PDA

View Full Version : What will you do after tu3?

ELTANK0.1982
02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
expectations are high for TU3, epic have done a reasonable to good job with what they have done so far.

people want a whole bunch of stuff fixing in TU3 balancing, playlists etc. but ignoring this, what will you do if it still lags badly and people can still standby/lag switch and quitters arn't put in their place?

personally i have been playing since gow 1 release, i've been playing gears 2 in the hope its eventually fixed but if TU3 dosen't address there, what i conside to be the MAJOR problems, i will be out and will wait for reviews before buying gears 3.

sac9
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM
if they make the shotgun take skill to use like gears 1 then i will play gow 2 all day

RyderSyndicate
02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
if they make the shotgun take skill to use like gears 1 then i will play gow 2 all day

Other way around.

WoolyPower
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Apparently, region filters, or some form of them, are to be included in TU3. If that works, along with a very much needed host migration and Player matches, then everything should be good. But if all that is added and standbying is still possible with no solution, Gears 2 will then be the fail for sure.

Lepermessiah
02-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Wake up, eat, shower, go to work come home, same as any other day.

xXorangedroneXx
02-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Keep playing gow1

Kakashi
02-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Keep trolling the Gears forum

Fixed. ...

crudesunman
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Apparently, region filters, or some form of them, are to be included in TU3. If that works, along with a very much needed host migration and Player matches, then everything should be good. But if all that is added and standbying is still possible with no solution, Gears 2 will then be the fail for sure.

yup. all thats needed to be fixed in the lag, which region filters can improve, and thoes damn stanbyers....

Jhova8O8
02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
if it doesn't fix this game finally, im going to be very displeased with Epic's work ethic, and customer service.

its lame that we even have to deal with these TU's. I was under the impression that with the $60 I paid, I would in turn receive a completed game, I was wrong though.

and ill definitely not be buying gears 3 @ launch, or even after the innanetz reviews.

im going to wait and read what the online community has to say about the game before I think about giving epic any more of my moneyz

-LockOut-
02-04-2009, 02:53 PM
As long as some of the lag is reduced whether this may be in the form of region filters or pickin the host wit the best connection then ill be happy :D

Jazzy Geoff
02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Its the lag for me, get that right and maybe the game will be more playable. Maybe regional filters are the answer, but time will tell on that one no doubt. Not too sure about standbyers, what i mean is, what is it, forgive my ignorance here, i suppose i could do a search to find out:confused:

ELTANK0.1982
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Its the lag for me, get that right and maybe the game will be more playable. Maybe regional filters are the answer, but time will tell on that one no doubt. Not too sure about standbyers, what i mean is, what is it, forgive my ignorance here, i suppose i could do a search to find out:confused:

you know when your in a game (usually against rank 4's) then all of a sudden everybody is just running in to walls and you cant kill anyone, then the round ends and all you team are dead, thats standbying, the game messes up for everybody apart from the host who is the standbyer.

so basiclly they force host and then **** the game up for everybody apart from them therefore getting free kills and winning. they need to be shot themselves.

xSINxApocalypse
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Lag has been fixed reasonably well imo.
Stand by is the most annoying aspect of any game ever.
It takes all fun out of a game, why? Just to win?
Bunch of lame asses.
One simple way to suppress quitting would to have someone take their place, works in CoD.
Bringing back PLAYER matches would help quite a bit. Some people don't like playing for competition, and would rather play for fun.
Don't give me the arguement that private matches takes place of player matches, because it doesn't. Most xbox live users don't have nine friends who want to join their private match, and the bots are just plain stupid.
As for GoW3. I haven't lost faith in EPIC at all, as far as I can tell GoW2 is just getting better, so I'll be at another midnight release in 2010.

Overlord Rage
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I will still play the game but not as much. Out of every 10 games 5 or 6 of them standby me and its really annoying. I'm really hoping they eliminate lag/switch and standby.

Trepidity
02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
what will you do if it still lags badly and people can still standby/lag switch and quitters arn't put in their place?

Killzone 2

Sputnikk23
02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Wake up, eat, shower, go to work come home, same as any other day.

amen

*sigh*

Jazzy Geoff
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
you know when your in a game (usually against rank 4's) then all of a sudden everybody is just running in to walls and you cant kill anyone, then the round ends and all you team are dead, thats standbying, the game messes up for everybody apart from the host who is the standbyer.

so basiclly they force host and then **** the game up for everybody apart from them therefore getting free kills and winning. they need to be shot themselves.

I see now, many thanks

Sputnikk23
02-04-2009, 03:16 PM

I see now, many thanks

as he googles how to do it himself...

thanks for adding to the list. we just created another standbyer

ELTANK0.1982
02-04-2009, 03:18 PM

yeah ok mate, like he needed me to go on youtube and teach him how to do it.

outtcastt
02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
I have been playing Gears since the first one came out... there is a lot of tweaks that need to be fixed other than the whole lag... hammerburst, lancer, shotgun, and sniper should be tweaked a little bit

Jazzy Geoff
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM

Trust me mate, i wont be doing it, was just interested thats all, my philosophy is this, play the game as it is intended, or dont bother....i cant stand people who feel the need to cheat...whats the point and satisfaction in that, if i have a good match and play well, then i can be pleased with myself, if i cheat...i achieve nothing....nuff said

bradley097
02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
ill probably do the same thing as i am now, destroying people - gears 2 is fine get over it