PDA

View Full Version : So, if I lose 5v1 I can rank up?

Tremont
01-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by joeGraf
If you quit a match, you are put on a 3rd team (for non-Wingman). That 3rd team records a loss to both of the other teams. That means the single player that stays is given a win over a larger team and therefore gets more rank. So even if you lose 5 v 1, you still win a 1 v 4.

So, if I lose a 5v1, It counts as a 1v4 Win.

So, technically, I can rank up? Because in one of his other messages, he states we will not be penalized if we lose a match that we are expected to lose...

Originally Posted by joeGraf
If you are expected to lose and then fulfill that, you aren't penalized. You only lose rank when you are expected to win and fail to do so.

s__S
01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Copy and paste from my awnser in another thread how it works.

Rank system is based on W/L ratio

Here is how it works

Say you are a 3 bar and the rest of your team is a 2 bar and you are facing a full team of 4 bars it will look like this
11 v 20
(your team) ( Other team )

You the lower ranked team are supposed to win the match.What that means is if you win you get more exp points than you would winning against a lower ranked team.

Also say you are on a team right

Team 1: 5 Players
Team 2 : 5 Players

And everyone quits on team 2 except you.The people who quit will be put on Team 3 only quiters will be on team 3

Team 1: 5 players
Team 2: 1 player
Team 3: 4 players

Now say you lose the 5v1. BUT You get a free win against team 3 because they quit so it's like you won a 1v4.

Hope this helps.

Tremont
01-31-2009, 11:50 PM
I read that already. But I am still looking for an OPINION.

TheBlackFlame
01-31-2009, 11:56 PM
if you win 1v5 do you get major exp points? Is tha why when ****heads are lag switching everyone on their team quits apart from them?

Tremont
01-31-2009, 11:58 PM
You got it.

V1cK
02-01-2009, 12:01 AM
So, if I lose a 5v1, It counts as a 1v4 Win.

So, technically, I can rank up? Because in one of his other messages, he states we will not be penalized if we lose a match that we are expected to lose...

So let me get this straight. If everyone on my team leaves and I stay to get destroyed and have a terrible experience I get rewarded with "xp"? Thanks...but no thanks. I could care less about the rank..I just want to have fun when I play and its not fun playing 1 v 5. They need to let people join mid game if necessary and not penalize the players that just joined the game if they lose...

TheBlackFlame
02-01-2009, 12:04 AM
There should be a quit option anyway. quitting to dashboard is a pain but sometimes you just have no choice.

Mstryking
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
So if everyone on Team 1 and Team 2 quits except for one person on each team, would this mean that it was 1v1v8? and both people that didn't quit automatically beat a team consisting of 8 people?

Carper
02-01-2009, 05:50 AM
So does the XP you get subtract or cancel each other out?

For example, if my team is predicted to win, and everyone on my team quits because we're losing and I'm the only one left - does that mean I lose the XP because I was predicted to win, yet gain a 1v4 win? - so does the XP subtract from each other producing a total earned?

f00tyfreak
02-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Ohhh!

So its like adding your ranks together and thats like how many players you count as. Wow. Try putting a bunch of rank 5s (25 plyrs) and 25 noobs, i wonder who would win:cool: