PDA

View Full Version : DvD-RoM not found please insert and press ok

ChanceMcGee1
01-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey guys i need some help with starting my Gears of War PC game. I disabled virtual drives from programs such as poweriso and so forth, but i almost tried everything and i still can't get it to run. I can run GTA 4 perfectly and any other game except this one. Hopefully this can be solved. I don't know if this has to do anything with it, but when the message appears it comes with a yellow exclamation point not a red x. All i can remember is that i was running the game perfectly a couple days ago and when i installed GTA 4 and winsock xp and stuff like that, now it doesn't work. I was like WTF lol. PLEASE someone out there help me! Thanks

jaggerjaques
01-26-2009, 10:32 PM
You can read other disks just fine? Try the Gears CD in another computer?

ChanceMcGee1
01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok I'll try that but does anyone else have any suggestion or clue on what this problem could be based on? I have no clue what caused this.

ChanceMcGee1
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't think it's my CD as it is in perfect condition. Also i was able to install gears but i cannot run it. Can anyone help please!?

MozI
01-29-2009, 08:00 PM
I get this all the time... I learned to deal with it.

Keep clicking all the errors eventually the game will run... sad but at least the game or editor runs.

BONUS
01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah i posted with the same issues. I think its related to the "executable modified" error. cuz i didnt start getting the "insert DVD" error til i put my system time 2 days back.

ChanceMcGee1
01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Sadly to say though... that clicking on the errors does not help me at all, lol, since i haven't ran the game in about a week now. =(

ChanceMcGee1
01-30-2009, 09:01 PM
PLEASE anyone help me!!?? it still says it. I can't even get to the part where it has an error with the executable code thingy. What in the world is causing this? I reinstalled several time, but still no luck. please anyone?

mcnichoj
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Try uninstalling GTA4?

ChanceMcGee1
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey.. Do you guys think it could be because of SecuRom. I had to download it to run GTA4. If so, how do i disable it? I don't want to remove it since i need it to run GTA4.

ChanceMcGee1
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
ANYONE know a solution to this????? i still can't run, even after the new patch for the code.

OrionnoirO
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.securom.com/support/repair.zip

Try that... Not sure if it will help or not, but worth a shot.

ChanceMcGee1
02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
nope it didn't do anything. Gears still doesn't run for me. I wonder if its like gears trying to open through gta 4 securom launcher? Idk how to change it back but i think thats whats happening, i just don't know how to stop gears from opening throguh that secu rom.

ChanceMcGee1
02-12-2009, 05:49 PM
C-mon guys anyone??? i still can't play the game. Idk what could be the issue of this. Anyone out there have GTA4 and gears? And able to play gears???

jaggerjaques
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM
I have GTA4 through Steam and I can run Gears just fine.

Cbezault
02-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Do you have GTA IV for cd or steam b/c I have GTA IV for dc and have the exact same problem

ChanceMcGee1
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes i do have GTA 4 for pc thats on a CD. I thinks it with SecuRom that's on the CD in order for it to run that's interfering with Gears. I don't know how to solve this issue and if anyone else is having the same problem maybe you know what to do?

KIWIDOGGIE
02-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Heres what you have to do, goto your Gears directory then run startup.exe, for some reason running from shortcut or the disk menu gives me this time to time.

ChanceMcGee1
02-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Umm yea... thats doesn't work. Tried almost everything. I called Microsoft and they couldn't find it. I might have to call Rockstar Games?

Does anyone else have this same problem (owning GoW1 pc and GTA 4 pc, both on discs, and while both are installed, Gears does not run or start up?)

ChanceMcGee1
06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Hello guys. I still didn't get a solution so just bumping this post.

CGSDR
09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi, all i'd like to share this message to every member who has post the similar problem to me, which is about an error message "Please insert the DVD ROM, click OK, and restart apllication" now i can run it, to run it without error is uninstall any virtual drive program e.g Nero, Daemon tool, UltraISO, Roxio etc, and mine one is UltraISO n Roxio, then i uninstall it then restart, after restrat, i try to double-click the start-up.exe and then no more error!:) i can run it so smooth like my other Games For Windows - LIVE!

PS: to the moderator, i like to ask u to post/send this to all member who has problem like me, all of them are mostly has no reply or the reply is useless, can you please do that? i just wanna help the other to able to play it. Thanks