix it and bring back the old rocket launcher? no. We adapted and made our skills work with the new rocket launcher. You guys can do that with the chainsaw if you tried a little.

It's ok to accept change. It's ok to be chainsawed once in a while. Quit making a big deal out of the saw unless you get sawed EVERY FREAKIN TIME you play, which is never the case. I bet most of you are pissed cuz you lost a game or two from lack of skill in avoiding the chainsaw and cuz of that lack of skill, you demand it changed so your game becomes perfect. There are two people in the world, those who adapt to succeed and those who demand something changed to achieve their success (easy life). I prefer to play with those who adapt than those who complain and whine.

Jherek
02-27-2009, 03:36 AM
The member posted his opinion and briefly explained why and you shoot him down for expressing what he feels?

No offense mate but you talk like it's a really touchy subject and he poured his heart out to you... lol.

You can't always expect a sequel to match the original.

That's not what this is about. This wasn't an intentional change, it was a mistake, which is why one of the developers has said they "found the issue" causing this problem and it will be fixed in TU3. This would be like the sniper making headshots when you shoot someone in the foot, or the sniper having auto aim - it's bogus.

I bet most of you are pissed cuz you lost a game or two from lack of skill in avoiding the chainsaw and cuz of that lack of skill, you demand it changed so your game becomes perfect.

I really wish you people would read. Look just a few posts up and you will see VIDEO EXAMPLES of the issue that has NOTHING to do with a lack of skill.. it has to do with in-game issues that need to be fixed. If I run in to gib him, I get chainsawed obviously. So I stay back and fire from a distance but his chainsaw either sucks me in from a couple feet away or my shotgun shots don't register and he simply runs right up to me while I'm in cover because of it. And while it doesn't happen all the time, I've played a fair number of games where people run around hold B and there's nothing you can do because of the aforementioned issues.

julianwelton
02-27-2009, 03:58 AM
I disagree with you. Not everyone thinks they way you do. The member posted his opinion and briefly explained why and you shoot him down for expressing what he feels? how would you feel if someone shot down your comments? Ease up man. I agree with the post completely so don't think the world revolves around only one opinion.

"The member posted his opinion and briefly explained why and you shoot him down for expressing what he feels?" Really? Yeah he expresed how he felt about it by spouting a bunch of nonesense. What he basically said was "don't fix the broken weapon or I wont be able to get kills anymore". Nothing he said made sense to any logically thinking human being.

muddeprived
02-27-2009, 06:01 AM
No offense mate but you talk like it's a really touchy subject and he poured his heart out to you... lol.

That's not what this is about. This wasn't an intentional change, it was a mistake, which is why one of the developers has said they "found the issue" causing this problem and it will be fixed in TU3. This would be like the sniper making headshots when you shoot someone in the foot, or the sniper having auto aim - it's bogus.

I really wish you people would read. Look just a few posts up and you will see VIDEO EXAMPLES of the issue that has NOTHING to do with a lack of skill.. it has to do with in-game issues that need to be fixed. If I run in to gib him, I get chainsawed obviously. So I stay back and fire from a distance but his chainsaw either sucks me in from a couple feet away or my shotgun shots don't register and he simply runs right up to me while I'm in cover because of it. And while it doesn't happen all the time, I've played a fair number of games where people run around hold B and there's nothing you can do because of the aforementioned issues.

I'm not talking like it's a touchy subject, i'm respecting other people's opinion. I never go around saying "isn't he such a 'tard for saying that" or "anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid" or "saddest most pathetic post ever" do i? I show some respect and if i disagree, i explain why without being so harsh like you guys do it. I'm a member of 14 forums, jeeps and game forums, and i never experienced such a forum like this. There's like no respect whatsoever. Everyone acts as if they are the boss or nothing means anything but their own opinion. You guys need to lighten up a little. If you approached me and talked to me that way in person, i'd knock your lights out and give you one helluva verbal beating. Just show some respect and keep the harsh words to yourself. Act like an adult and speak to each other like you would to everyone else in the real world. E-thugs are what ruins forums.

I did watch the videos twice. What i see is the player running up close to the opponent. WHY would you do that in a battle? If you want to stay alive, keep your distance, have some patience and wait till they come out or move. They will sooner or later. Everytime i see a chainsaw-broken-video, it's always of the player rushing in to get a kill, when they could've easily just killed em from the distance. The person using the chainsaw used it for how it was supposed to be used: when the enemy gets too close or suddent close-range attacks. I don't see a problem there. I do see the shotgun not registering in that one video when the guy was turned around. That had to be a lag issue, otherwise....the shotgun is broken????? (sigh).

muddeprived
02-27-2009, 06:11 AM
"The member posted his opinion and briefly explained why and you shoot him down for expressing what he feels?" Really? Yeah he expresed how he felt about it by spouting a bunch of nonesense. What he basically said was "don't fix the broken weapon or I wont be able to get kills anymore". Nothing he said made sense to any logically thinking human being.

DUDE, listen for once. HE WAS EXPRESSING HIS OPINION. Whether it made sense or not TO YOU, you still don't have the right to go around saying "oh nothing he said made sense blah blah. It made alot of sense to me. It's him telling us that the chainsaw is fine to him, as it is to me as well, and explains why. i don't see what's not making sense in his post.

For instance:

That is actually true. i don't play gow1 because of that. Most players are in love with the shotgun and it's boring that way. It's just like gow2, everyone's in love with the chainsaw and you guys are complaining. How come no one complains about the shotgun in gow1? Where's the fun diving around and shotgunning people the entire match?

nickal
02-27-2009, 06:31 AM

Maybe you should get a wii then?

EXTREME NOOBHUNTER
02-27-2009, 06:57 AM

Sorry to say this but please sell Gears 2 as you did with Gears 1! ;)

Zawardo
02-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Just buy a WII you casual

IPHXI ShermTank
02-27-2009, 07:15 AM
You know, i was going to read the rest of the pages on this thread, til i realized no one here makes sense. Everyone here that disagrees with the OP should sell Gears 2, go play Gears 1 and ask Epic for 6 new maps.

All you morons care about is your stupid ass shotgun and how many times you can wall bounce and superman someone in a game. They might as well take the Lancer out of this game cause no one is going to use it EVER again after TU3. Period.

Go back to gay ass Gears 1 and have your stupid ass shotty fests on a game that takes NO SKILL at all and rewards host and the lucky wall bouncer.

I prefer Gears the way it is now. Shotgun battles are retarded and might be the worst thing to happen to gaming EVER. Your good, you can walk in circles and shoot your shotgun at each other. Give me a break!

Forbidden1124
02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
sell ur game back this game doesnt need noobs like u

IPHXI ShermTank
02-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Yes, if you have host or a better connection then it's very possible. But those scenarios are rare.

Someone posted a Youtube link on here that I have to find... basically someone went up to a guy on Stasis whose back was turned and hit him in the back of the head with a shotgun, point blank. It didn't blow his head of like it should have. He shot again, was a bit off but still hit and considering the first shot, should have certainly downed the guy. The guy revs his chainsaw while his back is still turned to the shotgunner and does an automatic 360 and kills him. Things like this happen frequently. EDIT - here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjJLIBNfZqk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdHmWyw3Ek#t=0m23s

He's a bit far away, but in a local match that would have downed the other person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdHmWyw3Ek#t=0m46s

If nothing like this has ever happened to you, you mustn't actually play the game online.

And in response to "just use your chainsaw too." I've tried this. Sometimes the chainsaw duel won't register despite it looking like it should have - there's an example of this in the video as well. A result of lag. I can have it revving and it appears to be "aimed" right at the other guy, but he simply chainsaws me instead of entering a duel. There was also an entire Thread dedicated to proving that the rate at which you tap B doesn't mean a thing.. it's dependant on connection. But even if it does, people cheat by using modified controllers. It's also just flat-out a poor tactic and leaves you exposed... if things worked properly, there would be no need to "just use your chainsaw too."

They're fixing the issue with the chainsaw not lowering, and improving lag in the next TU3, so....

Since you probably didn't watch the video for the truth....i will point it out to you.

If you watch the first video and pause it within the 2 second frame, you will see that is when his bullets come out of his gun. Half the aiming box is not covering the enemy. AND with the 3rd person cam this game has, the bullets naturally come out and hit to the LEFT side of the aiming box. This being the side that missed the enemy, i would say 2 PELLETS out of a 12 gauge shell hit him. No way in HELL that downs ANYONE. Period.

So basically, he MISSED....point blank and he tried to quick aim instead of shooting him in the mass of his body. If your not smart enough to aim at the mass area of an enemys body, from point blank, AND you miss your shot....you deserve to get chainsawed!

Zawardo
02-27-2009, 07:28 AM
You know, i was going to read the rest of the pages on this thread, til i realized no one here makes sense. Everyone here that disagrees with the OP should sell Gears 2, go play Gears 1 and ask Epic for 6 new maps.

All you morons care about is your stupid ass shotgun and how many times you can wall bounce and superman someone in a game. They might as well take the Lancer out of this game cause no one is going to use it EVER again after TU3. Period.

Go back to gay ass Gears 1 and have your stupid ass shotty fests on a game that takes NO SKILL at all and rewards host and the lucky wall bouncer.

I prefer Gears the way it is now. Shotgun battles are retarded and might be the worst thing to happen to gaming EVER. Your good, you can walk in circles and shoot your shotgun at each other. Give me a break!

OMG looking your GoW1 achievement the only weapon achievement you have is the grenades one.

This is explain why you like so much GoW2, you casual.

Captain Nat X
02-27-2009, 07:35 AM
I use the lancer alot but I entirely agree with the shotgun users that the 'chainsaw vacuum' is rediculously unfair. I wish the lancer was ever so slightly more powerful so that people would shoot with it instead of crossing their fingers and hoping for an instakill. However, if the lancers power was pumped up then the hammerburst would become obsolete. I use the shotgun when against high rank opposition because they'd 2 piece me to death with my lancer out. But I have to say I usually fancy my chances with my chainsaw when the noobs stroll out in front of me with theirs revving. If you take the saw away you'd be taking away a part of what makes gears, gears. There is unfortunately no easy way to alter the lancer without annoying someone after the glitches are removed.